• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Duel of the Deuteragonists Vol. 2: Moss vs Sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I vote is there an updated scalling for zoro haki that I don't know of? I've gone through the layering page several times and zoro does nor have 7 layers. All I keeps seeking is 5. Can someone explain it to me so I would not jump into conclusions?

Before I vote is there an updated scalling for zoro haki that I don't know of? I've gone through the layering page several times and zoro does nor have 7 layers. All I keeps seeking is 5. Can someone explain it to me so I would not jump into conclusions?
Zoro scales to Lucci, who scales to Luffy in Haki, and Luffy has 7 layers accepted. It just needs updating for Egghead

If you understand how Zoro can still pretty easily cut through the Susano'o then how exactly is it a notable advantage?
I mean, if he can land a hit on him with it, it would hurt. That is if Zoro doesn't slice, dice, and julienne it with Superior AP and Goken

Because it's a massive amp that the opponent can't use.
On the profile it just says it has the same AP as base. Plus Hao gives Zoro better boosts and En-Ō gives him more on top of that.
What's zoro's answer for amaterasu?
Kenbun reading Sasuke's mind and seeing the future to know what part of the body he's gonna use it on and using Buso Emission to block it. Or if Sasuke uses Kagutsuchi he can flame rend it. Also better heat resistance.

Greater heat resistance by 5x, and Haki.
That's assuming zoro starts immediately by coating himself in haki which I don't think he does. Sasuke first move in that key is amaterasu. Also what exactly is zoro heat resistance.
On the profile it just says it has the same AP as base. Plus Hao gives Zoro better boosts and En-Ō gives him more on top of that.

Kenbun reading Sasuke's mind and seeing the future to know what part of the body he's gonna use it on and using Buso Emission to block it. Or if Sasuke uses Kagutsuchi he can flame rend it. Also better heat resistance.
I find it hard to believe zoro would read sasuke mind and also see into the future before amaterasu spawns on him coz sasuke had far greater perception speed than both of them

That's assuming zoro starts immediately by coating himself in haki which I don't think he does
He does.
Sasuke first move in that key is amaterasu.
Like Reaper said, Kenbunshoku would inform Zoro of future events, allowing him to either dodge or use Buso Emission to deflect it away.
Also what exactly is zoro heat resistance.
His base resistance is over 28000ºC, far higher with different levels of Haki.
I find it hard to believe zoro would read sasuke mind and also see into the future before amaterasu spawns on him coz sasuke had far greater perception speed than both of them
Is there proof of this? Kenbunshoku Haki literally amped the perceptions a small child to the level of reaction to lightning. Zoro would literally be seeing everything in slow motion. Also is there proof of Amaterasu being spawned rather than a projectile? This has been brought up a couple times in this thread, but whenever questioned, an answer has never been given.

He does.

Like Reaper said, Kenbunshoku would inform Zoro of future events, allowing him to either dodge or use Buso Emission to deflect it away.

Is there proof of this? Kenbunshoku Haki literally amped the perceptions a small child to the level of reaction to lightning. Zoro would literally be seeing everything in slow motion. Also is there proof of Amaterasu being spawned rather than a projectile? This has been brought up a couple times in this thread, but whenever questioned, an answer has never been given.
The issue with the future sight stuff is coz what he would see is just where it hits him and then if he moves that part away before sasuke can look at it sasuke would just follow with his gaze and it would hit anyway. No matter how far he sees because his movement speed is far below sasuke perception speed he would never be able to move out of the way

Fair enough his resistance is high but amaterasu is also duraneg and non physical interaction. Heat resistance isn't just enough.

And a kakashi with his chidori speed that the sharingan reactions is far above was able to run and cut lightning. Has zoro himself particularly shown perception speed Far beyond his speed?
I mean sasuke has a blitz worthy shunshin and his chidori speed is so far beyond it that normally he won't even see. Sasuke perception is then far higher than both of this.
I guess my point is sasuke jutsu is just "look" . Zoro own is seeing future events and reading minds. I do not think sasuke own would take more time

He does.

Sorry forgot to respond to your last point.
1. Raikage scene it didn't travel. Sasuke just thought he was looking at Raikage but he wasn't coz Raikage was so much faster than his perception he thought his after image was him.

2. Against kaguya. When trapped in ice it just spawned in a whole in the ice. If it travelled it would have cracked through the ice all the way to where it spawned

The issue with the future sight stuff is coz what he would see is just where it hits him and then if he moves that part away before sasuke can look at it sasuke would just follow with his gaze and it would hit anyway
Zoro isn't literally seeing the future. He's reading Sasuke's intent and the intent of the attack to know where to go to avoid. This also applies to the BOAT. Zoro would automatically know where the Amaterasu would NOT land and simply go there.
amaterasu is also duraneg and non physical interaction. Heat resistance isn't just enough.
Dura neg through heat. What does NPI have to do with anything?
And a kakashi with his chidori speed that the sharingan reactions is far above was able to run and cut lightning
I used the example to show you how big the perception speed for Kenbun can be. Kakashi's feat doesn't mean much at all.
Has zoro himself particularly shown perception speed Far beyond his speed?
Zoro's Haki scales above people who have.
I mean sasuke has a blitz worthy shunshin and his chidori speed is so far beyond it that normally he won't even see. Sasuke perception is then far higher than both of this.
This applies to Zoro's Iai attacks as well.
1. Raikage scene it didn't travel. Sasuke just thought he was looking at Raikage but he wasn't coz Raikage was so much faster than his perception he thought his after image was him.
Was this stated? We see the Amaterasu travel and then the afterimage appeared after A moved out of the way.
2. Against kaguya. When trapped in ice it just spawned in a whole in the ice. If it travelled it would have cracked through the ice all the way to where it spawned
Sasuke created the Amaterasu on his hand and then used flame control to move the fire around. He did not spontaneously combust anything. The anime supports this. Are there any other examples of spontaneous combustion for Amaterasu?

