• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super: Universes/Timeline Tiering Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
A summary of the arguments needs to be compiled.
That, or a more concise, preferably staff-only, thread needs to be built off of the arguments presented here.
Can i make a staff only thread compiling all the arguments from both sides ? This thread in itself stretched into 8 pages and became a mess. People are throwing off random things already rejected years ago.
That seems like a good idea.

Other genuinely knowledgeable members are also welcome to help out with this.

Less pointless spam posts would also be very helpful.

db_macrocosm.png

dragon ball macrocosmos contains multiple different size, rosat is already a dimension outside our universe but within the macrocosmos. rosat is not shown to us as a field outside the entire macrocosmos.

db_macrocosm.png

dragon ball macrocosmos contains multiple different size, rosat is already a dimension outside our universe but within the macrocosmos. rosat is not shown to us as a field outside the entire macrocosmos.
That's one of the things I will mention in my future comments. Thank you for mentioning.

universe 7 has different dimensions inside so this downgrade is ridiculous
this was addressed in the last thread, none of said dimensions have evidence of being space times

If rosat is outside the universe, that doesn't mean it's outside the macrocosmos.
there is no proof that it is inside the macrocosm, again this was addressed in the last thread, go read it first

don't be a liar, there are more arguments above, there are other dimensions above, and other arguments besides this one, please put them all.
i am not a liar, i just put the arguments that weren't addressed already on the precious thread, and i don't have the patient to read all of the thread again just to summarize points that are not even mine, if you want to make a summery feel free

since the agreement argument uses statements from the dbs manga to prove their point i suggest this only be a manga justification.
Can somebody here do so please?
since the agreement argument uses statements from the dbs manga to prove their point i suggest this only be a manga justification.
basically the wiki treats both cosmologies of anime and manga as the same, since both are equaly canon to the manga of dbz so whatever one changes it applies to the manga of z, in which applies to the other since z is canon to both, this is an already decided thing that even has a rule, this thread isn't the place to argue this

this was addressed in the last thread, none of said dimensions have evidence of being space times

there is no proof that it is inside the macrocosm, again this was addressed in the last thread, go read it first

i am not a liar, i just put the arguments that weren't addressed already on the precious thread, and i don't have the patient to read all of the thread again just to summarize points that are not even mine, if you want to make a summery feel free
I've read but the problem is that being outside the universe doesn't mean it's outside the macrocosm, even if the other dimensions aren't low2c it doesn't change that fact. other universes have never been shown to be able to access rosat The only universe that can access rosat is our universe, it is not correct to say directly outside the rosat macrocosmos without proof that other universes cannot reach it.

I've read but the problem is that being outside the universe doesn't mean it's outside the macrocosm
it would need proof of it being inside the macrocosm in the first place

, even if the other dimensions aren't low2c it doesn't change that fact.
if the other dimensions are not space times then they don't matter for this thread

other universes have never been shown to be able to access rosat The only universe that can access rosat is our universe
because they don't have access to the door/portal

, it is not correct to say directly outside the rosat macrocosmos without proof that other universes cannot reach it.
i don't see the point of this point

not going to ansswer much after this since as ant said
No unproductive spam posts please.

it would need proof of it being inside the macrocosm in the first place

if the other dimensions are not space times then they don't matter for this thread

because they don't have access to the door/portal

i don't see the point of this point

not going to ansswer much after this since as ant said
I think our ideas will continue like this, I don't want to say anything extra because my opinion will not change

the only argument from the otherside that wasn't already adressed in the last thread is this
which is about a guide saying that the rosat is a subspace of the living universe, but this is contradicted by series since the rosat was said to not be part of the universe

I said that the subspace can be referring to the RoSaT being a space inside of a space (inside the timeline) and I said I’m not claiming this for the universe but I guess keep straw manning me

I said that the subspace can be referring to the RoSaT being a space inside of a space (inside the timeline) and I said I’m not claiming this for the universe but I guess keep straw manning me
btw the discussion here is being done in a staff only thread, just to note

Okay, I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

Are you even allowed to refer to that Chouzenshuu 4 statement about the Room of Spirit and Time being a "Subspace" of Universe 7 if there is not a proper scan or proper translation? The only information we have to go off of is a footnote at the bottom of a list of translations without any source.
Hop will not dispute your fact, but will use it to make a point for this thread going forward:

From a moderation perspective, this is often suitable depending on the instance. For this case, since it alters tiers of several characters and feats in a verse, the wording is highly important. We do not always enforce a blanket rule that a "trusted translator" is properly interpreting a statement, in or out of context. It's a wiki, not the government. We can fix any mistakes like that with a revision down the road. Tiresome as it can be, if we dictate that we as a community agree on a revision, with fair and undoubting evidence, we can proceed with updates or changes, as well as undoing them. We've done it before, it's expected of us as large verses from foreign places undergo large or minor canon alterations as new material comes forward.

What's the point in debating 8 pages when at the end of the day its the staff who decides what's gonna happen ?
You are always welcome to provide new info if we get something wrong. Staff only isn't a hard and fast rule, but we appreciate when others leave the staff to make decisions ourselves. If we're in the middle of a locked thread, you can write on our walls to interject something if you feel compelled to.

Hop will not dispute your fact, but will use it to make a point for this thread going forward:

From a moderation perspective, this is often suitable depending on the instance. For this case, since it alters tiers of several characters and feats in a verse, the wording is highly important. We do not always enforce a blanket rule that a "trusted translator" is properly interpreting a statement, in or out of context. It's a wiki, not the government. We can fix any mistakes like that with a revision down the road. Tiresome as it can be, if we dictate that we as a community agree on a revision, with fair and undoubting evidence, we can proceed with updates or changes, as well as undoing them. We've done it before, it's expected of us as large verses from foreign places undergo large or minor canon alterations as new material comes forward.
btw hop, this thread stoped and it is a now a staff discussion thread, here https://vsbattles.com/threads/dragon-ball-cosmology-revision.148648/

I don't know if anyone has said it before but if they had the same time period wouldn't broly and kefla be the same age? after all they are legendary saiyans that come once in a thousand years.

so we all know broly and kefla are not the same age, i think that should be enough of an argument

I don't know if anyone has said it before but if they had the same time period wouldn't broly and kefla be the same age? after all they are legendary saiyans that come once in a thousand years.

so we all know broly and kefla are not the same age, i think that should be enough of an argument
Wait, how old even are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back