• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

I actually like it, Natsu isn't the strongest of the group initially, and yet his raw willpower and determinaton is still what pushes him to be the one to take on the big bads and actually causes those around him to trust in him more than anyone else

Happy even mentions this
2ArxVZC.jpg

Natsu's strength isn't about just magic power, it's about his sheer willpower and spirit, which we see ultimately defeat Zeref in the Final Battle
Ah yes, the power of spite.

Dude I love him but the series treated Natsu like a joke 90% of the time until like GMG
sorry i don't speak Natsu slander

IMO this is being way to harsh on him, he's like the 5th strongest guild member even in x784 and has numerous hype statements from erza specifically. He doesn't need to be the strongest to be badass.

sorry i don't speak Natsu slander

IMO this is being way to harsh on him, he's like the 5th strongest guild member even in x784. Has numerous hype statements from erza specifically. He doesn't need to be the strongest to be badass.
Yeah but to me they were just platitudes. Erza says during Phantom he might even be stronger than her, and that's just straight up not true. We don't get base Natsu being stronger than base Erza until like the GMG games. I just wish he was taken a bit more seriously.

Natsu wasn't top 5, there was Gildarts, Master, Laxus, Mystogan, Erza, and soon Mira.

I'm not complaining too much, it's just I only ever found his will power and Dragon Force impressive. Otherwise, the show kept beating you over the head with the fact there were people stronger than him. Although it made it super satisfying when he eventually surpassed them.

It's not too big of an issue given where Natsu is now, but looking back on his past self, it felt pathetic that this guy trained by one of the strongest characters in the verse, welding a magic meant to kill dragons, was a scrub to people who just had their power handed to them

So do we know if 791x Natsu got stronger overtime?
It's never really implied, the only clear instance of WTF powerups is when he goes from being unable to even scratch Base Mard Geer with LFDM to somehow fighting his Etherious Form in Base

Yeah but to me they were just platitudes. Erza says during Phantom he might even be stronger than her, and that's just straight up not true. We don't get base Natsu being stronger than base Erza until like the GMG games. I just wish he was taken a bit more seriously.
When he's basically front and center in most of the major important fights in x784, I'd say he's taken seriously enough.
Natsu wasn't top 5, there was Gildarts, Master, Laxus, Mystogan, Erza, and soon Mira.
I'll be honest Mira's feats in x784 are kinda nonexistent tbh. A rage amped Mira defeats freed, loses to Elfman and evergreen via a gag scene, and loses to Azuma and that's about it. Base Natsu stopping a semi serious attack from Zero is better than anything Mira has down in x784, so personally, I'd put Natsu above Mira if Natsu fought her with the same mindset he's does with the final arc villains
I'm not complaining too much, it's just I only ever found his will power and Dragon Force impressive. Otherwise, the show kept beating you over the head with the fact there were people stronger than him. Although it made it super satisfying when he eventually surpassed them.
That's kind of the point tho, Natsu will fight literally anyone if it meant he could protect his friends. Like Mitch said his resolve is his greatest asset that allows him to stand against people he shouldn't have any chance against.
It's not too big of an issue given where Natsu is now, but looking back on his past self, it felt pathetic that this guy trained by one of the strongest characters in the verse, welding a magic meant to kill dragons, was a scrub to people who just had their power handed to them
tbf, Natsu was trained for like maybe a few years as a kid by Igneel, plus Igneel also wasn't the greatest teacher. Just being strong doesn't automatically mean you can share your knowledge and power well, this ain't dragon ball after all.

When he's basically front and center in most of the major important fights in x784, I'd say he's taken seriously enough.

I'll be honest Mira's feats in x784 are kinda nonexistent tbh. A rage amped Mira defeats freed, loses to Elfman and evergreen via a gag scene, and loses to Azuma and that's about it. Base Natsu stopping a semi serious attack from Zero is better than anything Mira has down in x784, so personally, I'd put Natsu above Mira if Natsu fought her with the same mindset he's does with the final arc villains

That's kind of the point tho, Natsu will fight literally anyone if it meant he could protect his friends. Like Mitch said his resolve is his greatest asset that allows him to stand against people he shouldn't have any chance against.

tbf, Natsu was trained for like maybe a few years as a kid by Igneel, plus Igneel also wasn't the greatest teacher. Just being strong doesn't automatically mean you can share your knowledge and power well, this ain't dragon ball after all.
I think that's my issue, I watched Fairy Tail right after Dragon Ball, so I came in expecting different shit.

