• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

Well the top armor for sure are at least red black twin blades, clear heart and most likely nakagami. Idk if anything else is in same tier. Maybe the fairy armor but that hasn't seen light in awhile so idk if she even has it and if the old one she did show compares with those

This isn't 100%, but it's an idea of what the ranking would be for her Strongest Armors

1. Clear Heart Clothing
2. Thousand Arms Armor
3. Red-Black Armor
4. Nakagami Armor
5. Celestial Armor
6. Armadura Fairy Armor
7. Purgatory Armor
8. Black Wing Armor
9. Wedding Dress Armor
10. Heaven's Wheel Armor

I kinda forgot about the arm armor but that makes sense. Tho I wonder if the arm one was used because it was a good match up but I'm sure it is a top armor regardless. But there really is a massive difference between 1-5 and 10-7. For example I think an average spriggan was comparable to 10-7 during that arc, but 1-5 should be a major stomp to any spriggan that isn't larcade and higher.

Edit: I think God soul dimaria is larcade tier ap wise

Last edited:
I kinda forgot about the arm armor but that makes sense. Tho I wonder if the arm one was used because it was a good match up but I'm sure it is a top armor regardless. But there really is a massive difference between 1-5 and 10-7. For example I think an average spriggan was comparable to 10-7 during that arc, but 1-5 should be a major stomp to any spriggan that isn't larcade and higher.
It's a bit hard to exactly quantify all of Erza's Armors since she has so many and every one has their own strengths and weaknesses, so we basically work with what we can, all I know is those 10 are pretty much the 10 strongest, but there is a clear hierachy between them, like Red-Black Armor is the Armor she whipped out when she finally got serious against Irene, and it is the only one of her Armors to actually injure and make Human Form Irene bleed

So it's way up there

Clear Heart Cloth is clearly number 1 tho. Erza's most insane feats come from the CHC

One-shotting Ikaruga, defeating Azuma, one-shotting Kagura, beating Etherious Form Kyoka senseless, staring away Historia's, destroying Deus Sema, and nearly stalemating Laxus

Should be a stomp on hades part do base hades. Eh probably not a stomp depends if erza in tartarus is stronger than gildarts from tenrou. Because devils eye hades should be way above gildarts due to them not sensing that amount of magic power before and base hades being above laxus and bluenote which probably makes him comparable to gildarts. So you would be comparing tartarus erza vs gildarts, and then a hades that probably is way stronger than that gildarts (devil's eye). The only one that can probably beat that hades is mard geer

Last edited:
Not sure why but I find blaze dragon king mode more hype than dragon force or lightning flame dragon. And I find lightning flame dragon more hype than dragon force. Maybe its the name of the form? I'm sure the official name is fire dragon king but blaze dragon king mode to me sounds badass but fire does too. Its legit my fav form or power up for natsu. Like when he first used it with igneel tattoo was probably the sickest I ever seen him

You know, the funniest scene just occurred to me: what if Erza had a nightmare that Ichiya was dating Irene?

It's wacky and weird as f*ck but somehow feels like something that would fit with Ft's humor.

Fairy Tail's humor has always been really hit or miss if I'm being honest, it's not classic Dragon Ball, although that is probably the funniest anime to ever exist. The 'erza scary haha' and the S-class constantly making Natsu look pathetic lost their humor really quick. The show is at its funniest when Natsu does some really out of pocket shit or when two characters banter.
You know, the funniest scene just occurred to me: what if Erza had a nightmare that Ichiya was dating Irene?

It's wacky and weird as f*ck but somehow feels like something that would fit with Ft's humor.

Fairy Tail's humor has always been really hit or miss if I'm being honest, it's not classic Dragon Ball, although that is probably the funniest anime to ever exist. The 'erza scary haha' and the S-class constantly making Natsu look pathetic lost their humor really quick. The show is at its funniest when Natsu does some really out of pocket shit or when two characters banter.
Yep.

My top 10 favorite FT characters ( not in order bar Gajeel )

1. Gajeel ( best boy )
2. Laxus
3. Jellal
4. Mavis
5. Zeref
6. Acnologia
7. Hades
8. Irene
9. Gildarts
10. Ultear ( best girl )

Honorable mentions:

• Happy
  • Wendy
  • August
  • Mirajane
  • Levy/Lucy

My top 10 favorite FT characters ( not in order bar Gajeel )

1. Gajeel ( best boy )
2. Laxus
3. Jellal
4. Mavis
5. Zeref
6. Acnologia
7. Hades
8. Irene
9. Gildarts
10. Ultear ( best girl )

Honorable mentions:

• Happy
  • Wendy
  • August
  • Mirajane
  • Levy/Lucy
No Natsu?
5cMkZIt.jpg

No Natsu?
5cMkZIt.jpg
Ngl to you......he's on the lower end spectrum of top 20 ( probably anywhere from #15-#20 )

I wouldn't necessarily say that's a bad thing, just goes to show how well mashima did with his side characters if I like them so much

Though don't worry, Natsu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gray on my list and that's what matters most

8c33a1587bd48f51c2faa0851d56c99b.gif

Ngl to you......he's on the lower end spectrum of top 20 ( probably anywhere from #15-#20 )

I wouldn't necessarily say that's a bad thing, just goes to show how well mashima did with his side characters if I like them so much

Though don't worry, Natsu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gray on my list and that's what matters most

8c33a1587bd48f51c2faa0851d56c99b.gif
Honestly, the show has focused on just Natsu as a character three times in the series, and only one of them was well written.

