• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

The fact that Lucy may have lost hurts my heart so much man, she needed a win this arc

Shouldn't 100YQ Base Gray also be 6-C? If Gajeel in Base is also 6-C shouldn't Base Gray also be around that lvl or is Base Gajeel stronger than Base Gray? Ezra, Laxus, Gajeel and Jellal are all also 6-C.

Shouldn't 100YQ Base Gray also be 6-C? If Gajeel in Base is also 6-C shouldn't Base Gray also be around that lvl or is Base Gajeel stronger than Base Gray? Ezra, Laxus, Gajeel and Jellal are all also 6-C.
We have nothing that indicates that Gray is equal to the likes of Natsu and Gajeel in his base form.

Holy shit, the preview text for the Final Episode of the Final Season is actually badass

"One man lost everything to wicked dragons, including his inner humanity, during the Dragon King Festival 400 years ago. Even now, the lone king, gripped by madness, continues to wreak destruction. To break the chains of sorrow, Natsu transforms everyone's feelings into fire and unleashes a single, soulful blow! Their woven bonds will become the ultimate power of all!"

Really confirms how Acnologia went mad and is depressed

Hey, is anyone allowed to make a CRT? Because I do find something questionable with the calculations of power between Etherion and Ars-Magia now that I read the parts of the manga again and watched the anime version of them. Also that I looked at how the calculations of Etherion and Ars-Magia were done and I can't help but want to explain something the more I read them.

Hey, is anyone allowed to make a CRT? Because I do find something questionable with the calculations of power between Etherion and Ars-Magia now that I read the parts of the manga again and watched the anime version of them. Also that I looked at how the calculations of Etherion and Ars-Magia were done and I can't help but want to explain something the more I read them.
What's questionable?

What's questionable?
Well feel free to disagree with me because of course you guys did all the interpretations and calculations and I'm basically new here, so I'm not asking anyone to agree with me.

Wouldn't Etherion be more powerful than August's Ars-Magia? Because when I read back on chapter 439 of the original Fairy Tail, Makarov said that the entire Alvarez Empire called off the invasion with Ishgar for over a decade due to the threat of Etherion and of course Face (Note both weapons have different effects). And by Alvarez also includes the likes of August as well, so wouldn't that imply that the Etherion is stronger than Ars-Magia because Ars-Magia is basically August's full entire power?

Now regarding the calculations, I can agree with Ars-Magia's calculation of 14.4 Petatons of TNT due to it taking into account of melting energy of the entire country of Fiore because that's what the spell does. But Etherion was only 1.4 Petatons of TNT because the calculation was only based on the explosion blast radius itself. But the effect of Etherion as stated by the Magic Council and Mavis that the effect of Etherion leaves a smoking crater. And I find it questionable that the calculation of Etherion did not take into account of where the blast fired, the distance between where Etherion fired to the point of where it hits, how fast the Etherion beam travelled to the point where it hits, etc.

Anyways, that's what I believe. I may miss something but that's something I like to explain because it's been in my head for some time. But feel free to explain why that wasn't considered because again I am quite new to this myself.

Well August's Ars-Magia is a suicide attack, so it's arguable that Alvarez wouldn't be considering that as a method of countering Fiore, so it's quite possible Ars-Magia is above Etherion, there's really no direct comparison between the two

As for the Etherion Calc, it's pretty much a lowball, we know Etherion would create a blast radius that can engulf an entire country in one shot and we know that it can create a smoking crater, but the issue is we never see Etherion get fired and create a crater on Fiore, so basically we're being extremely conservative with how strong Etherion is

Etherion could be scaled far higher if we chose to use stronger methods, but since we never actually see when it has been fired with intent to destroy an entire country, we are currently lowballing

Well August's Ars-Magia is a suicide attack, so it's arguable that Alvarez wouldn't be considering that as a method of countering Fiore, so it's quite possible Ars-Magia is above Etherion, there's really no direct comparison between the two

As for the Etherion Calc, it's pretty much a lowball, we know Etherion would create a blast radius that can engulf an entire country in one shot and we know that it can create a smoking crater, but the issue is we never see Etherion get fired and create a crater on Fiore, so basically we're being extremely conservative with how strong Etherion is

Etherion could be scaled far higher if we chose to use stronger methods, but since we never actually see when it has been fired with intent to destroy an entire country, we are currently lowballing
Ok, understandable.

That happens with a lot of calcs. Results vary depending on what you use. Etherion can go anywhere from 6-A to 5-C, for example (yes, 5-C, I tried it myself, it's absolutely nuts)
You said you tried it. If you don't mind, could I have a look at your calc? Or was it something you just roughly did for fun?

Hey, I just ran into something about Wall recently. Is anyone here aware that the fireball Wall fired in the sky was a Magic Confinement Fusion attack in chapter 472? In the end of Volume 55, it was explained that it was compared to an actual Magnetic Confinement Fusion aka Nuclear Fusion. Just that it is magic that holds the plasma. But either way, it still says Wall was creating a whole lot of energy. And the heat from that kind of fusion is around 150 million degrees celcius.

Not sure what you guys think about feats that come from the afterword of a volume.

Ah yes that

Brings me back to 3 years ago, that calc is pretty much impossible to quantify according to Don’tTalk himself, believe me, I have tried many times

Ah yes that

Brings me back to 3 years ago, that calc is pretty much impossible to quantify according to Don’tTalk himself, believe me, I have tried many times
Just wondering since I new, what does Don'tTalk himself mean?

Oh yeah thought I point this out as well because why not. I also found another claim during the Sun Village Arc that supports the 370 km Distance claim between Magnolia and Hargeon. Warrod says that the distance between his home and the Sun Village is about 1200 miles, which is roughly near 2000 km. That kinda supports the pixal measurement of Fiore. But dang, Fiore being a country really is the size of a continent, despite it being a small country of Ishgar.

Oh yeah thought I point this out as well because why not. I also found another claim during the Sun Village Arc that supports the 370 km Distance claim between Magnolia and Hargeon. Warrod says that the distance between his home and the Sun Village is about 1200 miles, which is roughly near 2000 km. That kinda supports the pixal measurement of Fiore. But dang, Fiore being a country really is the size of a continent, despite it being a small country of Ishgar.
Yes it does, the size is extremely consistent

Fiore is about the size of Russia, for comparison.

Back