• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Erdrick Vs Saitama

No, Roachman is good, CommitDie6 is a troll I meant. I thought he was talking to WrightWay given it was the most recent post.

Erdrick's AP comes scaling from Zoma who sealed a Pangea like Continent in a pocket reality. Though, FanofRPGs did contact me offsite that the High 6-A characters are going to be 2-C based on feats shown in DQ11.

That being said, Saitama is an extremely casual surface buster and has much higher AP, but Erdrick does have BFR, so I'd go with him.

Tetsucabrah said:
Does the BFR like dimension dump him or just poof him to somewhere else in the world?
ingame, when used in human party members it (very annoyingly) causes them to go to a tavern, which might be in another continent, depending on how far they are from the nearest one. i would also note that it has a fixed % chance of working

Sleep works for a random number turns and ends if the character is attacked.

I'm voting Saitama

assuming Arus is bloodlusted i doubt he'd go for harmless spells like poof or snooze instantly(and even if he wasn't it would still be pushing it that it would be his opening move 100%, since he doesn't have information analysis) he most likely casts his most damaging spell or sword skill wich Saitama punches through and one-shots.

Putting the game on auto pilot usually had DQ characters spam the instant death/BFR spells. And the RNG stuff is generally treated as a game mechanic. Just some notable things to consider.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Putting the game on auto pilot usually had DQ characters spam the instant death/BFR spells. And the RNG stuff is generally treated as a game mechanic. Just some notable things to consider.
the auto-pilot thing is kinda iffy since it deppends on the battle tactic you set, besides isn't arus from dragon quest 3? if i remember right the first game to have auto-battle was 4.

I think one of the remakes had an auto-battle system. And having have the battle tactics set as normal made characters who were able to case "Beat" and "Defeat" spam those spells.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I think one of the remakes had an auto-battle system. And having have the battle tactics set as normal made characters who were able to case "Beat" and "Defeat" spam those spells.
thing is he's bloodlusted here, wich would be closer to show no mercy assuming the remake has similar options to the other games

Besides, assuming both attack at the same time, Arus's poof will bfr saitama and Saitama's shockwave will kill him.

Was bumped after several months, but things are still on track so all good.

Saitama has: Enhanced Sight and Hearing, Afterimage Creation, Air Manipulation (Can generate air pressure with his attacks) which don't mean a whole lot in this battle and Saitama's doesn't have his signature strength advantage.

Erdrick has: Regenerationn (Via Armor of Radiance), Healing (Via Healall and Sage's Rock),

Statistics Amplification (Can increase his strength/agility/HP via seeds),

Invulnerability and Self-Metal Manipulation (Via Kaclang), BFR (Can remove enemies from the battle in an aura of holy light via Poof), Air Manipulation as well (Via Kaswoosh), and Sleep Manipulation (Via Snooze).

All Saitama has is strength, which is going to quickly be matched with Statistics Amplification and any harm Saitama does is going to be erased by Regenerationn and healing. Not even mentioning the invulnerability.

How is this not a Stomp?

<which is going to quickly be matched with Statistics Amplification and any harm Saitama does is going to be erased by Regenerationn and healing. Not even mentioning the invulnerability.

Saitama is over 50x stronger, all of this is a moot point

I still don't quite buy a bloodlusted character's first move would be putting the guy they want to kill to sleep and then BRFing them to a nice tavern when they have a big arsenal of offensive spells, but well, grace is over.

Except if you are intelligent enough, someone willing to use the best move and isn't a dumbass would likely realize someone that is asleep is much easier to deal with no matter what do you want to do.

Arus has no ESP,clairvoyance, precog or info analysis to tell him Saitama is that much stronger.

If he opens with snooze his next move has to be BFR, as attacking a sleeping character dispells said status effect.

I'm just saying i think Saitama using his one move (punching) first is more likely than a bloodlusted character with good offensive options sending someone they want to kill to some random location, or putting them to sleep and then sending them to a bar or something.

This was a who hits first fight, but Erdrick's BFR requires much less effort then moving a couple meters to throw a punch. Think a thought vs a snap.

Epic, I just think you don't understand the simple concept that if you are trying to be as effective as your personality will allow you without being restrained by biases on which move to choose, someone that is asleep is a much easier enemy to deal with. The hero has status effects for a reason, risking yourself explicitly because you don't know what the other dude can do when you can take a safer and more effective route is just... I don't see that happening, I can't no matter how I think about it.

Back