Igneel's death was the saddest moment in the show by a mile, but they treat it like its nothing. While everyone else is saying goodbye to the dragons and cracking jokes, Natsu is sobbing over the still steaming corpse of his murdered father less than 100 yards away and no one comforts him. NO ONE. Aren't they supposed to be his family? No Lucy, no Erza, the only person to even look in his ******* direction other than Gajeel is Happy, who can only stare helplessly as his best friend completely breaks down.

And the most tragic thing is, Natsu can only drag himself back to his feet again, as all he knows how to do is keep moving, even if it means denying himself the proper time to grieve over losing the person he has spent his entire adult life chasing.

Natsu isn't effected in the slightest the next scene, back to his normal self. There was so much more to do with it and they did jack shit. And we all know how god awful they butchered END. But Natsu and beta heaven had me crying in the club it was so good.

For a protagonist, Natsu is weirdly underrated. The show spends 90% of the time having his friends treat him like shit, with him at the butt of nearly every joke, and generally not taking him seriously as a mage, then at the end of every arc he usually pops off and gives us some peak fiction fights like Natsu vs Zero, vs Hades, vs Future Rogue, vs Sting and Rogue, vs Zeref both times. Natsu's fights are the only thing stopping Fairy Tail from being mid, other than the music and Zeref's story.

My top 10 FT characters

1. Zeref
2. Natsu
3. Wendy
4. Gajeel
5. Laxus
6. Erza
7. Jellal
8. Acnologia
9. Ultear
10. Gray he's actually a very underrated character, and he gets way more hate then he deserves

Honestly, the show has focused on just Natsu as a character three times in the series, and only one of them was well written.

Igneel's death was the saddest moment in the show by a mile, but they treat it like its nothing. While everyone else is saying goodbye to the dragons and cracking jokes, Natsu is sobbing over the still steaming corpse of his murdered father less than 100 yards away and no one comforts him. Natsu isn't effected in the slightest the next scene, back to his normal self. There was so much more to do with it and they did jack shit. And well all know how god awful they butchered END. But Natsu and beta heaven had me crying in the club it was so good.

For a protagonist, Natsu is weirdly underrated. The show spends 90% of the time having his friends treat him like shit, with him at the butt of nearly every joke, and generally not taking him seriously as a mage, then at the end of every arc he usually pops off and gives us some peak fiction fights like Natsu vs Zero, vs Hades, vs Future Rogue, vs Sting and Rogue, vs Zeref both times. Natsu's fights are the only thing stopping Fairy Tail from being mid, other than the music and Zeref's story.

1. Yeah while I do think Natsu was somewhat more better written than people give him credit for Mashima gave WAY more development to his side characters

2. Wish we saw some flashbacks of Natsu during his 1 Year Training trip angsting over Igneel's death, would have been some nice development. Since it's just him and Happy alone, he doesn't need to hide behind a smile anymore, let out his tears

3. The END plot line had such hype and when END stomped God Dimaria I was so ******* hyped........then that shit was so done so badly it honestly made me cringe. I thought we were going to get a new insight into Natsu's character........but dear god........

My Top 10 Favorite Characters I love most of them, so this is the best I could do

1. Natsu
2. Zeref
3. Erza
4. Laxus
5. Acnologia
6. Lucy
7. Mavis
8. Wendy
9. Gray
10. Gajeel

1. Yeah while I do think Natsu was somewhat more better written than people give him credit for Mashima gave WAY more development to his side characters

2. Wish we saw some flashbacks of Natsu during his 1 Year Training trip angsting over Igneel's death, would have been some nice development. Since it's just him and Happy alone, he doesn't need to hide behind a smile anymore, let out his tears

3. The END plot line had such hype and when END stomped God Dimaria I was so ******* hyped........then that shit was so done so badly it honestly made me cringe. I thought we were going to get a new insight into Natsu's character........but dear god........
1. One thing people forget is that Natsu is a major reason for most of casts development in the series. He develops through the development of others. Sure he has some very good development pieces throughout the series on his own, but his character shines the most when he's facilitating change in others.

