• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dreamworks - Kung Fu Panda assorted CRT

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
As topic.

1. Post Wellspring amplified Po (Paws of Destiny) is no longer "At least Large Island level+ (Immensely stronger than before after being amped by the Wellspring, Po's Wuxi Finger Hold was able to part the clouds over the Panda Village, even without Po's Hero's Chi), at least Continent level+ in the Spirit Realm (Po fought evenly with Jindiao in his true form, who tanked a combination attacks from the four constellations, each of whom should be individually comparable to the chi of Master Black Tortoise, who could stop a life-wiping meteor from hitting the Earth), likely far higher (Jindiao had absorbed the power of the Wellspring, which was described as "endless" as well as the source of all light in the universe)"
There is no scan suggesting the cloud splitting feat is higher than Town level,
nor is the meteor deflecting feat yielding anywhere higher than country level+.

Therefore Post Wellspring amplified Po will only be "At least town level for the cloud splitting feat", "possibly country level+ for being stronger than the meteor deflecting feat".

2. There MAYBE a speed upgrade for reacting to a moving meteor though.

Anyone else want to add in more information, please let me know thanks

I'm glad this meteor has a calc at least.

Seen people get it to like Large Planet-Dwarf Star, can't comment on the legitimacy per se.

I'm just eagerly awaiting the day 3-A Po is finally accepting.

I think that these changes seem fine and self-evident to apply.

Any other calc member to approve the calcs and pick appropriate ends?

Or just restore the links without viruses?

Jasonsith:

You can notify other calc group members if you need them to evaluate your calculation(s).

gave my appraisals

The cloudsplitting feat really needs some form of gif or video.

Thank you for helping out.

What DMUA accepted can probably be applied then.

The cloudsplitting feat had a video, but it was removed cause the site it was on had a bunch of pop up ads + apparently viruses too. I'll try and get that replaced.

As for the AP adjustments, if the maths all checks out then it's fine by me. Prefer the high end of the meteor feat since it's pretty clearly massive in scale. Note that the feat was performed by a single of the four constellations, and that when the panda kids were fully empowered by the original four constellations' chi, their combined attack was only able to push Jindiao back. Jindiao (and therefore Dragon form Po) scales either significantly above the feat or a flat 4x above the feat.

I think the only thing to mention is that Po should scale to the meteor outside the Spirit Realm, otherwise seems fine.

The problem is: the scene is an imagination out from the head of a panda constellation apprentice who think it out from a heresay. So the meteor size may not be the same as that "actually" "historically" deflected by Black Tortoise. Personally I prefer the canyon diablo crater level. And the meteor reentry speed... may even be lower, at just 12.8 km/s.

Anyway I have one even bigger adjustment proposal: (which can potentially be even more terrifying)

Kai the Collector once fought Master Oogway which "shook the earth". (Kung Fu Panda 3)

Our standard suggested that shaking the earth by shockwave not platonic crust movement yields anywhere from 'city' to 'small planet' level.

I disagree with using the "shake the earth" thing since that's a common hyperbole and an even more powerful Kai + Oogway never demonstrated anything close to that with their battle on-screen (nor did Kai in any of his subsequent battles).

Also, the scene isn't from the panda kids' imagination. It's exposition from Po, who at this point in the franchise should be a knowledgeable source on chi, and moreso on previous kung fu masters.

I disagree with using the "shake the earth" thing since that's a common hyperbole and an even more powerful Kai + Oogway never demonstrated anything close to that with their battle on-screen (nor did Kai in any of his subsequent battles).

Also, the scene isn't from the panda kids' imagination. It's exposition from Po, who at this point in the franchise should be a knowledgeable source on chi, and moreso on previous kung fu masters.
True that the "{Black Tortoise} even stopped a meteor from hitting the earth" thing comes from Po's exposition. And that is the only thing we have. No meteor size, no meteor speed, no meteor composition etc.

So you also agree that the Kai vs Oogway "shake the earth" "feat" should not be used as an AP level supporting. Good.

Well I guess you can use the size present in the flashback itself.

