• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

1. True but still sucks. Natsu needed and still needs WAY more development, heavily static bro

2. It doesn't even have to be crying. Maybe even just straight up anger. Like we see him just blasting trees or something and having Vietnam Flashback literally being torn apart by Acnologia. And just screaming in anger and losing his shit, it would fit since he is a very emotional person and all, and is part dragon, who are famous for their rampages both in Fairy Tail in Real Life Lore

3. No it wasn't......Mashima built up END quite well.......then failed to deliver.......

MHsroMNqsxkaVRyRLp0xJxfuuu5a8n8AA5OdRilSyLkAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

I will never forgive him for that
1. I like his development, we see him open up more and show his care for his friends more, not to mention his arc about accepting his humanity

2. Bruh, what's wrong with his reaction, he was balling and in tears, that fits Natsu way more

3. I'm glad the story didn't go the generic Inner Hollow and Nine Tails route, Erza being the one to stop Natsu and Gray from fighting was so fitting

Man said Goku has depth and not Natsu 💀
Man don't turn against me Mitch that ain't what I'm saying. I'm just saying every time we explore who Goku is, it's always really good, but with Natsu, I feel as if the well written ones didn't come until near the end of the series.

Natsu lighting his soul, his everything, on fire, standing all alone against Zeref, overpowering the source of all magic, love, with his own power, his own love for his friends, was raw as shit.

Seeing Natsu break into tears at the sight of Mavis and his father when he went to Beta-Heaven, having his father tell him that he is special, even outside of his relationships, that he is kind and compassionate, got me bawling.

Natsu using Dragonization and defeating Animus, telling him he is willing to throw away all that he is because without Fairy Tail he thinks of himself as nothing, was not only the most badass shit in Fairy Tail no contest, was almost tragic.

When Natsu goes off, he goes off. I just want more of it, not END and Gray getting jobbed by Erza.

Last edited:
I once talked about how Natsu has a very interesting character arc in X792 about himself and his identity, and honestly it's one of the most subtly well-written things I've seen in a while.

Man don't turn against me Mitch that ain't what I'm saying. I'm just saying every time we explore who Goku is, it's always really good, but with Natsu, I feel as if the well written ones didn't come until near the end of the series.

Natsu lighting his soul, his everything, one fire, standing all alone against Zeref, overpowering the source of all magic, love, with his own power, his own love for his friends, was raw as shit.

Seeing Natsu break into tears at the sight of Mavis and his father when he went to Beta-Heaven, having his father tell him that he is special, even outside of his relationships, got me bawling.

Natsu using Dragonization and defeating Animus, telling him he is willing to throw away all that he is because without Fairy Tail he thinks of himself as nothing, was not only the most badass shit in Fairy Tail no contest, was a little tragic.

When Natsu goes off, he goes off. I just want more of it.
Well yeah, who Natsu really is and what his backstory entails was tied to one of the biggest mysteries in the story, of course it wasn't going to be directly addressed until the final arc. Natsu acts more as a supportive MC who helps everyone else deal with their problems until eventually it's his turn.

I once talked about how Natsu has a very interesting character arc in X792 about himself and his identity, and honestly it's one of the most subtly well-written things I've seen in a while.
This sounds super shallow, I know, and him becoming human makes sense, if a little safe, but I would have liked Natsu to have chosen the Dragon seed, I just find the possibilities of that more interesting. One of the main themes of the final Acnologia fight was that not all dragons were bad, that they vary, just like people. Yet the series treats Acnologia and Irene becoming dragons as bad things but fail to understand the context of their respective circumstances.

I saw Natsu choosing neither coming from a mile away, and while yeah it seems deep to have Natsu lose everything that makes him special, which in turn makes him special, throwing away the END story line to do it, and blatantly ignoring the final message of dragons not being bad so we could get 'he is stepping into his own' didn't feel like a fair trade off.

Tldr; Natsu choosing to be human isn't bad, just what we gave up for us to get there will always leave a bitter taste in my mouth. This is just personal opinion though, nothing more than wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who hates that lesson? I'm going to be burned at the stake for this, but I did not like Natsu vs Gildarts.
The lesson was to teach Natsu that there is someone thats going to be stronger then him so he needs to learn what to do in battle. It pretty much put him down the pedestal because he was someone who just rush into battle and always wants to just fight someone even if they outclass him

The lesson was to teach Natsu that there is someone thats going to be stronger then him so he needs to learn what to do in battle. It pretty much put him down the pedestal because he was someone who just rush into battle and always wants to just fight someone even if they outclass him
But from the first few episodes, the show constantly shoves the fact there are people stronger than him down our throats. Natsu was already weaker than the S-class, they were obvious benchmarks for him to surpass. Natsu fighting despite being outclassed was what made him Natsu. He does not have the option to throw his hands up and say 'welp I tried' every time someone stronger comes along. He has a family to protect, running and surrendering isn't in the cards.

