• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

I was under the opposite impression actually lmao, how does this chapter prove that the dragon gods are at minimum War Arc Acno? This chapter didn't change anything in terms of what Ignia knew about Igneel vs Acnologia. We were already informed that Ignia knew that Acno had beaten Igneel, if anything this chapter proved that Acnologia is still the strongest as Ignia himself called Igneel the strongest dragon. You know, the same dragon that Acno killed twice. And if Mitch is correct about Elefseria's statement being "equal to Acnologia" and not "at least as strong as Acnologia," then that's even more proof that Acno>DGs as his element being magic will always give him the win against them. Replace Acno with one of the dragon gods in this latest chapter and the fight would've been very different. He could either tank their attacks with much greater ease than they did OR he can straight up eat them and power up.

Do you want to continue the CaV, and if yes, do you want to include the latest chapter? I really don't see how this chapter helps your points at all. :/
1. Too tired from lack of sleep and school and work to argue against this right now so whatever

2. Let wait at least one more chapter cause I hope to god Mashima didn't just toss aside Selene just like that after all her hype.....then again......what he did with Fairy Heart Zeref and ROST Acnologia

Selene also noticed the spell too, but was unfamiliar with it So caught off guard, though this puts Natsu’s powers into question, is he like Erza’s flame pants now?

Seeing Laxus get folded was so satisfying

Hard agree

Even Acnologia hadn't trashed him that badly to my recollection

He's one of my favorite characters in the verse but seeing the S class get humbled again like that was satisfying as ****

Now if only the same happened to Erza during her fight with Misaki

Instead of another stupid zenkai boost again

Selene also noticed the spell too, but was unfamiliar with it So caught off guard, though this puts Natsu’s powers into question, is he like Erza’s flame pants now?
Natsu is shown to be able sense the nature of magic he has never seen before as seen when he could sense that his Fire magic wouldn’t work against Yuka’s wave magic

so it makes sense as to why he knew not to try to counter the attack via magic

My top 10 strongest X784 characters ( not counting true god tiers like Acnologia, Zeref and Mavis )

Also not in order cause lazy-

1. Hades
2. Bluenote
3. Gildarts
4. Natsu ( with DF and LFDM )
5. Laxus
6. Mystogan
7. Makarov
8. Jellal
9. Zero
10. Erza or Gray

^Am I missing anyone? 🤔

Hard agree

Even Acnologia hadn't trashed him that badly to my recollection

He's one of my favorite characters in the verse but seeing the S class get humbled again like that was satisfying as ****

Now if only the same happened to Erza during her fight with Misaki

Instead of another stupid zenkai boost again
Well hears to Laxus saddening getting zenkai too

Natsu is shown to be able sense the nature of magic he has never seen before as seen when he could sense that his Fire magic wouldn’t work against Yuka’s wave magic

so it makes sense as to why he knew not to try to counter the attack via magic
Sense nature? It is more instinctual than not, and yet he did not know when fire magic would not work on a fire dragon?

Sense nature? It is more instinctual than not, and yet he did not know when fire magic would not work on a fire dragon?
Well whatever you want to call it he is capable of sensing that his Fire magic wouldn’t work on Yuka’s wave magic

and this is likely the reason he knew not to try to counter Suzaku abyss spell with magic

I’m pretty sure that was more of a gag scene considering his bickering with Suzaku about learning water magic

and even if it wasn’t Natsu is known for charging in at opponents without thinking which is likely what happened with Ignia

Well whatever you want to call it he is capable of sensing that his Fire magic wouldn’t work on Yuka’s wave magic

and this is likely the reason he knew not to try to counter Suzaku abyss spell with magic

I’m pretty sure that was more of a gag scene considering his bickering with Suzaku about learning water magic

and even if it wasn’t Natsu is known for charging in at opponents without thinking which is likely what happened with Ignia
Well respectfully, he tried fighting with fire against his wave before and it didn’t work, why would his flames be any different after a few times in that particular Moment? Well his skill set is more about adapting his powers after previour rounds, akin to his fight with Jackal. gag usually makes sense if it’s the first time it happens, but he encountered Ignia the second time and attacked him with fire, charging in without thinking is not really in character most of the time when he is shown to be a strategist in battle, even charged at Jackal and when the latter attacked, the former reacted perfectly.

