• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Not really, Midra only fights the end game tarnished in his ascended Lord of Frenzy Flame form.
The High 6-A feat only happens after you defeat the Elden Beast. So Midra does not scale that Tarnished in any way.

Midra was too weak to be considered an Elden Lord at the time Nanaya came to him.

Though his process of enduring immense suffering he was able to ascend to a full Lord of Frenzy Flame.
Is there anything that states that? If he was truly on that level, that he would've just burned the entire world by then as that would be the Frenzied Flame's goal.

The High 6-A feat only happens after you defeat the Elden Beast. So Midra does not scale that Tarnished in any way.
The High 6-A feat happens because you become the Lord of Frenzy Flame not because you do anything with the ER or the EB, which is explicitly stated to be what Midra turns into once he removes the barbed sword from himself (it's literally his boss name and his remembrance name)
Is there anything that states that? If he was truly on that level, that he would've just burned the entire world by then as that would be the Frenzied Flame's goal.
Yes its in his remembrance's name. I dont see any reason he wouldnt scale to us as the Lord of Frenzy Flame if he is also one during his boss fight.

He has only just turned into a Lord when we encounter him. Even the Tarnished as lord of FF does not 'burn the world' instantly. We see Melina and the world exists on fire for an extended period after the FF ending. I really can't think of any reason Midra as a fellow Lord of FF wouldn't scale to us burning the Erdtree (this is still Low 2-C over time IMO)

Edit: I just realised we are talking about different High 6-A feats, burning the world down over time isn't High 6-A anyway, lord of FF would scale to the burning the Erdtree calc.

The 'burn the world' stuff is burning the entire universe overtime anyway.

Bloodborne largely causes contention because WeeklyBattles and ChaosTheory123 were some of its main stans so people assume it's wanked to high hell by default lol
True. Ya know though, for as much shit weekly caused, he maintained Bloodborne than any other souls game. I respect him for that at least.

And also, honestly, Bloodborne in theory should be higher actually. I mean you’d think for a cosmic horror story, it should be tier 2 at least. Sadly though it’ll probably be stuck in tier 5, or if it’s lucky tier 4, until the end of time lol

I dont know how to feel about the 'a call beyond' calc and stuff.

I actually think its more valid in ER because of the Micrcosm/Macrocosm lore which implies the stars you're creating are a microcosm of the stars in space, meaning they are implied to be real somewhat.
I’d argue the opposite actually, since in Bloodborne it’s more obvious that stars are actually stars. There’s no contention on if they’re meteors or not like in ER
Well elden ring may not need the uncertainty but to be honest I doubt said uncertainty regarding those two feats will be cleared up so why not add one to the pile. Although it's still probably worth it to wait if the bloodborne one gets changed.
As for the frenzy ending we're gonna need a calc for that.

Well they do detonate to deal damage and are portrayed as stars so I don't know how relevant them being magically created is. Also why wouldn't we be able to calculate just them creating a small nebula? Is it the volume of stars that's present or something else?

Anyways don't mind me I'm going to fetch some scans quick fast.
1. Yeah it isn’t the worst idea. I think I’m just salty about doing it cause I’m tired of the whole “are these ACTUALLY stars” discourse.

2. I actually plan on calcing the frenzied Flame eventually. If I had to guess, I’d probably say it’s going to be 6-C? The lands between is really only a few KM in size, so I doubt it’d reach all the way into tier 6.

3. The whole thing with the magic explosion is that it may mean that the explosion is just a magic attack and not a supernova-like release of radiation, which is how the BB calc did it. I could be wrong though, I honestly need to look at exactly how it was done.

4. There was a calc before the current BB calc where they tried to get a feat just off of the GBE of making a star that big, and it came out to like 0.001 joules or something. The only way the GBE of a tiny star would be significant is if it was a neutron star, but that doesn’t really make sense either since we know they explode. That’s why the current BB calc is based off the stars explosion rather than its creation.