Last edited:
Base Erza?

And how so?

Base Erza>=Base Natsu = Gajeel
For matching Flames of Emotion Natsu who was constantly implied to be equal to or stronger than Erza

1. Erza- "Unleash the power inside you that surpasses even me"

2. Lucy- "He's so stronger" Happy ( in one translation iirc ) - "Yeah I think he's even stronger than Erza now"

3. Jose- "Two wild dragons" Erza- "Natsu power rivals if not surpasses my own"

^Roughly that shit

I can agree

I always found it kind of annoying that

- Natsu was trained by the Strongest dragon ever ( not counting DG's and Acnologia )

- Strongest demon

- Younger brother of arguably the most powerful mage to walk Earthland

Yet was always made out to be a weak flaky bastard

I feel as though Cana was so underrated

They could have done so much more with her

Sure her magic isn't the most destructive

But it probably one of the most versatile we've seen

Plus she's Gildarts daughter and has been nominated numerous times for S Class

You would think her magic container would be comparable to at least the girls like Erza and Mira

Kinda hate how she only had her arc on Tenrou, one moment with the Magic Power Finder....then was pretty much pushed to the side except for funny moments with her dad whenever Gildarts was actually around

I can agree

I always found it kind of annoying that

- Natsu was trained by the Strongest dragon ever ( not counting DG's and Acnologia )

- Strongest demon

- Younger brother of arguably the most powerful mage to walk Earthland

Yet was always made out to be a weak flaky bastard
Tbf, two of those things aren't really things that can actively benefit him. They made a point how Igneel probably wasn't the best teacher, which is fair, but still, learning magic from him has to count for something.

Think of it this way, Natsu needed room to grow, and he was given plenty of room. Sure, just because he is in every main fight doesn't mean he is taken seriously, but come Alvarez, Natsu is stomping everyone left and right.

Even if the END storyline crashed and burned, it was awesome to see Natsu breeze through people that were giving S-class trouble. Alavrez Natsu ****** so hard because this is the first time he can dominate 9/10 encounters he comes across without any power ups.

I'm going to take the glass half full approach by looking at the monster Natsu is now. He is no longer some random kid with a chip on his shoulder looking to prove himself only to get slapped away like a fly. Natsu's the guy who beat ******* Zeref with no outside power ups.

So it was lame, sure, but now, Natsu on that sigma grind

Tbf, two of those things aren't really things that can actively benefit him. They made a point how Igneel probably wasn't the best teacher, which is fair, but still, learning magic from him has to count for something.

Think of it this way, Natsu needed room to grow, and he was given plenty of room. Sure, just because he is in every main fight doesn't mean he is taken seriously, but come Alvarez, Natsu is stomping everyone left and right.

Even if the END storyline crashed and burned, it was awesome to see Natsu breeze through people that were giving S-class trouble. Alavrez Natsu ****** so hard because this is the first time he can dominate 9/10 encounters he comes across without any power ups.

I'm going to take the glass half full approach by looking at the monster Natsu is now. He is no longer some random kid with a chip on his shoulder looking to prove himself only to get slapped away like a fly. Natsu's the guy who beat ******* Zeref with no outside power ups.

So it was lame, sure, but now, Natsu on that sigma grind
Fair

But still

I hate the fact the S Class and most of the guild always seem to kind if look down on him for some reason

Like....this is the same dude

Who can ONE SHOT people who can curbstomp them

Fair

But still

I hate the fact the S Class and most of the guild always seem to kind if look down on him for some reason

We've already mentioned that Natsu probably doesn't care about recognition or respect. He's obviously past using other people as his measuring stick, rightfully so because he's never really had any great role models. Mfer got infected with the Goku syndrome.

Natsu doesn't wanna surpass anyone but Natsu.

We've already mentioned that Natsu probably doesn't care about recognition or respect. He's obviously past using other people as his measuring stick, rightfully so because he's never really had any great role models. Mfer got infected with the Goku syndrome.

Natsu doesn't wanna surpass anyone but Natsu.
True

Why I think the fanfic

"Even the Dragon King has Feelings"

Really explained a lot of my frustrations with how Natsu is treated

Fair

But still

They don't "look down on him" that was just Laxus who was an asshat pre tenrou arc.

