• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Not to mention the mountain of corpses at the divine tower is heavily implied to be Godfreys doing in the DLC (hence the need for Serosh to restrain his bloodlust)

Ok so I’m doing ranni’s questline and apparently this radhan dude has fate in a choke hold or something
Residents of the LB believe the stars hold the fates of all living beings, particulary Empyreans (demigods chosen to potentially remplace Marika herself). Ranni is an Empyrean so her fate depends on the stars. Radahn went at war with the stars and cast a gravity well spell all over the LB, thus stopping the course of the "stars" (there's a heated debate about wether what he stopped were actual stars, meteorites and space creatures or both currently,though without spoiling the DLC establishes that actual, gaseous stars exist in ER, since the people from the LB call stars pretty much anything that comes from space).

My hardest from software bosses so far (haven't finished er dlc)

1. Elena the Squalid Queen Ng+7 (this is an entirely different fight in ng+7. Not remotely comparable to base game or even the first couple new games+) Difficulty: Not beatable solo

2. Lost Sinner Ng+7 Without lighting up the room (please don't try this) Difficulty: Almost not possible

2.5 Demon Prince Ds3 Ng+3-7. Difficulty: Nope

3. Blue Smelter Demon (he can choose different speeds in-between his string. Can be fast, normal, delayed, super delayed. He's not hard but it ***** up my brain) Difficulty: Not hard, just a perfect counter for my fast paced brain.

4. Abhorrent Beast. Difficulty: Fairly hard

5. Bayle. Difficulty: I gotta lock in

6. Malenia. Difficulty. I gotta lock in

7. Ludwig. Difficulty: Had to look up a tutorial

8. Orphan of Kos. Difficulty: I gotta lock in.

9. Romina Saint of the bud. Difficulty: Stress

10. Defiled Amygdala. Difficulty: Stupid

Last edited:
My difficulty list (including Sekiro)

1. Royal Rat Authority (**** this boss, **** this boss and its stupid rats, and it's high ass toxic buildup that melts your health **** THIS FIGHT)
2. Demon of Hatred (hell on earth having a Dark Souls boss in Sekiro)
3. Gwyn (yes I suck at parrying, and yall would be having trouble if yall were bad at it too)
4. Isshin the Sword Saint (He's fast and quick, and he has 3 phases to boot)
5. Melenia (Wouldn't be such a problem if she didn't heal every hit and her first phase wasn't so bonkers)
6. DS2 gank squad (Oh god I hate ganks)
7. Rooftop Owl (Harder than his Father variant that's for sure)
8. Sir Alonne (moderate difficulty but still Mt favorite DS2 boss)
9. Capra Demon (**** that small ass room and 2 dogs, more tedius than anything)
10. Ornstein and Smough (not all too difficult anymore, still provides a fair challenge)

My difficulty list (including Sekiro)

1. Royal Rat Authority (** this boss, ** this boss and its stupid rats, and it's high ass toxic buildup that melts your health **** THIS FIGHT)
2. Demon of Hatred (hell on earth having a Dark Souls boss in Sekiro)
3. Gwyn (yes I suck at parrying, and yall would be having trouble if yall were bad at it too)
4. Isshin the Sword Saint (He's fast and quick, and he has 3 phases to boot)
5. Melenia (Wouldn't be such a problem if she didn't heal every hit and her first phase wasn't so bonkers)
6. DS2 gank squad (Oh god I hate ganks)
7. Rooftop Owl (Harder than his Father variant that's for sure)
8. Sir Alonne (moderate difficulty but still Mt favorite DS2 boss)
9. Capra Demon (**** that small ass room and 2 dogs, more tedius than anything)
10. Ornstein and Smough (not all too difficult anymore, still provides a fair challenge)
I miss sir Alone. Fav boss from ds2 is fume Knight

My Personal Hardest Boss List:

1. Malenia. Manageable with certain builds but can still **** you up but god forbid you use anything that's not meta.
2. Demon of Hatred. I ******* hate this guy. Had to cheese him in initial playthrough and when I did fight him for real it took a while. Not necessarily from dying so much (that too) but the fight itself can really go on
3. Isshin. I also hate this man but really respect him at the same time. A really cool final boss and very engaging if you don't cheese (though he's very easy to cheese. Sekiro in general is either easy to cheese or super difficult requiring your utmost attention)
4. Manus. I wish I could try him again but I was on a NG+ something build and I just couldn't get the hang of him. I eventually just used the havel armor and poised my way through.
5. Laurence the First Vicar. Yeah, I legitimately had a harder time against this magma-spawning lycan than the eldritch baby. **** Laurence and that stupid ass hotbox and janky arm slam and **** his lava too. Just an annoyance. Probably one of my least favorite BB bosses.

