• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

So Selene, who apparently saw Natsu fight Aldoron, still made the statement that Laxus is contender for the strongest. Does this mean anything because I've heard this used as an argument for Laxus being stronger than Natsu 'narratively'?
Third times the charm.

So Selene, who apparently saw Natsu fight Aldoron, still made the statement that Laxus is contender for the strongest. Does this mean anything because I've heard this used as an argument for Laxus being stronger than Natsu 'narratively'?
Third times the charm.
Selene never saw Laxus fight before. Laxus has had the title of “contender for the strongest in Fairy Tail” for a while, so it’s only natural that Selene comments on it.

Third times the charm.
Don't agree

And the "strongest in FT" statements for Laxus and Erza usually pertain to everyone outside of

- Gildarts ( obvious reasons )

- Natsu ( with Dragon Force and/or Emotion Amps )

made this
8407064-9637064691-68can.png

Kinda annoyed Wizard Rankings were never really explained outside S Class and Wizard Saints

Like what rank is everyone else?

There's the headcanon Natsu and Gray are "A Rank Mages" but we are never told

What about BOS Lucy? Was she average mage level? A prodigy for her age?

Weak?

Shit like this never gets answered

Thunder Triad aren't S Class pre time skip yet seemingly have power on that level

It's so confusing

Why for my fanfic here my wizard ranking system:

• D Class Mage
  • C Class Mage
  • B Class Mage
  • A Class Mage
  • S Class Mage
  • SS Class Mage/Wizard Saints
  • SSS Class Mage/Gods of Ishgar/Spriggans

And the true God tiers, only weaker than Mashmyre himself
SSSSS Class Mage/Bloodlusted Gildarts with Fairy Heart /Ultimate Fairy Dragon Goddess of Hell

Okay, but I've seen the argument the statement Selene made only applies to Laxus and Kirin. Like yeah, she has never seen Laxus fight, but she still says something even after watching Natsu fight Aldoron.

People have taken this argument and run with it, and I'm kinda stumped how to properly get across how it doesn't really justify saying Laxus is suddenly stronger than Natsu.

Mitch, any help?

Ultimate Celestial Fairy Heart Demon Dragon God King Supreme (Mitch) of the VSBW Universe
:ROFLMAO: I’m using this
Okay, but I've seen the argument the statement Selene made only applies to Laxus and Kirin. Like yeah, she has never seen Laxus fight, but she still says something even after watching Natsu fight Aldoron.

People have taken this argument and run with it, and I'm kinda stumped how to properly get across how it doesn't really justify saying Laxus is suddenly stronger than Natsu.

Mitch, any help?
As much as I don’t like it, it very much can imply that full power Laxus is relative to Dragon Force Natsu via Selene’s opinion, it’s just not 100% confirmation

I clearly think Natsu is stronger, but the fact that Selene considers Laxus a contender implies he’s probably relative to him

:ROFLMAO: I’m using this

As much as I don’t like it, it very much can imply that full power Laxus is relative to Dragon Force Natsu via Selene’s opinion, it’s just not 100% confirmation

I clearly think Natsu is stronger, but the fact that Selene considers Laxus a contender implies he’s probably relative to him
Yeah, but that only implies Laxus is comparable to Aldoron Arc DF Natsu. Natsu now is much stronger. And has Selene ever seen Laxus fight? She could be basing all of this off of learning that Kirin and the others are comparable to Suzaku. But that doesn't apply to Laxus cause he got folded by a barely serious Kirin.

Kinda annoyed Wizard Rankings were never really explained outside S Class and Wizard Saints

Like what rank is everyone else?

There's the headcanon Natsu and Gray are "A Rank Mages" but we are never told

What about BOS Lucy? Was she average mage level? A prodigy for her age?

Weak?

Shit like this never gets answered

Thunder Triad aren't S Class pre time skip yet seemingly have power on that level

It's so confusing

Why for my fanfic here my wizard ranking system:

• D Class Mage
  • C Class Mage
  • B Class Mage
  • A Class Mage
  • S Class Mage
  • SS Class Mage/Wizard Saints
  • SSS Class Mage/Gods of Ishgar/Spriggans
The Fairy Tail game, which Mashima supervised, pretty much confirms that this is the ranking system, based on the fact that there are job requests of D class, C class, B class, A class, S class, etc.

Back