Gildarts is proud of Natsu's growth, Mira said that team Natsu was like the strongest team in Fairy tail which is the opposite of looking down on someone. Erza had so many statements of say that Natsu's potential is above her own.

They don't "look down on him" that was just Laxus who was an asshat pre tenrou arc.

Gildarts is proud of Natsu's growth, Mira said that team Natsu was like the strongest team in Fairy tail which is the opposite of looking down on someone. Erza had so many statements of say that Natsu's potential is above her own.
I think he meant the constant jabs at his intelligence and his simplistic way of looking at things. Gildarts is fine I guess, Mira's only saying that because Erza is one team Natsu, and Erza is a bit tricky, because saying 'Im proud of you' doesn't quite make up for the hitting and berating.

It's not Naruto levels of bad, and some fanfics overblow it, but every once in a while, someone says or does something genuinely mean and I'm like 'yo wtf'.

Last edited:
I think he meant the constant jabs at his intelligence and his simplistic way of looking at things. Gildarts is fine I guess, Mira's only saying that because Erza is one team Natsu, and Erza is a bit tricky, because saying 'Im proud of you' doesn't quite make up for the hitting
^yeah pretty much this

I don't mean they treat him like the spawn of satan or anything ( cough lucy betrayed fics cough )

but let's not act like they tend to treat him.....well, not as they should sometimes

With Alvarez, I always wondered if it's mediocre animation was because of time constraints. Look what happened with DBS as an example of what an anime looks like when you screw over production

With Alvarez, I always wondered if it's mediocre animation was because of time constraints. Look what happened with DBS as an example of what an anime looks like when you screw over production
Probably, once again SAO Season 3 came out like the exact same week, meaning that they were likely both in production at the same time

SAO Season 3 notably increased it's animation quality to moreso match the SAO Movie, so it's possible that's the reason FT is lacking solid animation is SAO

But since Season 2 of Fairy Tail also wasn't that well animated, it could just be that FT doesn't have the clout to be treated with good animation

Fairy Tail needs some big name animators to work on it. It had Yuya Takahashi on as supervisor a few times, (this is the guy who gave us Goku and Frieza vs Jiren and Vegeta vs Broly), but other than that, I haven't heard of any other names

Just read the 791x CRT that got rejected the other day and it had me curious, how does 791x LFDM Natsu scale to Laxus?

I know LFDM got weaker after it initial usage, but don't we have Base 791x Natsu scaling to 784x LFDM Natsu?

Just read the 791x CRT that got rejected the other day and it had me curious, how does 791x LFDM Natsu scale to Laxus?

I know LFDM got weaker after it initial usage, but don't we have Base 791x Natsu scaling to 784x LFDM Natsu?
X791 LFDM doesn’t scale to X791 Laxus

He scales far above X784 Laxus

Them losing the three months to train and the second origin shit was the stupidest story line. They took the easy route and it was beyond unsatisfying
It literally made zero difference, why are you so mad about it?

Base Natsu = Base Gajeel before 3 Month Training

Base Natsu = Base Gajeel after 3 Month Training

So even if they didn't get 2nd Origin, they would have been just as strong with the 3 Months of Training, so I don't see the issue

It literally makes 0 difference, it's not like Hiro was gonna show the 3 months of training anyways

2nd Origin re-introduced Jellal, Meredy, and Ultear, which is a W

So yeah, your complaint of it makes no sense because we lose and gain literally nothing if they had 3 months of off screen training, the end result is the same

It literally makes 0 difference, it's not like Hiro was gonna show the 3 months of training anyways

2nd Origin re-introduced Jellal, Meredy, and Ultear, which is a W

So yeah, your complaint of it makes no sense because we lose and gain literally nothing if they had 3 months of off screen training, the end result is the same
Again, your missing the point dude, knowing that strength was just handed to them is lame. It's a slap in the face to the people who did train. You can talk about what it introduced, but at the end of the day, that strength they got wasn't earned. And we're not being unreasonable for thinking that to be bad.

Again, your missing the point dude, knowing that strength was just handed to them is lame. It's a slap in the face to the people who did train. You can talk about what it introduced, but at the end of the day, that strength they got wasn't earned. And we're not being unreasonable for thinking that to be bad.
Like Goku said during the BoG movie, 'It's not the strength that's the issue, it's what it took to get it and what that means'.

People get handed strength in FT all the time...

Back