Beyond that idk Orphan is up there, both gank fights in ER, Defiled Chalice dungeon bosses as a whole are up there for sure. I also haven't gotten to play SotE unfortunately not DS3 so I definitely have blanks there I want to eventually fill.

Not to mention the mountain of corpses at the divine tower is heavily implied to be Godfreys doing in the DLC (hence the need for Serosh to restrain his bloodlust)
If by divine tower you mean the Divine Gate, I don't think Godfrey has anything to do with it. A lot of the corpses, particulary those close to the entrance, look like they've tried to run away and were suddenly caught by something that didn't leave them the time to react, kinda like Mount Vesuvius and other volcanic eruptions or even a nuclear explosion. My personal theory is that they were there when Marika ascended and her transformation into a god generated energy that instantly killed the Hornsent there. That or she personally killed them, either before to complete the ritual or after as the opening act of her revenge against them.

Last edited:
My Personal Hardest Boss List:

1. Malenia. Manageable with certain builds but can still **** you up but god forbid you use anything that's not meta.
2. Demon of Hatred. I ******* hate this guy. Had to cheese him in initial playthrough and when I did fight him for real it took a while. Not necessarily from dying so much (that too) but the fight itself can really go on
3. Isshin. I also hate this man but really respect him at the same time. A really cool final boss and very engaging if you don't cheese (though he's very easy to cheese. Sekiro in general is either easy to cheese or super difficult requiring your utmost attention)
4. Manus. I wish I could try him again but I was on a NG+ something build and I just couldn't get the hang of him. I eventually just used the havel armor and poised my way through.
5. Laurence the First Vicar. Yeah, I legitimately had a harder time against this magma-spawning lycan than the eldritch baby. ** Laurence and that stupid ass hotbox and janky arm slam and ** his lava too. Just an annoyance. Probably one of my least favorite BB bosses.

Beyond that idk Orphan is up there, both gank fights in ER, Defiled Chalice dungeon bosses as a whole are up there for sure. I also haven't gotten to play SotE unfortunately not DS3 so I definitely have blanks there I want to eventually fill.
About Malenia, as a sorcerer build, I'll say this: do NOT use Comet Azur at least in phase 1.

I defeated Ludwig in 4 attempts, Living Failures took me 6, Lady Maria (EASILY one of my favorite boss fights of all times) took me 3 and the Orphan took me 10. I tried Lawrence out of curiosity and he annihilated me. Second try, I somehow managed to get to his second phase and...no, just no. Never tried again.

I'm not going to make a list because I don't remember exactly everything (and I'm not into it, and it will only be from the base game which is what I played)

I only played Elden Ring, and the difficulty of basically everything was ok. It was difficult but not "50 tries later". Especially because I'm the type of person who likes to explore everything and farm (before killing Margit I explored 90% of Limgrave and 50% of Caelid)

I only had difficulty with 3 bosses (one I think is not a boss). In terms of dying often and losing patience/getting a little stressed.

The final boss, a version of Red Wolf that is in Nokron and DEATH RITE BIRD, especially this bastard, I think it was the boss that I died the most in this game. Honorable mention to Malenia I died a few times but nothing big.

If by divine tower you mean the Divine Gate, I don't think Godfrey has anything to do with it. A lot of the corpses, particulary those close to the entrance, look like they've tried to run away and were suddenly caught by something that didn't leave them the time to react, kinda like Mount Vesuvius and other volcanic eruptions or even a nuclear explosionMy personal theory is that they were there when Marika ascended and her transformation into a god generated energy that instantly killed the Hornsent there. That or she personally killed them, either before to complete the ritual or after as the opening act of her revenge against them.
Yeh I meant Divine Gateway.