Regarding the cloud parting I know it's not very impressive, but could you get some interesting result for Po illuminating the sky above the village? Or is that just not quantifiable.

Well I guess you can use the size present in the flashback itself.

Regarding the cloud parting I know it's not very impressive, but could you get some interesting result for Po illuminating the sky above the village? Or is that just not quantifiable.
Considering that illuminating a continent is only tier 7 I wouldn't expect something too high

The "flashback" is not even a flashback. It is an imagination from a child's head who just heard the exposition by Po.

This is the so-called "cloud parting" feat. Thanks to @ArgentinianDeadpool for providing the gif.

And it is not even cloud parting. At all. Just shockwaves. The thickness of the shockwave is eyeballed at about the height of a small temple at best and still stretched over some 4.6 km from what I see.

And the illuminating part... Like what I'm_Blue_daba_dee_daba_die says - even lighting up the whole earth surface is in fact a "island" level feat.

Last edited:
Some clouds were definitely dissipated, but you have a point.

As is your point about the meteor. Although, I would say the country level version is fine, it doesn't really make sense for Master Tortoise to make a shield to block the meteor if it wasn't going to do any lasting damage.

If I'm being honest I still think Po should be Planet or High Universal at this point but eh.

Last edited:
The "flashback" is not even a flashback. It is an imagination from a child's head who just heard the exposition by Po.

This is the so-called "cloud parting" feat. Thanks to @ArgentinianDeadpool for providing the gif.

And it is not even cloud parting. At all. Just shockwaves. The thickness of the shockwave is eyeballed at about the height of a small temple at best and still stretched over some 4.6 km from what I see.

And the illuminating part... Like what I'm_Blue_daba_dee_daba_die says - even lighting up the whole earth surface is in fact a "island" level feat.
I'm not sure where this headcanon comes from. The panda kids had no idea what each of the four constellations looked like, and there's no real implication that the kids were imagining it. In the same scene, Po's exposition of the white tiger was cut off by Jing being distracted by a fly, showing she wasn't paying enough attention to imagine it all in her head.

There are clouds completely covering the sky beforehand and a mostly clear sky afterwards. I don't get how this isn't cloud parting?

I think there might be some other notable feats.

I wonder if there's a calc for the Sacred Hammer of Lei-Lang shattering mountains, or the big explosion it made in the end of the episode.

Otherwise there doesn't seem to be much outside of the Wellspring statements.

Who would the Sacred Hammer scale to? Po defeated Tong Fo by making sure it didn't hit the ground + couldn't be used. In the flashback its shown to cause the explosions from a safe distance away from the user so you can't really say that Tong Fo was planning to survive its explosion either.

There are good feats from Legends of Awesomeness that haven't been calced (I put a few of them on the calc requests thread), but I doubt they'll be too relevant to Paws of Destiny top tiers.

They did yeah, though they likely used similar tactics to Po - making sure the hammer doesn't hit the ground.

I remember Po was able to restrain him enough to take the blade off of him. Not suggesting that the First Five members scale to this feat, bar maybe Fenghuang.

It was sort of a combined effort by both the First and current Five to hold Elephant down while Shifu and Po forced the sword away.

I rewatched the fight again, Shifu held his own and knocked down amped Master Elephant a couple of times, and Po broke his grip at the end of the fight causing him to drop the sword. Maybe Shifu could backscale from the feat.

Before and after pictures of the feat. There seems to be a distinct change in cloud pattern.
At highest it would go back to my rev 1 calc.
At worst what my rev 2 calc says.
Yeah no tier 6 Po.
And the meteor feat, while I still think is just a canyon diablo crater level, may have somehow got one way of tweaking and twisitng the yield several times higher.
By surface area ratio of meteor compared with ki shield ... borrowed from one method on deriving durability of The Deep and Starlight.
But... Is that inflation?

That's not how we really treat forcefields, no

Though if it wasn't even going to actually threaten the planet they would just say he saved a specific area with his barrier, which would be way more in line with a City level impact.

They don't actually say anything about what he was saving

Just that "he stopped a meteor from hitting the earth" with his chi.

Back