• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dungeons and Dragons: Tell me about a fantasy race. I'll either port it to D&D, or tell you a race similar enough to it.

I... suppose? I don't know if playing as what is essentially a bomb is exactly wise but hey, I'll be making the Weeping Angels and by default they will be unplayable due to being unable to function while anybody sees them, so.
I think that's just extreme rogue.

deavites from scp. They are a brutal race that increase their life with magic. Their main form of magic is blood magic. They have a magic book in present time that rewrites the past everytime it is read. Each time the daevites avoiding doom. Their main god is the scarlet king.

The Shokan from Mortal Kombat.

They're a race of four armed humanoids native to Outworld with very long lifespans that can span up to thousands of years (i'd say that this might be due to the fact that Outworld's flow of time is different). The fire that they breathe comes from the lineage that they share with the dragons of the MK verse, but some have more precise mastery that allows them to project it through their hands to manifest different types of flame attacks. Besides that, they are somewhat capable of learning simple magic spells, such as shooting a destructive green energy orb (that's it lol). Some Shokan have a powerful breath that can suck in nearby enemies that aren't heavier than the average human.

Besides powers, they have a unique fighting style that allows them to use more than one pair of arms in battle, allowing them to block and attack simultaneously They also stomp the shit out of people when they leap several meters high into the air. They seem to be swayed by politics, but not necessarily controlled by it, being either hostile or neutral depending on what leader (or Kahn) is currently ruling them.

Shokan seem neat. Probably gonna be a wee bit overpowered due to the multiple limbs thing but I can balance that, I think.

oh boy

ugh, I guess, Viltrumites from Invincible

Their main gimmick is that they are humanoid and share the appearance, but they're made up of Smart atoms, which give them their powers. Under extreme heat, these smart atoms do break down, so that's a damage vunerability right there.

In terms of abilities, they can fly and adapt to nearly any environment. They also age slower the older they get, resulting in them living untold thousands upon thousands of years assuming they aren't killed by brute force, which is already difficult considering they can continue functioning even when taking immense damage

Other than that I don't think there's anything, even if I also in turn dunno how you'd balance it but I'm not inclined to that sort of thing myself so
tON6MSp.png

Gave it a go. I decided to forego the fire vulnerability as an outright damage vulnerability, instead going with fire just negating healing capabilities. This race is primarily a Barbarian focused one I feel, since healing and rage mode both play extremely well with the Barbarian's own suite of abilities. Ironic, though, given they are lawfully-inclined. Could also work for an extremely buff monk, perhaps, given they naturally get enhanced natural weapons.

Since this one doesn't have subraces, I can actually post this one publicly to D&D Beyond, so uh

Any idea what Bloodsuckers from Darkest Dungeon would be like?

Fuxi Race from Rise of Humanity is pretty neat. Think of their aspect as the Lamia Nobles from D&D just with additional things on them.

They have a third eye (Fuxi Divine Eye) which lets them see through all illusions and see the truth amidst falsities which also lets them break all things before their vision as in seeing how things truly work to reveal their "truth" which makes it easier to see the flaws within.

They don't walk but they use their tails to control the air to fly cause walking is not something a Celestial Race should do. Of course, they can use it also to swim through the earth cause why not. For the stronger Fuxi, their serpent tail bestows them with the ability to travel through the Void and Reality.

A Fuxi has dragon scales up to their chest which possesses immense defensive capabilities and have the ability to reflect everything be it attacks of any kind and even reflect on the scales like a mirror the weaknesses of the enemy.

Because they are a Celestial Race they release a natural holy aura from their body. They have a natural affinity to lightning because the first Fuxi is the child of Nuwa (Snake-woman) and Leize Dragon (A dragon made pure of lightning at the beginning of the Universe).

Their bones are said to be really strong making them formidable warriors and their heart pumps divine blood through the body increasing their vitality and prowess in battle.

Because of those characteristics of their bloodline, they were Gods of War but at the same time because they were too dangerous they were killed by other races that planned against them by reincarnating in their race and attack from within.

Last edited:
tON6MSp.png

Gave it a go. I decided to forego the fire vulnerability as an outright damage vulnerability, instead going with fire just negating healing capabilities. This race is primarily a Barbarian focused one I feel, since healing and rage mode both play extremely well with the Barbarian's own suite of abilities. Ironic, though, given they are lawfully-inclined. Could also work for an extremely buff monk, perhaps, given they naturally get enhanced natural weapons.
They don't really heal faster per say but, yeah this is mostly on point.