This isn't Master Roshi beating Goku, (another Dragon Ball analogy I know, but it is the benchmark for all shounen), where Roshi teaches Goku, who had been a force of nature up until that point, that there will always be someone stronger and to never stop reaching new heights.

Natsu wasn't really on that high of pedestal to begin with. It was kicking down for the sake of a bumper stick slogan lesson that goes against who Natsu is. Even Master Makarov tries enforce this complacency in the very next fight, and thankfully Natsu seems to have realized giving into fear will not help him grow despite what Gildarts said and fights anyway.

In the hades fight he was met with an even more dominating aura but managed to stand up against because of what he experienced with gildarts. Difference is with gildarts it was friendly, with hades it was life or death. So natsu gets his strength from those he needs to protect so although they were all terrified of devil eye hades natsu was able to stand again and fight. Gildarts was recklessness and ego hades it was a life or death situation so there's not reason to be sobbing on your knees he was gunna kill them anyway. He had no reason to fight Gildarts seriously but hades he had to or everyone died. Granted hades would of washed him anyway but cats came in clutch. In a way you can suppose gildarts was showing him what someone stronger than you and with malicious intent looks like. But hades would of killed them. That's the difference in that situation you gotta fight anyway. Agasint gildarts whom is your ally no

or quite simply it was all about natsu normally vs natsu with friends around. He was scared to strike gildarts but managed to stand back up against hades. It may of helped him in future fights like mard geer, spriggan etc

In the hades fight he was met with an even more dominating aura but managed to stand up against because of what he experienced with gildarts. Difference is with gildarts it was friendly, with hades it was life or death. So natsu gets his strength from those he needs to protect so although they were all terrified of devil eye hades natsu was able to stand again and fight. Gildarts was recklessness and ego hades it was a life or death situation so there's not reason to be sobbing on your knees he was gunna kill them anyway. He had no reason to fight Gildarts seriously but hades he had to or everyone died. Granted hades would of washed him anyway but cats came in clutch. In a way you can suppose gildarts was showing him what someone stronger than you and with malicious intent looks like. But hades would of killed them. That's the difference in that situation you gotta fight anyway. Agasint gildarts whom is your ally no
Jellal and Zero, both people who started out stronger than Natsu, and had very malicious intent, he wasn't afraid to go 'square up pussy' to either of them. Natsu standing up to Hades is in character for him with or without Gildarts' 'lesson'. And at this time, Natsu was still under the belief becoming S-class was important, so he was taking Gildarts very seriously.

Granted its obvious Gramps is gatekeeping **** who decides to play patty cake with Natsu and a cliffside because he's to lazy to do some paperwork so that his 'children' who just risked their lives protecting the guild can be rewarded the title they most certainly deserve. Nowadays S-class is more or less an empty title to Natsu given he is stronger than all of them combined when he goes sicko mode.

True tho their is a difference with those two and jellal or zeno. But yea he is a square up person. I don't hate it cause I'm like that too. I would slap superman

Jellal and Zero, both people who started out stronger than Natsu, and had very malicious intent, he wasn't afraid to go 'square up pussy' to either of them. Natsu standing up to Hades is in character for him with or without Gildarts' 'lesson'. And at this time, Natsu was still under the belief becoming S-class was important, so he was taking Gildarts very seriously.

Granted its obvious Gramps is gatekeeping **** who decides to play patty cake with Natsu and a cliffside because he's to lazy to do some paperwork so that his 'children' who just risked their lives protecting the guild can be rewarded the title they most certainly deserve. Nowadays S-class is more or less an empty title to Natsu given he is stronger than all of them combined when he goes sicko mode.
Gecko Mode😭

This sounds super shallow, I know, and him becoming human makes sense, if a little safe, but I would have liked Natsu to have chosen the Dragon seed, I just find the possibilities of that more interesting. One of the main themes of the final Acnologia fight was that not all dragons were bad, that they vary, just like people. Yet the series treats Acnologia and Irene becoming dragons as bad things but fail to understand the context of their respective circumstances.

I saw Natsu choosing neither coming from a mile away, and while yeah it seems deep to have Natsu lose everything that makes him special, which in turn makes him special, throwing away the END story line to do it, and blatantly ignoring the final message of dragons not being bad so we could get 'he is stepping into his own' didn't feel like a fair trade off.

