• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Even More Small Fairy Tail CRT's: Resistance to Sealing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that really sealing? Trapping someone in a crystal, which are known to fracture easily fracture and be on the fragile side due to the material they're composed off being on the fragile side doesn't seem like a resistance to sealing to me at least.

Edit: Yeah this is strength, not resistance. "Voices gave us strength!' and well we know how emotions in FT work.

Is that really sealing? Trapping someone in a crystal, which are known to fracture easily fracture and be on the fragile side due to the material they're composed off being on the fragile side doesn't seem like a resistance to sealing to me at least.

Edit: Yeah this is strength, not resistance. "Voices gave us strength!' and well we know how emotions in FT work.
Acno says that the Dragon Slayers will be a permanent fixture within the space between time. Given the DS all have life spans, need sustancence, air, etc. which they obviously can't get while encased in crystal they would have to be sealed for his statement to make any logic sense.

Sealing is also described on the site to be "The ability to place or seal one or more objects into another object"

That's exactly what Acnologia does, he seals the Dragon Slayers in crystal pillars

They're sealed in tangible matter, you can break out of it via AP, they aren't being sealed off into another dimension or sealed in an object such as a cube. But with the statement I'm with with a limited due to it only applying to selling via physical means or alternatively explain Acnologia's sealing better in the profile.

They're sealed in tangible matter, you can break out of it via AP, they aren't being sealed off into another dimension or sealed in an object such as a cube. But with the statement I'm with with a limited due to it only applying to selling via physical means or alternatively explain Acnologia's sealing better in the profile.
Sealing a physical object in a container is Sealing according to the ability page

Limited isn't needed when you can break out of a seal, that's just flat out resistance to Sealing

The Mufuba only seals you in a rice cooker which is a solid material and that's considered the standard form of sealing by the Wiki, I don't see anything different between that and this.

The Mufuba only seals you in a rice cooker which is a solid material and that's considered the standard form of sealing by the Wiki, I don't see anything different between that and this.
The Mafuba does so via changing the mass of the opponent, forcing them to fit into objects much smaller than the body itself. The Mafuba also visibly shows the victim being turning into some torrent of energy.

I don't see what's Limited here, Acnologia traps opponents in an object, that's just flat out sealing by the Wiki's Definition of abilities

Resistance isn't immunity, it just means Natsu and co resist this kind of Sealing, by your logic literally every single ability on the site needs "Limited" because not every single type of ability can do everything that ability can

Because it's something solid they're trapped in, they can break out via AP and strength as per Sting's statement. They break out via breaking the crystal.

Because it's something solid they're trapped in, they can break out via AP and strength as per Sting's statement. They break out via breaking the crystal.
Madara has Resistance to Sealing for doing the same exact thing as the Dragon Slayers

Someone tries to seal him in a trap and he breaks out by shattering the container

So yes, the Dragon Slayers still get Resistance to Sealing

Would be hypocritical of me not to accept it seeing as Madara basically does the same feat and is sealed in “magical” sand (even worse than crystals).

I’m more convinced this is resistance to sealing than just a pure AP thing not to mention it would be pointless for Acnologia to seal them in normal crystals than can be easily broken up by AP considering how high their AP is.

I'm not sure, as Gin said, they're being trapped into crystals, it similar to characters being frozen solid, covered in rocks, tied by vines and so on, all stuff from which you can break through with sheer ap.

As what Acnologia did might somewhat count as a strange form of sealing, what the Dragon Slayers have done wasn't related to a specific ability or resistance, they just powered through the crystal by sheer force alone, as all of them got an emotion boost.

Like, anyone as strong or stronger than them would be able to achieve the same thing.

I'm not sure, as Gin said, they're being trapped into crystals, it similar to characters being frozen solid, covered in rocks, tied by vines and so on, all stuff from which you can break through with sheer ap.

As what Acnologia did might somewhat count as a strange form of sealing, what the Dragon Slayers have done wasn't related to a specific ability or resistance, they just powered through the crystal by sheer force alone, as all of them got an emotion boost.

Like, anyone as strong or stronger than them would be able to achieve the same thing.
Once again, Madara got Resistance to Sealing for doing the same thing

It should at least be noted that his sealing doesn't work against comparable characters since weaker characters can still break out. It's still a resistance since they escaped but it also needs to be mentioned that since it's a crystal material that characters can break out of it via sheer strength since crystals have a very low fragmentation point.

They still got trapped by the crystal to begin with since they got spanwed inside and then later broke out of it. Natsu visibly flares up his aura in them to break out, this seems more like a counter-meassure as opposed to an innate resistance to sealing.

I mean, if they get it than literally anyone who scales to or above them should get it, even Acnologia himself.

That's something you can write on literally every profile, physical imprisonment is incredibly generic and it's just related to AP and Lifting Strength.

Except it isn't as simple as being trapped in a Crystal
Acno says that the Dragon Slayers will be a permanent fixture within the space between time. Given the DS all have life spans, need sustancence, air, etc. which they obviously can't get while encased in crystal they would have to be sealed for his statement to make any logic sense.
Acno makes it very clear that the Dragon Slayers would be stuck there permanently, so the things I mentioned above would have to be explained. The most logical explanation is that Acno sealed them in the crystals, they resist the affect of the sealing, then used their AP to break free. It isn't so much as the sealing effect that they are breaking with their AP just the physical confinement as in the OPs scan they are quite clearly unconscious beforehand and then regained consciousness once the sealing effect is broken

It has been awhile since I watched Fairy Tail, and I never reached this point in the story. From what I seen, Natsu was being encased in crystal, stated that he could not move the arm that was encased, and then his fire manifested within the crystal and was then released destroying the crystal.

The others also broke free with the power of friendship, though I think that is 1 for 1 to AP in Fairy Tail.

Acno makes it very clear that the Dragon Slayers would be stuck there permanently, so the things I mentioned above would have to be explained. The most logical explanation is that Acno sealed them in the crystals, they resist the affect of the sealing, then used their AP to break free. It isn't so much as the sealing effect that they are breaking with their AP just the physical confinement as in the OPs scan they are quite clearly unconscious beforehand and then regained consciousness once the sealing effect is broken
It's not the most logical thing to assume that they both resist being put asleep by the sealing on their own but needed ap to just break free from it, all of that off screen. We see them being trapped and unconscious, yes, but then they receive a power boost from hearing the voices of their friends and then they power through the crystal.

If we really want to focus on them waking up, then it becomes resistance to sleep manipulation or something, but it's still related to ap, as they needed a power boost, and at that point it looks more like a weakness of Acnologia's sealing.

And don't forget that this shouldn't be limited to them, even Acnologia, the Dragon Gods, Erza, Zeref, the members of Diabolos and everyone who scales to them gets the same thing, as it all comes down to having enough ap to overcome the ability.

I still don't think it should be a thing at all, anyway.

Explaining why they wouldn't suffocate or such isn't required, maybe it's a property or the space between time or of that specific type of crystal, but it's totally unrelated to the topic.

Last edited:
Saman made some solid points here, I suppose that Resistance to Sealing has been rejected and that Sealing should be removed from Acnologia as well

Saman made some good points. Sealing should be removed from Acnologia and resistance to it for the Dragon Slayers is rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back