• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everyone's Favorite Type of Thread (Nard Revision)

I’m pretty sure the same issues we take with its canonicity in the manga apply to the anime iirc. Since it still results in Naruto knowing of/meeting his mom and Bee before he meets them for the first time in the story. And it’s not like they rectify this in the anime either tmk. Like just because it’s animated doesn’t mean it has to be canon to every single piece of Naruto animation. Take dragon ball for example, all of their movies are alternate universe type scenarios.

"As stated before the LT (Limited Tsukuyomi) is called an experimental version of IT (Infinite Tsukuyomi) meaning that IT when casted upon the world is creating millions of physical alternative realities. The only argument against this is that IT is referred to as a genjutsu by the anime".
I've never gotten this argument at all, why does it matter if limited tsukuyomi is an experimental version of infinite tsukuyomi if its literally shown IT acts WAY different than LT? We are visually shown that IT doesn't transport you anywhere physically, but it puts your mind in a genjutsu, which has multiple statements of not actually being real and was a major plot point of the arc and something reiterated multiple times? These are completely separate jutsu with completely separate functions, Making "millions of realities" is just so blatantly wrong.

I’m pretty sure the same issues we take with its canonicity in the manga apply to the anime iirc. Since it still results in Naruto knowing of/meeting his mom and Bee before he meets them for the first time in the story. And it’s not like they rectify this in the anime either tmk. Like just because it’s animated doesn’t mean it has to be canon to every single piece of Naruto animation. Take dragon ball for example, all of their movies are alternate universe type scenarios.
Well iirc some movies on this site gets accepted as canon despite having some minor inaccuracies, it still has a kishimoto recommendation from the volume notes, a kishi one shot that's included in the box sets, references in Databooks, interviews of him talking extensively about it's creation , multiple illustrations and ofc the statement that OP listed about Kaguya's worlds being like genjutsu, I don't think there's any other way to explain that statement other than it being a reference to how RTN dimension taking them to a whole new world.

Given how Ikemoto talked about using the Boruto movie outline for it's manga leads me to think that movies that kishi was involved in (RtN, the last and boruto movie) are likely considered canon by them.

Well iirc some movies on this site gets accepted as canon despite having some minor inaccuracies, it still has a kishimoto recommendation from the volume notes, a kishi one shot that's included in the box sets, references in Databooks, interviews of him talking extensively about it's creation , multiple illustrations and ofc the statement that OP listed about Kaguya's worlds being like genjutsu, I don't think there's any other way to explain that statement other than it being a reference to how RTN dimension taking them to a whole new world.

Given how Ikemoto talked about using the Boruto movie outline for it's manga leads me to think that movies that kishi was involved in (RtN, the last and boruto movie) are likely considered canon by them.
It's clearly just something treated as separate, even from the anime, so does "anime canon" even work. In terms of trying to fit it in with canon events of the main storyline of the anime? I don't think so, it makes no sense.

It's clearly just something treated as separate
by whom? the source material acknowledges it's canonicity, the creators recommend it and published manga one shots about it that's sold with the source material itself, I don't see how it can get more emphasized to be main canon than this

by whom? the source material acknowledges it's canonicity, the creators recommend it and published manga one shots about it that's sold with the source material itself, I don't see how it can get more emphasized to be main canon than this
Why does recommending it and one shot mangas somehow make it canon to the storyline? Lmao are we just gonna ignore the weird contradictions, and time placements?

Why does recommending it and one shot mangas somehow make it canon to the storyline? Lmao are we just gonna ignore the weird contradictions, and time placements?
If it's created by him it's more likely to be canon than not as it wouldn't make sense to call the creator out and work hard on a movie, talk about putting his whole soul into it, do interviews for said movie, just for it to be non canon and having recommendations from the creator should straight up confirm canonicity by default unless there's evidence of it being treated as separate like you said, if there is no evidence for it being treated as separate then that point is null.

I don't think there's any contradictions aside from what arc stated and there's way more positives that incorporate it into canon like the kaguya world statement so minor inconsistencies like that should be overlooked, especially since the site accepts some movies as canon here without the writer's necessarily having worked on them but in universe acknowledgement helping their case, same thing here

I’m just going to address the first spoiler argument so we aren’t exchanging walls of text.

Your first argument claims that any jutsu that utilizes Yin-Yang release will be creating form/the physical from nothing, and you use the existence of CoAT to substantiate claim. My issue here is that you’re introducing a false equivalence with the abilities of CoAT and the theoretical capabilities of any Yin-Yang jutsu. Simply having the same constituents doesn’t entail that you’ll be able to do every single thing other objects of the same constituents will be able to do. And we see that is true throughout Naruto with a high preponderance, as there exists a plethora of jutsu “constructed” of the same chakra types that are capable of performing different tasks and possessing different abilities. As such, the onus falls on you to substantiate or prove that jutsu being constituted of the same chakra types that comprise CoAT would grant them the same ability of creation, which is a burden you have not fulfilled.

Regarding Izanagi, over half of your links are broken or blocked in the US, so if you could fix those by throwing them in proper Imgur links or whatever that’d be great. Until then I can’t exactly comment on the truthfulness behind your claims since I cannot view the scans you’re interpreting.
Arc and Deceived sentences be hurting my head

If it's created by him it's more likely to be canon than not as it wouldn't make sense to call the creator out and work hard on a movie, talk about putting his whole soul into it, do interviews for said movie, just for it to be non canon and having recommendations from the creator should straight up confirm canonicity by default unless there's evidence of it being treated as separate like you said, if there is no evidence for it being treated as separate then that point is null.

I don't think there's any contradictions aside from what arc stated and there's way more positives that incorporate it into canon like the kaguya world statement so minor inconsistencies like that should be overlooked, especially since the site accepts some movies as canon here without the writer's necessarily having worked on them but in universe acknowledgement helping their case, same thing here
"i dont think there are any contradictions besides the one that were already listed" lmao. Like somehow knowing kushina, and bee before he even met him, how this is right after the pain arc and the village is totally rebuilt even tho after pain it wasnt until the end of the series, how it has absolutely no time to take place in the original timeline AT ALL, it creates all sorts of contradictions that you'd have to just ignore so you can get your precious tier 2 upgrade. It can be non canon and the creator still recommend it lmfao. You can't just ignore the contradictions.

Back