• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Lord of Magic Tournament (2023): Kratos vs Orcus

Status
Not open for further replies.
for what it's worth, I, too, dislike how Kratos is treated on the wiki, but I don't really care about the verse
There is no objectivity. If kratos was wall level people would still "dislike" how he is treated and placed on here, and not in the sense of they think he is being placed too low. At the same time people out there think kratos is being downplayed where he's at rn which is borderline fanfiction at this point with how high he's scaled. Don't see other verses in the same medium get treated with the same flak or get the same attention so it's whatever at the end of the day.

I mean, Kratos is basically also 2-C with his weapons, and a higher-end one at that
No, only a select few, Gauntlet of Zeus (2-C all round), Spear of Destiny and Blade of Artemis (Both of which have only 2-C AP), and he lacks the range with most of them, save for Light of Dawn.

There is no objectivity. If kratos was wall level people would still "dislike" how he is treated and placed on here, and not in the sense of they think he is being placed too low. At the same time people out there think kratos is being downplayed where he's at rn which is borderline fanfiction at this point with how high he's scaled. Don't see other verses in the same medium get treated with the same flak or get the same attention so it's whatever at the end of the day.
Wall level Kratos would be worse, yes. However, given I didn't share the full extent of my own personal grievance against how the wiki treats it, you can't really possibly assume what they are, aye? Moreover, because other verses with similar situations don't get the same flak, you might interpret that as "Gee, maybe a lot of people don't really think our ratings for this verse are very reliable". That said, this discussion is tangential to this thread, so like... moving on.

Underworld BFR could work?
Dimensional travel.

I actually don't know what kratos has to do for people to accept he is that tier.
Honestly at this point I couldn't care any less what other people think of what tier he should be at this point. If they have actual proper arguments against it let them voice it here and we'll see if they stick, until then, them thinking of Kratos to be Mountain level is what-the-eff-ever.

Anyway, we're derailing now. Let's get back to the fight.

I actually don't know what kratos has to do for people to accept he is that tier.

idk maybe explain it to them cuz all they have is game showing they enjoyed (not scaled) to go off of. Idk if you know what I mean.

idk maybe explain it to them cuz all they have is game showing they enjoyed (not scaled) to go off of. Idk if you know what I mean.
That'd actually be a compliment for the Norse side of things LMAO, everything you need is in the game and its Codex Entries.

But to say it relies solely on game showings is... LMAO. People still use this argument in 2023? We have the guidebooks, artbooks, comic books, novels, bonus material, official interviews, in-game lore and what-have-you.

That'd actually be a compliment for the Norse side of things LMAO, everything you need is in the game and its Codex Entries.

But to say it relies solely on game showings is... LMAO. People still use this argument in 2023? We have the guidebooks, artbooks, comic books, novels, bonus material, official interviews, in-game lore and what-have-you.

im not saying I disagree with the scaling. I’m just saying these things are probably things most people will pass over when they’re just enjoying the game. But when you like show them specific stuff they’ll probably understand the scale and accept it.

im not saying I disagree with the scaling. I’m just saying these things are probably things most people will pass over when they’re just enjoying the game. But when you like show them specific stuff they’ll probably understand the scale and accept it.
What do you think the explanation pages are for?

im not saying I disagree with the scaling. I’m just saying these things are probably things most people will pass over when they’re just enjoying the game
The problem is not people not knowing the lore and shit. It's the fact when we tell them all the feats and scaling they just go "lmaoo you think kratos is actually that strong? Show me kratos destroying the universe" and shit like that

What do you think the explanation pages are for?

then just copy paste link to those who say they disagree with a claim. Ezzz.

rn I have 0 knowledge whatsoever aside what I’ve played casually. Then I remember things like beyblade being 2-C and I just not complain about the scaling until I actually do research. Not many are like that ig, so just explain it to me like you were going to.

The problem is not people not knowing the lore and shit. It's the fact when we tell them all the feats and scaling they just go "lmaoo you think kratos is actually that strong? Show me kratos destroying the universe" and shit like that

☠️

well I haven’t seen that but if it’s true then you have a point. Just ignore em.

then just copy paste link to those who say they disagree with a claim. Ezzz.

rn I have 0 knowledge whatsoever aside what I’ve played casually. Then I remember things like beyblade being 2-C and I just not complain about the scaling until I actually do research. Not many are like that ig, so just explain it to me like you were going to.
It's literally on the verse page brother, doesn't even take a minute to look up. But here you go.

But really, that ain't the problem. The problem is basically what Gasper said. Even when you give them all the lore and all the confirmation as well as the Explanation Pages, they refuse to look, they ignore it and bring up irrelevant shit that does ****-all about addressing the evidence to begin with, or they bring up the "almighty Anti-Feats" album that is riddled with inconsistencies, ignoring of context, cherry-picking, people not being at their strongest or being weakened, abuse of gameplay mechanics, etc. That takes a special kind of arrogance and hate to pull off.

Kratos has a game where the intro is the Big Bang being due to a slug fest and a mission to prevent a giant wolf from eating reality in the most recent games. Like, whatever if you feel it to be wank or stuff but I'll just find it funny that "not enough feats" crowd forgets that there's more Tier 2 feats now than in canon DB.

Anyway, back to the match, Orcus seems to resist most of Kratos' stuff and it also has layers from what I understood of Bambu, so he can just move on.

If it means anything, I'd vote Orcus- I just didn't really want to do so with this little discussion in regards to what Kratos can do.

if even KLOL or Planck the main GOW supporters agree that Kratos loose, well this is terrible to watch

Orcus FRA

People do realise I'm saying this is a stomp, just to be clear.
Aye. My intent was to vote for the purposes of the tournament I have been conscripted into.

wait, I remember you, you're the "D&D verse is very weak, it only have swords" guy lmao

if you're itching for a sequel, go ham I guess, but this isn't the place to do it. I'm gonna close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back