• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu analytical prediction addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natsu should get analytical prediction via enhanced sense As during the tower of heaven arc during the battle between Natsu and Jellal we get a statement from Natsu saying that he is attempting to predict Jella’s movements via using all his senses at once due to being out sped and we actually see Natsu is indeed able to pinpoint Jellal’s position of his next attack. It’s just Natsu was unable to hit him due to Jellal increasing his speed at that very moment

So I think the fact that Natsu was abel to pinpoint Jellals position by predicting his movements I think it’s reasonable enough to give him analytical prediction

we also see Natsu along with Gajeel were able to memorize how Sting times his attacks, his posture for when he goes on defense, as well as his breathing patterns, and at what position he pivots his foot, which led to Natsu being able to predict their movements in order to counter Stings&Rouges attacks which he wasn’t able to due before (Link)(Link)

Last edited:
Agreed. Natsu also downloads Sting and Rogue’s movesets during GMG which let him and Gajeel predict what they were going to do.

Sting and Rouge aren't exactly the most seasoned or experienced of fighters. Natsu and Gajeel yeet on their levels of experience, telegraphing is also a thing that real fighters do, that's not really Analytical Prediction as opposed to it being an intelligence feat.

However the first feat of smell is valid since Tanjiro has it via smell as well but it should be grouped with his enhanced senses section. However I'd say "limited" Analytical Prediction rather than full blown as he isn't predicting several attacks before they even happen.

However the first feat of smell is valid since Tanjiro has it via smell as well but it should be grouped with his enhanced senses section. However I'd say "limited" Analytical Prediction rather than full blown as he isn't predicting several attacks before they even happen.
I’m fine with this

I agree with limited Analytical Prediction.

I can see the other feat being minor Information Analysis, or just being listed with Prediction, as breathing patterns and the exact position of the foot are a bit specific.
Otherwise, it can be added to the intelligence section.

Agree with minor Prediction for the main series Natsu.

100YQ Natsu should qualify for a normal level Analytical Prediction as he could dodge attacks from Aldoron that were to fast for him to see.
Link 1
After the defeat of Good Seed Doom Aldoron's power weakens and Natsu is able react to Aldoron's attacks but doesn't really know what's going on.
Link 2
Link 3
Several chapters later Natsu is able to see Aldoron's attacks again after he is weakened by the defeat of the remaining God Seeds
Link 4

Information Analysis should be fine for the String and Rogue feat, as things like the timing of attacks and defensive posture through quick memorization should qualify.

Dodging attacks too fast to see isn't Prediction, his feats against Aldoron shouldn't be considered as such unless there a direct statement of something be predicted.

Can't just look at something and call it Prediction, that needs to be heavily implied or outright stated to be accepted as Analytical Prediction. Also Aldoron's attacks are gonna slow down as they travel further,
Agree with minor Prediction for the main series Natsu.

100YQ Natsu should qualify for a normal level Analytical Prediction as he could dodge attacks from Aldoron that were to fast for him to see.
Link 1
After the defeat of Good Seed Doom Aldoron's power weakens and Natsu is able react to Aldoron's attacks but doesn't really know what's going on.
Link 2
Link 3
Several chapters later Natsu is able to see Aldoron's attacks again after he is weakened by the defeat of the remaining God Seeds
Aldoron got weakened, not a feat of Prediction for Natsu.
Link 4

Information Analysis should be fine for the String and Rogue feat, as things like the timing of attacks and defensive posture through quick memorization should qualify.
Disagree with that as well, that's more akin to a minor form of Information Analysis if you can even call it that due to Sting and Rouge being unexperienced fighters unlike Natsu and Gajeel.

Anyway will reply after my eye doctor appointment.

Dodging attacks too fast to see isn't Prediction, his feats against Aldoron shouldn't be considered as such unless there a direct statement of something be predicted.
Its agreed in this thread that he can predict with his other senses, so it isn't a presumption on my part for the ability as its just a better feat of an ability that he already possess or will posses after the crt.
Can't just look at something and call it Prediction, that needs to be heavily implied or outright stated to be accepted as Analytical Prediction.
Its outright shown that what Natsu is doing is predicting attacks as Natsu anticipated where Aldoron was going to attack and was able to dodge it with the third scan I posted.
Also Aldoron's attacks are gonna slow down as they travel further,
These characters are moving at relativistic speed's wind resistance isn't going to slow it down at all here.
Aldoron got weakened, not a feat of Prediction for Natsu.
Natsu could dodge Aldoron's attacks even before he regained the ability to see the attacks as a posted in the 2nd and 3rd scans.
Disagree with that as well, that's more akin to a minor form of Information Analysis if you can even call it that due to Sting and Rouge being unexperienced fighters unlike Natsu and Gajeel.