Fuxi Race from Rise of Humanity is pretty neat. Think of their aspect as the Lamia Nobles from D&D just with additional things on them.

They have a third eye (Fuxi Divine Eye) which lets them see through all illusions and see the truth amidst falsities which also lets them break all things before their vision as in seeing how things truly work to reveal their "truth" which makes it easier to see the flaws within.

They don't walk but they use their tails to control the air to fly cause walking is not something a Celestial Race should do. Of course, they can use it also to swim through the earth cause why not. For the stronger Fuxi, their serpent tail bestows them with the ability to travel through the Void and Reality.

A Fuxi has dragon scales up to their chest which possesses immense defensive capabilities and have the ability to reflect everything be it attacks of any kind and even reflect on the scales like a mirror the weaknesses of the enemy.

Because they are a Celestial Race they release a natural holy aura from their body. They have a natural affinity to lightning because the first Fuxi is the child of Nuwa (Snake-woman) and Leize Dragon (A dragon made pure of lightning at the beginning of the Universe).

Their bones are said to be really strong making them formidable warriors and their heart pumps divine blood through the body increasing their vitality and prowess in battle.

Because of those characteristics of their bloodline, they were Gods of War but at the same time because they were too dangerous they were killed by other races that planned against them by reincarnating in their race and attack from within.
I can try, but I hope you understand that a lot of this probably can't be balanced. Fuxi Divine Eye is truesight, which is incredibly busted. Could add it as innate spellcasting that they get late? These certainly sound more like a monster than a player race but I will see what I can do.

I can try, but I hope you understand that a lot of this probably can't be balanced. Fuxi Divine Eye is truesight, which is incredibly busted. Could add it as innate spellcasting that they get late? These certainly sound more like a monster than a player race but I will see what I can do.
Oh yeah, I understand, just adapt how you think it will fit. Well, they are you could say monsters since originally they were born like that but later because of a guy who wanted all of them dead and any possibility that another will appear to disappear he made a curse that with each generation their Fuxi blood will thin till it will be completely erased from the Universe - till they become nothing more than humans. Around one million years later, there is no Fuxi but Human. In-verse you could say that there was no human race till then...later of course as the story progresses they unlock more and more of their sealed bloodline and acquire said ability/characteristics from above. Like at 10% usually they awaken the Divine Eye, at 20% they unlock the Heart, at 40% they unlock the Bones/Scales and tails. At 80% they unlock the entire form and a greater power while at 100% is just power. But of course is not that simple to reach that.

Regarding them being a player, well they can change to look like a human with legs and without the scales but this is more because most if not all Celestial Races can shapeshift. But, anyway, this is beyond the OP I've put. Just try to adapt how you think it will fit, doesn't matter if the True Sight is nerfed or not....but if you don't think it works then I can think of another race...but usually those that I like are more monster-like cause usually humans are everywhere not that unique.

Well i am gona do based on the favorite verse of the wiki

8 Bit theather

Helluva boss/Hazbin hotel

Races: demons
Class: Imps

Bassically Demons and they have a hierarchy the higher the hierarchy the stronger they are. The imps are pretty much the average joe of the hierarchy

They are also super tanky Bordeline inmortality kinda?, have Limited pyrokenesis and some sort of resistances to fire and some can fly and dies to holy weapons and holy things in general i would post images but they vary so..

MCpznR4.png

I stayed up for too long making this. Similar to the Tieflings, but ultimately distinct. They'd make good sorcerers and warlocks, holy aversion means they should avoid fighting the divine at all costs. I rather like it because while it is a major weakness, it is not so simple or devastating as just slapping a vulnerability on there. Since the race itself isn't too insane I could add everything without much nerfing as far as I can tell, though I will say fire immunity and flight make this a hefty race.

Your race is published, my friend.

Let's try Worm.

Basically they are like changeling, except they are alien, bugs people. They can instantly shapeshift into any person they saw and copies their memories and emotions by a glance. They have two stage in their live. They can copy their looks but not their scent, the natural heat of the creature for example. They will also try to murder the person they have mimicked as they considered the person they have copied "a part of themselves" and try to reclaim it.

Salis: Basically the basic grunts among the bunch and Pupa form. With the same abilities as above paragraph without much change. However, under high stress or give them enough time to not be disturb nor notice by anyone they goes to stage two.

