• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Lightning flame dragon (mode). It gives Natsu lightning enhanced attacks and increaces his power by about 2X.

LFD instead of saying lighting flame dragon mode or fdkm instead of flame dragon King mode it's almost as iritating as when people write "character" from "arc"... Just write his tier for god's sake.

I prefer writing the versions. It's like telling me to write High 6-C for Naruto when he's currently at that level with two modes.

^yeah,but if someone doesn't know what is his tier during that arc? That why the tier should always be specified.

^yeah because for every profile it's specified their strength during the arc. Laguna island Erza. Now if you never watched the show, what heck are you supposed to do since there is nothing that tells it's first or last or third arc and the fact Erza is 8-A. Plus is it that hard to write instead of making someone read trough everything in order to figure out what the heck are you talking about. Anyway I probably shouldn't derail this anymore...

Escanor only has a resistance to fire whereas Natsu is immune. So Natsu wins this fight with lightning magic and black fire. Or Natsu could also just wait for nightime then stomp Escanor, since he is immune to Escanor's attacks.

that why I said inconclusive since we can only debate on who wins in hand to hand combat, well axe to hand -_-

Plus at certain point Natsu has lightning attacks to equal the possible diffrence in physical strength which actually didn't exist since Natsu is at the high end of island lvl and I think Escanor as well.

Escanor would use his axe after seeing his attacks have no effect so it would end up in hand to hand which Natsu would have a little advantage,but would be disadvantaged as well since Escanor uses an axe (sharp weapon).

Natsu has a lot of fire magic which is hand to hand combat. Natsu normally fights with fire magic enhanced punches. Escanor is at a significant disadvantage given the only way he can harm Natsu is with his axe. Also Escanor would not have resistance to black fire.

Yeah,but fire attacks are rather weak on him which equals both sides. That why I can't see a single reason that could make believe this is goes any different from inconclusive since I don't think they can fight until night where Escanor would get weak since they are pretty equal in strength and both of their battles always ended up pretty fast.

I think Natsu is just highly resistant to fire. August's page says that he couldn't completely negate his fire magic.

Escanor would use once a fire attack do you get that or not? So he would gain energy like once only.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I think Natsu is just highly resistant to fire. August's page says that he couldn't completely negate his fire magic.
He couldn't absorb everything because it was huge attack with several kilometres of height, but slayers are clearly stated as immune on their own element. Getting only hurt by another slayer possibly a higher type like God slayer=>Dragon Slayer.

^only when he is out of his magic and he can no longer use them or at least never showed it after that battle.

@docanimetheory

that was a one time thing and Natsu has never used it since.

@williamshadow

slayers are stated to be immune to their element but this has been proven false; Natsu vs jackal is a good example

Actually explosion isn't purely fire that why he is hurt. He is immune on flames but explosion is not purely flame.

True but at the start of the fight Happy stated Natsu was immune to explosions (well anything heat based which includes explosions)

^i think the best explanation I can give you without going into details is the fact slayers are immune on their own ellement as fact they are able to consume it,and Natsu was damaged because the explosions were on his body, in fact the moment he found a way to consume them he no longer revived any damage.

That's generally the case with absorption abilities because the absorption has the side effect nullifiying what is being absorbed. However If Natsu were truely immune to heat based abilities he would never be affected by them regardless of if he absorbed them or not. Therefore Natsu is just highly resistant to heat based abilities with the ability to absorb them (in almost all cases).

Well, unless Esacnor can create a heat wave of 600 meters x 8000+ Meters like August did than all of his attacks would be absorbed.

I'm pretty sure Escanor did that when he attacked Dolor and Glenoxia at the fighting festival or given the afore mentioned showing, he could do what August did with ease.

Back