My top 10 strongest X784 characters ( not counting true god tiers like Acnologia, Zeref and Mavis )

Also not in order cause lazy-

1. Hades
2. Bluenote
3. Gildarts
4. Natsu ( with DF and LFDM )
5. Laxus
6. Mystogan
7. Makarov
8. Jellal
9. Zero
10. Erza or Gray

^Am I missing anyone? 🤔
What order would you put them in tho?

Well respectfully, he tried fighting with fire against his wave before and it didn’t work, why would his flames be any different after a few times in that particular Moment? Well his skill set is more about adapting his powers after previour rounds, akin to his fight with Jackal. gag usually makes sense if it’s the first time it happens, but he encountered Ignia the second time and attacked him with fire, charging in without thinking is not really in character most of the time when he is shown to be a strategist in battle, even charged at Jackal and when the latter attacked, the former reacted perfectly.
Well the first couple of times he attacked Yuka it looked like Yuka used a barrier or outright tanked it like Toby did

it wasn’t until Yuka launched an attack at Natsu that Natsu got that “weird feeling” that his Fire wouldn’t work

which is similar to Suzaku launching an attack at Natsu and him knowing not to counter with magic otherwise he would have been smashed to bits by his own
admission

Well the first time he attacked Ignia it looks like he went for a physical punch and not a fire attack

This time he was in a “war ready” state and just went in for the attack

Ya Natsu uses strategies and adapts in battle I ain’t saying that he always or only reacts off of instinct

but we can’t ignore the fact that there are plenty of instances of Natsu just rushing in without a plan like he did in this instance with Ignia

but in the end all this is just pointless back and forth at this point as we are now taking about how Natsu has fought throughout the entire series and his level of intelligence in the series

Well the first couple of times he attacked Yuka it looked like Yuka used a barrier or outright tanked it like Toby did

it wasn’t until Yuka launched an attack at Natsu that Natsu got that “weird feeling” that his Fire wouldn’t work

which is similar to Suzaku launching an attack at Natsu and him knowing not to counter with magic otherwise he would have been smashed to bits by his own
admission

Well the first time he attacked Ignia it looks like he went for a physical punch and not a fire attack

This time he was in a “war ready” state and just went in for the attack

Ya Natsu uses strategies and adapts in battle I ain’t saying that he always or only reacts off of instinct

but we can’t ignore the fact that there are plenty of instances of Natsu just rushing in without a plan like he did in this instance with Ignia

but in the end all this is just pointless back and forth at this point as we are now taking about how Natsu has fought throughout the entire series and his level of intelligence in the series
Even if one assumes that an attack is a barrier, after having your attacks negged, it is reasonable to still dodge knowing they won’t work in the future and come up with a different plan of attack. I would disagree with the similarities as Natsu said that it is all about the movements, that he could read them and said he Likes to rush head long, and he is adaptive too. Oh, my bad about the first time, but still, considering that his enemy is a fire dragon, he should figure out that fire magic would have less of an effect on him. Those times are usually when it is in a state of panic, like when he lost the first time to Suzaku after seeing Erza fall, a loss of moral is a blow to anyone’s psyche, especially one you admire, with Ignia, this is not really one of them, but let us agree to disagree, we have different thoughts and will express them, so let’s move on then.

What order would you put them in tho?

