• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dungeons and Dragons: Tell me about a fantasy race. I'll either port it to D&D, or tell you a race similar enough to it.

Of course I have some advice most of the rules seem connected too the forest and it is already to complicate for 5e so let's limit it to if you give them a name in the form of naming them or responding to the name.
As for name stealing it's self it makes you either have a bonus and advantage on acting as the person whose name you steal or it is just a high check to realize they are not the name they stole and vice-versa will the person whose name was stolen.
Of course not having a name has disadvantages and advantages for example
: to give a weakness/advantage to the name thing and a reference to true names(yes scp has a version of that) spells cast on someone without a name act as if they are willing
And if a fae doesn't have a name they get Exhausted levels every day they don't have a name on the material plane that can only be recovered from by stealing a name.
Not having a name causes disadvantage on attempts to identifying them without a personal connection to them.
And stealing a name is a long rest ability and lasts a week ingame unless the fae decides to give it up early.

Last edited:
They're literally just humans with psychic powers. I imagine sorcery in DnD takes care of that anyway.
I mean thats why I also made mention of the Grey Knights specific since they where more then just humans with magic powers but fair enough.

I shall go and find something else thats less shit.

I mean Grey Knights are also enhanced super humans in heavy armor carrying power weapons but ill move on.

Psykers would be just sorcerers, yeah. Probably close to the Aberrant Mind for the real weird ones. However, other options exist as well- Mystics were the psionic class that was suggested for 5e (it was deemed too overpowered and scrapped), whereas Psions existed in 3.5e.

Alright so I read SCP-4000 and I must say, they don't seem particularly fitting for a race in of themselves. They're essentially just all fey creatures stereotypes- any race that could be made from them could just as easily be an existing fey monster. So for now I'm skipping them for something (somehow) more suitable, the ******* Weeping Angels.

Alright so I read SCP-4000 and I must say, they don't seem particularly fitting for a race in of themselves. They're essentially just all fey creatures stereotypes- any race that could be made from them could just as easily be an existing fey monster. So for now I'm skipping them for something (somehow) more suitable, the ******* Weeping Angels.
Weeping Angels heck yeah, good stuff man

Most of the rules are from the forest itself they seemingly had name powers before entering the forest for some reason i.e their consist human form.

jnRrRsL.png

here is the silliest of the entries

per the rules, this character cannot move when any character can see them

Neat idea.

40K Orks. These guys are fucky. Essentially if enough Orks are around then whatever they believe actually happens, such as red making something go faster, or that one time when imperial soldiers ran out of ammo and instead killed Orks by shouting "BANG!" Because the Orks actually thought they were shot, or an Ork not being able to run out of ammo because they just don't believe they did.

Orks are also spores that duplicate upon death out of their base plant forms.

Neat idea.

40K Orks. These guys are fucky. Essentially if enough Orks are around then whatever they believe actually happens, such as red making something go faster, or that one time when imperial soldiers ran out of ammo and instead killed Orks by shouting "BANG!" Because the Orks actually thought they were shot, or an Ork not being able to run out of ammo because they just don't believe they did.

That sounds so much like Total Bullshit that I'm actually willing to believe it. Wtf?

Neat idea.

I actually did research to add them in the past, the primary mechanic was going to be based around them painting things/themselves/etc everyday/every long rest to get special features. Really cool idea.

I actually did research to add them in the past, the primary mechanic was going to be based around them painting things/themselves/etc everyday/every long rest to get special features. Really cool idea.
Honestly I'd love to see you use them in a campaign just to see what would happen with how creative you can get

Not only do I generally dislike most anime stuff, but Dragon Ball is also a cut below the others. It is rivaled exclusively by Naruto, Bleach, and Hetalia, hentai shit notwithstanding of course. You're free to like what you want, but respectfully, there will be no Dragon Ball stuff from me. I'm good.

I would say a class from Overlord but then I remembered that Overlord borrows at least 90% of its classes and races from DnD lol

SAO isn't that bad don't be a wuss lol.
Bits of SAO aren't that bad. Season 2 was incredibly cursed. I've been asked to go back and watch everything (I only ever watched the first season/arc/whatever before) by my sister, so I've been going back in. It's uh... variable. Variable quality. Trying to post about it as I go on the Discord.

OK. Back on topic.

Gems from Steven Universe.

Basically, aliens that can pull weapons out of a weird crystal somewhere on their body. Gems can do a few things:

1. Fuse with other gems to form bigger gems that look weirder.

2. Whenever they die, they lose their physical form and just become whatever gem they have, like, they just don't have a body, it's just the crystal. How long it takes to regain their physical form varies greatly.

3. That's really all I remember-

but respectfully, there will be no Dragon Ball stuff from me. I'm good.
What about dark souls humans? There a race of immortal zombies with an affinity for darkness who are cursed into being normal humans with the curse weakening as the age of fire gets closer to ending and the beginning of the age of dark.

Fate Servants.

Servants are spirits summoned by the Holy Grail to compete under Masters in the Holy Grail War. Typically, they are Heroic Spirits, beings of a higher existence given to them by the people's ideals of them, but can also be Divine Spirits,(gods) Phantoms, Wraiths, and even normal humans, in extreme circumstances.

Masters never summon the actual Heroic Spirit itself, and even to the Holy Grail or Counter Force, summoning of an actual Heroic Spirit is impossible. Only the World can directly summon the actual Heroic Spirits, and the occurrence of such is extremely rare.

When summoned by the Grail, instead of summoning the actual spirit, the Greater Grail instead records the information about the Heroic Spirits that is available from the throne, and then creates a copy of that information and forces it into the form of a Servant. In this way the Servants that are summoned are much closer to a shadow of an actual Heroic Spirit, as they are not actually the proper spirit, but a copy of that spirit based off of the information the Greater Grail has gleaned from the Throne of Heroes.

What about dark souls humans? There a race of immortal zombies with an affinity for darkness who are cursed into being normal humans with the curse weakening as the age of fire gets closer to ending and the beginning of the age of dark.
humans in Dark Souls aren't undead, the undead are undead in Dark Souls, its a specific difference

Either way, by default the only things Undead get are essentially just a Revenant, but I do have a homebrew race that kinda represents going Hollow. The Curst are immortal undead that cannot die except under specific mechanics, but instead get progressively more insane as they die.

OK. Back on topic.

Gems from Steven Universe.

Basically, aliens that can pull weapons out of a weird crystal somewhere on their body. Gems can do a few things:

1. Fuse with other gems to form bigger gems that look weirder.

2. Whenever they die, they lose their physical form and just become whatever gem they have, like, they just don't have a body, it's just the crystal. How long it takes to regain their physical form varies greatly.

3. That's really all I remember-
Ok, let me dive deeper into gems.

What Gems are isn't particularly explained, but there are many different types of Gems. Some can manipulate elements like water and fire, some can see into the future, and some just aren't suited for combat at all.

But the general traits of the race, along with the other stuff I mentioned:

They can shapeshift into pretty much anything they want, although not every gem is capable.

They can encase objects in bubbles that float.

Their bodies naturally adjust to abnormal gravity and air pressure.

And they don't physically age, they don't need to eat, drink, or breathe.

The race isn't that complicated in itself, so this is really all I can give you without making a post that is way too long.

Back