Anyway will reply after my eye doctor appointment.
I don't see how Experience has anything to do with what Natsu and Gajeel are capable of. Skill is what matters here. Sting and Rogue are very capable fighters as Jienma wouldn't have let them into his guild otherwise. They are able to take down entire Dark Guilds by themselves with absolute ease. They are even able to hold their own against Mard Geer for a significant period of time despite being at a stat disadvantage. And before anyone says it just because Sting and Rogue become far more powerful than their GMG selves by the Tartaros arc, doesn't mean they had time to get more skilled as the time period between the GMGs and Tartaros is only a few days.

Its agreed in this thread that he can predict with his other senses, so it isn't a presumption on my part for the ability as its just a better feat of an ability that he already possess or will posses after the crt.
No, it is indeed an assumption on your end, Natsu has minor Prediction for his smell, and he's only getting it because the statement "attempting to predict!". The two feats aren't connected to one another, here we have a clear statement about Prediction while the other is random and left vague. Typically with forms of Prediction we're shown indications of Prediction happening, with intense lines and emphasis on the eyes with Kenbunshoku Prediction, Baki and Kengan characters also have very detailed emphasis on Prediction.

his Prediction is also smell based, and in those Aldoron scans he isn't using his smell in order to dodge, as there are no indications such as him whiffing or flaring his nostrils.
Its outright shown that what Natsu is doing is predicting attacks as Natsu anticipated where Aldoron was going to attack and was able to dodge it with the third scan I posted.
No, actually it isn't outright shown, that's definitely reaching. A weakened Aldoron attacked Natsu, to which he avoid by rolling to the side. Again, pretty common, if a projectile is moving towards you at a linear fashion the most simple way to avoid it would be side stepping.
These characters are moving at relativistic speed's wind resistance isn't going to slow it down at all here.
That's not how it works first of all, them going at Rel speeds is irrelevant as they'd still be slowed down the further attack travels, that's how physics works. Also Aldoron got weakened and slowed as a consequence of losing his God Seeds, Natsu dodging his attacks at this point in time should be able to react to his attacks.
Natsu could dodge Aldoron's attacks even before he regained the ability to see the attacks as a posted in the 2nd and 3rd scans.
You have the time frame confused, Natsu in the 2nd and 3rd scans only reacted due Aldoron's Magic Power being weakened. It's outright stated by Natsu to be the case, Occam's Razor would suggest the reason why Natsu could react would be due to Aldoron being weakened.
I don't see how Experience has anything to do with what Natsu and Gajeel are capable of. Skill is what matters here.
Skill is directly stemmed to the amount of experience one has, Sting and Rogue don't have the same experience in combat as Natsu and Gajeel do.
Sting and Rogue are very capable fighters as Jienma wouldn't have let them into his guild otherwise. They are able to take down entire Dark Guilds by themselves with absolute ease. They are even able to hold their own against Mard Geer for a significant period of time despite being at a stat disadvantage.
This point means nothing, as both are incredibly vague feats. There's nothing to suggest that a certain amount of expertise in hand to hand combat or marital skills is needed to join a Guild. Plenty of people who aren't gifted in close quarters combat are in the guild. As for Sting and Rogue being able to take down Dark Guilds is something attributed to AP and speed, again they aren't soloing the Guilds via pure skill. And fortunately for us Mard Geer isn't a marital artist or a swordman nor does he posses insane skill feats. Hell he isn't even implied to excell at close quarters combat.
And before anyone says it just because Sting and Rogue become far more powerful than their GMG selves by the Tartaros arc, doesn't mean they had time to get more skilled as the time period between the GMGs and Tartaros is only a few days.
And? This is a moot point, they got stronger and that's it.

Well that's fast, 2 Staff agree with Limited Analytical Prediction

I'll apply this and close the thread, we getting a bunch of these CRT's done fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back