• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Evidence for dreams being universes in Mario?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Mephistus/Super_Mario_Bros._Series_Cosmology

😉

Going from what I can see with the many worlds interpretations there's stuff starting from relatively the beginning with the SMB1 ending resetting to a parallel timeline according to the Japanese localized version of this guide which is originally in English (pages 110 & 111).

And that being supposedly possible to jump to a new timeline as many times as Mario keeps on playing and saving "alternate Peaches" since each "new" Peach says its a "new" quest, even at the end of the first iteration saving Peach in that different version of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Not entirely sure the whole all possibilities are alternate timelines since time travel apparently doesn't cause paradoxes for the verse, it seems like someone needs to actually time travel in order for a timeline to be made rather than jumping to a pre-existing one. There's the whole thing about seeing other gamers interactions too, providing support that these interactions would mean parallel universes exist in tandem.

And two Luigis in Galaxy (same as in JP version), which match up with how ScareScraper can happen.

1 ups also are another thing to add to the mix and they would influence # of dreams too if those are treated as potential clones, which even the Japanese version of Smash Bros treats it as in a trophy description.

I'm aware of the infinite space filled with dreams quote in Super Paper Mario that is identical in the Japanese version, but because the alien in question says it figuratively / flowery (hopes and dreams aren't physical stuff in actuality and metaphysical) I can see people's hesitation for even a possibly rating with it in mind for how dream worlds work.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Mephistus/Super_Mario_Bros._Series_Cosmology

😉

Going from what I can see with the many worlds interpretations there's stuff starting from relatively the beginning with the SMB1 ending resetting to a parallel timeline according to the Japanese localized version of this guide which is originally in English (pages 110 & 111).

And that being supposedly possible to jump to a new timeline as many times as Mario keeps on playing and saving "alternate Peaches" since each "new" Peach says its a "new" quest, even at the end of the first iteration saving Peach in that different version of the Mushroom Kingdom.

Not entirely sure the whole all possibilities are alternate timelines since time travel apparently doesn't cause paradoxes for the verse, it seems like someone needs to actually time travel in order for a timeline to be made rather than jumping to a pre-existing one. There's the whole thing about seeing other gamers interactions too, providing support that these interactions would mean parallel universes exist in tandem.

And two Luigis in Galaxy (same as in JP version), which match up with how ScareScraper can happen.

1 ups also are another thing to add to the mix and they would influence # of dreams too if those are treated as potential clones, which even the Japanese version of Smash Bros treats it as in a trophy description.

I'm aware of the infinite space filled with dreams quote in Super Paper Mario that is identical in the Japanese version, but because the alien in question says it figuratively / flowery (hopes and dreams aren't physical stuff in actuality and metaphysical) I can see people's hesitation for even a possibly rating with it in mind for how dream worlds work.
Spicy

😉

With this in mind tier 2-A Mario is very possible right ?

Just want to point out that this thread isn't really a cosmology thread, it's more of a clarification for the reasoning for dreams being universes in Mario.

(Before you ask, no I don't know why Mario cosmology being 2-A via paint was brought up earlier in the thread.)

Basically.
What about paint quantifies for 2A? I've heard concept manipulation for paint be brought up but never 2A. I'm interested because I'm looking into what Paper Mario's cosmology would qualify as just on its own, if you were to only utilize what's within Paper Mario itself.

What about paint quantifies for 2A? I've heard concept manipulation for paint be brought up but never 2A. I'm interested because I'm looking into what Paper Mario's cosmology would qualify as just on its own, if you were to only utilize what's within Paper Mario itself.
Do you count the english localization orrrr

Do you count the english localization orrrr
I think Japanese Localization should take priority when it comes to cosmology stuff (for most franchises if they're Japanese based, but especially Mario). If something only exists in the English version, and isn't in the Japanese at all, then it should really get tossed. That's an issue this franchise has had.

I'm still interested in hearing the argument regardless.

Looks like the image gallery was already applied By AStrange in another revision thread (Your revision is in another CRT..) so I guess it's not derailing atm. Here's some of the arguments

I believe the majority of what I can share scanwise is english only if you have questions; since translations of stuff post sticker star is unavailable. For the following I have crossed checked with the jp sources.

In short it's due to the paint making up infinite space in Super Paper Mario (& real things outside of the book) and pieces of paint having the ability to dream then assuming that there is a parallel dream cosmology that is physically real and existent on account of a parallel Wart existing and messing in dreams in Color Splash (something something paper versions of characters are a thing with Kamek remarking on the Paper Mario book being a parallel world) if you regard Paper Jam split or it going to the same dream cosmology if Paper Mario is the same person as regular Mario. There are quite a few instances of dream worlds being mentioned in the english localizations of Paper Mario games. I have my reservations with this argument but I think I wont bring it up until a formal CRT here is established because perhaps I'm missing info and I could supply better instances for the assumptions and evidences provided perhaps if I had time to research. That's my understanding at least.

The mention of Super Mario Bros 1 by Goombario would potentially add MWI arguments since that part of the timeline would be the same as you could recursively save alternate Peachs in places that are treated as alternate timelines (chinese version of an official guide that nintendo released for the game says so), but that's not something fleshed out and explained more by time travel in verse (and maybe the Paper version events of SMB1 aren't a perfect 1:1 for that....)

This can be locked now btw, changes were applied already...

Last edited:
parallel Wart existing and messing in dreams in Color Splash
For the record and although the dreams paper beings have should be real in all localizations, this occurrence isn't in the Japanese version of Color Splash and gets treated as the Toad just thinking he had a nightmare. Wart's mention is entirely removed. My mistake.

Last edited:
Back