• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eldrazi Tiers?

Due to recent events in Magic's story Ulamog and Kozilek, the two Eldrazi titans who ravaged Zendikar in the Battle for Zendikar block, are now both (seemingly) killed off for good, having been incinerated in the their true unbound states by Chandra in a single sustained attack that was fueled by the power of an entire plane. Now my question is, does this at all effect the Eldrazi's current tier ratings or those of the planeswalkers?

Hmm. You should probably ask the administrator Azathoth about this.

Seems like a one-time thing, given that Zendikar is supposed to have a ridiculous amount of mana, right? So doesn't really scale to Chandra's regular showings, and doesn't scale to the Eldrazi's durability at all. Of course, it'd be best to get Azathoth's opinion, too.

Considering in the exact same story block, Ugin had a speech about how the Eldrazi's true forms were higher dimensional and killing what you perceive to be them is more like cutting off the finger/hand of a man reaching into a pond, I sincerely doubt that was their true forms that were killed and more the lower dimensional yet unbound forms they initially took when arriving on Zendikar before the mending. Not to mention Zendikar, which is where the entirety of the power used to kill them was coming from, is one of the most absurdly mana-rich planes to exist.

Still, that may be giving the story a bit too much credit as opposed to just writing off the entire thing as massive amounts of PIS because they couldn't think of a way to actually logically have the Eldrazi lose after how they'd been built up. Most of the answers can be boiled down to:

• The entire fight was PIS because the heroes had really been written into a corner with this whole Eldrazi situation.
  • It was a one-time thing powered by all of Zendikar, so at the absolute most, it would scale to Chandra (if she had a page) in AP only under a separate key which noted she was using all of Zendikar's mana.
  • Considering the ridiculousness of the whole scenario along with the fact that the Eldrazi, who are explicitly made from the stuff of the Blind Eternities, are killed with mana (to understand how ridiculous this is, imagine killing an incorporeal, universe eating ghost with a submachine gun which fires bullets made out of stuff that feed said ghost), even that would be generous.
In short, the whole thing is a lot like an event such as Spider-Man vs Firelord. It shouldn't really affect anyone due to the overall ridiculousness of the situation.

SoyHop said:
Does this change the current tier for beings such as Ulamog then?
(Also does anyone reccomend Oath of the Gatewatch?)
1. Probably not. Like I said before, it would likely only affect Chandra (if she had a profile), and only under a specific key while doing a specific thing.

2. The fluff or the set itself?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
SoyHop said:
Does this change the current tier for beings such as Ulamog then?
(Also does anyone reccomend Oath of the Gatewatch?)
1. Probably not. Like I said before, it would likely only affect Chandra (if she had a profile), and only under a specific key while doing a specific thing.
2. The fluff or the set itself?
Oh okay, thank you.

The set itself, in your opinion.

I saw a 9-booster pack collector's box at my local card stores for around $40.

No problem.

I personally thought it was a pretty fun set, though a lot of the major value will come from a few cards, in particular (Kozilek, the Expeditions, etc.). I'd definitely say pick up the box if you like Eldrazi. Those nine pack boxes come with a bunch of lands from the set. Ever land in this set is full art, not to mention this is the first box that'll give you the new colorless basic land, as well.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
No problem.
I personally thought it was a pretty fun set, though a lot of the major value will come from a few cards, in particular (Kozilek, the Expeditions, etc.). I'd definitely say pick up the box if you like Eldrazi. Those nine pack boxes come with a bunch of lands from the set. Ever land in this set is full art, not to mention this is the first box that'll give you the new colorless basic land, as well.
Oooh. Will do. Thanks!

Back