• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 2018 Anime Discussion Thread

Ok, so this was just the best episode of the entire final season so far, first, Acnologia took the name because he lost his own due to madness and only remembers the one dragon that ruined his life forever by killing everyone he knew, so he took the name as a symbol of hatred and anger, also he lost care for humanity at all after that, secondly, they gave all 7 dragon slayers a well animated action clip of them fighting Acnologia, and they also had every single character, even the anime-only ones appear to give magic to Fairy Sphere, also it looks like there will be 2 episodes left, I thought they were actually going to make this fight rushed and we were just gonna see SFD Natsu One-Shot Acnologia quickly, but no they're extending this sh*t, in fact, it looks like we're getting an entire episode dedicated to Natsu vs Acnologia, which is awesome, because we'll get an actual full fight between the two, honestly the anime is seeming like the full canon at the moment, with the manga being secondary

Point is, they're giving the final fight care and are making it longer and better, props for the anime finally doing something I wanted it to do

I guess they'll have the final fight and then have the last chapter be rushed

Good episode. Nothing to say that already hasn't been said.

Anyone else notice the way Natsu spoke in the end while Acno was losing his mind? It kinda makes it seem like he wanted to die and Natsu recognises that. It would make sense I suppose, just about every immortal in FT is suicidal and Acnologia doesn't seem to be the immune to this rule.

Well it actually all makes sense, Acnologia was very good friends with all the dragons and his village, so when they left, returned, killed everyone he loved, and then destroyed his entire town, it must have psychologically broke him, he begun to hate dragons and despised how weak he was, he no longer cared about humanity or himself, he just wanted to kill Dragons, so he learned Dragon Slayer Magic and went on a rampage, he killed so much and absorbed so many dragon souls that he could no longer even remember his own name, the bloodshed and power was driving him mad, his only desire left was to kill all dragons, so he took the name of the one thing he remembered, Acnologia, and even eventually turned into a dragon, after essentially wiping out nearly all dragons, he became bored with the world as he said to Zeref, he was so powerful and had no challengers and his goal was basically complete, he had no purpose whatsoever, so he decided that along with the Dragon Slayers, why not just destroy the world in one big ending, in the end his mind was so destroyed that he just wanted to end everything, that's why when he finally is killed and realizes the only thing Natsu needs to feel complete is his friends, he feels at peace and calls him the king

It turns out, Acnologia was actually almost as complex as Zeref, the anime has really opened my eyes about Acnologia

@Aubin

Yeah, I'm glad the anime actually developed his character, despite the flashback not even being that long.

Really added some depth to Acno's personality, and explained his motives better.

So when are we gonna make the anime the main canon ovo?

Seriously though, would some of the feats change if we apply the anime version of them? And if so, by how much?

Mr.Cinos15 said:
So when are we gonna make the anime the main canon ovo?

Seriously though, would some of the feats change if we apply the anime version of them? And if so, by how much?
well hiro is supervising the anime, but it's depends on feat, if it's different from manga alot or yield result which become outlier then it's unsuable, like One of mira anime feat put her on low-country lvl and result was higher or comparable to irene desu sema, which is outlier feat for mira

@Cinos

IIRC Mirajane has a casual tier 6 feat since she evaporated all the water in the bay with her magic power alone in the anime so quite a lot.

Well *****, the anime thread has reached over 500 comments, I'm not making another Anime Thread since there's only 1 episode left, anymore of these dicussions should be moved to the 100 Year Quest Thread

100 Year Quest Thread

Back