• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

You don't get thrown around, get your face dragged across the ground, get knocked unconscious momentarily, get your arm torn off by someone and then state they didn't challenge you.
Sorry, that's just how it goes, Zeref doesn't bullshit and stands no gain from lying, so yeah, Acnologia wasn't truly challenged by Igneel
The sounds just as much copium as your applying to Igneel's statement about still waking up. We also have no clue how their first fight went. Saying Igneel's statement is copium is hella headcanon, we have no evidence he is lying.
I mean the evidence is he got his ass beat before and after the 400 Year Gap
And doesn't like magic get created by something super natural flow something interacting with your soul or spirit, so if his soul was sapped or partially stolen, it might stand to reason he couldn't use magic as well as he could.
I mean the whole point he came to the future was to be stronger than 400 years ago and him coming out in Tartaros is specifically meant to be the right time

It's flat out stated ethernano levels are way higher than they were back 400 years ago, so Igneel was likely stronger

I'd be willing to say 400 Years ago Igneel and Tartaros Igneel are equal and practically equal to Acnologia as well, but this idea that he has a Prime State that is far stronger than his state in Tartaros is completely unsupported

Sorry, that's just how it goes, Zeref doesn't bullshit and stands no gain from lying, so yeah, Acnologia wasn't truly challenged by Igneel

I mean the evidence is he got his ass beat before and after the 400 Year Gap

I mean the whole point he came to the future was to be stronger than 400 years ago and him coming out in Tartaros is specifically meant to be the right time

It's flat out stated ethernano levels are way higher than they were back 400 years ago, so Igneel was likely stronger

I'd be willing to say 400 Years ago Igneel and Tartaros Igneel are equal and practically equal to Acnologia as well, but this idea that he has a Prime State that is far stronger than his state in Tartaros is completely unsupported
I'm not really making the argument about a hypothetical prime Igneel, I'm saying you applying copium to Igneel about him tiring out and waking up from a nap has no grounds. The fight speaks for itself, they both swap blows, then both go above the clouds where they fight seriously. That ends with Igneel straight up knocking Acno out for a few minutes. Then round 2 happens and Igneel basically states he is tiring and starts losing.

You basically said it yourself, if Acnologia is 100, a healthy Igneel is a 99

I'm not really making the argument about a hypothetical prime Igneel, I'm saying you applying copium to Igneel about him tiring out and waking up from a nap has no grounds. The fight speaks for itself, they both swap blows, then both go above the clouds where they fight seriously. That ends with Igneel straight up knocking Acno out for a few minutes. Then round 2 happens and Igneel basically states he is tiring and starts losing.

You basically said it yourself, if Acnologia is 100, a healthy Igneel is a 99
I can agree to that, but man, I really gotta ask Acnologia WTF he see's as a challenge?

Like what does Acnologia need to be truly challenged? Losing both arms?

Acnologia does laugh at Igneel and doesn't take him seriously, it's possible that he underestimated Igneel and was caught off guard

I can agree to that, but man, I really gotta ask Acnologia WTF he see's as a challenge?

Like what does Acnologia need to be truly challenged? Losing both arms?
Zeref made that statement, not Acnologia. And we can't ask either cuz their both ******* dead.

We got so much hype about Acno and he only has one prolonged fight in the entire series and that's when he get knocked out and maimed. The fight between him and Natsu should've been way longer.

We got so much hype about Acno and he only has one prolonged fight in the entire series and that's when he get knocked out and maimed. The fight between him and Natsu should've been way longer.
Yep, it's a shame we really never saw him go all out

At least the Anime fight was a spectacle

Prime Ingeel does equal 100YQ DF Natsu yeah, but this Natsu isn't way above FH Zeref, I have no idea where you got that from

Yes, Selene in general was stated to be stronger because she retains her Original Power, but that's not referring to her Human Form, the statement is referring to her Dragon Form, which is her Full Original Power. Just because Selene happens to be in her Human Form when Merc says she has her original power intact does mean at all that Weakened Aldoron<Human Form Selene. We had a CRT debunking this very flawed notion. What Merc is saying here is that Full Power Selene>Weakened Aldoron, he doesn't mean specifically Human Form Selene

Scaling way above Weakened Aldoron and Ignia's Power Natsu

Well it's said Igneel didn't truly challenge him, so yeah...

Nah he ain't man... People take this fight completely out of context, it's never stated or implied Igneel got weaker. The whole reason he went to the future in the first place is that he lost his soul to Acnologia, meaning Acnologia already negged his ass in this "Prime" state that flat out doesn't exist and because he needed to go to a time overflowing with Ethernano so the Dragons would be stronger.

