• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incorporeality (Type 1; An Oldwalker being is simply a projection of their mind which they can rebuild as they wish, their mind itself is incorporeal.)
Incorporeality doesn't have a type, so type 1 should be removed.
Transformation & Morality Manipulation (Nicol Bolas was capable of turning the angels of Amonkhet into twisted reflections of himself. They carry out his will loyally despite who they were before.)
Transformation is based on just the user transforming itself, not others. The Transformation looks to be corruption or transmutation.
Corruption should a type added. The type in this case looks to be type 1.

Otherwise, the changes seem fine to make.

I unlocked the page. I can wait until you are done with the edits before I close the thread.

Regeneration works against spells that tear you from Reality, Memory & History, at the same time their spells can negate that regeneration.
Tearing someone from something doesn't mean they somehow are reduced to less than those things. Don't they still have a mind and such?

Tearing someone from something doesn't mean they somehow are reduced to less than those things. Don't they still have a mind and such?
The spell does destroy its target if that's the question you are asking. It works on Abstract Beings, Souls/Ghost & Consciousnesses. That plus the description saying 'Torn from History. Torn from memory. Torn from reality.' makes it pretty clear cut no?

The spell does destroy its target if that's the question you are asking. It works on Abstract Beings, Souls/Ghost & Consciousnesses. That plus the description saying 'Torn from History. Torn from memory. Torn from reality.' makes it pretty clear cut no?
Hmm, can you post the quotes again?

You didn't ask for the quote of them regenerating
What did you think I meant when I talked about "posting the quotes"? Anyone with a brain can tell that one sentence grants absolutely nothing.

Anyway, @ActuallySpaceMan do you have the quotes for the spells and their level of destruction, as well as them regenerating from that level of destruction?

Anyway, @ActuallySpaceMan do you have the quotes for the spells and their level of destruction, as well as them regenerating from that level of destruction?
Ok, I didn't realize this would be such a big issue. The Regeneration Negation was based on the fact that all regeneration spells let you regenerate anything no matter how it was destroyed. At the same time, there are spells that specifically state something cannot be regenerated.

If it's that much of an issue we can remove the regeneration negation.

I unlocked the page. I can wait until you are done with the edits before I close the thread.
Well since Planck has some questions we aren't closing this thread just yet. I realized there are some abilities I missed that I want to add along with an addition to his Lifting Strength.

Oldwalker & Neowalker Nicol Bolas
Test of Metal Neowalker Nicol Bolas

Lifting Strength: Unknown, Stellar with Telekinesis (He could control the movement of an entire sun over an extremely long period of time.)

Range: At least Multi-Solar System level. likely Universal+ (Even after losing his Oldwalker abilities he was considered powerful enough to destroy Theros, a plane that has an entire night sky full of stars and constellations. He was capable of ripping open the sky of an entirely different world than the one he was on.)

Last edited:
Almost verything here seems fine but i'm kinda iffy in the following
This doesn't seems like transdual nonexistence at all.... It is only stated that they are in a limbo of existence and nonexistence (That in such a vague way would not qualify, there are even characters with more and better context than this one and they barely qualify for Material Nonexistence.), it is not stated that the character is completely nonexistent in a similar manner to Material Nonexistence... This is more like a 50/50 that IMO is more like paradoxical nonexistence. You should call @DontTalkDT for more clarification

This doesn't seems like transdual nonexistence at all.... It is only stated that they are in a limbo of existence and nonexistence, it is not stated that the character is completely nonexistent in a similar manner to Material Nonexistence... This is more like a 50/50 that IMO is more like paradoxical nonexistence. You should call @DontTalkDT for more clarification
He has the exact description of Idealistic Nonexistence.

Idealistic Nonexistence: The character doesn't exist in a sense further beyond conventional nonexistence. In terms of binary, this would be something that is neither 1 nor 0, where 1 is existence and 0 is nonexistence.

It also clearly states he can't interact with the physical world and cannot touch it.

He has the exact description of Idealistic Nonexistence.

Idealistic Nonexistence: The character doesn't exist in a sense further beyond conventional nonexistence. In terms of binary, this would be something that is neither 1 nor 0, where 1 is existence and 0 is nonexistence.
A limbo (which is a vague way of saying that it exists or does not exist) of existence and nonexistence does not imply that the character exists beyond conventional nonexistence, if the standards were so easy to accept such an implication, then most characters would never have lost their Idealistic Nonexistence.
It also clearly states he can't interact with the physical world and cannot touch it.
This is nothing new, it has even been implied for a long time on the Nonexistent Physiology Page

You should call @DontTalkDT for more clarification
since he knows the standards better than anyone else.

The changes seems fine at least to me, tho i would be fine with Paradoxical Nonexistence instead. But it is not up to me to decide, so I'll leave the last word to @Elizhaa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back