• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

Weak sauce argument. His Fire Dragon Scales King gave him a massive amp in defense. And it was pretty obvious he just barely survived it to, considering he got heavily damaged.
Those scales are his own flames, same flames that could not break the labyrinth wall, barely survived? He was ready to fight Ignia when Suzaku was not attempting to fight.
Only because Natsu didn’t try to use magic to counter attack

he himself stated he would have been done for if he tried to use magic as a counter

Selene was in the process is using magic which is why she was defeated by his attack
if it was a spell apart from his own fire dragon slayer magic flames that would make sense, but they are still his flames, he just repurposed them, people talking about how Abyss is was makes him scale to human DG level because it was it’s own tier of attack but Did not even tried out against Ignia when he had his back turned, correction, Selene was caught off guard because it was a technique she was unfamiliar with as it was one that Suzaku created.

Did you miss Natsu punching with a normal iron fist? Or that FDK Scales is what blocked Abyss?
Normal Iron Fist? He used Demolition fist and didn’t even break the labyrinth wall, his scales are flames which would scale.

Those scales are his own flames, same flames that could not break the labyrinth wall, barely survived? He was ready to fight Ignia when Suzaku was not attempting to fight.

if it was a spell apart from his own fire dragon slayer magic flames that would make sense, but they are still his flames, he just repurposed them, people talking about how Abyss is was makes him scale to human DG level because it was it’s own tier of attack but Did not even tried out against Ignia when he had his back turned, correction, Selene was caught off guard because it was a technique she was unfamiliar with as it was one that Suzaku created.

Normal Iron Fist? He used Demolition fist and didn’t even break the labyrinth wall, his scales are flames which would scale.
The existence of Madmole, whose dura is prolly above his AP invalidates your entire argument. That spell seemed to specifically amp his defense. Also, Natsu wants to square up with everybody, this isn't a point.

What does it being a spell apart change??

Yea she was surprised by the fact that Suzaku altered Kurnugi’s attack

but that doesn’t change the fact that the spell does more damage if his target is in the process of using match based on Natsu’s statement

which Selene was in the process of using magic when she was hit

Where as Natsu wasn’t as he picked up how the spell worked at the last second before he was hit but by his own admission he would have been defeated if he had tried to use magic to counter

The existence of Madmole, whose dura is prolly above his AP invalidates your entire argument. That spell seemed to specifically amp his defense. Also, Natsu wants to square up with everybody, this isn't a point.
Madmole can use armor for attack too so it would likely still scales, that is personality, not physical state, which he is still in functioning condition Which he shows by still able to attack.
What does it being a spell apart change??

Yea she was surprised by the fact that Suzaku altered Kurnugi’s attack

but that doesn’t change the fact that the spell does more damage if his target is in the process of using match based on Natsu’s statement

which Selene was in the process of using magic when she was hit

Where as Natsu wasn’t as he picked up how the spell worked at the last second before he was hit but by his own admission he would have been defeated if he had tried to use magic to counter
that fundamentally, it is still his flames that he uses for his attacks, he just uses it for defense, which makes sense. It does actually, if you catch an opponent off guard, they would not have had time to dodge or defend. Not that it wasn’t intentional to lose so she can get close to their master. She lost because of her overconfidence, as we see her dodge his attacks casually before. And Suzaku was already charging for his abyss attack, and Natsu used an offensive spell directly and could get his defense in as well before Suzaku executed it.

Madmole can use armor for attack too so it would likely still scales, that is personality, not physical state, which he is still in functioning condition.

that fundamentally, it is still his flames that he uses for his attacks, he just uses it for defense, which makes sense. It does actually, if you catch an opponent off guard, they would not have had time to dodge or defend. Not that it wasn’t intentional to lose so she can get close to their master. As we see her dodge his attacks casually before. And Suzaku was already charging for his abyss attack, and Natsu used an offensive spell directly and could get his defense in as well before Suzaku executed it.
You missed the entire point. His defense is most likely above his attack, by how much doesn't matter because it's still higher. Not sure how personality has anything to do with it. He used a spell that specifically amped his defense, not that complicated. I'm not even sure everything else is even a coherent argument. He probably faster when using his abyss spell too, as she saw him charging it and still got hit. Your reaching to try and justify Suzaku not scaling to Selene when every we know is consistent.

