• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dungeons and Dragons: Tell me about a fantasy race. I'll either port it to D&D, or tell you a race similar enough to it.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
As the title says. Tell me about a fantasy race from your favorite verse- I will try to make it into a playable race for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition. I've made a good few races in my time with 5th Edition, so I'm fairly confident in my ability to deliver. I'll link a couple below. With that said, bear the following in mind:

* 5th Edition isn't about overpowered-ness. If you give me an insane, coked out, super duper OP race, I will try to remain faithful to their concept while also balancing them to be actually usable in D&D.

* Each race will likely only receive a handful of mechanics- typical races, outside of standard shit like establishing their movement speed, maximum age, size, etc, have about 3-4 traits each, more or less depending on how powerful said traits are. For example, Variant Humans are the most OP in terms of the meta, solely based on their single trait where they get a free Feat.

* I make no guarantees I will get your race done. First come, first served- I have a tendency to knock off about a dozen requests and then get lethargic. You can make multiple requests but they will be second priority to other people's requests.

Some examples of my previous work can be found here. Let's hear your suggestions, lads.

The Requests

Last edited:
Tell me about 'em. Generally I'd discourage HST but I'll make an exception for One Piece since Crab likes it.

Basically, they have Fish like characteristics and get stronger when they're submerged in water, so like, in the ocean and that sort.

This is what one of them looks like for reference:
71iIDc8IflL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

He's a shark, so he has the sharp teeth, yadayada.

would it be acceptable to give them a natural weapon for that pointy ass nose or do they not use it like that

would it be acceptable to give them a natural weapon for that pointy ass nose or do they not use it like that
This guy is specifically a shark person so that's like a unique thing for him lol

There can be octopus fishmen as well, basically if it's a fish it can be turned into a man. I just used him as an example.

oh boy

ugh, I guess, Viltrumites from Invincible

Their main gimmick is that they are humanoid and share the appearance, but they're made up of Smart atoms, which give them their powers. Under extreme heat, these smart atoms do break down, so that's a damage vunerability right there.

In terms of abilities, they can fly and adapt to nearly any environment. They also age slower the older they get, resulting in them living untold thousands upon thousands of years assuming they aren't killed by brute force, which is already difficult considering they can continue functioning even when taking immense damage

Other than that I don't think there's anything, even if I also in turn dunno how you'd balance it but I'm not inclined to that sort of thing myself so

Viltrumites might be a bit gamey but a vulnerability to extreme heat could be absolutely devastating since, as you likely know, fire is one of the most common damage types. Still might be too OP though. I'll see what I can do.

Well i am gona do based on the favorite verse of the wiki

8 Bit theather

Helluva boss/Hazbin hotel

Races: demons
Class: Imps

Bassically Demons and they have a hierarchy the higher the hierarchy the stronger they are. The imps are pretty much the average joe of the hierarchy

They are also super tanky Bordeline inmortality kinda?, have Limited pyrokenesis and some sort of resistances to fire and some can fly and dies to holy weapons and holy things in general i would post images but they vary so..

these ******' things

I will consider 'em, since they aren't the HST, but no promises

these ******' things

I will consider 'em, since they aren't the HST, but no promises
Hey 8 bit theather is cool

Umm okay i will search for better races with the diferences of just being humans 2.0 that dies to Holy things And most Shonen things like shaman king or HST.... huh what a coincedence

OK, so this isn't a Fantasy Race but they interest me so here we go.

The Diclonius from Elfen Lied are essentially Humans with Horns and Four 7 Meter Invisible Arms that sprout from their back called Vectors that change how they effect things depending on what Frequency they vibrate on. They can phase through Solid Objects on the lowest, Interact with Objects like Pick them up or Slash them in the middle and blfinally they become visible and explode at the highest. They also have some sort of Hierarchy going by what I vaguely remember with Lucy/Kaede being the Queen Diclonius that can make her horns grow longer to gain even more Vectors that are now even longer and bigger, has Reactive Power Level for whenever her Horns get broken since that would kill any normal Diclonius but it just ***** her up really badly and has a Rage Amp.

I hella doubt I described them accurately so ask Migue79 for a better description.

Anything for Centurions from Kid Icarus? They’re small little winged fellas who work as grunts in Palutena’s army. Theyre weak on their own but have good loyalty and strength in numbers.

Here’s a link to them.

**** it, roblox

Races: Scroom SHROOM
Class: Normal
Verse: Rouge lineage

Basically they are giant shrooms without bones and they are the laughing stocks before they go pseudo iron man

Abilities:
They are inmune to poisions because well... they dont have blood
2. Have better control over nature and get special abilities
3. Can go full iron mode who make it tanky AF

Weakness

Cannot eat food and i dont think it can even consumme things like potions
2. Is a shroom weak physically
Cant lift things very well because of it lack of bones

It is probably just a doubleganger or whatever it is called but SCP-4000 inhabitants, nameless or fae.

