• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

I mean the only thing that can be argued is that its the elden ring itself and missing some runes would lead to it being weaker but here is the deal, the tarnished just beat the ever living shiТ out of an elden lord and a god and after all of that they went on to fight the elden beast and beat it, even if we say it is somewhat weakened by the lack of some of the runes (and far from all as we see the elden ring is still mainly intact) so the tarnished is still considerably above everyone in the setting (who isn't an outer god that is) elden beast included.

fair, although a god with a lord is still likely superior to marika by her lonesome (I am not counting radagon since same person and all that) as miquella went through the same process as marika and has his lord to fully channel that divine power which should put the duo above marika by herself, elden beast is debatable and as you pointed out it is higher on that divinity scale than miq and would be stronger when at full power, now if its stronger than a newly born god with its lord (which basically would mean that their current power is like that of an unshattered elden ring although) in its current weakened state due to the lack of 8 great runes is more up to debate, if we put it at its full power with all the runes back in place then yeah it should be above miq and radahn duo.

the tarnished is still substentially above all of them and the beast is likley the only thing that could rival the tarnished if it is fully restored.
Miquella being a god when we defeat him doesn't necessarily mean he's on the same level as the Beast or above, even with Radahn. I've seen people arguing the "God Slain" message at the end was proof of that but it's really not when you think about it. It's not a measure of power, it's a fact, Miquella literally IS a god at this point. It's what he is at the moment, he's definitely stronger than demigods but that doesn't make him as strong as a living concept. Even visually, I mean, Miquella's attacks are spectacular but they're only light explosions and pillars. By contrast, the Beast basically summons exploding nebulae, star clusters, runes and even the Elden Ring itself. It's not a statement of power level but from a visual standpoint, it's there to tell us the Beast is more ethereal, more of a cosmic force than the rest of the game.

Also, in terms of timeline, we fight Miquella and Radahn before we fight Godfrey. At this point, Miquella is a god and has Radahn at his side and we still defeat them. They're logically superior to Godfrey, yet he's still a good match for the Tarnished at this point and right after defeating him, we go straight for Radagon/the Beast. So the timeline here is: God Miquella & Radahn -> Godfrey -> Radagon/the Beast. Meaning that, in essence, Miquella and Radahn are essentially "only" comparable to Godfrey.
Miquella and resurrected Radahn are definitely in the top of the setting with Maliketh, Godfrey, Marika, Radagon and the Beast (don't count the Tarnished because it's obvious) but I don't see them being comparable to the literal incarnation of the Elden Ring itself, even if we go by the idea it was weakened (for the record, the Beast has some scar/crack on its body when we face it and it's clear it was already there so yeah, it adds credence to the weakened idea)

To me, the FF ending is about ending all of existence itself. If we go by the idea the GW is basically the equivalent of the Big Bang and the incarnation of the universe itself, then the FF is essentially the equivalent of the Big Crunch.
From what the ending shows us, the Erdtree is almost instantly burned and the LB follow closely. To me yeah, the greater, universal-ending effect is over time but the LB are pretty much literally roasted in an instant
we still need to calc it to give our boy another tier cuse I can see it being like 6-Bish from both ripping the mountain sized tree open through melting it and turning the sky oranage near instantly

(btw strongest character we get to see lord of FF tarnished, I have no ducking clue on how malenia wants to kill it)

Miquella being a god when we defeat him doesn't necessarily mean he's on the same level as the Beast or above, even with Radahn.
oh no he by himself isn't on the level of the full elden beast, its just its debatable if the weakened elden beast is as strong as both radahn and miquella together.
I've seen people arguing the "God Slain" message at the end was proof of that but it's really not when you think about it. It's not a measure of power, it's a fact, Miquella literally IS a god at this point. It's what he is at the moment, he's definitely stronger than demigods but that doesn't make him as strong as a living concept. Even visually, I mean, Miquella's attacks are spectacular but they're only light explosions and pillars. By contrast, the Beast basically summons exploding nebulae, star clusters, runes and even the Elden Ring itself. It's not a statement of power level but from a visual standpoint, it's there to tell us the Beast is more ethereal, more of a cosmic force than the rest of the game.
I mean the point of "it looks more impressive" is kinda meh since we treat metyr as worse than elden beast and the top tiers and she has the whole nebulae thing, macrocosm thing, oh and a black hole/gamma ray blast.
The main reason that elden beast at its best is superior to freciquella and radahn is its superiority to merika at her best and we can at most say that miquella and radahn are equal to merika and godfrey during the age of the erdtree.
Also, in terms of timeline, we fight Miquella and Radahn before we fight Godfrey. At this point, Miquella is a god and has Radahn at his side and we still defeat them. They're logically superior to Godfrey, yet he's still a good match for the Tarnished at this point and right after defeating him, we go straight for Radagon/the Beast.
So the timeline here is: God Miquella & Radahn -> Godfrey -> Radagon/the Beast. Meaning that, in essence, Miquella and Radahn are essentially "only" comparable to Godfrey.
I honestly don't vibe with the timeline argument at all, like we fight Radahn prior to fighting the draconic sentinel outside the capital does that make that guy's as strong as a demi god? nah I don't buy that. I go more by direct statements and narrative implications, say the fire giant, if we didn't have direct statements of its strength putting it at top of demi god tier would be questionable but we have direct statements, maliketh has outright statements of being feared by all the demi gods putting him way beyond the demi god tier and him being the boss right before godfrey and the gods makes him comparable to the god tiers, Godfrey through being able to fight us right before the fight with radagon and the elden beast and his direct claim to being elden lord with the showdown between him and the tarnished basically being the main factor on who will take the throne puts him at that god tier level, radagon and Merika are self explanatory same with the elden beast.

