• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dreamworks - Kung Fu Panda assorted CRT

... I would like to know too. Because I have calculated the ends and pick my accepted ends. But I need another calc mod to nod the head.
Feel free to send notifications to a few calc group members if you need their help.

Just make sure to specify what you need them to evaluate.

Thank you very much for the help.

Should I ask some other calc group members to evaluate the calculations?

Hmm, less than I was expecting. Any particular reason you used concrete as the material of the wall of china? Stone was also a common building material for the Great Wall, especially in the mountainside.
I use mainly concrete because those "stone" walls are not made with one piece of big rock. But instead using small rock pieces like bricks then stacked and covered in cement. I am quite sure those rocks picked will not reach the same durability as one piece of naturally occurring rock should be. The Chinese were lucky they knew to use cement and concrete to glue the bricks, clay and small rocks together.
At last, a calc for the Kim feat

Ever since I made his respect thread I've been curious on how much that'd yield.
Well that may be a low ball, but likely what Kim has actually done, as it is sort of his trademark way of tearing things literally.

This also serves as another lifting strength feat.

Do I see another uncalculated lifting strength feat?

I am throwing it into a calc request thread.

Personally, I heavily disagree with Jasonsith arbitraily choosing canyon diablo, to be honest, if the flashback comes from an unreliable source, then disregard the feat altogether or just choose the end DMUA accepted

Well that may be a low ball, but likely what Kim has actually done, as it is sort of his trademark way of tearing things literally.

This also serves as another lifting strength feat.
I think putting him at Large Building level would be fair (just a little above your high end since it is a lowball), he serves as a nice bridge between the KFP1-2 villains and the KFP3 baddie. I don't think he was giving it his all necessarily when ripping the wall in half either, he casually toys with everything throughout the episode and stomps the crap out of Po.

I use mainly concrete because those "stone" walls are not made with one piece of big rock. But instead using small rock pieces like bricks then stacked and covered in cement. I am quite sure those rocks picked will not reach the same durability as one piece of naturally occurring rock should be. The Chinese were lucky they knew to use cement and concrete to glue the bricks, clay and small rocks together.
The stone bricks take up the majority of the volume of the wall. While yes it'd be easier to break apart/destroy as a naturally occuring rock, it should also be more durable than pure concrete like you seem to have assumed.

Oh also, this image doesn't open for me.
Does it work now?

The stone bricks take up the majority of the volume of the wall. While yes it'd be easier to break apart/destroy as a naturally occuring rock, it should also be more durable than pure concrete like you seem to have assumed.
But again it is much easier to destroy a "rock" wall made of piled small rock pebbles without any gluing than to destroy a wall of the same volume made with stone pebbles glued with cement.
And of course, to destroy a wall as one big boulder is harder than to destroy a wall of the same volume made with stone pebbles glued with cement.
This is construction science.
And actually, if the cement holding the rock is destroyed, a push can make the rocks fall apart.

And since there is a chance the great wall is made of bricks... Given sun-dried bricks have a compressive strength of ~20 kg/cm^2 how does that translate to durability?

It does yes

But again it is much easier to destroy a "rock" wall made of piled small rock pebbles without any gluing than to destroy a wall of the same volume made with stone pebbles glued with cement.
And of course, to destroy a wall as one big boulder is harder than to destroy a wall of the same volume made with stone pebbles glued with cement.
This is construction science.
And actually, if the cement holding the rock is destroyed, a push can make the rocks fall apart.
That would apply to breaking it apart. Actually destroying the wall, via violent fragmentation or above, would require one to destroy the rocks + cement rather than just making the structure collapse.

It does yes

That would apply to breaking it apart. Actually destroying the wall, via violent fragmentation or above, would require one to destroy the rocks + cement rather than just making the structure collapse.
But the energy required to fragment one large piece of rock is far higher than rocks which are already "fragmented" into small pebbles and then glued with whatever cement or concrete. And far easier to destroy some rock pebbles stacking without gluing. Otherwise we do not have different destruction values for different material compositions. Like the values of destruction for one piece of rock, reinforced concrete, pure concrete/cement and soil (which are basically rock grinded/ground into fine dust) are different.