Probably -

1. Hades ( I believe Demon Eye Hades is the strongest character pre time skip by far not counting true god tiers )

2. Gildarts ( I think in power he is about on par with Tenrou LFDM Natsu but his Crash Hax lets him edge out High Diff )

3. Tenrou LFDM Natsu ( Stomped Base Hades with little difficulty and should be about comparable to X784 Gildarts in stats )

4. Laxus ( Matched Base Hades, knocking him around and bringing him to his knees even if he eventually lost, was compared to a serious X784 Gildarts )

5. Mystogan ( About on par with or slightly below Laxus in stats via narrative. Would put him above via hax but dude is near featless mostly relying on lore )

6. Bluenote ( Hade's Ace, fought & matched a serious X784 Gildarts with ease even before he unleashed his full power when he used his Black Hole Move )

7. Makarov ( Somewhat fought Base Hades even if overall weaker. My headcanon tbh that he was the Highest Ranking Wizard Saint outside Gods of Ishgar )

8. Jellal ( Above Zero cause he was mostly nerfed during TOH, Flame of Rebuke amped Natsu to beating Zero, not enough to say Laxus tier in X784 though )

9. Zero ( Stronger than Nerfed TOH Jellal due to matching a comparable or stronger DF than what Blueberry fought + EE with Genisis Zero be OP )

10. Erza or Gray

- Gray defeated Ultear who should should be the strongest member of the 7 Kin being their leader and all and being trusted by Hades to be the one to capture the "Sleeping Zeref" which she did with relative ease while holding back at that

or

- Erza, She was matching Base Azuma who should be below Ultear but didn't she somewhat match Tenrou Merged Azuma who should be above X784 Ultear? Yes she only beat him because of an emotion enchant but even before that wasn't she doing somewhat well with her Clear Cloth Armor?

So....thoughts? Agreements? Disagreements? What?

I don't think Suzaku's attack works the way you are saying. From the way it reads, it's not the case that the spell does more damage if the opponent is using magic. Natsu's defense technique relies on magic power and the more he uses the stronger it is. All Natsu is saying is that if he had spared any of his mp on a counter attack, he wouldn't have had enough to block the attack. And if he didn't block at all, he'd be in a similar state to what happened to Selene.
Eh possibly

essentially the attack does more damage if the opponents uses any magic power as a way to try counter his attack

So basically if confirmed, it’s like full counter. Deadly if more power you put in, but not effective if the user intentionally uses bad attacks.
I don't think Suzaku's attack works the way you are saying. From the way it reads, it's not the case that the spell does more damage if the opponent is using magic. Natsu's defense technique relies on magic power and the more he uses the stronger it is. All Natsu is saying is that if he had spared any of his mp on a counter attack, he wouldn't have had enough to block the attack. And if he didn't block at all, he'd be in a similar state to what happened to Selene.

And that same spell that could not oneshot Natsu who he himself could not break the wall, where did Suzaku theorized? Don’t recall him saying something like that.

and yet abyss did not defeat Natsu who he himself could not break the wall With his stronger move.
Hilariously bad argument when Natsu admitted that using even a bit of his magic power of FDK Scales to attack would've gotten him sliced to shreds

Probably -

1. Hades ( I believe Demon Eye Hades is the strongest character pre time skip by far not counting true god tiers )

2. Gildarts ( I think in power he is about on par with Tenrou LFDM Natsu but his Crash Hax lets him edge out High Diff )

3. Tenrou LFDM Natsu ( Stomped Base Hades with little difficulty and should be about comparable to X784 Gildarts in stats )

4. Laxus ( Matched Base Hades, knocking him around and bringing him to his knees even if he eventually lost, was compared to a serious X784 Gildarts )

5. Mystogan ( About on par with or slightly below Laxus in stats via narrative. Would put him above via hax but dude is near featless mostly relying on lore )

6. Bluenote ( Hade's Ace, fought & matched a serious X784 Gildarts with ease even before he unleashed his full power when he used his Black Hole Move )

7. Makarov ( Somewhat fought Base Hades even if overall weaker. My headcanon tbh that he was the Highest Ranking Wizard Saint outside Gods of Ishgar )

8. Jellal ( Above Zero cause he was mostly nerfed during TOH, Flame of Rebuke amped Natsu to beating Zero, not enough to say Laxus tier in X784 though )