I’d argue the opposite actually, since in Bloodborne it’s more obvious that stars are actually stars. There’s no contention on if they’re meteors or not like in ER
This 'contention' is stupid. Meteors are Meteors, Stars are Stars. They are both explicitly different and both exist independently. None of Ymir's dialogue makes any sense if the stars he is talking about are just Meteors.

Roundshield covered in black leather. On the larger side for a
medium-sized shield.

From the north, this shield depicts the polar star in rivets of gold.
The inside is lined with fur, protecting the carrier from frost.

Normal stars explicitly exist, alongside whatever we are calling 'Meteors'

This 'contention' is stupid. Meteors are Meteors, Stars are Stars. They are both explicitly different and both exist independently.
I reccomend looking at the previous threads about this stuff with Radahn’s feat, but basically it’s likely that not all stars in Elden Ring are stars. While there are still actual stars in Elden Ring, there are also sources that reference stars when they are actually talking about meteors. It’s a bit confusing tbh.

True. Ya know though, for as much shit weekly caused, he maintained Bloodborne than any other souls game. I respect him for that at least.

And also, honestly, Bloodborne in theory should be higher actually. I mean you’d think for a cosmic horror story, it should be tier 2 at least. Sadly though it’ll probably be stuck in tier 5, or if it’s lucky tier 4, until the end of time lol
Honestly Weekly did well to maintain both Dark Souls and Bloodborne, so even despite their conduct issues, frequent bias, and smattering of faulty calcs, I still have some amount of respect for them

I reccomend looking at the previous threads about this stuff with Radahn’s feat, but basically it’s likely that not all stars in Elden Ring are stars. While there are still actual stars in Elden Ring, there are also sources that reference stars when they are actually talking about meteors. It’s a bit confusing tbh.
I have read all of the threads regarding this and I have participated in all of them arguing against it.

there are also sources that reference stars when they are actually talking about meteors. It’s a bit confusing tbh.
I mean tbf that shit's kinda the case for astrology and astronomy predating the advent of high-powered telescopes that could differentiate between stars and other astral bodies, which Elden Ring is based upon (with the added stipulation that the developers and lorewriters have the benefit of hindsight and can distinguish between them however vaguely even whilst calling non-stellar astral bodies "stars")

I really dont find it all that confusing. It's not uncommon for any celestial object to be referred too as a 'Star' in numerous fictional universes. It's how any low tech society would describe such occurrences (where the Carians evidently had the technology to actually scientifically observe them and their movements)

I think it’s implied that Midra is on the level of being a lord of frenzied flame, but he did not claim the title for some external reason. Because we do not know why he was considered too weak (whether he fought someone more powerful that stopped him, or if he was mentally weak and unwilling to become the lord, etc.) we can’t say for sure it was specifically because of his actual physical power.
Edit: I just realised we are talking about different High 6-A feats, burning the world down over time isn't High 6-A anyway, lord of FF would scale to the burning the Erdtree calc.
I Lowkey hate that calc I did lol. Once I get the actual Lord of Frenzied Flame ending calc done I’ll probably remove it and just have the calc of the Flame of Ruin consuming the tree up as a mid to late game feat for the tarnished.

Honestly Weekly did well to maintain both Dark Souls and Bloodborne, so even despite their conduct issues, frequent bias, and smattering of faulty calcs, I still have some amount of respect for them
Okay his bloodborne stuff was okay, but his dark souls scaling was ******* ass. He downplayed so many characters claiming that it was intended that the Ashen one would go to Archdragon peak and the ringed city before fighting abyss watchers, or that the fact that you could downplayed those characters.

I really dont find it all that confusing. It's not uncommon for any celestial object to be referred too as a 'Star' in numerous fictional universes. It's how any low tech society would describe such occurrences (where the Carians evidently had the technology to actually scientifically observe them and their movements)
Listen man you’re preaching to the choir lol. It’s mostly Bambu and a few others who have contentions (although I don’t entirely disagree with them, I just lean more towards the other side).

