• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see the issue with 3-A Afterlife remaining based off the map literally depicting it to be bigger than the Living Universe
the map in in size scale, so to use it to scale any size is wrong, this is the proposal of the thread

, it’s a pretty straightforward Occam’s Razor when considering that the map does take into consideration how the realms correspond in size hence the Kaioshin Realm being so much smaller than the Living Universe.
non sequitur, the kaioshin realm being doesn't change the fact the map is not in scale in the size department

Doubly so when considering that the Afterlife dwarfs the Kaioshin Realm which is at least 1/10th of a universe in size.
We don't know if it dwarfs it or not

Not everything has to be perfectly to scale in order for the map to deliver a more general “this is bigger than that” dichotomy for the realms.
If basic things like king kai's planet and the snake way are so absurdlyout of scale, why should we trust that anything else is?

The rest of the map like the distance between the realms and exact pixel scaling done with it should probably be discarded as not to scale though.
Ok

@omegabronic I'm not saying the map is to scale either, I'm saying that when it comes to the realms, it gives attention to the general dichotomy of what's bigger than what, hence the Kaioshin Realm which is 1/10th of it's size being much smaller than the Living Universe.
Well, if you agree that the map os not to scale, then you cannot use it to say to scale the size of the realms either, luckily the kaioshin realm has a statement of being 1/10 of the universe's size outside of the map

The realms existing is not a factor here, they do exist in the universe, they are just not visible in dbs anime version of the universe
Again, you have to prove that this was the intended result and not just the animators doing their thing, and considering that the manga explicitly shows the model for the macrocosm, I'm very doubtful of this.

The fact that we don't see them from outside the universe?
Yet in the manga it's clear as day. And we use a composite cosmology.

If they aren't in scale, why would anything else be?
Because we have actual statements to the actual size of everything else. We aren't just going off visuals.

Again, you have to prove that this was the intended result and not just the animators doing their thing
It is the oposite, you have to prove this when nothing indicates it

, and considering that the manga explicitly shows the model for the macrocosm
, I'm very doubtful of this.
Manga is not relevant for point 1 of the op

Yet in the manga it's clear as day. And we use a composite cosmology.
well, in this case it is very clear that both are different in this regard

Because we have actual statements to the actual size of everything else. We aren't just going off visuals.
Said statements were rejected in the last thread, the afterlife parts, and the kaioshin realm is not valid for the anime as it contradicted by the way the universe is portraited, for the manga tho we can still use it i believe

Manga is not relevant for point 1 of the op
Yes it is.

Said statements were rejected in the last thread, the afterlife parts, and the kaioshin realm is not valid for the anime as it contradicted by the way the universe is portraited, for the manga tho we can still use it i believe
We use a composite cosmology. Your entire argument is that things aren't to scale while trying to argue that the stuff in the images is to scale.

i didn’t know a point for earth to the kaioshin realm was being used but either way if this goes through

We’ll have to use stated sizes for the realms to make this consistent and I’ll start off by saying the discussion rule has been lifted for this thread as Damage said and there’s no contradictions to the stated size of the realm and this gives the argument and debunks any possible counter arguments like “The universe has an edge”, etc.
https://vsbattles.com/threads/dragonball-cosmology-revision-part-3.150265/post-5534537
This is the argument for infinite db universe

Yes it is.
Point 1 is about the anime, not the manga

We use a composite cosmology.
We can change that here no problem

Your entire argument is that things aren't to scale while trying to argue that the stuff in the images is to scale.
No? When did i ever argue that the stuff in the images is to scale

i didn’t know a point for earth to the kaioshin realm was being used but either way if this goes through

We’ll have to use stated sizes for the realms to make this consistent and I’ll start off by saying the discussion rule has been lifted for this thread as Damage said and there’s no contradictions to the stated size of the realm and this gives the argument
yeah, for the kaioshin realm as the afterlife has no stated size in the main cannon

and debunks any possible counter arguments like “The universe has an edge”, etc.
https://vsbattles.com/threads/dragonball-cosmology-revision-part-3.150265/post-5534537
This is the argument for infinite db universe
1 derailing 2 it wouldn't change anything since earth is still on the edge of the universe in both anime and manga of dbs, so the contradictions still exist, but let us not discuss this here, infinite universe is irrelevant to this thread

Point 1 is about the anime, not the manga

We can change that here no problem

No? When did i ever argue that the stuff in the images is to scale

yeah, for the kaioshin realm as the afterlife has no stated size in the main cannon

1 derailing 2 it wouldn't change anything since earth is still on the edge of the universe in both anime and manga of dbs, so the contradictions still exist, but let us not discuss this here, infinite universe is irrelevant to this thread
Omega we discussed the edge argument countlessly and it was debunked (unobservable and observable) are you really gonna start all of that over again? And yes this is relevant here since we have to replace this Calc by using stated sizes for the realms and it should be able to be used as long as there is no contradictions but don’t act like we didn’t discuss this in the other thread

Omega we discussed the edge argument countlessly and it was debunked (unobservable and observable) are you really gonna start all of that over again? And yes this is relevant here since we have to replace this Calc by using stated sizes for the realms and it should be able to be used as long as there is no contradictions but don’t act like we didn’t discuss this in the other thread
We did discuss it in the other thread, but the arguments were not refuted, in fact you agreed with me in discord about the anime universe not being infinite, that thread is still in motion so please stop derailing this thread with topics from another ongoing thread

We use a composite cosmology

That is stupid. If you want to change that, then do it separately. Don't resort to that just because it goes against your argument.
I am proposing another structure for the universes in db, aka another cosmology thus this thread serves this purpose

Check the OP
Are you going to point it out like i asked or?

