• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament 2022: Messenger Nia vs Super Monkey

that VTSG is being homeland buffed, but it looks like the ability isn't active in that screenshot so its probably fine. Also, I totally forgot that old MOAB textures before they updated it with the 3D model
It's 15% faster in the photo then.

it has jungle drums then? I did kinda assume it would, but that's not nealy as significant as a homeland ability, obviously

Mugann are Antispiral's alien soldiers. Ima just say the relevant parts, with a single beam they can severely damage entire city blocks, and when severely damaged, will deconstruct into smaller fragments that explode on contact
This somewhat makes me wish I had picked the engineer monkey since it also has summons with pretty similar abilities. So how do the Mugann compare to Nia herself?

Just a question, are all the abilities of Super Monkey homing attacks? Also, I assume the plasma shit doesn't one shot?

the only homing ability would be the magic shots and I think also the planes (I know that the monkey ace equivalent of the planes got buffed with slight homing shots in a balance patch, but I'm not sure if that buff also applied to the sun god plane summons)

just did some testing in sandbox and can confirm that the sun god planes do in fact have homing darts and bombs

Wouldn't the VTSG absorb her upon being formed? Unless it is already present by the time of the battle in which case this is irrelevant

But I'm pretty sure that since both characters appear in the battlefield the moment the battle starts, it'd probably act like an Insta-VTSG, so it will absorb everything that is in range, so she'd likely get absorbed

Wouldn't the VTSG absorb her upon being formed? Unless it is already present by the time of the battle in which case this is irrelevant

But I'm pretty sure that since both characters appear in the battlefield the moment the battle starts, it'd probably act like an Insta-VTSG, so it will absorb everything that is in range, so she'd likely get absorbed
it was established in the tourney thread that VTSG is assumed to have been placed on the field first to avoid this

Would you have chosen a different character had you known that the summons would be equalized too?
No, I just want to put Nia in more matches.

Anyways, there are insanely large amounts of Mugann that can be summoned: normal ones, upper class versions of them, and two that are far larger than even the largest mountains irl, to which those two can even combine, and can split into multiple fragments and reform

Summons can be far superior in skill, range, multiple haxes, stronger in Ls etc. However when it comes to actual AP and dura it's equal, Also characters would not be replaced unless extremely necessary I think we should carry on.

No, I just want to put Nia in more matches.

Anyways, there are insanely large amounts of Mugann that can be summoned: normal ones, upper class versions of them, and two that are far larger than even the largest mountains irl, to which those two can even combine, and can split into multiple fragments and reform
so would Nia just summon an army and then peace out to another universe?

aside from being physically more powerful, how do the Mugann compare ability-wise? I was trying to find a page with stats for them, but none exists on this wiki

so would Nia just summon an army and then peace out to another universe?
She'd either do that (assuming from episode 17) or be in a different part of the battlefield (assuming from episode 22)
I was trying to find a page with stats for them, but none exists on this wiki
There used to be a page for them, but it was deleted I think. They are listed on the verse page
how do the Mugann compare ability-wise?
Here's a compilation of what Mugann are capable of

Mugann deconstruct into countless explosive fragments when their energy shield goes down, but the energy shield was shown to need more power than it can handle, to break through. This is backed up by the next video, which shows Simon (Gurren Lagann), being unscathed after getting shot by a Mugann's beam, not being able to break through the shield. They can come in thousands, even with larger Mugann which are larger than Arch-Gurren being 5 kilometers tall. These larger Mugann are capable of reforming, even when blown up into many pieces

Oh yeah, in all this, Nia's in the moon, like inside

So it looks like the main thing is that they have powerful lasers and when they die they split into tons of pieces which scatter everywhere and then explode. Is that about right?

