• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Come one come all to The Super Cool 8-B Tournament! In our first match of round 1: we have a cool matchup!!!!! both characters also have a connection to flash games so thats neat. The Monster of Isaac's Memories, Delirium! And the Marine of the Monkey Military, Monkey Sub!

Rules are stated in the tournament hub. So you can read those if you need a refresher.

Delirium: 1 (@JustANormalLemon)
Monkey Sub: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
I don't see how the sub bullets could byass the sub regen and damage reduction

I think the battle would just be the sub shooting It untill It's too damage to continue and sink

I don't see how the sub bullets could byass the sub regen and damage reduction

I think the battle would just be the sub shooting It untill It's too damage to continue and sink
delirium's regen only comes from one of its forms, from what i know their other forms dont have regen. armor piercing darts could also maybe deal with the boss armor?

How well do they track things?
They track really well, homming projectiles in BTD6 will keep traking bloons untill there is none in the scren or they disapear for reaching their pierc, beingh able to do some sharp turns to follow a bloon the other side of the map if the one It was homing too pops

It's a good homming, but don't try to dodge obstacles in the way

I’d also like to note that the Sub has a decently large AP advantage (77 tons > massively up scaling from 18 tons)

but even then I don’t know what Monkey Sub can do about Delirium just blasting them with their makeshift brimstone beam

What can the Sub do against Delirium's demuku? Delirium can become a majority of the bosses like Hush (who can do this), Mega Satan (who can do this and this), Isaac (Who can do this). The Lamb (Who can do this) and there are many more examples.
Not much, in game the monkeys do not move, so It has no dodging experience, the best It can do is move around in the pond, but the only exemple we have is the sub moving in BTD6 title screen, so thanks to It's large size It will robable be taken down quite fast by delirium danmaku

Also, even if the sub has superior AP, the fact It comes from pircing damage and delirium don't appearing to have vital organs or anything It's damage output will be even lower

alright, so, the monkeys canonically don't move because they just don't want to once they get in their favorite fighting spot
delirium is one of if not the most spammy boss in issac if we are talking just sheer bullets on screen, and given the sub not moving a lot of those will hit
The path that the sub apparently is taking is the Sub commander, which is made to put out a higher volume of darts than normal, but it would still probably fall short of Delirium's output. That could be balanced out by the massive AP advantage tho

as said before the sub's darts are homing, once they lock on to a bloon they fly around the map until there is nothing left to pop or they hit their pierce cap. Even with Delirium's teleportation, the darts should be able to hit. also, I don't know what Lemon was talking about with the no vital organs bit since the darts are used to fight blimps and inflated rubber that definitely don't have organs either.

with the no vital organs bit since the darts are used to fight blimps and inflated rubber that definitely don't have organs either.
Bloons and blimps don't have regen and you can argue that the air inside a bloon are vital organs, also darts are made to pop bloons

what I mean is, there is no spot for the sub to hit for higher damage, and deliriuns still has regen and damage reduction

I mean regen bloons are a thing but I get your point
but the thing is that while yes, Delirium has some regeneration, that doesn't completely negate any damage the sub can do, and the darts are specifically made to pierce armor like the reinforced MOAB classes. There isn't any super damaging spot to shoot, but that doesn't mean that the sub is doing no damage.

Also, the AP difference isn't to the point where it is negligible. The sub has its durability stated as the same as its attack, so Delirium is at a disadvantage in both categories. He has a lot of bullets, yes, but the sub does as well, and each of the darts is going to be doing a lot more damage than Delirium's bullets.
Add that to the fact that Delirium isn't exactly careful with where they shoot. They are just as likely to hit Issac as they are to send half their bullets off to the opposite corner of the room. The sub is stationary, but Issac can be as well, that doesn't stop Delirium from rolling the dice badly and using It Lives' moveset a couple times in a row and have half the circle miss entirely, or roll Dingle or another charger boss and just not hit the sub in the rush

Even the more deadly bosses can have this happen. look at the Hush example provided.
[Hush (who can do this)]
For the first part of Hush's attack Issac was being mostly still and just standing in a spot the bullets just went around.

Again, the AP diference is mostly ignorable thanks to deliriun damage reduction and deliriun also isn't armored, so there is no extra damage from the armour pierce

Isaac also is a very small boy, having 90 cm makes him harder to hit

while the sub... is a sub, It's bigger them 90 cm

not to mention even trough deliriun has a bunch of not aimed Danmaku he also has a lot of aimed atacks that goes into the target direction

not to mention deliriun atacks are faster them the sub darts travel speed wise

oh yeah the ap difference is probably smaller than you may think. since delirium massively upscales from his written ap value

I mean Delirium can just create fodder or spawn a separate copy of the boss it transformed into to take the homing darts for it.

I mean Delirium can just create fodder or spawn a separate copy of the boss it transformed into to take the homing darts for it.
Don't they have a lot less HP? the clones would die kinda fast, but true. also I don't think deliriun has a mind sinse It's the personification of the loss of councious

Back