9. Zero ( Stronger than Nerfed TOH Jellal due to matching a comparable or stronger DF than what Blueberry fought + EE with Genisis Zero be OP )

10. Erza or Gray

- Gray defeated Ultear who should should be the strongest member of the 7 Kin being their leader and all and being trusted by Hades to be the one to capture the "Sleeping Zeref" which she did with relative ease while holding back at that

or

- Erza, She was matching Base Azuma who should be below Ultear but didn't she somewhat match Tenrou Merged Azuma who should be above X784 Ultear? Yes she only beat him because of an emotion enchant but even before that wasn't she doing somewhat well with her Clear Cloth Armor?

So....thoughts? Agreements? Disagreements? What?
Hmmm … disagreements would be Makarov > Jellal > Zero. LFDM was compared to Etherion DF in power while Natsu says that Flame of Rebuke was like back in ToH so those three forms are comparable. Zero had the edge over DF Natsu while Jellal was getting pushed around so Zero > Jellal while Jellal could still fight against DF Natsu = LFDM so those guys would all go > Base Hades tier characters for me. Zero also has EE which bops pretty much everyone on the list besides Natsu. Devil Eye is definitely the strongest in terms of pure power.

In terms of raw power, I think it goes
  1. Devil Eye Hades
  2. Zero
  3. DF/LFDM Natsu
  4. Wizard Saint Jellal
  5. Gildarts
  6. Bluenote
  7. Laxus
  8. Mystogan (he and Laxus can swap around since Laxus thinks they are equal)
  9. Makarov
  10. Jose Porla (said to be equal to Makarov but Fairy Law GG
Honorable Mentions would be
  1. Erza (she doesn’t use SO until Nakagami so all of her prior feats in GMG scale to her Tenrou self like > Kagura > 91 Lyon > 84 Lyon = 84 Gray)
  2. Jura (Wizard Saint, handily beat Brain = the rest of the Seis sans Midnight despite a type disadvantage)
  3. Midnight (strongest outside of Zero, beat up amnesiac Jellal so he should sort of scale to his tier even if he is weaker)
  4. Knightwalker (equal to Scarlet)
  5. Ultear (strongest Kin, twice as strong as Natsu and only lost to Gray because his blood ice caught her off guard).
  6. Ichiya (MEN)
  7. Tenrou Azuma (had the power of FT so he should honestly go top 10 tbh right under Devil Eye Hades but I’m too lazy to change it)
Currently looking into some scaling rn which would honestly put Gajeel and the Kin in base > Makarov but I need to see how consistent it is and if any contradictions arise.

Hilariously bad argument when Natsu admitted that using even a bit of his magic power of FDK Scales to attack would've gotten him sliced to shreds
But scales are for defense, that is a contradiction. And no, he said nothing about scales, just about using offense spells

Last edited:
In 80 years. LoL
it_s_been_84_yeras-DMID1-5gvl1hy01-245x245.gif

Perhaps on Ignia's profile, for his Dragon Form key we can exchange the "stated to be equal to Selene" part for "Fought and overpowered Dragon From Selene".

You Ignia fans, I swear 😑
Dude, I'm not an Ignia fan, I just felt that'd be more accurate, although thinking about it maybe we should wait until the next chapter.

If I had to pick my favorite DG, it'd likely be Aldoron in terms of powers and Selene in terms of personality, with Mercphobia a close 2nd in both.

Also, I kind of hope that Elfseria's Law Dragon Slayer Magic is like the magic Freed uses but on Steroids.

Numerous Sources: "States their equal"

Their Direct Fight: "Shown to be equal"

Ignia: "Only takes out Selene when she's distracted"

Fans Conclusion: "Ignis is clearly stronger than her"

Mate what?
I didn't say he was stronger, I just said that he overpowered her, meaning that he beat her.

I swear, this wiki loves to associate "overpowered" with "stomped/easily defeated", when that's not what it means at all.

Back