Tldr; Natsu choosing to be human isn't bad, just what we gave up for us to get there will always leave a bitter taste in my mouth. This is just personal opinion though, nothing more than wishful thinking.
The whole point is that in spite of wielding the power of a Dragon and being reborn as a Demon, Natsu chooses to hold on to his Humanity and continue to live as a Human, something Acnologia clearly didn't. Acnologia abandoned his name and humanity to become what he was, being the Dragon King. Irene becoming a Dragon ruined her life and robbed her of being able to feel anything. And Igneel never wanted Natsu to become a Dragon.

If anything, him becoming a Dragon would have butchered his character arc and made him no different from Acnologia
Natsu wasn't really on that high of pedestal to begin with. It was kicking down for the sake of a bumper stick slogan lesson that goes against who Natsu is. Even Master Makarov tries enforce this complacency in the very next fight, and thankfully Natsu seems to have realized giving into fear will not help him grow despite what Gildarts said and fights anyway.
Gildarts never said "give into fear", what he said was that fear is not evil and that it allows someone to grow stronger and kinder as a result by being able to view their own weaknesses and confront them. He basically said, it's ok to be afraid sometimes, there's benefit to that.

The whole point is that in spite of wielding the power of a Dragon and being reborn as a Demon, Natsu chooses to hold on to his Humanity and continue to live as a Human, something Acnologia clearly didn't. Acnologia abandoned his name and humanity to become what he was, being the Dragon King. Irene becoming a Dragon ruined her life and robbed her of being able to feel anything. And Igneel never wanted Natsu to become a Dragon.

If anything, him becoming a Dragon would have butchered his character arc and made him no different from Acnologia

Gildarts never said "give into fear", what he said was that fear is not evil and that it allows someone to grow stronger and kinder as a result by being able to view their own weaknesses and confront them. He basically said, it's ok to be afraid sometimes, there's benefit to that.
Except the entire existence of Igneel completely discredits the link between being a dragon and lacking humanity. They even gave a speech about no one had his power, nor his compassion.

Acnologia has wildly different circumstances, he had no one but his own rage and anguish, so of course he turns bitter and cold, the same with Irene. Once again, one of the entire messages of the last Acnologia fight was that Dragons vary, just like people. Its contradictory in my opinion for the show to herald Igneel's compassion, then completely ignore it and act as if only humans have it. Saying Natsu turning into a dragon would make him no different than Acnologia in my mind completely ignores the circumstances and experiences each individual went through. One is surrounded by people Natsu is willing to die fighting for, the other alone with nothing but the dust and echoes of what he once loved. I get Igneel didn't want him to become a dragon, but there are good dragons, there are bad dragons, just like humans.

There is no need for a big argument, I'm just sorta shooting the breeze. I don't think Natsu choosing the dragon seed would butcher anything, just take him in a different direction.

Gildarts explicitly said there is no shame in letting fear 're-sheath' your blades, which will true to some extent, there is no harm in being afraid, doesn't apply to Natsu just because he doesn't hesitate to throw himself at strong opponents. The biggest flaw is how that is used as justification and reassurance for Natsu, when it shouldn't be. Yes, there is no shame in being afraid, but a better lesson would be that fears you don't face become your limits. Natsu didn't face his fear, he surrendered, flying in the face of everything he had done so far for the sake of a lesson he didn't need. Natsu is well aware of his limitations, he just choses not to let them control him. In that scene, he let fear control him, and personally, that just doesn't feel like Natsu to me. To each their own though.

Basically, the lesson itself is fine, but how it applies to Natsu and its presentation needed a lot of work. I personally would have had Natsu gotten back up and tell Gildarts that feeling fear is fine, letting it control you isn't.

Except the entire existence of Igneel completely discredits the link between being a dragon and lacking humanity. They even gave a speech about no one had his power, nor his compassion.

Acnologia has wildly different circumstances, he had no one but his own rage and anguish, so of course he turns bitter and cold, the same with Irene. Once again, one of the entire messages of the last Acnologia fight was that Dragons vary, just like people. Its contradictory in my opinion for the show to herald Igneel's compassion, then completely ignore it and act as if only humans have it. Saying Natsu turning into a dragon would make him no different than Acnologia in my mind completely ignores the circumstances and experiences each individual went through. One is surrounded by people Natsu is willing to die fighting for, the other alone with nothing but the dust and echoes of what he once loved. I get Igneel didn't want him to become a dragon, but there are good dragons, there are bad dragons, just like humans.

