• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Natsu Resistance Negation

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think we need to remove the damaging the book of END weakness in his other keys since the book of END was gone along with zeref btw i agree to this

Most of these examples are off Natsu's heat surpassing the resistance of others, not outright negation such as Madmole

And none of the above characters have immunities, just varying resistance which Natsu can overpower with temperature.

Also the Merc one isn't a feat for his resistance, Fire Magic in FT has an inherent weakness to water magic and Merc has a lot higher AP than Base Natsu.

Disagree with the addition.

Resistance Negation is the ability to remove an opponent's ability to resist certain effects, allowing the user to then affect them with those abilities. In extreme cases, this ability can even override apparent immunity. Simply overwhelming with hax stronger than what they can resist normally doesn't qualify.

overwhelming a resistance via stronger abilities than they resist doesn't qualify, Natsu isn't removing their resistance just overpowering them via higher temperature.

Last edited:
Neutral but leaning towards disagreement,from what I see Natsu’s fire can overpower/bypass normal heat resistance instead of actually removing resistance(like fire at 1,000,000 degrees Celcius can overpower heat resistance that can protect from 100,000 degrees Celcius instead of negating resistance)

Also none of scan above is immunity

Most of these examples are off Natsu's heat surpassing the resistance of others, not outright negation such as Madmole

And none of the above characters have immunities, just varying resistance which Natsu can overpower with temperature.

Also the Merc one isn't a feat for his resistance, Fire Magic in FT has an inherent weakness to water magic and Merc has a lot higher AP than Base Natsu.

I agree with some of this, especially with the Merc and Madmole stuff.

However, Aldoron's statement about his leaves not being able to be burned is legitimate as he made a blanket resistance statement despite knowing who Igneel and Ignia both are and their flames. Natsu even confirms just that High temperatures aren't enough to burn Aldoron's attacks, but is able to do so anyways in DF.

My proposal is that only DF 100 years Quest Natsu should receive this addition

Resistance Negation is the ability to remove an opponent's ability to resist certain effects, allowing the user to then affect them with those abilities. In extreme cases, this ability can even override apparent immunity. Simply overwhelming with hax stronger than what they can resist normally doesn't qualify.

overwhelming a resistance via stronger abilities than they resist doesn't qualify, Natsu isn't removing their resistance just overpowering them via higher temperature.
Hmmm, that actually makes sense

Guess it wouldn’t be Resistance Negation then

And he isn't resistant to flames on the level of Ignia or Natsu's upper end feats, Aldoron was getting burnt as Natsu entered his DF and he even outright states "I just gotta turn the temperature up." meaning he overpowers the resistance via temperature. Also Aldoron shat his pants upon realizing that Natsu's flames were the same as Ignia's, so he clearly isn't resistant to Ignia's flames or Natsu's upper end temperatures.

Natsu is the same dude who can burn time and shit with his upper end fire, Aldoron's resistance obviously isn't going to compare to something like that. At best it scales above Natsu's sand vape feat, which is far from Natsu's highest showing.

And he isn't resistant to flames on the level of Ignia or Natsu's upper end feats, Aldoron was getting burnt as Natsu entered his DF and he even outright states "I just gotta turn the temperature up." meaning he overpowers the resistance via temperature. Also Aldoron shat his pants upon realizing that Natsu's flames were the same as Ignia's, so he clearly isn't resistant to Ignia's flames or Natsu's upper end temperatures.
That statement itself is weird as Natsu immediately contradicts himself next sentence by saying "But there are some things you can't burn with high temperatures", perhaps it has something to do with a translation issue, idrk?

Regardless, I think LordGinSama have proven that this wouldn’t be Resistance Negation, I will close this CRT unless anyone else has anything to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back