• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
^nope Escanor never used that amount of heat he only causes a huge amount of destruction, but that's not the same as amount of heat.

And why exactly would he be able to do with easy like August when August is large islan lvl and he is island lvl.

Escanor's magic is heat based so any destruction he causes with it requires him to release the amount of heat required to cause the destruction.

Exactly how does Escanor being weaker than August prevent him from using the a similar attack?

I'm pretty sure Natsu never tried to absorb Augusts nuke attack, in the next chapter iirc he says he managed to "negate it"- so I imagine it would be sorta like countering August flames with his own the reason y he didn't straight up eat them is not explained but that's by the way in this fight

Delta3000 said:
Escanor's magic is heat based so any destruction he causes with it requires him to release the amount of heat required to cause the destruction.

Exactly how does Escanor being weaker than August prevent him from using the a similar attack?
Dude damage he did to the ambient against Estrarossa was huge but the his attack was just a small heat ball,which means Natsu has no problem to eat something so small.

@williamshadow

So what? we all know Natsu could eat Escanor's smaller attacks but that's not what we are talking about and you didn't answer my question.

I didn't say it prevents him I said how what makes you think he can do it without any problems even thou he is weaker than August? Actually there really isn't a reason to think he can since he never showed something even close to that, like really we talk about a pillar of several kilometres of height while Escanor biggest amout of heat (not concetration of heat thou which is the destructive power) was actually rather small.

Because Escanor displayed the ability to fire his magic in a concentrated circular beam (judging by the aftermath) in chapter 170 much like August can so the strength difference between them is irrelevent since they have more or less the same attack in their arsenal. Not to mention the fact that August's heat pillar was calced at mountain level (August is only large island via scaling) whereas Escanors attack in 170 nearly killed 2 small island/large mountain characters.

You and I didn't understand each other. I am talking about quantity not quality. Escanor's flame attacks are superior in AP,but they are smaller in size.

And anyway Scailing still means he is stronger and is even more accurate than feats,but that's kinda irrelevant for our discussion which as well is kinda starting to derail so we might wanna stop.

Fair enough.

Additional reason i think Escanor will win: He has decades more battle experience which curtails his pride and he quickly adapts to an opponents abilities (Estarossa).

Actually he did, when he saw that Estarossa's magic could reflect physical attacks he switched to using magic attacks, then after that he powered up beyond estarossa's lvl over time due to the nature of sunshine.

^yeah, Estarossa says how he reflects phiscyal attacks so, obviously he must use magical attacks. Amazing adaptation skill, I think he should be classified as super genius. Leaving aside the sarcasm that's no adaption it's simple the fact he now knows he must use magic instead of phisical attacks and with Natsu it would be the other way around.

@williamshadow

Changing your tactics is still adapting.

@fingers

General question: with speed equalized does Natsu always have the same speed as Escanor (since Escanor's speed changes due to the effect of sunshine)?

Always same speed or else Erza's flight armor would give her a bigger speed in her match ups and she would blitz people like that.

Yeah,but that's completly insignificant lvl of adaption since he was literally told what to do.

Yeah, in versus threads all types of speed are considered equalized. And even if a technique grants a boost in speed, it's considered equalized too.

@fingers

Cool; If the fight lasts till the night (unlikely) always equal speed means Escanor can keep dodging till next morning.

@williamshadow

same applies if Natsu eats his magic.

Delta3000 said:
@fingers
Cool; If the fight lasts till the night (unlikely) always equal speed means Escanor can keep dodging till next morning.
By that logic, every fight with speed equalized will end in a draw because combatants will keep dodging forever until they're out of stamina. It doesn't work that way. Even with speed equalized you can and will be hit.

I said that too. I only mentioned Natsu is more skilled and has a little advantage in hand to hand combat since Escanor is limited to using his axe pretty much.

And you think he can dodge every attacks for next ten hours? Equalised speed means that both characters will get hit for sure not always,but will get hit so, dodging for several hours is out of question.