The narrative on Radahn and Miquella is that its a confrontation between the chosen lord of the erdtree (us) at our peak against the lord of the new order and its god (R&M) which funnily enough would put the empowered Radahn at the level of godfrey and then we slap the full strength of Miquella on top of that basically putting to 9s against a 10, we win they lose, but it is more debatable if those two together could take the elden beast as it is weakened (if its at full power only the tarnished is capable of killing it).
Miquella and resurrected Radahn are definitely in the top of the setting with Maliketh, Godfrey, Marika, Radagon and the Beast (don't count the Tarnished because it's obvious) but I don't see them being comparable to the literal incarnation of the Elden Ring itself, even if we go by the idea it was weakened (for the record, the Beast has some scar/crack on its body when we face it and it's clear it was already there so yeah, it adds credence to the weakened idea)
I mean what gives credence to the weakened Idea is that the beast is the elden ring and the ring is missing 9 great runes.

Last edited:
I don't agree with Miquella and Radhan being stronger than the Elden Beast but I do agree with what sir sun said about the way we treat the timeline in the game. I feel like we lean too much on it as opposed to narrative and contextual scaling.

we still need to calc it to give our boy another tier cuse I can see it being like 6-Bish from both ripping the mountain sized tree open through melting it and turning the sky oranage near instantly

(btw strongest character we get to see lord of FF tarnished, I have no ducking clue on how malenia wants to kill it)
Oh yeah, definitely need a calc (especially since I intend to make a Frenzied Flame profile and already have a blog for it)

About Melina, she talks about Destined Death so she seems to have access to it, which would lead credence to the idea she's the Gloam Eyed Queen so she definitely has some mean to oppose the Lord of the FF

About Metyr, we put her below because she has no notable statement of power or feat. And her abilities are visually less impressive than the Beast, then again it's just a visual standpoint

About Melina, she talks about Destined Death so she seems to have access to it, which would lead credence to the idea she's the Gloam Eyed Queen so she definitely has some mean to oppose the Lord of the FF
I mean she is, lets be honest she is the gloam eye'd queen, she has that same naming gimick as the other kids of merika and radagon, Miquella, Messmer, Malenia, Melina and much like the 3 out of the 4 of those kids the gloam eye'd queen was an empyrean and then we slap the destined death on it all and there you go gloam eye'd queen. The thing about here opposing the lord of FF is way more questionable though, not only since the FF seems to have similar abilities to DD with burning souls but the tarnished as the lord has already fought DD and won out in the end while he was weaker and now she is directly powered by FF god, melina stands no chance in hell since she has already lost to maliketh in the past and now she is up against a being 5 rungs higher than maliketh on the power ladder.

Can we talk about how Gaius is an Albinauric and his armor has legs? And you get the legs from the Albinauric shack set after him? Whoever made it up has a sick sense of humor

Can we talk about how Gaius is an Albinauric and his armor has legs? And you get the legs from the Albinauric shack set after him? Whoever made it up has a sick sense of humor
Probably the first victim of his hog charge or smth. Interesting that a lady Albinauric had it.

true and the other dark part is this
gaiuss_greaves_legs_elden_ring_shadow_of_the_erdtree_dlc_wiki_guide_200px.png

look a little em... a little....
71wEZkyQcYL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

it looks like ******* wheel chair pants alright?

Tbf, the mini-GRB if taken at face value is 5-A, which is lower than a crippled Radahn holding stuff back. The Microcosm is also small, so it's not worth anything.
Interesting that a lady Albinauric had it.
Maybe it's his wife/gf playing a prank on him.

But to be real since most people are Anti-Albinauric it was probably a mean noble or something.

