• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

D&D Conversion Thread: I'll make whatever you ******' want into a D&D thing.

So I'd like if you did the Red Stone of Aja, it's a unique stone which absorbs any light aimed at it and then reflects it many times inside of itself, shooting out a light beam many times more powerful. The Stone is seeked out by the Pillar Man, since when combined with a Stone Mask, it becomes powerful enough to pierce their brain and unlock their true potential.
so a magic item, eh? Alright.

FBwZPlI.png

@Mand21

This took a bit as his profile is worded... haughtily. So! Obviously I made his main shtick his spellcasting, which seems fairly valid. I tried to replicate the abilities listed as best as I could using only core 5e D&D spells, which I think I did a fairly faithful job of doing. A couple required me taking creative liberties with (remove curse, for example) but ultimately I think this fits the character.

Achilles and the Tortoise fits his whole "nigh-impossible to hit". Obviously I couldn't actually make him impossible to hit, to fit the idea of the game, so I used the game's own way of saying nigh-impossible to hit- only magic, even then, very unlikely. With this stuff, even if he isn't immune to things like paralysis or stun, enemies still have disadvantage to hit. Melee attackers need to make an Int save or simply miss every time, even if they possess magic.

Spellcasting Savant is mechanically so broken it hurts. Two concentration spells in 5e mean you could with some prep create a one-hit-kill combo on practically anything. As it stands, I believe his best bet is reality breaking an enemy and then using reverse gravity to incap his friends, and then just spam AoE attacks.

The other stuff is fairly self explanatory I think, hope this works. Cheers and whatnot.

CeEY3qd.png

@Mand21 you again. Goombas are done.
ciD9yIZ.png

and their flying counterpart.

thanks Saman

CeEY3qd.png

@Mand21 you again. Goombas are done.
ciD9yIZ.png

and their flying counterpart.
Sorry to nitpick, but....
1. What's Bombs Away based on?
2. Some Paragoombas can spawn Microgoombas
3. It seems like you didn't include the Thorn Shot ability. (A ranged attack from SMRPG listed on the profile.)
4. In some of the RPGs, Goombas (Like those in Rogueport or those in Bowser's army.) can speak fluently & show intelligence. I assume can't speak Common is exception, not the norm?
5. Not on the profile, but TTYD also has enemies able to hold an item, so each Goomba can hold (& use!) 1 of the following items:
A. Dried Shroom (Heals 1 HP.),
B. Close Call (Badge with a Passive 33% chance to avoid an attack while at 5 HP or less; Goombas have 2 HP max.)
C. Sleepy Sheep (Sheep charge across the screen. For each enemy, may put that enemy to sleep.)
D. Fire Flower (Flower shoots fireballs, 3 damage to all enemies.)
Variants of Goombas (Para variants included.) have slightly different item possibilities.

Still looks great, though! & I can understand if you don't wanna be as thorough as I'd like, lol.

1. The microgoomba attack of the original.

2. Yeah but I didn't know how to simulate that outside of using them as projectiles.

3. You are correct.

4. That was always my interpretation, yeah. I remember TTYD, it just doesn't seem like that's standard.

5. Aye, though again, probably not the main Goomba type. Those bits of equipment aren't integral to the character so I didn't include them, sorry if you wanted that.

3. You are correct.
....Any reason not to include that, then?
5. Aye, though again, probably not the main Goomba type. Those bits of equipment aren't integral to the character so I didn't include them, sorry if you wanted that.
I mean, any Goomba in a Random Encounter can spawn holding such an item in TTYD, & other than being part of the Paper World, I doubt those Goombas are non-standard, the Spiky, Gloomba & Hyper variants aside. (Also, to your credit, I didn't request Goomba, someone named Mand21 did, it seems.)

Still, I appreciate your answers. Sorry for any bother.

....Any reason not to include that, then?

I mean, any Goomba in a Random Encounter can spawn holding such an item in TTYD, & other than being part of the Paper World, I doubt those Goombas are non-standard, the Spiky, Gloomba & Hyper variants aside. (Also, to your credit, I didn't request Goomba, someone named Mand21 did, it seems.)

