• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Burning_Full_Fingers

VS Battles
Retired
How did this not get made sooner? The fight takes place in Edinburgh. It's morning. Like around 8.

Escanor: 1 (Delta3000)

Natsu: 2 (DocAnimeTheory, Superscharbe)

Inconclusive: 3 (WilliamShadow, Monarch Laciel, HalfAsianFan)

High 7-A versions. If it gets to late morning or noon, Natsu can use LFD. Speed is equalized. Who wins?

Natsu is at least 2x times faster so, you need to equalise the speed.

And it was never made cause it's inconclusive you see Natsu eats his flames and gets more powerful and has high restiance on flame(almost immune) on the other side Escanor can't eat them,but has huge resistance as well. So it's only physical brawl in which one side says Escanor other Natsu and it never ends!

Given that Escanor has higher lifting strength, class G+ to Natsu's class M, he is the physically stronger of the two and he should take this with mid to high difficulty.

^yes, because it's not actual sun and Escanor flames at max melt rock and cement just like Natsu's did and Natsu even vaporises sand so, he can definitely eat them.

FT thread are very where after upgrades.

@Half trust me it's at least better than all the recent Erza fights. And I really don't see y he couldn't eat the flames

The resistances these two have make each others flames rather ineffective. I mean the only benifit natsu gets from his magic here is being able to recharge and Escanor's magic only benifits him in the the fact that he will keep getting stronger til past noon.

What's wrong with Nanatsu no Taizai vs Fairy Tail? Nanatsu no Taizai reminded me of Fairy Tail when I watched the first episode.

Fair point, just wondering about that.

Either way I'd have to vote for Escanor very, very high-diff. One of the only things separating the two in terms of physical strength is Esca's lifting strength, as Delta said, but if anything can point out an advantage Natsu has I'll probably change my mind.

@Burning nothing wrong with them, just wondering where the wave of threads came from.

He has no advantage, like he is better in simple hand to hand since Escanor is actually using a weapon so his legs and well arms (for hand to hand)as combat are not that important. And lifting strength has 0 importance here lol unless Escanor throws something so big on Natsu that he can't destroy it.

@Delta agreed both resistances make this a straight up brawl, and iirc Escanor does have his axe so he has the reach advantage and better physical strength, but Natsu has experience dealing with characters with greater reach along with larger and more experienced fighters, so I can honestly see this going either way. Though Escanors power does have a time limit if they keep going on it can either be Escanor manages to hit his smaller and far more wily opponent enough times that he'll finally go down or Natsu simply outlasts him really it's a toss up in my opinion.

I've just thought of a way Escanor could win: He knocks Natsu to the ground and drops Rhitta on top of him, pinning Natsu to the ground then Escanor snaps Natsu's neck.

Okay.

Also, I'm not sure if I should count Delta's vote because he sited Lifting Strength which is not really useful for versus battles so I'll wait for him to clarify.

Delta3000 said:
I've just thought of a way Escanor could win: He knocks Natsu to the ground and drops Rhitta on top of him, pinning Natsu to the ground then Escanor snaps Natsu's neck.
Escanor just went full savage mode. Really doubt Natsu would allow that since he can just block his rhitta, I mean fire can't shatter it but it can hit and Natsu could as well hit his legs since he uses fire dragon talon and many others attacks as well.

@Delta if he can knock him to the ground without Natsu immediately springing back up (don't really see Natsu just letting himself stay down after being knocked off his feet especially when his opponent has a brutal looking FU axe)

I know lifting strength isn't that useful in battle but my point is Rhitta is too heavy for Natsu to lift making it hard for him to properly block (though he could still deflect), particularly Escanor's downward strikes where Natsu would be forced to take Rhitta's weight.

Also, correct me if i am wrong but, doesn't lifting strength effect a characters grip strength?

Delta3000 said:
Also, correct me if i am wrong but, doesn't lifting strength effect a characters grip strength?
Not really. To lift something a lot of your body's muscles are put into motion. Grip strength is force applied by the hand alone.

Also really doubt Escanor can trap Natsu with an axe like you say since axes don't have the proper form to do that. Even if he manages to do that, which is highly unlikely, and we theorize that Natsu can't lift Rhitta, Natsu will just destroy the ground below him and make room to move.

^doesnt change the fact Natsu can't lift it,plus even at that point Escanor's lifting strength is superior and it's only G+ so Meliodas is probably still the same G class.

Meliodas was unsealed when he dragged Rhitta in vampires of edingburgh since ve takes place a few years before Mel was sealed.

In fact he can only deflect it. And even if he was able to lift I think he would just hurt himself lol.

Natsu has also lightning based attacks. Not like it would change a lot, but actually he has something non-physical at his disposal apart from fire.

Given Rhitta's ability to absorb and release energy Escanor could soak up Natsu's magic and blast it back at him.

Still wouldn't change anything, both are borderline immune to their elements so it's still more likely than not that it'll end up being a straight up brawl

Back