I really don't understand the whole name thing but they are described as human but allergic to iron pre imprisonment and all sorts of things post imprisonment most famously a human with a rabbit head technically the current version of nameless is a human however.

Edit: to give a weakness/advantage to the name thing and a reference to true names(yes scp has a version of that) spells cast on someone without a name act as if they are willing.

Last edited:
What's with your hate boner with HST.
Don't like anime much, the HST exemplifies a lot of the shit I don't like about the vast majority of anime. Not that I didn't give it a chance, I actually watched a few seasons of Bleach. Hated it. In addition, the fanbases to these shows tend to be the more toxic in terms of the weebs, generally righteously arguing with one another over the stupidest shit I've ever heard. Genuinely, there are very few pieces of fiction that repulse me more. One Piece, however, has shown itself to be an exception and will be forgiven for the sins of its peers.

I'll make a list of these races being suggested at some point, I've begun work on the Fish-Men (decided to list them on Beyond as "Gyojin" since that's what it says their romanized name is on the One Piece wiki).

Weeping Angel

They look like normal statues of angelic people, but in reality they are hungry monstrosities seeking to drain any source of energy, some deceiving their victims with the voices of the people they had previously killed.

Their greatest strength and, in turn, weakness is that they only move when no one is looking, but they are very silent and can only kill you in the blink of an eye, they mostly attack in packs and trap their victims in circles or closed spaces in order to have an advantage, although they are strong and fast they are hardly harder than the rock so it is possible to destroy it

I mean, look at this guy; extra points due being the son of the embodiment of darkness, being orphan and wanting to annihilate humankind (although to be fair, not all species examples are like that).

he's just anime edgy, which is a different type of edgy, not a greater degree

I dunno how much you know about D&D drow though

they're some ****** up little *****

The Drizzt Do'urden books are probably the best look into drow society as a whole, but some cliffnotes on atrocities that are generally considered okay (trigger warning, I guess, some of these are kinda graphic):

- They are known for raping/torturing their captured slaves/prisoners and generally doing whatever they can to leave lasting trauma from this- an example of this is Artemis Entreri. This isn't always for the purpose of getting information or compliance, they're just sadists, so the goal is psychological and emotional damage.

- They are fanatically loyal to their gods and any transgression against them can lead to genuinely disturbing shit happening, either at the hands of said gods or other Drow. Said shit includes but isn't limited to spawning thousands of spiders inside a "failure"'s gullet, for example.

- Their entire civilization is based on the lower class attempting to make everyone else's life as bad as their own while the upper class tries to abuse the lower class to raise their own status, which is fitting for demon worshippers (their primary goddess was briefly a Demon Lord). Like literally their society actively promotes deception, adultery, and betrayal (among other shit like assassination and humiliation) for both entertainment and progression.

- They have propagated multiple plots to "plunge the world in darkness" and so on and so forth, and are wholly dedicated to the eradication of other creatures for sport.

- This one is pretty common in D&D but their economy is largely based on slave labor. Not drow slaves, though, just whoever they can capture.

Some of it is worse than others, but the books give rather unfortunately detailed descriptions of some of the fouler acts. The drow are cruel for cruelness' sake.

I guess anime edgy is only definition of edgy that I use; cruel, sadistic and depravated kind of people is not something I consider edgy.

Alright, fish-men are done (or, at least, done enough that I am content with them- it isn't all-encompassing or anything).

For some reason D&D Beyond doesn't let subraces work well so it can't be published straight to Beyond (yet, I assume they'll fix that later).

The main race:

nLQhDzY.png

Subraces:

Z4nGkZ4.png

Alright, fish-men are done (or, at least, done enough that I am content with them- it isn't all-encompassing or anything).

For some reason D&D Beyond doesn't let subraces work well so it can't be published straight to Beyond (yet, I assume they'll fix that later).

The main race:

nLQhDzY.png

Subraces:

Z4nGkZ4.png
Kewl.

Does a Kuriboh count as a ‘race’ in this context? I mean, they all look like they’re the same species, so…

If you don’t know what they do, when they were first introduced, they could Multiply really, really fast, and would also Explode upon contact. This has been used to create giant Kamikazes, or invulnerable shields of Kuriboh. That’s in the Anime, of course- if we’re talking strictly Card Games, they can do that stuff to a lesser extent, and most of their abilities relate to somehow preventing Damage.
Oh, and they can fly. They just sorta float there, lol.

Does a Kuriboh count as a ‘race’ in this context? I mean, they all look like they’re the same species, so…

If you don’t know what they do, when they were first introduced, they could Multiply really, really fast, and would also Explode upon contact. This has been used to create giant Kamikazes, or invulnerable shields of Kuriboh. That’s in the Anime, of course- if we’re talking strictly Card Games, they can do that stuff to a lesser extent, and most of their abilities relate to somehow preventing Damage.
Oh, and they can fly. They just sorta float there, lol.
I... suppose? I don't know if playing as what is essentially a bomb is exactly wise but hey, I'll be making the Weeping Angels and by default they will be unplayable due to being unable to function while anybody sees them, so.

Back