• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Extremely important information about our upcoming forum migration

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kuroiha

The new forum will initially be locked and invitation only.

After we open it up, we will require that all new members sign up to both the forum and the wiki, and link to their respective other account via their user profiles. We will also ask them to use the same usernames. This will be stated in the automatically generated welcome message to the wiki.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
So is we can no longer edit blogs either? I was hoping to save the code and such of some. Will the be saved in the move or...?
Nothing is happening to blogs. Editing blogs and profiles has been disabled to reduce staff workload.

Yes. Agnaa is correct. Only staff members can edit regular wiki pages at the moment.

However, in case there is a very important previously ongoing content revision thread, I can temporarily grant rollback rights to regular members to allow them to apply the agreed upon edits.

I don't think we know yet, there's a long process that has to happen first, Ant explained what still needs to be done above.

Antvasima said:
@Jason

No. First the forums will be backed up. Hopefully very soon. Then the backup archives will be sent to a programmer that helps us out. Then he will convert the information to a XenForo format. Then that will be sent to Community Hired. Then CH will install all of the discussion threads into the new forum. Then we will check that everything works properly, and set up the remaining appropriate settings. Then invitations will be sent out. And I will also have to check through the username invitation list along the way.

Yes, that is correct, but if there are important edits that need to be done, you can ask staff members to handle it, or if the edits are very important, and it is trusted experienced members, I can grant temporary rollback rights, so they can handle it themselves.

It's time? Nothing beyond this point will be recorded?

Well, I haven't been told that the backup has happened yet. All we know is that it will at least happen very soon, and that the partial wiki lockdown has been put into effect.

Antvasima said:
Yes, that is correct, but if there are important edits that need to be done, you can ask staff members to handle it, or if the edits are very important, and it is trusted experienced members, I can grant temporary rollback rights, so they can handle it themselves.
Rollback?

Rollback rights. Since that is a form of staff position, the members who have been granted that can still edit.

Agnaa said:
KingEzran said:
Alright, may someone please explain what's happening in simple terms? Preferably in a few sentences.
Fandom's turning forums into discussions.
So instead, we're copying the forums over to our own website.

While we're waiting for the copying to finish, we won't do any important threads (since they won't get copied over), and only staff will be able to edit pages (so new users won't take up staff time while they're focused on this process).
So if I don't do the Fandom Forums, I don't have much to worry about? Sweet. Thanks.

We will also send out invitation email messages to our members, so they can use the new forum with their current usernames.

See here for further information about how to get the email invitation: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3983211

I was just told that all of the 3 wiki forums have now been copied and sent to Community Hired, so nothing past this point will be transfered to the new forum.

In addition, I will soon be sent a list of 47 members who have been active the last 2 years, who do not have email addresses connected to their accounts, so we likely have to invite them manually via the private wiki chat function.

Probably not. My apologies. We might be able to invite you manually later via the wiki chat though.

Antvasima said:
Probably not. My apologies. We might be able to invite you manually later via the wiki chat though.
I have more than 100 editions. Only that I have only been active on this wiki for 21 Days. So... do I still have a chance to receive the invitation to the new forum?

Same, but my question is, is anyone gonna post a link to the new site here when the migration is done? So that people who don't get invited can still access and recreate their aaccount if they don't care too much about their current one?

Tekazemikauchi said:
Antvasima said:
I have more than 100 editions. Only that I have only been active on this wiki for 21 Days. So... do I still have a chance to receive the invitation to the new forum?
Yeah, I believe you are good.

The requirements are simple

100+ edits

has been active in the last 2 years. This means that you have done something here from 2018 to 2020. If you have edited in that time frame, you are good.

You need to allow email notifications, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back