You missed the entire point. His defense is most likely above his attack, by how much doesn't matter because it's still higher. Not sure how personality has anything to do with it. He used a spell that specifically amped his defense, not that complicated. I'm not even sure everything else is even a coherent argument.
That is not the point tho, he attacks physically practically all the time, that means that his own body would not suffer from the effects of his own armor that would harm him as well, thus withstanding his own damage output. The flames of his scales originate from his flames, he just repurposes them, that’s all, they still scale relatively. Again, Selene was caught off guard by an unfamiliar spell, and we see her dodging before as Suzaku had a hard time keeping up From a passive Selene.

that fundamentally, it is still his flames that he uses for his attacks, he just uses it for defense, which makes sense. It does actually, if you catch an opponent off guard, they would not have had time to dodge or defend. Not that it wasn’t intentional to lose so she can get close to their master. She lost because of her overconfidence, as we see her dodge his attacks casually before. And Suzaku was already charging for his abyss attack, and Natsu used an offensive spell directly and could get his defense in as well before Suzaku executed it.
Natsu didn’t use his flames to defend himself tho

Natsu stated he didn’t use any magic to defend himself against Suzaku’s attack
and If he did he would have been smashed to bits by that attack

Not using magic to defend one self is practicality looked at as being impossible as seen in the fight with Hades and Laxus

but yet we have seen it being done before

Again Selene being surprised by Suzaku altering Kurnugi’s attack doesn’t change how the spell works

The spell does more damage if his target was in the process of using magic which Selene was in the process of doing

if she didn’t use magic she would still have been damaged by the attack sure

but she would likely have been able to survive the attack just like Natsu

That is not the point tho, he attacks physically practically all the time, that means that his own body would not suffer from the effects of his own armor that would harm him as well, thus withstanding his own damage output. The flames of his scales originate from his flames, he just repurposes them, that’s all, they still scale relatively. Again, Selene was caught off guard by an unfamiliar spell, and we see her dodging before as Suzaku had a hard time keeping up From a passive Selene.
First off, Suzaku blitzed a passive Selene with a cheek scratch, she only gained the upper hand when getting serious, and Suzaku was still able to block attacks and not get KO'd. He then responded with the Abyss which one shot her. He also didn't use any flames to defend himself so that entire point is moot. Me calling out Madmole having higher dura then AP isn't relevant anymore because we know for a fact Natsu used a spell to amp his defense. My point was someone can amp they're defense to be higher than their offense.

Also, both Suzaku and Natsu survived both the heat that melted the walls, and the subsequent explosion that decimated a chunk of the labyrinth with little issue. Natsu got messed up by the Abyss, but was perfectly fine getting point blanked by an explosion that decimated a ton of walls.

Also, both Suzaku and Natsu survived both the heat that melted the walls, and the subsequent explosion that decimated a chunk of the labyrinth with little issue. Natsu got messed up by the Abyss, but was perfectly fine getting point blanked by an explosion that decimated a ton of walls.
And don't bring up Natsu's flame resistance, Suzaku survived that shit too.

Not using magic to defend one self is practicality looked at as being impossible as seen in the fight with Hades and Laxus

Again Selene being surprised by Suzaku altering Kurnugi’s attack doesn’t change how the spell works

The spell does more damage if his target was in the process of using magic which Selene was in the process of doing

Oh, so then he does scale without flame scales, wait how would adding more defense have him cut to pieces? Why does Laxus vs Hades matter? Laxus stated that it should be a FT that takes down Hades, so it was a mind set. It would alter the flow of battle, as comparing to Natsu’s fight, he did not rely on pré knowledge of a kurosugi’s Arsenal, where as Selene did, and that was her “downfall” and Natsu used and attack already when Suzaku was charging up, so either Selene was taking her time or Suzuka was. Selene would have likely dodged that attack if needed,
First off, Suzaku blitzed a passive Selene with a cheek scratch, she only gained the upper hand when getting serious, and Suzaku was still able to block attacks and not get KO'd. He then responded with the Abyss which one shot her. He also didn't use any flames to defend himself so that entire point is moot. Me calling out Madmole having higher dura then AP isn't relevant anymore because we know for a fact Natsu used a spell to amp his defense. My point was someone can amp they're defense to be higher than their offense.
Selene was more surprised as to the nature of Suzaku’s attack as if not paying any attention to the cut, so again, mindset kicks in. Serious as in higher than normal passive, he was getting blitzed despite perceiving them, again, Selene is cocky, and was caught off guard by an unfamiliar attack. Which would still make him scale still even without scales. From his flames which are still relative to his attacks, all that matter is where it originates from.

That only shows that Ignia was not paying any effort to either of them, that means the walls are more worthy of Ignia’s efforts. Suzaku said they can’t beat him, Natsu was hardly messed up, don’t know what you mean by that, he was launching attacks at Ignia, in vain as they were.