What are the current standards in meeting the middle? This may actually affect potentially a lot of calculations.

Anyways does it mean we have one end for the King Fu Panda movie Po and thr Paws of Destiny one for including any TV / web series?
The Kim calc isn't as high as I originally expected, so it'd only apply to main series Po.

Thanks for the evaluation.

To clarify, it'd apply but PoD Po already scales to 8-B.

I'll apply it to Kim the Invincible, but I want to sort out any scaling in a separate thread.

Luckily Kim doesn't really scale to anybody, that calc's pretty much for him and only him.

To clarify, it'd apply but PoD Po already scales to 8-B.

I'll apply it to Kim the Invincible, but I want to sort out any scaling in a separate thread.
Actually weakened Kim is Legend of Awesomeness Po tier. Prime Kim is his own tier yes.

As a summary:

Paws of Destiny post-wellspring amp Po and co: at least Canyon Doable crater yield at 12.8 km/s speed.

Legends of Awesomeness - Elephant destroys a large rock in one hit scales to Legends of Awesomeness Furious Five, former Furious Five, Po, etc.

Oh early Oogway matched and defeated early Kai and KFP3 Oogway also matched returning Kai but was defeated... and returning Kai has his own tier standing which scales to himself and KFP3 Oogway.

Anything else? I a… about time to sleep so thank you for applying it on my behalf.

Actually weakened Kim is Legend of Awesomeness Po tier. Prime Kim is his own tier yes.

As a summary:

Paws of Destiny post-wellspring amp Po and co: at least Canyon Doable crater yield at 12.8 km/s speed.

Legends of Awesomeness - Elephant destroys a large rock in one hit scales to Legends of Awesomeness Furious Five, former Furious Five, Po, etc.

Oh early Oogway matched and defeated early Kai and KFP3 Oogway also matched returning Kai but was defeated... and returning Kai has his own tier standing which scales to himself and KFP3 Oogway.

Anything else? I a… about time to sleep so thank you for applying it on my behalf.
Why can't we just use the accepted calculation from the flashback???? I don't know why you arbitraily use the canyon diablo calc instead for no reason.

Just make Paws of Destiny Po unknown

Well, at least somebody should add the new accepted calculation to the Kung Fu Panda verse page list for this.

As topic.

1. Post Wellspring amplified Po (Paws of Destiny) is no longer "At least Large Island level+ (Immensely stronger than before after being amped by the Wellspring, Po's Wuxi Finger Hold was able to part the clouds over the Panda Village, even without Po's Hero's Chi), at least Continent level+ in the Spirit Realm (Po fought evenly with Jindiao in his true form, who tanked a combination attacks from the four constellations, each of whom should be individually comparable to the chi of Master Black Tortoise, who could stop a life-wiping meteor from hitting the Earth), likely far higher (Jindiao had absorbed the power of the Wellspring, which was described as "endless" as well as the source of all light in the universe)"
There is no scan suggesting the cloud splitting feat is higher than Town level,
nor is the meteor deflecting feat yielding anywhere higher than country level+.

Therefore Post Wellspring amplified Po will only be "At least town level for the cloud splitting feat", "possibly country level+ for being stronger than the meteor deflecting feat".

2. There MAYBE a speed upgrade for reacting to a moving meteor though.

Anyone else want to add in more information, please let me know thanks
Wasn't the spirit realm colour warped to golden when po transformed? It's almost similar to god toppo warping the void in TOP.

I agree

It’s basically the same as the Dark World/Sacred Realm from Zelda, the realm changes based on the highest power level in the realm, it’s not actually warping the realm itself

I haven't watched KFP Legends of Awesomeness in a while. Though what is the gap between Po and Kim The Invincible? Cause if it's a one-shot then that'd be weird. I strictly remember Po taking a beating from Kim the Invincible, even using his chains to pull him in at high speeds and punch him multiple times with him staying conscious, visually uninjured. I also remember a scene where Po stumbled back fell over on Kim the Invincible unknowingly and sent him knocking back. I also remember when Kim was defeated where his torso hide was weakened though kicked him to the face and could still send him flying.