I'ma be honest I should not be playing dlc at Ng+7. Everything is a chore. Everything one shots. Probably why I'm procrastinating. Putrescent Knight and hippo were so bad. I don't even use those scadtree whatever. Like I just go in and somehow make it work eventually. This is probably just my veteran experience idk. But I also don't think this game is as hard as stellar blade endgame bosses

As far as ng+7 boss difficulty goes there are two bosses that turn my face into a thousand yard stare 😬.

1. Laurence
2. The demon prince

Mostly because of how freakishly tanky they are because fighting them feels like punching a tree hoping to knock it over. Well unless I'm running my favorite sorcery build in which case I'm squishy but crystal soul spear (my beloved) puts in work as per usual.

Demon Prince on ng+7 is awful.
As far as ng+7 boss difficulty goes there are two bosses that turn my face into a thousand yard stare 😬.

1. Laurence
2. The demon prince

Mostly because of how freakishly tanky they are because fighting them feels like punching a tree hoping to knock it over. Well unless I'm running my favorite sorcery build in which case I'm squishy but crystal soul spear (my beloved) puts in work as per usual.

Thinking about it, Ansbach really said something to the equivalent of "I hoped I could Git Gud enough to kill an Empyrean. But I got mind controlled."
Take note that he was apparently good enough to at least land a hit. Which is still massively impressive, even moreso when you remember he's not at his prime and yet someone like Leda utterly fears him

So do we know what our scaling is going to be for Consort Radahn, cause besides his nature as the final DLC boss I feel like there’s a lot to consider.

Pros:
  • He isn’t afflicted with the scarlet rot or holding back any of the stars
  • He has Mohg’s body as a vessel, giving him access to blood flame incantations. However, I’m not sure if this inherently makes him more powerful, since when we defeat Mohg we supposedly get all of his power by collecting his runes and great rune
  • He’s given holy magic power by Miquella. While this is only in Miquella’s presence, we are still able to use said holy magic once we get access to his swords, implying that Miquella imparted some of his strength on Radahn (or at least his weapons) permanently.

Cons:
  • Radahn is overall much younger and smaller than he is in the base game, and even lacks a great rune.
  • The version of Radahn Miquella resurrects is pre-starscourge, implying that he hasn’t reached the peak of his gravity manipulating abilities. The only piece of information I can see disproving this is our battle with Gaius, since if we assume Gaius had gravity magic relative to Radahn at his peak, then consort Radahn should scale to that after we defeated the former.
  • Radahn is most likely mindless when we face him in the DLC, or at least charmed by Miquella beyond rational thought.

Something to bring up, are we giving Miquella two tabs for his Demigod and God forms? Though we never fought him as a demigod, the statement from Ansbach, as well as all the stuff he did like the incantations he made for Radagon and creating the needle to ward off Outer Gods gives us a picture of both his abilities and power as a demigod before ascending.

So do we know what our scaling is going to be for Consort Radahn, cause besides his nature as the final DLC boss I feel like there’s a lot to consider.

Pros:
  • He isn’t afflicted with the scarlet rot or holding back any of the stars
  • He has Mohg’s body as a vessel, giving him access to blood flame incantations. However, I’m not sure if this inherently makes him more powerful, since when we defeat Mohg we supposedly get all of his power by collecting his runes and great rune
  • He’s given holy magic power by Miquella. While this is only in Miquella’s presence, we are still able to use said holy magic once we get access to his swords, implying that Miquella imparted some of his strength on Radahn (or at least his weapons) permanently.

Cons:
  • Radahn is overall much younger and smaller than he is in the base game, and even lacks a great rune.
  • The version of Radahn Miquella resurrects is pre-starscourge, implying that he hasn’t reached the peak of his gravity manipulating abilities. The only piece of information I can see disproving this is our battle with Gaius, since if we assume Gaius had gravity magic relative to Radahn at his peak, then consort Radahn should scale to that after we defeated the former.
  • Radahn is most likely mindless when we face him in the DLC, or at least charmed by Miquella beyond rational thought.
The lack of a Great Rune is likely why he's as small as he is. But while he's weaker without it, we don't know if it's by a significant margin. And l doubt he's not at his peak gravitational abilities, it's more likely to me that this is just chronologically before he takes up that mantle.