Yeah, it is what happened after getting rot inflicted for years if not decades
Even decades is a bit of a lowball. Most of the lives across The Lands Between have implicitly far exceeded their natural span, compounding with constant warfare as the reason that many have become rabid madmen whose first and only response to your presence is violence (plus most of them are mute aside from war cries)
Also GRRM stated that the lore he wrote (which went up until The Knight of Black Knives) takes place 5000 years before the game. While this is most likely a dismissive hyperbole, it still stands that it's been a long-ass time (by everyone's reckoning) since everything went to shit.

Okay his bloodborne stuff was okay, but his dark souls scaling was ******* ass. He downplayed so many characters claiming that it was intended that the Ashen one would go to Archdragon peak and the ringed city before fighting abyss watchers, or that the fact that you could downplayed those characters.
No argument there.
and **** 'em for downplaying Everlasting Dragons to Tier 6 when the drake that performed the Tier 6 feat did it casually and was ontologically and considerably inferior to them. Also where tf is my Tier 2 First Flame

No argument there.
and **** 'em for downplaying Everlasting Dragons to Tier 6 when the drake that performed the Tier 6 feat did it casually and was ontologically and considerably inferior to them. Also where tf is my Tier 2 First Flame
FF should be Low 2-C EE over time for Tarnished/Frenzied Flame lords. Not that it matters its over time if its Low 2-C

Not really, Midra only fights the end game tarnished in his ascended Lord of Frenzy Flame form.

Midra was too weak to be considered an Elden Lord at the time Nanaya came to him.

Though his process of enduring immense suffering he was able to ascend to a full Lord of Frenzy Flame.
Seconded on all points, his placement in the Tarnished's to-do list, the amount of time he's been steadily losing his mind from constant agony, and the fact that he's got the fuqn black hole head all point to him being powerful enough atp to be a bona fide Lord of Frenzied Flame

No argument there.
LITERALLY. Honestly Dark Souls desperately needs help in general. In terms of Fromsoft verses, it’s pages are only slightly better than Demon’s Souls just because they aren’t ancient as hell lol.

Man what have I started lol.

So are the astel and elden beast nebula creation feats up for consideration or are we past that now?

Man what have I started lol.

So are the astel and elden beast nebula creation feats up for consideration or are we past that now?
Haha it’s all good. I tend to ramble.

Ill keep them in mind, but like we said before it’s probably best we hold off to see what happens with the BB calc if it may or may not get changed soon.

The 'burn the world' stuff is burning the entire universe overtime anyway.
It isn't overtime, we see happen pretty instantly. Plus why would it be the universe? That doesn't make any sense with what we're shown in the game.

It isn't overtime, we see happen pretty instantly. Plus why would it be the universe? That doesn't make any sense with what we're shown in the game.
The Frenzied Flame's whole deal is burning Creation with a capital C down into a primordial soup. There's a whole world outside The Lands Between and a cosmos beyond, wouldn't make much sense to leave all that and all the life within it untouched

Okay tier 3 might be a more conservative pick, and personally I’d rather go with Uni+, but how the hell would it be Multi+
FromSoft tends to justify multi-player with multiverses (such as how the fading of the First Flame ****** up time and space, leading to the many worlds of which the players and summonable NPCs occupy, and implicitly explains the lack of day/night cycle and radically different times of day/night in areas that are a 10 minute walk from each other). You could make such a claim on similar grounds given how the Elden Ring is effectively the conceptual blueprint of the Elden Ring verse

I mean it explicitly doesn't? We burn the Erdtree with the flame and the world is fine but burning slowly over time with the implication that eventually the entire universe/timeline would boil down to nothing.

