• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 2018 Anime Discussion Thread

Only 1 think i dislike from manga is gajeel df moment.(last arc) And love natsu vs zeref fight

@1996KD

You're mixing up art with animation. Art is how it looks. Animation is how smooth the movements are.

The art is usually solid, it's the animation I'm worried about

It seems the final season will have 51 episodes, that's a good amount, tartaros took 31 episodes, so IMO

8-10 episodes for Avatar Arc

42-40 episodes for Alvarez Arc

And the last episode is chapter 545

Maybe one day we'll get an anime for the sequel manga, but 51 episodes looks about right for proper pacing, still hope they extend the fights like in Tartaros, how they gave Laxus a fight

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
It seems the final season will have 51 episodes, that's a good amount, tartaros took 31 episodes, so IMO
8-10 episodes for Avatar Arc

42-40 episodes for Alvarez Arc

And the last episode is chapter 545

If we get 51Episodes im sure most of them going out for Alvarez Arc.

Avatar arc going out from chapter 419-435 who make at least 16 Chapters, so you are right if one episode get 2-3chapters we get at least 6-8Episodes for the whole begin of the new arc and the end of Avatar arc. And 42Episodes for Alvares arc enough to make very good ending seasion.^^

Wait until the amount of episodes is confirmed. MAL hasn't posted anything concerning that yet, so I say we wait for confirmation

125 chapter and ft always use two chapter two chapter to make episode, by this logic ft will have atleast 62 episode, also some fight is going to be longer like god serena vs wizard saints, and some more fight will be extended, and don't forget filler episode, also if they want they can increase episode no by turning dragon cry movie into episodes(but i don't think they are going to do it)

Either way it's safe to say it will have 65episodes

There are some quick chapters tho, like the set ups for the war chapters, can go by lightning fast, they did Tartaros at a good pace for 31 episodes I think Alvarez will be fine with 40+ episodes

Dude, in that PV, Natsu's Voice Actor is going ham, he has so much emotion in those screams, and he sounds really pissed

Anime seems simple, but clean, which is very good, don't need One Punch Man, or Unlimited Budget Works, but consistent animation, with occasional awesome, is good

Watched the episode on the TV Tokyo livestream. Seems really slick so far. They animated it up to Orochi's attack. The episode next week will be the bluenote oneshot.

That was great, the beginning felt unnecessary with the flashforward to the war, but the Anna Forshadowing was a great addition, also the tiny filler moments were great

Overall, I'm so glad Fairy Tail is Back

I legit forgot they already did Natsu one shotting the x792 gmg winners. I thought they skipped it for a bit until Lucy wasted her nostalgia.

So Natsu One Shotting Bluenote to the classic Fairy Tail music was amazing, we better get Dragon Force Playing against Zeref

Not so sure that I like them showing Acnologia's human form so early. The reveal would be far more epic after the Zeref's encounter, just like in the manga.

They already showed Acnologia's human form in Dragon Cry and the Opening, it's not much of a reveal anymore, but I can see where you're coming from

Back