I don't mean to be rude but having knowledge and successfully applying it is different.
In the prison, Nia easily defeated Viral in a fist fight. Viral is a trained soldier of Lordgenome's Army, and was even an elite solder, having his own custom Gunmen, which are given to top-notch soldiers. Viral was even capable of fighting equally with Simon, who was stated to become quite proficient in martial arts within 3 years. So ofc she doesn't just have the knowledge, she's also capable of successfully applying it

it looks like its time for a pokemon battle! lol

In character, the Sun God would probably try to take out all the Mugann one at a time probably going from strongest to weakest, if not by AP/dura then by ability assuming there's any variation at all. Probably more importantly though is the avatars which will target similarly but since their base stats are equalized, that would actually make them the strongest things on the battlefield by a pretty significant margin because VTSG can passively stat amp its allies (this doesn't apply to the planes). The Avatars should have superior power and speed, and also their attacks can pierce through multiple targets at a time (the VTSG buffing affect raises the amount of enemies the attacks can pierce through. It also significantly increases their range, but I doubt that'll matter in this fight). For their attack, they shoot corrupted sun beams which if that isn't enough energy to overpower the Mugann on its own, they actually fire triple shots, so multiply that by 3 and also they do that attack several times per second. However the death explosion might prove problematic. The avatars have the ability to fly, but they do typically fight from the ground anyway, unlike the planes and the VTSG, so getting carpet bombed would do some heavy damage to them as a group. Assuming some survive the first set of of explosions though they would probably be fine to avoid the rest with their higher speed and flight

is there any limit on Nia's summoning capabilities? Either physically or from being in-character? VTSG will constantly summon new avatars as they die off and also just kinda disappear on their own to be replaced with a new one, but there's no case of the planes being taken down since that's not a thing that can happen ingame. I would assume that VTSG would react to that the same way it'd react to an avatar dying which would be to just summon a new plane in its place. The VTSG will pretty much never be without its summons unless one could kill them faster than VTSG can summon them

iirc, the forcefields aren't equalized to match the opponent's physical stats, they're still at the same level they normally would be

wait really? That would surprise me since that's basically saying that for some characters dura isn't actually equalized, as many characters literally rely on forcefields in character as their defense and that's how they're listed stat-wise. And especially because if it's the case that forcefields aren't equalized then VTSG might be pretty much untouchable since the knockbacking magic field is listed in its abilities as a kind of forcefield

Both characters might be too OP for the tournament because of everything we brought up. So what even is there to talk about other than "Can't bypass forcefields"

well not if forcefields get equalized in dura, which is what I assumed would be the case from the start

although, If the Mugann rely on tanking with forcefields rather than dodging then that would be a big problem for them once their hit with a wave of status effects by VTSG including ice attacks which freeze them and everything else in a small radius around them in place. Other status effects that they would get from tanking hits include being covered in glue that reduces their speed a decent amount and also mind manipulation to make them abandon the fight temporarily if they dont resist that. Resistance to mind manip is one of the few resistances that VTSG doesn't negate

Forcefield's aren't durability related though. So saying durability gets equalized can't mean forcefields are too, because they're entirely different things, and can be applied differently rather than just as a shield for themselves. We can't just change the rules mid-debate

Other status effects that they would get from tanking hits include being covered in glue that reduces their speed a decent amount and also mind manipulation to make them abandon the fight temporarily if they dont resist that
Mugann don't even have minds, they are advance scouts that are already controlled by Antispiral. The opponent would have to overcome Antispiral first

Infinite skill sounds wank as hell if there are no feats to back it up. What are the arguments here?
Even without that argument, Nia was still shown to be incredibly proficient in Martial Arts
In the prison, Nia easily defeated Viral in a fist fight. Viral is a trained soldier of Lordgenome's Army, and was even an elite solder, having his own custom Gunmen, which are given to top-notch soldiers. Viral was even capable of fighting equally with Simon, who was stated to become quite proficient in martial arts within 3 years. So ofc she doesn't just have the knowledge, she's also capable of successfully applying it

Infinite skill sounds wank as hell if there are no feats to back it up. What are the arguments here?
right now it seems like the arguments are less about her and more about what her summons can do, mostly same with VTSG, with the exception that VTSG has some abilities that its own summons dont which will help in combat

Where is the argument for backing up infinite skill ?
It comes from the argument that Simon merged with infinite possible versions of himself which would give him all of their knowledge and experience and would therefore increase at least all his already existing skills immensely. Antispiral fought on par with him, Nia as his messenger has that knowledge and has shown that she can successfully apply it. Although, that's not the main topic of this match rn

Back