I'll still take that over the God Tiers being ******* Low 7-B and therefore likely JJK victims

FromSoft tends to justify multi-player with multiverses (such as how the fading of the First Flame ****** up time and space, leading to the many worlds of which the players and summonable NPCs occupy, and implicitly explains the lack of day/night cycle and radically different times of day/night in areas that are a 10 minute walk from each other). You could make such a claim on similar grounds given how the Elden Ring is effectively the conceptual blueprint of the Elden Ring verse
A lot of the Multiversal stuff in Dark Souls is actually a misinterpretation of Solaire’s dialogue in DS1. Smough town made a good video on the flow of time in the DS universe, but to make a long story short, the idea of us finding players from different worlds in the game is actually a byproduct of time becoming stagnant from the first flame fading. Instead of worlds colliding together, it’s more like time itself is layered on top of each other, and warriors from different eras are appearing near each other.

In ER, there’s even less evidence that invaders and cooperators come from other worlds, since it leans more heavily into the idea of an interconnected world with various factions and NPCs warring with each other.

A lot of the Multiversal stuff in Dark Souls is actually a misinterpretation of Solaire’s dialogue in DS1. Smough town made a good video on the flow of time in the DS universe, but to make a long story short, the idea of us finding players from different worlds in the game is actually a byproduct of time becoming stagnant from the first flame fading. Instead of worlds colliding together, it’s more like time itself is layered on top of each other, and warriors from different eras are appearing near each other.
I disagree on it being a "misinterpretation", more a differing interpretation
That still doesn't account for the various PCs whose timelines likely run parallel to each other, as they all face the same foes and undertake the same core journey with some deviations. I'd liken the Dark Souls flow of time to a mirror; all one piece when whole and working as intended, but scattered into innumerable separate shards when it all hits the fan.
I'd also argue that time being so closely layered atop itself that people in different positions within the timeline can interact with near-complete freedom would also accurately be described as worlds and times colliding together.
In ER, there’s even less evidence that invaders and cooperators come from other worlds, since it leans more heavily into the idea of an interconnected world with various factions and NPCs warring with each other.
Dimensional separation has never stopped a good war in fantasy, look at D&D and The Cthulhu Mythos and The Legendarium and The Elder Scrolls and World of Darkness and Drakenier and The Witcher and The Dark Tower and Warhammer

The Frenzied Flame's whole deal is burning Creation with a capital C down into a primordial soup. There's a whole world outside The Lands Between and a cosmos beyond, wouldn't make much sense to leave all that and all the life within it untouched
Where's the primordial soup thing from? Secondly, most of the events of the game within the lands between, there's not much to go off to say the Frenzied Flame would affect that much outside of the planet.

I mean it explicitly doesn't? We burn the Erdtree with the flame and the world is fine but burning slowly over time with the implication that eventually the entire universe/timeline would boil down to nothing.
We see everything getting burned down outside of the erdtree during the ending cutscene. Nothing about it is suggesting space time, let alone the cosmos is getting affected.

Where's the primordial soup thing from? Secondly, most of the events of the game within the lands between, there's not much to go off to say the Frenzied Flame would affect that much outside of the planet.
"Burn the Erdtree to the ground, and incinerate all that divides and distinguishes.
Ahhh, may chaos take the world!
May chaos take the world!"
- Shabriri

"All that there is came from the One Great.
Then came fractures, and births, and souls.
But the Greater Will made a mistake.
Torment, despair, affliction... every sin, every curse.
Every one, born of the mistake.
And so, what was borrowed must be returned.
Melt it all away, with the yellow chaos flame.
Until all is One again."
- Hyetta

The core goal of Chaos/The Frenzied Flame is to melt away all division and distinction, to return everything into a state of indistinguishable union; the One Great. Note that neither Shabriri nor Hyetta excludes anything beyond The Lands Between, in fact Hyetta states quite the opposite in her opening sentence (and this is her speaking immediately after she's received revelation straight from the horse's mouth), and Shabriri (who has the most direct connection to Chaos aside from Hyetta and LoFF) specifically means for Chaos to consume the entire world

Hyettas dialogue?
We see everything getting burned down outside of the erdtree during the ending cutscene. Nothing about it is suggesting space time, let alone the cosmos is getting affected.
Yeh sure except it is clearly happening over time.

The FF is heavily implied to burn away all distinctions and dualities to return the universe back to an eternal oneness (The One Great)

Back