We did discuss it in the other thread, but the arguments were not refuted, in fact you agreed with me in discord about the anime universe not being infinite, that thread is still in motion so please stop derailing this thread with topics from another ongoing thread

I am proposing another structure for the universes in db, aka another cosmology thus this thread serves this purpose

Are you going to point it out like i asked or?
You interpreted it wrong I said that the argument could work for the anime if you take that as the real universe depiction but for the manga and toeiverse there’s no way you can deny it and I’m not detailing this is apart of the thread since this is dealing with changing the size of the universe and since the Calc isn’t good we use stated sizes and

You interpreted it wrong I said that the argument could work for the anime if you take that as the real universe depiction but for the manga and toeiverse there’s no way you can deny it and I’m not detailing this is apart of the thread since this is dealing with changing the size of the universe and since the Calc isn’t good we use stated sizes and
This is not part of the thread, this thread is about removing the size contradicting map that is currently used in the calculations, the argument for the finite or infinite universes is irrelevant here and does not concern this thread's proposal, it is derailing, discuss this in the thread that is proposing it and not here

This is not part of the thread, this thread is about removing the size contradicting map that is currently used in the calculations, the argument for the finite or infinite universes is irrelevant here and does not concern this thread's proposal, it is derailing, discuss this in the thread that is proposing it and not here
The map isn’t contradicting just inconsistent as a result the statements regarding the universes size should take place so I’m not derailing in any way and is appropriate for the topic

The map isn’t contradicting just inconsistent as a result the statements regarding the universes size should take place
it is contradicting the sizes of the structures, the only statement regarding the size of the other dimensions is the 1/10 of the macrocosm one for the kaioshin realm, and even then in the proposal for the anime we would not consider that since if it was that big, we would have seen it in the numerous times universes are shown in the dbs anime, so it would only apply for the manga of dbs

so I’m not derailing in any way and is appropriate for the topic
yes you are, the argument for infinite universes or for finite universe are irrelevant for this thread, it changes nothing in any direction whatsoever, it is derailing to talk about it when there is already a thread to discuss it in the first place, please stop clogging the thread and making it longer, i am asking politely, but if you continue i will have no choice but to report you, i don't want to have to do that, so please stop

The infinite Universe 7 argument is just derailing so stop talking about that. That topic has already been argued in the past and is being argued in the staff thread and is still not accepted at all. Akm(who you guys use to disagree with this thread) has already thoroughly ended that topic and if you want infinite universe dragon ball ask them to comment in the staff thread to get rejected for the 100th time.

If universe 7 total size is the same of the observable universe...

Bill x Goku universe 7 destruction speed

8.7984793395e+26 meters (O.U diameter)
30 s accept time stamp of the feat

8.7984793395e+26 meters / 30 s = 2,93282645e+25 m/s

9,7828560116745840e+16 times the speed of light

it is contradicting the sizes of the structures, the only statement regarding the size of the other dimensions is the 1/10 of the macrocosm one for the kaioshin realm, and even then in the proposal for the anime we would not consider that since if it was that big, we would have seen it in the numerous times universes are shown in the dbs anime, so it would only apply for the manga of dbs
Yet we still use a composite cosmology, so this entire argument is moot

yes you are, the argument for infinite universes or for finite universe are irrelevant for this thread, it changes nothing in any direction whatsoever, it is derailing to talk about it when there is already a thread to discuss it in the first place, please stop clogging the thread and making it longer, i am asking politely, but if you continue i will have no choice but to report you, i don't want to have to do that, so please stop
I’m just gonna let you know I wasn’t derailing I got it off of a staff thread I was reading that stated sizes are the highest authority in a staff discussing inconsistent sizes but since we are talking about it in another thread I’ll stop chatting about it but what I was saying was relevant to the thread so that would’ve been a false report

bump, thanks to klol we already have a value for the destruction of the universe for the anime in both ap and speed following the observable universe size, now for the manga, we still need to decide if we can use the statement of the kaioshin realm being "1/10 of the universe" and as such would need to be added to the value of the calc for the destruction of the universe in the manga since on contrary to the anime it is never contradicted since we don't see the universe from outside

so i would like to hear opinions about it before any recalc involving the manga feat gets made

This is a Dragon Ball thread, so it's not going to be applied in any sense of the word even beyond the 48-hour grace period unless it has DDM and AKM comment, given the volatility of the nature of the feat itself and the verse as a whole.

So y'all can wait and not worry about things being bullrushed.

this is not relevant to what i said tho?
This is extremely important, DD already commented and disagrees with this, we show arguments refuting the topic, DD presented it too, now we must wait for AKM to comment here, she and DD put the rule about. So that won't apply until she arrives.

This is extremely important, DD already commented and disagrees with this, we show arguments refuting the topic, DD presented it too, now we must wait for AKM to comment here, she and DD put the rule about. So that won't apply until she arrives.
i was not talking it for it to be applied, just that it would need further discussion for the manga even if this thread is accepted, i was not asking it to be applied yet

i was not talking it for it to be applied, just that it would need further discussion for the manga even if this thread is accepted, i was not asking it to be applied yet
At mano, the manga remains the same, since a map has been defined, and which does not refute anything, for now, don't mess with the manga.

Forgot to post
then i am very confused about your point, if you are not using the map to scale the sizes, they how can you use the map to scale the sizes?
I meant that the map can still be used to discern which realms are bigger than which (since the map does give heed to how their sizes compare in a more general sense of "what's bigger than what" relationship, hence the Kaioshin Realm being so much smaller than the Living Universe as it's established to be in canon) to get a general minimum size without considering any of it outright to scale.

I only said I didn't disagree with the fact that the components inside the bubble contradict the size scale, I still think it should be used as a reference guide that Otherworld is indeed larger than the living universe and strongly disagree with just making the living universe the size of a baseline observable universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back