There is no need for a big argument, I'm just sorta shooting the breeze. I don't think Natsu choosing the dragon seed would butcher anything, just take him in a different direction.
You're funamentally missing the point, it's not that being a Dragon is bad, it's when a Human transforms into a Dragon that it's bad

Igneel is a normal Dragon who was born a Dragon, no issues there. The difference is when Humans become Dragons, they literally lose their minds and ability to use their senses. Killing so many Dragons literally made Acnologia forget who he even was, and once you become a Dragon, you never really regain your Human self, you can take the appearance of a Human, but it's not the real thing. Natsu wouldn't be like Igneel if he became a Dragon, he would be like Acnologia and Irene, who'd suffer mind pains, memory loss, and loss of senses, it would very much be a bad thing and the antithesis of everything the series has set up

It would absolutely butcher Natsu's character arc and the arc of the story for him to do that

Alright let's try to do a tier list instead of a top strongest list

Supreme God tier: Natsu seven flame dragon

Omega God tier: acnologia EOS

God Tier: Dragon Acnologia, Dragon Gods full dragon

Super Top tier: Suzaku, Kirin, DF Wendy, Haku, Selene human form, human acnologia, Misaki, Gildarts (Current), Red lightning laxus, Erza fire and ice swords, Jellal (current)

Top tier: Zeref, DF natsu, natsu igneel tattoo

Super High Tier: full power August and Irene (spriggan arc), Gildarts, Red lightning laxus (spriggan arc)?

High tier: Erza top armors (spriggan arc), Mirajane alegria, larcade, Sting white shadow df, Dimaria God soul, Third origin Sherria, Laxus (spriggan arc), Jellal (spriggan arc), Skullion raider, Madmole, Kyria, Spider guy, natsu blaze dragon king mode (spriggan arc), Angry devil slayer gray, Satan soul mirajane (current), probably a stretch but large Brandish? I know her size alteration can affect strength as seen with gajeel

Mid-High: God Serena, Invel, Satan soul sitri, Satan soul mirajane (spriggan arc), Base natsu, Gray ice devil slayer (spriggan arc), Brandish (spriggan arc)

Chore but most agree with that?

Last edited:
Didnt know about Base Irene and August so either in high tier unless one of their own is necessary. Prkblem is laxus and jellal are portrayed as equals even before red lightning so I gave laxus the edge in spriggan arc

Not ordered btw as in greatest to least

Last edited:
You're funamentally missing the point, it's not that being a Dragon is bad, it's when a Human transforms into a Dragon that it's bad

Igneel is a normal Dragon who was born a Dragon, no issues there. The difference is when Humans become Dragons, they literally lose their minds and ability to use their senses. Killing so many Dragons literally made Acnologia forget who he even was, and once you become a Dragon, you never really regain your Human self, you can take the appearance of a Human, but it's not the real thing. Natsu wouldn't be like Igneel if he became a Dragon, he would be like Acnologia and Irene, who'd suffer mind pains, memory loss, and loss of senses, it would very much be a bad thing and the antithesis of everything the series has set up

It would absolutely butcher Natsu's character arc and the arc of the story for him to do that
Your painting was too broad of a brush. You furthering my point about their circumstances, Acnologia became a dragon by killing dragons, Natsu would've become a dragon because he was growing stronger. And who's to say Natsu wouldn't have been able to break the cycle, to be the exception due to his strength of character. Him ending a cycle of giving in to hate is something I can see him doing.

I don't have strong legs to stand on I know, because your talking about what happened, I'm talking about what could have been. Saying Natsu isn't Natsu because he chose to be one thing rather than other is simply something I don't agree with.

I wasn't saying this is how it should have gone, I'm not saying it would have been better or worse, I'm just saying I think a good story could have come from it.

Supreme God tier: Natsu savage dragon fire

Nope.

1. Human-form Post-RoSAT Acno defeated a Savage Dragon Fire Natsu who had a 2x amp.

2. Dragon Form Post-RoSAT Acno is confirmed to be above Seven Fire Dragon Natsu, who is 4x above Savage RoSAT Natsu

Supreme God tier: Natsu savage dragon fire

Super Top tier: Suzaku, Kirin, DF Wendy, Haku, Selene human form, human acnologia, Misaki, Gildarts (Current), Red lightning laxus, Erza fire and ice swords, Jellal (current)

Super High Tier: full power August and Irene (spriggan arc), Gildarts, Red lightning laxus (spriggan arc)?