All it's said is that Igneel used the last of his strength to fight Acnologia, that statement doesn't say he was weakened, it says that he used everything he had in him to take down Acnologia before he died. By the last of his strength, Metalicana is literally referring to how this is Igneel's last fight as he is going to die

Igneel saying he woke up from a long nap is just copium for him losing. This statement does not imply a massive weakening at all, and even then, we know Igneel = 100YQ DF Natsu, who is slightly above Weakened Aldoron, who I would say is still probably weaker than Pre-SBT Acnologia

1. Prime Igneel=100 YQ DF Natsu is literally accepted on his profile due to Aldoron's statement what u mean "Where I got that from?" 😂 and Current DF Natsu>>>Weakened GS Aldoron>>>FH Zeref

2. Hmm, Idk felt like it was talking about Human Selene ngl but let's just keep reading for now since it seems like either A. BDSK gonna get reconned. B. Ignia got jacked in secret and surpassed the whole "DG are equal limit"

3. Nah. DG even in their nerfed states should clap War Arc Acnologia by feats tbh

4. I think Benshapiro put it into good wording for me on that one

Zeref made that statement, not Acnologia. And we can't ask either cuz their both ******* dead.

Acnologia supposedly never going all out in the entire series ticked me off bruh

Like after all that hype.....

1. Prime Igneel=100 YQ DF Natsu is literally accepted on his profile due to Aldoron's statement what u mean "Where I got that from?" 😂 and Current DF Natsu>>>Weakened GS Aldoron>>>FH Zeref

2. Hmm, Idk felt like it was talking about Human Selene ngl but let's just keep reading for now since it seems like either A. BDSK gonna get reconned. B. Ignia got jacked in secret and surpassed the whole "DG are equal limit"

3. Nah. DG even in their nerfed states should clap War Arc Acnologia by feats tbh

4. I think Benshapiro put it into good wording for me on that one
Dude, dude, we worked it out. I hate it when my two sons fight.

Dude, dude, we worked it out.
plue-natsu.gif

Imma post chapter 1 of my FT AU here soon so I can get yall opinions ( and more viewers )

I plan on adding shit like

- More deaths ( seriously some characters should not have survived as long as they have I'm sorry )

- Some characters will get more focus/respect than they do in canon ( Cough Cana, Mirajane, Mystogan etc Cough )

- Some original arcs

etc

1. Prime Igneel=100 YQ DF Natsu is literally accepted on his profile due to Aldoron's statement what u mean "Where I got that from?" 😂
No I'm agreeing with that
Weakened GS Aldoron>>>FH Zeref
Where did you get this? Where did you get the idea that FH Zeref<Weakened Aldoron?
Hmm, Idk felt like it was talking about Human Selene ngl
I mean Selene is in her Human Form at the time, so I get the idea, but you just gotta pay attention to what Merc's saying, he's just saying she has her original power intact, which you and I both know would refer to her full power, being her Dragon Form

Then again if it's retconned that Selene only used like 1% of her power to increase the moon's size and fight Suzaku, I'd be so shocked
Weakened Aldoron lost to someone equal to Igneel, who lost to Tartaros Acnologia, so yes, War Arc Acnologia would be above the Weakened Dragon Gods

No I'm agreeing with that

Where did you get this? Where did you get the idea that FH Zeref<Weakened Aldoron?

I mean Selene is in her Human Form at the time, so I get the idea, but you just gotta pay attention to what Merc's saying, he's just saying she has her original power intact, which you and I both know would refer to her full power, being her Dragon Form

Then again if it's retconned that Selene only used like 1% of her power to increase the moon's size and fight Suzaku, I'd be so shocked

Weakened Aldoron lost to someone equal to Igneel, who lost to Tartaros Acnologia, so yes, War Arc Acnologia would be above the Weakened Dragon Gods
1. Ah

2. GS Aldoron>>>Ignia Form Natsu>>>Savage Dragon Fire Form Natsu>>>FH Zeref

3. Fair. Let's see what happens when Ignia vs Selene happens soon ( I'm hyped )

4. I mean, what makes you think Aldoron was referring to Tartoros Igneel? He hasn't seen Igneel in 4 centuries as far as we aware so most likely he is referring to Prime Igneel since that would be the last time he saw him before going into hiding from Acnologia

4. I mean, what makes you think Aldoron was referring to Tartoros Igneel? He hasn't seen Igneel in 4 centuries as far as we aware so most likely he is referring to Prime Igneel since that would be the last time he saw him before going into hiding from Acnologia
I've already explaied that there is no Prime Igneel, the Igneel that fought Acnologia would be the same power as 400 years ago

Igneel lost cuz he ran out of gas, he was too l o s t I n. T h e. S a u c e

Also, how dafuq do u have so many reaction pics ready?
1. No

a854ded80564b1ab02d1a69b97e9f574--dragon-slayer-fairytale.jpg

For real though I feel as though Igneel strength is consistently retconned tbh

- So Prime Igneel supposedly got clapped by Acno years ago low diff but Tartoros Igneel beats Acno unconscious and rips off his arm

- And in a interview Mashima says had Igneel been Prime he probably would have won iirc ( or at the very least gone either way )

- Then in 100 YQ Aldoron compares Prime Igneel power to the Natsu who beat him and that Aldoron would beat down pre time skip Acnologia

Does that make sense?

2. I just went to google images

Fun fact: Hiro has stated that his biggest influence for Fairy Tail was in fact Dragon Ball. Jesus Christ DB really did create modern shounen

Also for those who're interested, I don't really like Natsu x Erza that much, I just really could give 0 ***** about Jellal x Erza

Back