I don't know where this idea that "Radhan is mindless or charmed" being very likely is coming from. It's a possibility but we don't have any concrete confirmation as to him being mind controlled beyond implication and the fact that he doesn't speak. His personal guard is confident that he'd be alright with this even and while Freyja might be viewing this through a personal lens, not one other character makes any mention of this being a possibility with his new king-consort.

The lack of a Great Rune is likely why he's as small as he is. But while he's weaker without it, we don't know if it's by a significant margin. And l doubt he's not at his peak gravitational abilities, it's more likely to me that this is just chronologically before he takes up that mantle.

I don't know where this idea that "Radhan is mindless or charmed" being very likely is coming from. It's a possibility but we don't have any concrete confirmation as to him being mind controlled beyond implication and the fact that he doesn't speak. His personal guard is confident that he'd be alright with this even and while Freyja might be viewing this through a personal lens, not one other character makes any mention of this being a possibility with his new king-consort.
Mainly from the Bewitching Twig description:

Also because he was resurrected with Mogh’s body part so again, I wouldn’t even say that Radahn supposedly will consent to this given the fact we got Malenia nuking the **** out of Radahn before the events of the DLC and also because Freyja only made a claim about that part which is obviously not set in stone given the evidence prior to the DLC.

That is also not to mention the armor set mention what Malenia say to Radahn while she was nuking him with the Rot you can get after defeating the DLC final boss

Last edited:
Also even if we go solely by what his personal guard say, she mentioned one person will been against the idea which is Jerren.

Edit: I forget about the fact Jerren and the item descriptions for his set being a guest commander alongside Radahn.

A pointy, ragged hood.
Worn by the knight Jerren.

The hood hides an aged, bearded mask.

Jerren served General Radahn as a guest commander, and they are said to have sworn an oath of honorable death to one another.”

“Unusually colorful armor. Worn by the knight Jerren.

Jerren preferred a nomadic existence, but after spending time as a guest of the Carian royals, he became a guest commander for General Radahn. And for the first time, the restless tumbleweed would be bound by honorable oath.”

Last edited:
I think most of it is subtext. Miquella’s entire MO is charming people, as beyond Malenia and his most trusted followers, he charms everyone on his path to godhood. Especially when we consider the fact Malenia was sent to battle Radahn by Miquella, it seems likely that Radahn didn’t agree to be Miquella’s consort, or changed his mind before the battle of Aeonia.

Also, when it comes to Freyja’s dialogue, I don’t think she had the full context behind Miquella’s proposal to Radahn. I think she would simply see it as a chance for Radahn to be brought back as his regular war loving self.

Either way, I don’t think it would negatively effect him much if he was charmed by Miquella, since his combat prowess doesn’t seem hampered by it.

I think most of it is subtext. Miquella’s entire MO is charming people, as beyond Malenia and his most trusted followers, he charms everyone on his path to godhood. Especially when we consider the fact Malenia was sent to battle Radahn by Miquella, it seems likely that Radahn didn’t agree to be Miquella’s consort, or changed his mind before the battle of Aeonia.

Also, when it comes to Freyja’s dialogue, I don’t think she had the full context behind Miquella’s proposal to Radahn. I think she would simply see it as a chance for Radahn to be brought back as his regular war loving self.

Either way, I don’t think it would negatively effect him much if he was charmed by Miquella, since his combat prowess doesn’t seem hampered by it.
There is also the side questline for Ansbach where he does mention the enchantment on Mogh as well.

Something to bring up, are we giving Miquella two tabs for his Demigod and God forms? Though we never fought him as a demigod, the statement from Ansbach, as well as all the stuff he did like the incantations he made for Radagon and creating the needle to ward off Outer Gods gives us a picture of both his abilities and power as a demigod before ascending.
Meh I don't think Miquella should get two tabbers. Nothing says he could not spam light beams as a Demigod, in fact he's said to be a master of light-based incantations from the get go, since like you mentionned it he created at least one incantation by himself and the DLC gives us probably another. I do believe he should get two keys though.

Last edited:
My mental state after MORE THAN 5 HOURS

eEcTqF.gif

Back