• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

I wonder how a Marika build could be made. I guess we would get a Faith/Strength build with her hammer. Incantations would include Minor Erdtree and Blessing of the Erdtree (the incantation you get in her bedchamber) at least and probably a bunch of Erdtree and Golden Order Incantations. Radagon's Rings of Light could fit since...well, you know. For the seal, she would probably get the Golden Order Seal. No idea for the outfit though, maybe the one located in Lower Capital Church in Leyndell.

For Sauron, I would take Jolan's armor and use the Great Mace as the main weapon. Build would probably be a mix between Strength, Int and Faith. Sauron is heavily associated with the forge, magma and fire and is also a necromancer. I would give him all Messmer incantations (all of them are based on fire but with an evil, sinister look, and Sauron is also said to control the weather over Mordor and Mount Doom so Rain of Fire would fit). He would also get all Magma Sorceries (except Rykard Rancor), Ancient Death Rancor and Tibia's Summons. The Midra's Flame of Frenzy would be perfect to replicate the Great Eye. I would also give him the Darkness incantation and Poison Mist (since as the Necromancer, his power can poison plants, the environment and living beings). For the staff, he could get the Prince of Death Staff to be as close to the character as possible I guess (it's probably the closest to fit the character). For the seal on the other hand, there's no debate, he would get the Dragon Communion Seal, since it glows red. And, naturally, he would get Mohg's Great Rune. Glows red and...well, look at the rune and guess why :)

So basically, Strength/Faith/Int build, with Int being a bit lower than the rest.

Last edited:
Gandalf would be a bit more tricky. Outfit wise, no problem, the Snow Witch Set is almost perfect for him, especially the hat. For the staff, I would give him the Staff of the Loss since it's the closest to the simply a wooden staff feeling. Bastard Sword is similar to Glamdring in looks so it could fit. Finger or Erdtree seal would work.

Now the tricky part, the spells. Gandalf is mainly associated with fire and light, including in the movie. So mainly Faith. Which would make the staff pretty useless but we can still work on that. Glintstone Peeble is the basic sorcery offensive spell and we could add Starlight since he often uses spells to light up dark areas with his staff. Wouldn't go that far up with sorcery but good enough I believe. Incantations could include Flame Sling and Giantsflame Take Thee. He could also get Rejection (to imitate telekinetic blasts), Radagon's Ring of Light (I guess it can be said to be similar to the light blasts he uses against the Goblins in the first Hobbit movie). Then Lightning Spear, Honed Bolt and Electrify Armement (we see him channeling lightning in his sword and projecting it against the Balrog in the Two Towers flashback). Finally, I would give him some healing incantation since Gandalf represents fire with healing properties instead of the destructive/offensive kind of fire.

So basically, mainly a Faith/Strength build with just the right amount of Int.

Gandalf would be a bit more tricky. Outfit wise, no problem, the Snow Witch Set is almost perfect for him, especially the hat. For the staff, I would give him the Staff of the Loss since it's the closest to the simply a wooden staff feeling. Bastard Sword is similar to Glamdring in looks so it could fit. Finger or Erdtree seal would work.

Now the tricky part, the spells. Gandalf is mainly associated with fire and light, including in the movie. So mainly Faith. Which would make the staff pretty useless but we can still work on that. Glintstone Peeble is the basic sorcery offensive spell and we could add Starlight since he often uses spells to light up dark areas with his staff. Wouldn't go that far up with sorcery but good enough I believe. Incantations could include Flame Sling and Giantsflame Take Thee. He could also get Rejection (to imitate telekinetic blasts), Radagon's Ring of Light (I guess it can be said to be similar to the light blasts he uses against the Goblins in the first Hobbit movie). Then Lightning Spear, Honed Bolt and Electrify Armement (we see him channeling lightning in his sword and projecting it against the Balrog in the Two Towers flashback). Finally, I would give him some healing incantation since Gandalf represents fire with healing properties instead of the destructive/offensive kind of fire.

If you want to go Gandalf but faith edition without a staff, in the Books Gandalf the White often does "magic" by just raising his hands or not even moving. Incantations work pretty well with this, especially considering how much lightning and light stuff there is.

You can use the Staff of the Great Beyond so he can cast fire incants, though its a heavy stat investment.

I wonder how a Marika build could be made. I guess we would get a Faith/Strength build with her hammer. Incantations would include Minor Erdtree and Blessing of the Erdtree (the incantation you get in her bedchamber) at least and probably a bunch of Erdtree and Golden Order Incantations. Radagon's Rings of Light could fit since...well, you know. For the seal, she would probably get the Golden Order Seal. No idea for the outfit though, maybe the one located in Lower Capital Church in Leyndell.

For Sauron, I would take Jolan's armor and use the Great Mace as the main weapon. Build would probably be a mix between Strength, Int and Faith. Sauron is heavily associated with the forge, magma and fire and is also a necromancer. I would give him all Messmer incantations (all of them are based on fire but with an evil, sinister look, and Sauron is also said to control the weather over Mordor and Mount Doom so Rain of Fire would fit). He would also get all Magma Sorceries (except Rykard Rancor), Ancient Death Rancor and Tibia's Summons. The Midra's Flame of Frenzy would be perfect to replicate the Great Eye. I would also give him the Darkness incantation and Poison Mist (since as the Necromancer, his power can poison plants, the environment and living beings). For the staff, he could get the Prince of Death Staff to be as close to the character as possible I guess (it's probably the closest to fit the character). For the seal on the other hand, there's no debate, he would get the Dragon Communion Seal, since it glows red. And, naturally, he would get Mohg's Great Rune. Glows red and...well, look at the rune and guess why :)

So basically, Strength/Faith/Int build, with Int being a bit lower than the rest.
Marika's hammer, sword of elden beast, elden stars, heals, light of miquella, the rings could work

Back