High tier: Erza top armors (spriggan arc), Mirajane alegria, larcade, Sting white shadow df, Dimaria God soul, Third origin Sherria, Laxus (spriggan arc), Jellal (spriggan arc), Skullion raider, Madmole, Kyria, Spider guy, natsu blaze dragon king mode (spriggan arc), Angry devil slayer gray, Satan soul mirajane (current), probably a stretch but large Brandish? I know her size alteration can affect strength as seen with gajeel

Mid-High: God Serena, Invel, Satan soul sitri, Satan soul mirajane (spriggan arc), Base natsu, Gray ice devil slayer (spriggan arc), Brandish (spriggan arc)

Chore but most agree with that?
Why is DF Natsu so low? Have you read the profile? I don't wanna be rude, but this ain't r/FairyTail where we downplay the shit out of Natsu. DF Natsu is the strongest in the guild and it isn't even close.

Wym? Its the one from the spriggan arc. New one would be above suzaku etc. Zeref wasn't even convinced it would do him in. In fact it didn't do anything but blow away his magic. Which igneel tattoo also did. And igneel tattoo has blaze dragon king mode on top of it.

Last edited:
idk what u call the natsu that one shotted acnologia that's what I was referring to cause I remember ppl calling it two different things when it came out. But seven fire is it. So ill edit that bit

Last edited:
Acnologia is stated to be the strongest character in the original series, so he would be #1, Seven Fire Dragons Mode Natsu is still right after, he did one-tap Post-SBT Acnologia, even if he was frozen in place

What about the lower tiers ik some spots are questionable but I think it's mostly accurate. I really do wonder if tall brandish is higher than her standard spriggan tier like dimaria in God soul. That part is more so head Canon but I think it makes sense considering what it did for gajeel so my headcanon is brandish making herself huge is bumped up one tier but eh. But again just head canon

Supreme God tier: Natsu seven flame dragon
He's #2
He's #1
Acceptable, but FH Zeref and SDFF Natsu would be here as well if not right below
Accurate
If we talking X792 DF Natsu, then yeah, the rest is fine
More or less good, Red Lightning Laxus is sadly mostly featless outside of one-shotting one of the stronger average Spriggans, but I could see how he would place here
This is acceptable, theoretically Brandish should be High 6-A if she ever actually did get as big as Gajeel did
Yep, this looks good

Overall this is solid

That would be wacky if she could even though I like brandish. So she can buff someone to a massive size, or herself but her magic does not work on those far stronger than her. But not everything that size will be high 6-A. Example happy wouldn't most likely. But those on base natsu tier seems like. A very weird specific scenario but brandish is kinda broken

Last edited:
I kinda have FT rankings like this ( not in order from left to right )

God Tiers: Acnologia, Zeref, Natsu, Dragon Gods, Black Dragon Knights, George, Phoenix, Eclipse Celestial Spirit King, Igneel, Elesferia, Alta Face, Current Wendy I guess, Dragon Cry Animus,

Top Tiers: Spriggan 12, Normal Diablos Members, Most of the Current FT Guild it seems lmao, Gods of Ishgar, Moonlit Beauty goddesses, Alvarez Soldiers

High Tiers: Eclipse Dragons, Normal Wizard Saints, Tartoros, Hades, Zero

Mid Tiers: Pre Time Skip A-S Class Mages

Low Tiers: Average Mages and Fodders like BOS Lucy, Max, Wendy,and stuff

^Not perfect lost but that's the basic idea of what I mean. Hope it makes sense, also obviously left a lot of people out but you can get a general idea of where they should go

There's too big a difference of the the chars u listed example larcade can one shot a spriggan tier. But God soul dimaria can as well. As can certain forms of certain characters basically you need to be very specific with tiering as 12 spriggans can't be lumped up together as God soul dimaria would god stomp anyone not larcade or Irene and august. Basically I think it needs to be more strict to work as u cant lump up spriggan and dragon eaters

Shameless plug for me and DragonGamer’s fanfic

Fate/Burning Will

The story's competent, and comprehensible, which already makes it better than 90% of fanfiction. It's a little impersonal writing wise, nothing descriptive, nothing to latch onto, everything feels so neutral when everything is so vague. However, this is a strength in certain scenes, and works against it in others. Plot wise, I don't understand fate in the least so I don't have anything to say about that, but why did Natsu not want to go home in the slightest? He just gets dumped into a different world and goes 'aight bet', other than that everything's perfectly fine. The fight scenes are once again a little bland, but never over stay their welcome and are easy to follow along. Which is a huge accomplishment because books are the worst medium for fight scenes. The interactions are well written, and while the story isn't anything to write home about, the plot is mad interesting, Natsu's perfectly in character and never becomes too much of a caricature so poggers.

It just needs a bit more flavor if that makes any sense, and you got yourself a banger.

Back