2. Natsu's not really a crier tho. Iirc Natsu's only cried 3 times in the series (Igneel's death, Future Lucy's death, and Gray's almost death in Alvarez.) he gets more angry than sad most of the time.

3. The END stuff was fine imo. It was more about regular Natsu and Zeref to begin with. The Gray stuff was there to show just how much they care for each other by the end of the series. They went from absolutely not being able to stand each other to being best friends by the end of the series. Making Natsu Gray's greatest enemy was just there to show their progression. This lead into one of the few times Natsu has shed actual tears in the series. Which makes that moment all the more impactful.

1. Mirajane (shocker)
2. Hades
3. Dimaria yesta
4. Erza
5. Laxus
6. Selene
7. Gildarts
8. Brandish
9. Ikaruga
10. Natsu

Had mard geer originally but when I edited it I forgot but he's like number 6

1. One thing people forget is that Natsu is a major reason for most of casts development in the series. He develops through the development of others. Sure he has some very good development pieces throughout the series on his own, but his character shines the most when he's facilitating change in others.

2. Natsu's not really a crier tho. Iirc Natsu's only cried 3 times in the series (Igneel's death, Future Lucy's death, and Gray's almost death in Alvarez.) he gets more angry than sad most of the time.

3. The END stuff was fine imo. It was more about regular Natsu and Zeref to begin with. The Gray stuff was there to show just how much they care for each other by the end of the series. They went from absolutely not being able to stand each other to being best friends by the end of the series. Making Natsu Gray's greatest enemy was just there to show their progression. This lead into one of the few times Natsu has shed actual tears in the series. Which makes that moment all the more impactful.
Just because he is a static character isn't an excuse to have almost no depth. Goku is a static character, but has tons of depth. Yes, Natsu is at his best when he changes the world around him, but that would be all the more richer if we see Natsu's own change and how it lead to him changing others. Even static characters need development, just not the same type positive character arcs do. We we're never saying Natsu's character was badly written, just not explored quite enough for a protagonist. He didn't have a single well written or well explored development piece until the final Zeref fight and beta-heaven imo.

Take Igneel's death, as I said before they didn't do enough with it. It probably led to Natsu getting on the sigma grind during the one year time skip, and yeah he came back a freakin' monster, but not only does no one ever say, 'hey sorry the father we used mock you for believing in died saving all of us', we get one good admittedly awesome speech from the other dragons about Igneel being a gigachad, but that's about it.

Last edited:

1. True but still sucks. Natsu needed and still needs WAY more development, heavily static bro

2. It doesn't even have to be crying. Maybe even just straight up anger. Like we see him just blasting trees or something and having Vietnam Flashback literally being torn apart by Acnologia. And just screaming in anger and losing his shit, it would fit since he is a very emotional person and all, and is part dragon, who are famous for their rampages both in Fairy Tail in Real Life Lore

3. No it wasn't......Mashima built up END quite well.......then failed to deliver.......

MHsroMNqsxkaVRyRLp0xJxfuuu5a8n8AA5OdRilSyLkAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

I will never forgive him for that

1. True but still sucks. Natsu needed and still needs WAY more development, heavily static bro

2. It doesn't even have to be crying. Maybe even just straight up anger. Like we see him just blasting trees or something and having Vietnam Flashback literally being torn apart by Acnologia. And just screaming in anger and losing his shit, it would fit since he is a very emotional person and all, and is part dragon, who are famous for their rampages both in Fairy Tail in Real Life Lore

3. No it wasn't......Mashima built up END quite well.......then failed to deliver.......

MHsroMNqsxkaVRyRLp0xJxfuuu5a8n8AA5OdRilSyLkAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

I will never forgive him for that
Honestly, I'm scared for the next time they try to develop Natsu. I would rather there be no development than lazy development like they tried to do with Natsu vs Gildarts and the Dragon/Demon seed.

Just because he is a static character isn't an excuse to have almost no depth. Goku is a static character, but has tons of depth. Yes, Natsu is at his best when he changes the world around him, but that would be all the more richer if we see Natsu's own change and how it lead to him changing others. Even static characters need development, just not the same type positive character arcs do. We we're never saying Natsu's character was badly written, just not explored quite enough for a protagonist. He didn't have a single well written or well explored development piece until the final Zeref fight and beta-heaven imo.

Take Igneel's death, as I said before they didn't do enough with it. It probably led to Natsu getting on the sigma grind during the one year time skip, and yeah he came back a freakin' monster, but not only does no one ever say, 'hey sorry the father we used mock you for believing in died saving all of us', we get one good admittedly awesome speech from the other dragons about Igneel being a gigachad, but that's about it.
Man said Goku has depth and not Natsu 💀

natsu to me is weird I only like him when he gets serious. Aka igneel tattoo, blaze dragon king mode, dragon force, and when he says "I'm all fired up" basically his hype moments make him a top 10 to me but don't like him that much casually

Back