• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

That's up there with 'Burn! Every last bit of me! Take all that I am and turn it to fire!' against Zeref for the coolest line in the show.
I think one of my favorite lines from Natsu is this:

"When we're all alone, it might be frightening to bear... But we're all right beside each other. We've got our friends close by! Now, there's nothing to fear, because we're not alone!"

I think one of my favorite lines from Natsu is this:

"When we're all alone, it might be frightening to bear... But we're all right beside each other. We've got our friends close by! Now, there's nothing to fear, because we're not alone!"
That was against Hades, right? That was the one good thing to come from that Natsu fear storyline

Dragon Cry had animation, what are you talking about? I do prefer Phoenix Priestess’s animation for sure, but Dragon Cry is great in it’s own right
Eh, asides from the solid animation when Natsu fought Animus and when Erza fought Swan, most of the fight animation was just like the final season's slideshow.

And if 100YQ is a f*cking slideshow because they think that the shitty Sword Art Online needs more money, I'm just not watching.

It was a stomp, Animus awoke the sleeping beast and got squashed. It was short and sweet, Natsu was feral and went for the kill. A bloodlusted Natsu is terrifying
Still was too short.

Most of the Fairy Tail fights IMO are too short, asides from some like Irene vs Erza, all the Tartaros Arc fights, some of the GMG ones, and the Eclipse Arc ones.

That's why One Piece fights are considered so much better.

Compare Natsu vs...anyone really to Luffy vs Katakuri.

Still was too short.

Most of the Fairy Tail fights IMO are too short, asides from some like Irene vs Erza, all the Tartaros Arc fights, some of the GMG ones, and the Eclipse Arc ones.

Luffy vs Katakuri was good, but just a poor man's Goku vs Frieza. The only reason it looked as good as it did was because of Shida's animation, OP manga choreography is bottom of the barrel compared to DB and Naruto. At least FT's manga makes attacks look and feel powerful.

Eh, asides from the solid animation when Natsu fought Animus and when Erza fought Swan, most of the fight animation was just like the final season's slideshow.

And if 100YQ is a f*cking slideshow because they think that the shitty Sword Art Online needs more money, I'm just not watching.
I mean the Final Season had some solid ass fights towards the end

Luffy vs Katakuri was good, but just a poor man's Goku vs Frieza. The only reason it looked as good as it did was because of Shida's animation, OP manga choreography is bottom of the barrel compared to DB and Naruto. At least FT's manga makes attacks look and feel powerful.
Ok that is true.
I mean the Final Season had some solid ass fights towards the end
Gildarts vs August was solid, Natsu vs Zeref was...not terrible (although Natsu yanked that plot transformation out of NOWHERE)...and that's it.

Bloodman fight was ok but WAY too short, Neinhart was actually good in his first showing but a waste in his 2nd appearance, Ajeel was good the first time but bad the 2nd, Jacob was good the first time but mediocre the 2nd time, God Serena was wasted, and the Acno fight had a HORRIBLE conclusion with Natsu one-shotting him when it should've been a long gritty fight to the death.

Still was too short.

Well Hiro is working with just as many characters are Oda is, but Oda dedicates every fight like bare minium 5 chapters, while Hiro grants like 1-2

Hiro moves fast, if he did fights the length that Oda does, FT would take twice as long, which Hiro doesn't want

That's just the way it is, I like One Piece and Fairy Tail fights overall on the same level. FT's artwork and character designs are better, but One Piece makes the fights longer. Both have about the same level of emotional weight behind them tho. I mean people tend to look towards the best One Piece fights and act like they're the only fights, but there's plenty of fights in One Piece that are pretty average and not entertaining

I mean Luffy vs Katakuri doesn't define One Piece
Agreed, but I wish it got a little more love. The only reason I don't despise the Alvarez arc was because of how cool shit looked in the manga. Even if the story was disappointing, shit looked clean
Well I agree it needed more love, I'm just trying to look at the glass half full, because I really do enjoy the last few fights and how the Anime greatly extended the final battle with Acnologia. As for the story, well I love Alvarez, so I don't agree that it was disappointing

Ok that is true.

Gildarts vs August was solid, Natsu vs Zeref was...not terrible (although Natsu yanked that plot transformation out of NOWHERE)...and that's it.

Bloodman fight was ok but WAY too short, Neinhart was actually good in his first showing but a waste in his 2nd appearance, Ajeel was good the first time but bad the 2nd, Jacob was good the first time but mediocre the 2nd time, God Serena was wasted, and the Acno fight had a HORRIBLE conclusion with Natsu one-shotting him when it should've been a long gritty fight to the death.
How is Natsu using Flames of Emotions, an established mechanic in the magic system since like Erigor, to beat Zeref, him pulling a transformation out of his ass?

