• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think this (or even just 2.1x universal if we say Otherworld and the Living World are each 3-A and the Kaioshin Realm is 1/10th of a universe) is a perfect conservative replacement for the current calc.
I think we can make CRT for another world to be considered as big as Universe all with work

?
It's already been accepted as a universe in size for years, it's about toning down how many times above baseline 3-A it's been via pixel scaling from the map, which is being deemed unusable.

I only said I didn't disagree with the fact that the components inside the bubble contradict the size scale, I still think it should be used as a reference guide that Otherworld is indeed larger than the living universe and strongly disagree with just making the living universe the size of a baseline observable universe.
Meudeus, Do you agree that we make another CRT for another world to be larger in scale than the observed Universe with guide quotes stating?

?
It's already been accepted as a universe in size for years, it's about toning down how many times above baseline 3-A it's been via pixel scaling from the map, which is being deemed unusable.
It's not anymore, Null took it out, saying that it comes from the anime, since it's not from the anime, three guides mention the size of the paradise of being Universal in size.

Your opinion?
I meant that the map can still be used to discern which realms are bigger than which (since the map does give heed to how their sizes compare in a more general sense of "what's bigger than what" relationship, hence the Kaioshin Realm being so much smaller than the Living Universe as it's established to be in canon) to get a general minimum size without considering any of it outright to scale.
It seems fine to me.

At mano, the manga remains the same, since a map has been defined, and which does not refute anything, for now, don't mess with the manga.
Ser point 2 of the op please, the map being the same doesn't change much

Forgot to post

I meant that the map can still be used to discern which realms are bigger than which (since the map does give heed to how their sizes compare in a more general sense of "what's bigger than what" relationship, hence the Kaioshin Realm being so much smaller than the Living Universe as it's established to be in canon) to get a general minimum size without considering any of it outright to scale.
Not gonna lie, this sounds like double standards, if the map has shown problems with the size scale of the stuff in it, why would the realms still be accurate in size? How can we trust the map with the size of the realms if it has things like king kai's planet at such tremendous discrapancy in size?

I only said I didn't disagree with the fact that the components inside the bubble contradict the size scale, I still think it should be used as a reference guide that Otherworld is indeed larger than the living universe and strongly disagree with just making the living universe the size of a baseline observable universe.
Why would the scale of the things in the map be out of scale, but the realms themselves not? Like, there is such discranpancy in size clear as day in the map, i really don't understand why would we arbitraraly choose what it is acurately depicting and what isn't when the map was never said to be made to scale anyway, if things like king kai's planet and the snake way are so abundantly wrong in scale, then there is no reason to not assume that the realms themselves are not also wrong in scale

I also think this (or even just 2.1x universal if we say Otherworld and the Living World are each 3-A and the Kaioshin Realm is 1/10th of a universe) is a perfect conservative replacement for the current calc.
Not for the anime tho, it straight up does not use the map at all

It's not anymore, Null took it out, saying that it comes from the anime, since it's not from the anime, three guides mention the size of the paradise of being Universal in size.
Only for the anime, we discussed it

1: this map is not consistent with dbs anime's visuals of how universes are, it is consistently shown to not look like the macrocosm map at all, so the calculations should be changed and be based on what the consistent map looks like instead of the macrocosm map, some may bring up the fact that the other dimensions of the universe like the afterlife and the kaioshin realm are not visible in the map used in the anime, for that i say:
they literally show this map in the DBS manga, though I agree it obviously shouldn't be pixel scaled.

However the spheres you're using to represent the universe are clearly representations too.

they literally show this map in the DBS manga, though I agree it obviously shouldn't be pixel scaled.
dbs manga=/=dbs anime

However the spheres you're using to represent the universe are clearly representations too.
says who? in the first scan, from when super shenron is being summoned, is clearly both universes, since we are seeing them from the outside perspective

It's unclear whether we can attribute the lack of presentation status to the map or if the statements are not being utilized for cosmological purposes.

Something else you're ignoring is the universes are separate spacetimes. They are their own dimensions, which is well-established via lore, so clearly the spheres are representations. Also, they are so inconsistent too, that you can't help but think this is the case. In the super shenron thing they're shown to be closer than they have been established to be via lore.

so we gonna ignore the kaioshin realm being 1/10th of the macrocosm, nice.
if the visuals in super contradict that notion, then yes we will, but we still have to discuss that about the manga, because it seems okay to me at least

So lore that's been established for 30 years gets destroyed? Nice.
do you know what a retcon is?

Something else you're ignoring is the universes are separate spacetimes. They are their own dimensions, which is well-established via lore, so clearly the spheres are representations.
i don't see how any of that is relevant to my argument, specially point 2

Also, they are so inconsistent too, that you can't help but think this is the case. In the super shenron thing they're shown to be closer than they have been established to be via lore.
explain

Statements go over visual representation, no? I thought this was already agreed upon
Not when said statements are from secondary cannon and contradict a consistent way the series has shown how universes are, the series has priority over it

You don't call something a retcon just cause of visuals lmao
Yes we do, thisis how they are in cannon, besides we already using a visual anyway

Has anyone mentioned anything about each of the universes fitting in their own sphere or what 🗿
What do you mean?

do you know what a retcon is?
Yeah, a retcon is when an audience makes a bad explanation for a verse instead of ACTUALLY having a consistent explanation for a verse, and saying "X got retconned" instead of "I was wrong that time around." There are no contradictory pieces of evidence in subjective fiction, only contradictory interpretations.

IMO that needs to change then, because I don't think that evidence is inherently above other because of being in guidebook form. Especially considering how guidebooks work culturally in japan aswell, and how authors use them.
You'd have to get a staff discussion thread accepted on that.

Yeah, a retcon is when an audience makes a bad explanation for a verse instead of ACTUALLY having a consistent explanation for a verse
no, retcon is when a verse changes previosly stablished story elements to another thing

, and saying "X got retconned" instead of "I was wrong that time around." There are no contradictory pieces of evidence in subjective fiction, only contradictory interpretations.
and this is why retcons exist, we blatantly see that the dbs anime does not use the map and that it uses a bubble with a cosmos as the universes, how can you say that it is my "bad interpretation" when it is something we clearly see?

They wouldn't be like 3d objects like spheres aligned in 3 dimensional space if that was the case? like.
who is to say that those are 3D objects?

"secondary canon" just sounds like an arbitrary standard you made up to get your view above ours, eventhough it has less evidence for it.
Check the page on Canon. Secondary canon is an accepted term.

IMO that needs to change then, because I don't think that evidence is inherently above other because of being in guidebook form. Especially considering how guidebooks work culturally in japan aswell, and how authors use them.
the series itself always takes precedence over anything that is just adding to it, the same logic applies to WoG, if it contradicts the main material, we don't use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back