Ah this new chapter while more dissapointing than I hoped, did provide some more context for some shit

- Prime Igneel is now OFFICIALLY confirmed in canon to be the strongest Dragon ever bar Acnologia and Post Training Dragon Gods. Yes by feats he was such but for all we know there were more Dragons out there with comparable power so it's nice for that to be 100% established now

- More proof the Dragon Gods are at MINIMUM being compared to War Arc Acnologia, the strongest version of Acnologia Pre ROST since Ignia once again remarks he knows of the battle between Igneel and Acnologia and their strengths yet is still confident in kicking both their asses at that point

- Dragon Selene is a whole other beast from Human Selene indeed

- Glad to see Natsu still has some trauma from Igneel's death, honestly canon never resolved that shit for me during the war

King, He put more effort than just a basic sword slash as he already basic sword slash it before, and from the reaction, was likely not a scratch, that would imply it broke and Natsu said they can’t be broken. Selene was more surprised to see her son’s power by that reaction.

King, He put more effort than just a basic sword slash as he already basic sword slash it before, and from the reaction, was likely not a scratch, that would imply it broke and Natsu said they can’t be broken. Selene was more surprised to see her son’s power by that reaction.
It was basic sword strike that he put effort into that left a scratch in the wall of the labyrinth

In his battle with casual Selene he put effort into his basic sword strikes and he left a scratch on Selene

Ah this new chapter while more dissapointing than I hoped, did provide some more context for some shit

- Prime Igneel is now OFFICIALLY confirmed in canon to be the strongest Dragon ever bar Acnologia and Post Training Dragon Gods. Yes by feats he was such but for all we know there were more Dragons out there with comparable power so it's nice for that to be 100% established now

- More proof the Dragon Gods are at MINIMUM being compared to War Arc Acnologia, the strongest version of Acnologia Pre ROST since Ignia once again remarks he knows of the battle between Igneel and Acnologia and their strengths yet is still confident in kicking both their asses at that point

- Glad to see Natsu still has some trauma from Igneel's death, honestly canon never resolved that shit for me during the war
I liked the fight between the Dragon Gods, was nice to see an actual Dragon fight

Do wish it was longer tho and how I feel about what happened to Selene depends on what happens next

If she's dead for good, I'd be rather disappointed, but if she's just taking an L and will stay alive and continue to be an important character, I'll be fine with this

I don't see Hiro killing Selene so fast after she became the #3 most popular character in the last popularity poll

We know Elefseria could survive without a heart as a Dragon and that Dogramag did some weird shit with his heart, so there's lots of potential here

I also love that this showed Natsu has some real trauma and PTSD

I liked the fight between the Dragon Gods, was nice to see an actual Dragon fight

Do wish it was longer tho and how I feel about what happened to Selene depends on what happens next

If she's dead for good, I'd be rather disappointed, but if she's just taking an L and will stay alive and continue to be an important character, I'll be fine with this

I don't see Hiro killing Selene so fast after she became the #3 most popular character in the last popularity poll

We know Elefseria could survive without a heart as a Dragon and that Dogramag did some weird shit with his heart, so there's lots of potential here

I also love that this showed Natsu has some real trauma and PTSD

1. Hopefully Selene's down yet cause I want more, felt way too rushed ya know?

2. Agreed, if she dies that kills all the hype hiro's been building up around her

3. I still think Elesferia is a shady bastard

4. Nice, and yeah hopefully Mashima finally delves more into Natsu's psyche being affected by Ignee's death. I might even take an excuse like he was just pushing it down during the War to focus on beating Zeref and Acnologia then focused on training for the last year for the 100 YQ even Gildarts failed

It was basic sword strike that he put effort into that left a scratch in the wall of the labyrinth

In his battle with casual Selene he put effort into his basic sword strikes and he left a scratch on Selene
Again, scratching would imply breaking, and there is a difference between scratching and leaving a mark. And no, that was not a casual sword strike, and Selene appeared to be more surprised to see her son’s power.

4. Nice, and yeah hopefully Mashima finally delves more into Natsu's psyche being affected by Ignee's death. I might even take an excuse like he was just pushing it down during the War to focus on beating Zeref and Acnologia then focused on training for the last year for the 100 YQ even Gildarts failed
It makes total sense, he hasn't seen a Dragon vs Dragon fight since Igneel vs Acnologia, and while he has personally fought Dragons, Ignia smells and looks just like Igneel, so it makes sense why some deep rooted trauma could reveal itself. This is also consistent with how the last time Natsu saw Igneel in his Beta Heaven, he basically immediately started crying. It's very clear Natsu is extremely emotionally sensitive when it comes to his dad. Natsu is very emotionally sensitive to loss. He breaks down and cries constantly when he thinks he's lost someone. Igneel, Lucy, Gray, and Makarov. It's all very consistent.

I absolutely love this developement and I'm excited to see where it goes, I've heard some people speculate if this willl lead to another END awakening and I'm not really sure it would, but the potential of that would be amazing.