Alright here's some more power scaling questions

1. The Radagon that Prime Rennala scales to is Pre Godhood version right? So yall think we should give him 2 keys in the upcoming CRTs?

2. Will Placidusax, Fortissax and the Fire Giant pictures in the Legends category finally get profiles?

3. If Prime Ranni ( who is supposed to have the potential to ascend to godhood ) were to be given a profile...where would yall say she scales to among the Demigods?

4. What's the highest scaling you got for the verse so far? Me I think you can argue at least Low 2-C depending how you argue the Elden Beast dimension feat and something about the elden ring ( which is just basically a fraction of itself ) being able to control all of reality? And then ofc anyone who scales like Godfrey, Radagon and Marika would also get a similar rating

1. The Radagon that Prime Rennala scales to is Pre Godhood version right? So yall think we should give him 2 keys in the upcoming CRTs?
possibly? we don't exactly know how the whole 2 people in one effects the power of each side
2. Will Placidusax, Fortissax and the Fire Giant pictures in the Legends category finally get profiles?
at one point or another
3. If Prime Ranni ( who is supposed to have the potential to ascend to godhood ) were to be given a profile...where would yall say she scales to among the Demigods?
she is an empyrean but that doesn't give her any direct power just the potential to ascend to godhood nothing more so she would just be 7-A possibly high 4C
4. What's the highest scaling you got for the verse so far? Me I think you can argue at least Low 2-C depending how you argue the Elden Beast dimension feat and something about the elden ring ( which is just basically a fraction of itself ) being able to control all of reality? And then ofc anyone who scales like Godfrey, Radagon and Marika would also get a similar rating
the highest scaling is that of the greater will depending on how the microcosm discription is to be used, it will either result in above baseline low 2-C or anything from 2-C to 2-B for the outer god (does not scale to anything else)

We'll talk about it then.
Eventually though Placidusax and Fortissax will definitely have two separate keys for their pre-nerf/amp versions respectively.

Depends on what's decided later.

Eventually though Placidusax and Fortissax will definitely have two separate keys for their pre-nerf/amp versions respectively.
I get Placidusax, but I don't think Fortissax would require two keys since its only scaling is going to Scarlet Rot Radahn and Godwyn doesn't have any hard implication of being leagues stronger than Morgott afaik.

Though for Placidusax I think both keys would have the same rating.

I get Placidusax, but I don't think Fortissax would require two keys since its only scaling is going to Scarlet Rot Radahn and Godwyn doesn't have any hard implication of being leagues stronger than Morgott afaik.
I'm more so referring to how Fortissax wasn't infected by the Deathblight yet and couldn't use any of that, mostly just being a regular Ancient Dragon like Lansseax and not a LichDragon.
Pretty much, though Placidusax could get an optional empowerment amp via Florissax sacrificing her Dragon form to help him defeat Bayle.

How strong is the Ancient Dragon Man in your guys' opinions? I thought seeing him was pretty neat as it implied this is the true successful result of Dragon Communion rather than a Magma Wyrm.

He's made himself the measure by which one would be worthy to face Bayle in battle. So, he should downscale, if significantly, from the latter I think.

possibly? we don't exactly know how the whole 2 people in one effects the power of each side

at one point or another

she is an empyrean but that doesn't give her any direct power just the potential to ascend to godhood nothing more so she would just be 7-A possibly high 4C

the highest scaling is that of the greater will depending on how the microcosm discription is to be used, it will either result in above baseline low 2-C or anything from 2-C to 2-B for the outer god (does not scale to anything else)
Ranni at least has a good feat, she defeated Adula in personal combat and Adula became her sworn knight and Adula is fought right after Astiel, so yeah she's gonna be 7-A, possibly High 4-C but no higher I think (also, I volunteer for her profile if that's okay, somebody else was supposed to make it but it didn't happen)

fortissax needs only 1 key I suppose since we don't know how strong he was prior to the whole litch dragon thing so we'll just slap him with that single key and be done with it.

Placi needs two keys: pre-bayle and post bayle fight as he is heavily damaged by bayle and missing 3 heads (although he only had 4 in the bayle fight) and is all types of messed up

he will still be 7-A possibly 4-A due to his narrative scaling but prime will simply be a bit higher.

fortissax needs only 1 key I suppose since we don't know how strong he was prior to the whole litch dragon thing so we'll just slap him with that single key and be done with it.
I'm more so referring to how Fortissax wasn't infected by the Deathblight yet and couldn't use any of that, mostly just being a regular Ancient Dragon like Lansseax and not a LichDragon.

Pretty much, though Placidusax could get an optional empowerment amp via Florissax sacrificing her Dragon form to help him defeat Bayle.

Back