That was against Hades, right? That was the one good thing to come from that Natsu fear storyline
Also since we're on the top of Natsu lines, I want to mention a line from Asta in Black Clover because Asta really reminds me of Natsu in a lot of ways and this sounds like something Natsu could say:

"Maybe you weren't chosen, maybe no one wanted you, and maybe you can't be forgiven, but you've still gotta stand your ground without making excuses for yourself!"

I think one of the reasons I like Natsu so much is his simplicity regarding combat.

The rest of team Natsu: uses well rounded and versatile magics that have a variety of uses in either combat or support roles

Natsu: haha continent go boom

Wendy can heal your wounds and boost your abilities, Erza and Gray are the definition of versatile, Lucy has a huge assortment of spirits and star dresses which each fulfill their own unique niches.

Natsu either says 'square the **** pussy you don't want the smoke' or just nukes your country, sometimes both

Also, didn't Strongest Armor Erza (in Black Wing Armor) hold her own against Jose?

I mean she definitely lost but she still clearly held her own, with Jose even saying that if she hadn't been damaged by Juptier she could've fought for even longer.

She's clearly far inferior, we are not scaling Strongest Armors Erza to 7-B
Oh she was definitely inferior, but Jose was still impressed by her performance (and keep in mind she was weakened from the Jupiter attack), and we know her Strongest Armors are far above her base (and her X784 Base is >= Base Natsu) and her strongest armors in 784 did one-shot Aria, who is above Juvia who is = to Base Gray who is = to base Natsu.

And her Clear Heart Clothing did somewhat hold its own against Jellal.

Last edited:
Well an heavily injured Heaven's Wheel Armor Erza one-shot Aria, the strongest of the Element 4, and then kinda fought Jose with Black Wing Armor

We know in terms of AP, Black Wing Armor>Heaven's Wheel Armor>Flame Empress Armor

Well an heavily injured Heaven's Wheel Armor Erza one-shot Aria, the strongest of the Element 4, and then kinda fought Jose with Black Wing Armor

We know in terms of AP, Black Wing Armor>Heaven's Wheel Armor>Flame Empress Armor
At worst, Strongest Armor and Clear Heart Erza could downscale to Baseline 7-B.

I mean, the fact that she held her own against Jellal with Clear Heart means that her S.A. and CHC being just below the X784 7-B's is consistent.

At worst, Strongest Armor and Clear Heart Erza could downscale to Baseline 7-B.

I mean, the fact that she held her own against Jellal with Clear Heart means that her S.A. and CHC being just below the X784 7-B's is consistent.
Jellal was heavily nerfed from Siegrain's existence, he couldn't even use Heavenly Body Magic

Jellal was heavily nerfed from Siegrain's existence, he couldn't even use Heavenly Body Magic
Oh, never mind then.

But the fact that a heavily weakened S.A. Erza one-shot someone >= Base Natsu and she later fought a 7-B is making me feel like she should be Baseline 7-B with Strongest Armors and CHC

Did 784x Base Natsu train at all? Cuz it's super lame if he was at the same average strength for like 100 episodes discounting dragon Force and other power ups

Did 784x Base Natsu train at all? Cuz it's super lame if he was at the same average strength for like 100 episodes discounting dragon Force and other power ups
In the Galuna Island Arc, Base Natsu manages to mid-diff fight and defeat an Ultear who's using a little less than half her power

In the Tenrous Island Arc, Base Natsu is having a lot of trouble against a full power Ultear

So yes, Base Natsu basically hardly got even 2x stronger from the beginning of the series to the end of X784

Around 1/3 Power Ultear<Base Natsu<=Full Power Ultear

In the Galuna Island Arc, Base Natsu manages to mid-diff fight and defeat an Ultear who's using a little less than half her power

In the Tenrous Island Arc, Base Natsu is having a lot of trouble against a full power Ultear

So yes, Base Natsu basically hardly got even 2x stronger from the beginning of the series to the end of X784

Around 1/3 Power Ultear<Base Natsu<=Full Power Ultear
Dude I love him but the series treated Natsu like a joke 90% of the time until like GMG

I get it, he's a gigachad now, but the series made it hard to believe in him.
I actually like it, Natsu isn't the strongest of the group initially, and yet his raw willpower and determinaton is still what pushes him to be the one to take on the big bads and actually causes those around him to trust in him more than anyone else

Happy even mentions this
2ArxVZC.jpg

Natsu's strength isn't about just magic power, it's about his sheer willpower and spirit, which we see ultimately defeat Zeref in the Final Battle

Back