Last edited:
Zoro isn't literally seeing the future. He's reading Sasuke's intent and the intent of the attack to know where to go to avoid. This also applies to the BOAT. Zoro would automatically know where the Amaterasu would NOT land and simply go there.

Dura neg through heat. What does NPI have to do with anything?

I used the example to show you how big the perception speed for Kenbun can be. Kakashi's feat doesn't mean much at all.

Zoro's Haki scales above people who have.

This applies to Zoro's Iai attacks as well.

Was this stated? We see the Amaterasu travel and then the afterimage appeared after A moved out of the way.
1. We're still back to the same dance. To avoid where sasuke is going to loon at or hit he needs to be faster than sasuke perception. Typically he can move just away from where the attack is going to hit just before it gets there but in this case there is no "just before it gets there " it just spawns. Zoro moving away before it spawns would just make sasuke look at where he moved to instead of where he initially was . Idk how to explain it in better terms but the scenario of where sasuke looked that zoro saw in the future won't exist anymore coz sasuke wouldn't look there anymore coz zoro would not be there anymore. Sasuke Would just look at the new place zoro moved to coz he has far higher perception than zoro movements.

If zoro movements was higher than sasuke perception he could time the movement away to just when sasuke was about to target him just as raikage did but this would be impossible due to his speed not being enough.

2. People who already had heat resistance as high as amaterasu were still susceptible to it . People like obito or gyuki. So it's not just that.

3. The lightning feat you brought doesn't hold much coz it's not quantifiable , it's just to show yes it gives higher reactions which i equally did for kakashi.

4. That's the thing. It was stated to just spawn. You're arguing directly against the statement by showing a scene where i already explained it didn't travel but just spawned. The next image is clarifying for us that what was in sasuke line of view was not raikage anymore but his after image. And I gave you a better example with kaguya fight

I don't think nierre voted. i'm even inclined to believe he would vote zoro
Nierre voted for Sasuke for Sarada's happiness
fas_de_boruto_consertam_visual_da_sarada_em_boruto_two_blue_vortex_1.webp

wait
What is sasuke gonna do once he realizes he’s getting outskilled in swordplay?

Last edited:
Finally.

Voting for Zoro.

Reasons...

•higher AP amps

•better Speed amps

•Blitz with lai which can dura neg

•better swordsmanship (has been shown numerous times overwhelming most swordsmans in the verse casually)

•higher battle Iq

•much better precog (all forms of Observation haki) plus BOAT

•Can get stronger in the middle of a battle, the effects can become greater under extreme stress/difficulty.

• His haki giving him resistances to most of sasuke's jutsu abilities.

• He's faught with Law so he has experience with teleporters.

•better Speed amps
sasuke has better speed amp. sasuke has more than 4 speed amps
•better swordsmanship (has been shown numerous times overwhelming most swordsmans in the verse casually)
Being a good swordsman in his universe doesn't make him better than Sasuke. Sasuke is a person who created his own sword style and used it against the divine beings of his own universe.
•higher battle Iq
I'll pretend I didn't see this
•much better precog (all forms of Observation haki) plus BOAT
They will both know each other's moves, it doesn't really matter.
•Can get stronger in the middle of a battle, the effects can become greater under extreme stress/difficulty.
Ninjas become stronger as they fight, and since chakra has a spiritual aspect, even a mental breakthrough can strengthen them.

• His haki giving him resistances to most of sasuke's jutsu abilities.
Not sure, there is nothing about layered resistance in the profiles or on the haki page.

Not sure, there is nothing about layered resistance in the profiles or on the haki page.
..this was already answered for you but it looks like you ignored it

sasuke has better speed amp. sasuke has more than 4 speed amps
Lai always blitzes it's target no matter what. Nobody has escaped lai and it was used on ppl much faster than himself.

They will both know each other's moves, it doesn't really matter.
They do not. There's a difference between them and a large gap at that. Just because someone has precog doesn't mean they equal in that area. In op the better your precog the more effective you are in battle. There's always precognition battles. Zoro has always been shown having the upperhand in his precognition fights. zoro is above sasuke having fought many great precog users. Sharingan doesn't has the same applications as Observation haki I'm sure of, there's many. Even then, BOAT also clears giving him another layer of precog.

Ninjas become stronger as they fight, and since chakra has a spiritual aspect, even a mental breakthrough can strengthen them.
Its not the same as haki blooming bruv.

Sasuke has Shunsin and chidori as speed amps, and can stack them on each other to even a greater amp, with his Sharingan having greater perception than these. So they are closer than you think
Speed difference Wouldn't matter much after Haki Bloom kicks in. Plus Zoro has always shown to be able to react to those faster than him with his precog.

I don’t recall this happening
They did not fight against each other they thought with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back