Again, scratching would imply breaking, and there is a difference between scratching and leaving a mark. And no, that was not a casual sword strike, and Selene appeared to be more surprised to see her son’s power.
When I said basic sword strikes I’m mean all his attacks besides his abyss sword art as that’s the only attack that truly damaged Selene

His other attacks are just rapid slash’s when compared to the abyss sword art which does increased damage if his target tries to to use magic as counter

So that’s what I mean when I said basic strikes

If U scratch something with enough force especially with a sharp object such as a sword it’s gonna leave a mark

And that’s what he left on the wall of the labyrinth

So euther way he was able to scratch a causal Selene and left a mark on her cheek

And he was able to scratch the walls of the labyrinth and left a mark on the wall

See the write up on Suzaku’s profile could simply be

“Somewhat fought and matched a causal Human form Selene, Left a mark on a casual Selene’s cheek ,Left a mark on the walls of the labyrinth of Dogramag”

When I said basic sword strikes I’m mean all his attacks besides his abyss sword art as that’s the only attack that truly damaged Selene

His other attacks are just rapid slash’s when compared to the abyss sword art which does increased damage if his target tries to to use magic as counter

So that’s what I mean when I said basic strikes

If U scratch something with enough force especially with a sharp object such as a sword it’s gonna leave a mark

And that’s what he left on the wall of the labyrinth

So euther way he was able to scratch a causal Selene and left a mark on her cheek

And he was able to scratch the walls of the labyrinth and left a mark on the wall
They are still magical regardless, That seems to be more of a mindset thing rather than an application because Natsu would not really be any weaker than a Human DG's durability unless his powers work like Fire Pants Erza which stats she trades all her defense for offense, as a way to counter. mark as in scorch marks, as it appears there is heat left from the failed cutting, even if it was, it would be infinitesimal compared to others that it is not even worth mentioning. again, Selene was surprised to see her son's power. left a scorch mark, comparable to Natsu's scorch mark left when he attempted to break the wall.

Considering that his statement would say different with how her attitude is much different than when he fought her, which strongly indicates that she was passive.
I agree, he already knows her strength in dragon form ever since she one shotted Georg, so it wouldn't make sense for him to say once again that she's different in power than from when she fought him. The only logical answer here is to say that his statement is about her attitude, which again is more proof that she let him win.

The air pressure of his sword strike scratched Selene, whereas the direct strike scratched the Labyrinth. Two very different scenarios.
Then u could simply put the air pressure from his sword strike left a mark on causal Selene’s cheek

along with the direct contact from his sword strike left a mark on walls of labyrinth

but as Mitch said the current justification is enough to show he scales to Selene

anything else would just be minimal supporting evidence

I was under the opposite impression actually lmao, how does this chapter prove that the dragon gods are at minimum War Arc Acno? This chapter didn't change anything in terms of what Ignia knew about Igneel vs Acnologia. We were already informed that Ignia knew that Acno had beaten Igneel, if anything this chapter proved that Acnologia is still the strongest as Ignia himself called Igneel the strongest dragon. You know, the same dragon that Acno killed twice. And if Mitch is correct about Elefseria's statement being "equal to Acnologia" and not "at least as strong as Acnologia," then that's even more proof that Acno>DGs as his element being magic will always give him the win against them. Replace Acno with one of the dragon gods in this latest chapter and the fight would've been very different. He could either tank their attacks with much greater ease than they did OR he can straight up eat them and power up.

Do you want to continue the CaV, and if yes, do you want to include the latest chapter? I really don't see how this chapter helps your points at all. :/

Last edited:
Then u could simply put the air pressure from his sword strike left a mark on causal Selene’s cheek

along with the direct contact from his sword strike left a mark on walls of labyrinth

but as Mitch said the current justification is enough to show he scales to Selene

anything else would just be minimal supporting evidence
He definitely scales to human Selene as he was able to hurt her, the point I was trying to make was

1) Direct attacks>>>air pressure

2) Selene let Suzaku win, but he's still able to damage her severely. I don't see what was stopping her from using dragon scales like Natsu did to block his attacks. If we're going to count FDK Scales as a human Natsu spell, then shouldn't Selene have that as well?

2) Selene let Suzaku win, but he's still able to damage her severely. I don't see what was stopping her from using dragon scales like Natsu did to block his attacks. If we're going to count FDK Scales as a human Natsu spell, then shouldn't Selene have that as well?
All dragons and dragons slayers should be able to use a form of “dragon scales” however only Natsu and Gajeel have shown this trait

dragons in their dragon forms already have scales and that’s how they resist non dragon slayer magic

but it’s not the fact that Natsu’s dragon scales outright blocked Suzaku’s abyss spell

it was the fact that Natsu blocked it but also noticed before being hit to not to try to counter the spell by using magic otherwise he would have been one shot by the abyss spell the same way Selene was

see Selene was in the process of using offensive magic when she was hit so she took more damage than Natsu did and was one shot

But she should be able to block the attacks the same way Natsu did if she had tried to block it

Back