• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dreamworks - Kung Fu Panda assorted CRT

Hmm, but surely there must've been some land supporting the palace...
Yeah the area under the palace isnt completely hollow, supports aside there's rooms and tunnels underneath the palace clearly shown. I just don't know how much of it we can say was filled. After all, iirc the Jade Palace was built around the seal to protect/hide it.

I haven't been too interested in the verse but I'll just comment on the 7-C scaling. I'm fine with Kai and Oogway there. KFP3 Po should stay at 8-B in my opinion. Both Tier 7 feats were shown in the first scene trying to execute and show Kai as this extremely powerful creature that can destroy those giant rocks. Kai starts to build down later in the film not consistently on the Tier 7 level and levels more down to Tier 8 feats as the film progresses and isn't treated as similarly as his beginning feats. KFP3 Po should only really scale to the one punch that Kai was portrayed as at that point, Tier 7 Oogway is fine cause he took that shockwave.
I mean, narratively Kai was getting stronger throughout KFP3. Although he didn't perform any other 7-C feats, he didn't exactly have any anti-feats either.

Side note, I had another look at the pixel scaling for Kai's chi punch that Po took and got 8-A results. Not a formal recalc by any means, but I do think the result is likely higher than 36 tons anyway.

Yeah the area under the palace isnt completely hollow, supports aside there's rooms and tunnels underneath the palace clearly shown. I just don't know how much of it we can say was filled. After all, iirc the Jade Palace was built around the seal to protect/hide it.
So would that then bring him down to Small Town level, maybe? He should still be comparable to KFP3 Oogway and Kai imo, though regarding that shockwave from KFP3, are we sure that wasn't a result of both Kai's hit and Oogway's shield exploding?

I personally do not mind if we scale from the tier 7 calculations.

I mean, narratively Kai was getting stronger throughout KFP3. Although he didn't perform any other 7-C feats, he didn't exactly have any anti-feats either.

True. Narratively Kai was getting stronger but I don't think it was intentional for Kai to be 7-C to the other characters. Both times 7-C were Kai and Oogway, and both feats were portrayed as extremely strong attacks meant to take them out. The first one was Kai charging extremely fast with high KE which required Oogway to get out of the way instead of clash with him, the Shockwave was him Lifting rocks to get past Oogway's Chi forcefield thingy which actually did seem like an incapacitating move to Oogway. It shows later in the film in the final fight that Kai can break his own chains. My main point here is that the 7-C feats never really did seem to apply to him, the Tier 8 comparison was more of Kai's visuals shown on the other Tier 8 characters. Like Po does have some anti-feats himself for durability, having to constantly avoid the Jombie attacks both of them and there are specific scenes where it's portrayed as Po just avoiding a blow that's threatening to him. I'm not saying Po should go back to Tier 8 but that alone shouldn't put him at Tier 7 when he's already threatened by people way below that. The Durability multiplier isn't crazy by 1000s with the 8-C's only by 20x if I remember.

So would that then bring him down to Small Town level, maybe? He should still be comparable to KFP3 Oogway and Kai imo, though regarding that shockwave from KFP3, are we sure that wasn't a result of both Kai's hit and Oogway's shield exploding?
The shield was put up to defend himself against Kai. Kai threw two large boulders into it overpowering it causing a shockwave. So it could scale to Kai for overpowering it (Granted it was his Lifting Strength), and definitely Oogway for the shield being able to create such a shockwave.

Well, a large part of supernatural fighting stories do not have consistent scaling, so we recurrently have to try to figure out when something is an outlier or not.

Well, a large part of supernatural fighting stories do not have consistent scaling, so we recurrently have to try to figure out when something is an outlier or not.
I normally would go by what a character is portrayed as. Like if a character who destroys cities meets a character who destroys buildings at best, and the latter isn't one-shotted I'd probably consider it an outlier. Like the only outliers, I can find are Crane kicking Kai and him grunting from it, Kai not one-shotting the Furious Five, and Po taking a beatdown from him. Though I think that's just to build tension in the story.

Ke-Pa should scale to Oogway yeah, but his feat is probably Low 7-C. The shield feat should probably still scale fully to Kai, since it was the force of his hit that dispersed the chi shield and caused the shockwave, and Oogway is capable of hurting Kai.

So Town level for Kai, Ke-Pa and Oogway, as well as Mastery of Chi Po. I guess nothing needs to be changed, other than a note on the Ke-Pa calc saying "An unknown hollowed portion of the crater already existed before Ke-Pa made the crater."

Also, in a calc of mine I estimated KFP1 Oogway's height as being lower than the 1.77 m estimate I saw up there. That would probably lower the Kai calc by a little bit. Granted, Oogway seems weirdly taller in KFP3.

Also, in a calc of mine I estimated KFP1 Oogway's height as being lower than the 1.77 m estimate I saw up there. That would probably lower the Kai calc by a little bit. Granted, Oogway seems weirdly taller in KFP3.
Part of that is probably due to Abaddon pixel scaling along Oogway's neck too, whereas you only scaled from top to bottom.

Back