Molt: All hell break lose. The worm now have the ability to goes near sub-light speed. Plus whatever arthropod/insects they based on

Last edited:
Huh, neat idea. Let's see uh, how about Abyss Builders from Ergenverse?

Aside from the standard superhuman physical capabilities and ability to utilize the verse's magic system, they have three abilities unique to their race.

First would be Time Reversal, which as the name implies allows them to rewind time for several moments.

The next would be Possession, which allows them to take over a body of another species down to their very soul, while still maintaining their faculties in their own bodies. This gives them multiple bodies that function in a way akin to clones with one mind and allows them to find the most powerful races to inhabit. Eventually, they can even merge the bodies together to gain all of those races unique abilities while resolving their own flaws. The Possession also extends to trees, animals and for more powerful members, planets, stars and even universes can become extensions of themselves.

Third would be an Abyssal World, which is essentially a pocket world within them that allows them to resurrect others, among other things. Though almost no members can actually pull this off due to being too weak.

Other than them, there's the Mourning Death Clan.

They originated from within a Harmonious Morus Alba, a higher-dimensional creature that's basically a butterfly large enough to hold within it several space-time continuums.

They mainly have the ability to merge with the laws of reality upon birth, which grants them Omniscience. One member managed to outsmart and trap within his schemes, higher order abstract beings with unmatched control over reality and its laws as well as omnipresence across the entirety of a 5-dimensional space-time.

Additionally, they're nonexistent in the conventional sense and are able to convert others and their attacks to nothingness.

Last edited:
PaRPEiL.png

@XSOULOFCINDERX Howdy, I didn't totally abandon the thread. This is what I could come up with from scrounging the wiki articles. Considered giving them a Diclonii virus ability, didn't because it seems like something that just literally will never come up in a standard campaign.

You can find the race published on D&DBeyond via the link below. Use it to yer heart's content should you ever play D&D.

Thinking on it, I'd be tempted to give their Vector Hands increasing damage as time goes on- start at d6, then slowly increase to d12 by level 17. Oh well.

@Jackythejack As requested, the Centurion. I did my best to make them statistically relevant, I think they're a fairly good meta race.

5jSO2G1.png

I went a bit more in detail for these guys. Figure I should start doing that for others, too. They'd most likely make decent casters of some kind, ironically, since they have Charisma buffs and free light armor proficiency (which can negate the need for Mage Armor, thus saving spell slots!). I should note that Phalanx Formation makes them particularly potent spellcasters because it does not apply solely to weapons- that goes for spell attacks, too.

Hope this is good enough. Enjoy, the published race can be found below:

@Jackythejack As requested, the Centurion. I did my best to make them statistically relevant, I think they're a fairly good meta race.

5jSO2G1.png

I went a bit more in detail for these guys. Figure I should start doing that for others, too. They'd most likely make decent casters of some kind, ironically, since they have Charisma buffs and free light armor proficiency (which can negate the need for Mage Armor, thus saving spell slots!). I should note that Phalanx Formation makes them particularly potent spellcasters because it does not apply solely to weapons- that goes for spell attacks, too.

Hope this is good enough. Enjoy, the published race can be found below:
Of what series is that based on???

Hah, not tired. I just often forget, especially if it isn't spoken on much. Also doesn't help that I didn't really understand the SCP-4000 suggestion posted above. I'll probably need to just read the article, but I never got around to it.

I guess you could compare them to some random mindless undead, but I wanna know what D&D race is the closest to the marked men of the Divide.

They were normal humans who were once soldiers of two factions that hated each other, until many massive storms skinned them alive, while the radiation from multiple detonated warheads irradiated their bodies, turning them into zombie-like beings with no skin whatsoever. After they were turned into these humanoids, they decided to become buddies for whatever reason, and now hunt ordinary humans that stumble into their humble adobe, irradiated deathclaws, and things that hunt those deathclaws. They are also skilled in using plenty of dangerous weapons, such as energy weapons, flamethrowers, missile launchers and melee weapons that ignore the durability of their opponent's armor.

Hah, not tired. I just often forget, especially if it isn't spoken on much. Also doesn't help that I didn't really understand the SCP-4000 suggestion posted above. I'll probably need to just read the article, but I never got around to it.
they are fae who got their names erased in scp

Back