Still, I appreciate your answers. Sorry for any bother.
Because I wasn't aware of its existence.

I wouldn't consider TTYD the standard.

No need to be sorry, ye asked yer questions and I answered 'em

No need to be sorry, ye asked yer questions and I answered 'em

Oh, I did/didn't. I had been going to ignore multiple requests until I got through people's first requests. I did forget he was there, though.

Would it be wrong if I added another one? If not, I'll add Hibana from Enen no Shouboutai.

Vibe: Confident and domineering, has a little bit of a superiority complex.
Talents: Very intelligent and capable scientist and tactician.
Abilities: They're summarized in the page better than anything I can do lol

Last edited:
JUVvhGx.png

@The_man_with_the_Midas_touch and @CrimsonStarFallen because I'm fairly sure the latter knows Lupin III.

Main concern was covering skill proficiencies and tools. I didn't give him everything since I'm under the impression not everything is remotely standard, but I gave him a good few of his things that fit well into the statblock. I snuck in one of the Thief subclass traits to account for hacking (Use Magic Device) since that's basically the only form of hacking one will find in a non-modern D&D game. While he deals significantly lower damage than a proper CR 4, and certainly has lower health, his other means of ******* with the enemy make him a fairly noteworthy low-level enemy.
Late reply, but this is really good! thanks for making it.

Guess you just need to wait for Bambu to post the sheet. If my adaptations weren't from another system I could post them in the mean time.

Guess you just need to wait for Bambu to post the sheet. If my adaptations weren't from another system I could post them in the mean time.
I don't think anything prevents you from doing it.
You can even make another thread, if you want.

Anton makes an Anima thread, hell yeah

It's an interesting idea, but with the flood my connection is pretty limited, and I require some research (Anima evaluate based in probabilities and combat ability) and pictures in order create a sheet, being only limited to what I have in the pc.

Meanwhile, have this Dritzz sheet:

Also have the Demogorgon that I passes too Bambu time ago:

These are the only DnD I did made; could make my own Shantae but I require some time researching from a place that is not my phone.

anyways no work tonight since sick, Psykos will be done today.

@Antoniofer

mrOSekZ.png

Couldn't find it in me to account for every single tertiary item she possesses, but this should give an idea. Based her entire spellcasting on gems since while I am aware this isn't how it works in-game, I wanted to simplify her for the purposes of a statblock and ultimately I found that to be more interesting. Her main damaging abilities are her spells, obviously, with chain lightning being ******* devastating. Shapechanger mainly lets her move around easily and achieve various singular tasks (carrying heavy objects, for example). The Xorn is uniquely good since it lets her sense gems (I didn't have a good alternative in D&D for her Gemjug form).

enjoy br0ther.
In the mean time, have my own version of Shantae in other system (since I have limited researching means, I may have missed few things).

9kDeMO5.png

I didn't do Gyoro Gyoro key, may in the future, for now consider her CR an expected type deal in addition to having Gyoro. Basically just tried to play into the psychic gravity/telekinesis type stuff as much as possible. her main features are, honestly, probably the Psychic Binding thing (since it is essentially a 1/round Counterspell that cannot itself be counterspelled and functions on Int saves), and possibly regional effects since anybody can just be chucked away from her. Purely statistically her CR comes out to around 12, though with her various other abilities I'd argue its probably closer to 14 without Gyoro (e.g., just this statblock).

Last edited:
While you wait for Bambu, what about awakening the masters?

Inb4 no one understand what the numbers means but at least the layout is good.

While you wait for Bambu, what about awakening the masters?

Inb4 no one understand what the numbers means but at least the layout is good.

You do good work prettying up Anima but its difficult to convert the contents to the character, in my mind.

The great amount of rules make it relatively easy to convert once you read the core [few times]; but it requires some research.

Plus, the co-creator is kind of a geek so he told us the level and category of few fictional characters.

Last edited:
Back