Kim the Invincible's durability doesn't seem all that impressive cause he just feels like a reboot of Temutai who has better durability showings. Temutai took a flying kick from Po with all his might which would include his weight. Po knocked back Kim The Invincible with his weight by simply falling down and knocking into him. Po can only harm Temutai by hitting him to the face and can take a hit from him, so Kim getting hurt by a kick to the face doesn't seem impressive.

Now the statements that say Shifu's attacks are useless against him could just be an overstatement as he is stated to be a "Legend." Shifu tends to make huge exaggerations of legends A LOT from what I remember from the show when in reality the cast can normally beat them.

Also on a side note, there is optional equipment that could be added. In Legends of Awesomeness, there is a weapon called the Sacred War Hammer of Lei Lang. Which has the ability to obliterate buildings, hills, a village, and mountains. Tong Fo and Po have wielded it, though it is in Shifu's possession as he is technically the master of the Jade Palace where it resides (On another side note Shifu's profiles needs some work, as he has several feats of sending Po flying casually and another one contending with Post-KFP 2 Po while going on a defensive and holding back).

Po punched Kim in the chest and it did nothing. Throughout his debut episode he kept getting pushed back by other things such as a rockslide, but these never hurt him (Temutai can't say the same thing). Kim was proven to be stronger and faster than Po, and too tough for the panda to hurt or even move during their fight, so what Shifu says isn't an exaggeration. He hypes up a lot of threats, but he never hugely overestimates them, because they prove to be big threats still (which again, cannot be said by Temutai who Shifu has fought and done better against). His use of wrestling moves and his chains also makes him a better fighter, since Temutai is purely and simply a brute. Nevermind the strength gap between the two... if Shifu can match his strength, he's nothing to Kim.

Kim was only knocked away when he was weakened by a huge explosion happening in his innards, the only non-indestructible part of his body.

Wasn't the spirit realm colour warped to golden when po transformed? It's almost similar to god toppo warping the void in TOP.
The colour of the spirit realm is directly related to the balance of yin and yang present. When Kai had the most chi, the realm becomes more chaotic, reflecting his signature green colour. When Po was given his mastered chi, the spirit realm turned golden to represent the colour of centred existence. Basically, it's not Kai or Po warping the Spirit Realm, but rather the Spirit Realm reacting to their chi and changing itself.

This is the latest calculation for the cloud splitting feat
This is the latest calculation for the meteor deflecting feat
Both have not yet been added.

For the meteor feat... Wondering if we say at least "City" possibly "Country" is good enough.
The cloud splitting feat hasn't been accepted, and I don't really agree with it being simply illumination.

"At least City level, likely Country level" is a fair compromise for the meteor feat. Remember that Jindiao and Po scale to around 4x the feat, given that Jindiao tanked combined attacks from all four constellations. This would also be an upgrade to combat speed as well, if I'm not mistaken?

I do want to cover LoA scaling in a separate thread since I do think it's a bit more complicated than people seem to think. But this thread has dragged on long enough as is.

I do wanna say that I think Po should scale to the meteor pre-amp, the feat was done by Black Tortoise when he had a similar chi to Po’s and nothing implied Black Tortoise was amped there.

Thank you.
Okay. Feel free to do so if you wish then.
For the meteor feat... Wondering if we say at least "City" possibly "Country" is good enough.
That seems fine to me, given that we do not know for certain if it was an imagined exaggeration or not.

Btw: Apologies for a brief derailment, but did any of the rest of you also think that Paws of Destiny was inferior in story quality to the movies and Legends of Awesomeness? Perhaps the scale had simply reached almost beyond what the setting was originally designed to handle at this point?

Back