Your forgetting what Nighttime Escanor is capable of; during vampires of edingburgh Escanor easily evaded the vampire king from just after midnight till dawn without tireing so he could, in all likelyhood evade Natsu till the sun comes up. Additionally Escanor has demonstrated the ability to use sunshine at night for a few seconds if need be.

He was faster than vampires that why he dodged with np,but here the speed is equalised so, please think before giving random statments and those couple of second of his power won't save him we talk about hours and hours of time not to mention Natsu can use range attacks since Escanor's resistance on fire is pretty much gone. Anyway, I already said its inconclusive and gave my vote so, I end that here.

@williamshadow

Actually it is you who should think before making random comments because if you knew anything about the fight i'm talking about you would know that:

1)Escanor only fought 1 vampire,

2)said vampire percived Escanor as a weakling and decided to casually fire aim spawning energy blasts at Escanor to amuse himself.

@superscharbe

Escanor is, as far as i know, featless in h2h but he does have a giant axe that he is very good with. Their AOE feats are fairly simmilar from what i recall but given they both have a high resistance to fire their magics are not going to be very effective on each other.

@delta Escanor was faster and here the speed is equalised you get that or not? Being weaker than someone doesn't mean being slower please. So, yeah don't waste your time. And my corrector makes me write vampires dude why you think I have so much edits on every post.

Delta3000 said:
@williamshadow
Actually it is you who should think before making random comments because if you knew anything about the fight i'm talking about you would know that:

1)Escanor only fought 1 vampire,

2)said vampire percived Escanor as a weakling and decided to casually fire aim spawning energy blasts at Escanor to amuse himself.

@superscharbe

Escanor is, as far as i know, featless in h2h but he does have a giant axe that he is very good with. Their AOE feats are fairly simmilar from what i recall but given they both have a high resistance to fire their magics are not going to be very effective on each other.

natsu is immun to heat on his own or lower level.escanors sunshine is useless

natsu can simply melt escanor´s rhitta.and we all know the sins are semi-fodder without the treasure´s

@super well we can't really assume he can do it honestly since it's almost impossible to tell how resistant on flames is it and Natsu would anyway need to hold it to melt it,but he can't because rhitta is to heavy. And again Rhita could be like Erza's sword from Flame Empress Armor which Natsu couldn't melt thou that sword does make fire only at half strength,but I still don't see Rhita getting melted that easily.

@william the point "rhitta dont getting melted that easily" is pure speculation

erza´s flame empress armor is made to resistant fire,like inuyasha´s clothes.escanor is half naked.

by the way:how is the score?

^i don't know I voted inconclusive and I think Natsu and Escanor both have 2 votes.

Yes,but Rhitta is also created to resist fire since it's Escanor's weapon,and anyway as I told you in order melt it he would need to hold Rhitta for a bit which is impossible since Rhitta is to heavy for him.

Yeah if Rhitta didn't melt Escanor wouldn't be able to use it. IIRC Escanor was standing what looked like 20 meters or so from Gilthunder and Hauser/Howzer, and he caused their armor to melt, and Rhitta's going to be taking more heat since not only does Escanor hold it, but it's designed to absorb his heat (which I assume is then converted to 'magic') for one of his attacks.

@williamshadow

I am well aware of what speed equalized means but your missing my point; Escanor is very skilled at evasion, I mean you don't have to be faster than someone to avoid getting hit by them.

This night time Escanor stuff is unlikely to happen anyway because all Escanor needs to do is tag Natsu with a single clean hit to kill or severly injure him.

Just turn your auto correct off then and/or correct spellings your self.

@supercharbe

Natsu's flames are also useless on Escanor.

No he can't due to the reasons above. Not really because Escanor just has lower striking strength without her.

@delta yes you can avoid,but not for several hours it's ridiculous. Anyway, I said it myself there is no way their battle will come at that point so,let's just end it there.

Haha if Esca had god-like reality warping it would certainly please a lot of his fans.

Anyway, apparently I voted Escanor earlier based on the fact that his lifting strength was greater, which doesn't actually seem very useful. I'm voting inconclusive for reasons above - this basically boils down to them going at it with punches and Rhittas.

Back