• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Movie: Broly is finally Canon!

Golden Void said:
I just hope they don't bring him back to kill him. Hopefully Beerus trains with Broly personally or something.
inb4 He becomes apart of the main gang.

Again many reasons and the result is the same. Broly is calm and shy in base and total manic and ****** in his LSSJ form, what his father did to him is irrelevant because this is the fandom image of Broly in General. and yet again I am not arguing by saying Kale is bad character simply because she's Broly rip-off I am just asking Toei motive here, Also Caulifla wasn't even Toei's character it was Toriyama's idea and they throw her in the anime and one thing lead to another, whta would Kale's character been if Caulifla wasn't around?. Also Broly doesn't need a lot of charismatic really, the fans loved him for what he was and his simplicity is what him popular I think

-That's fine

-You are dragging me into a hole here by comparing the two, I was just talking about Marketing and orginal creating of the character, no matter what they did with Kale she's still Broly rip-off with few touches to change her later on in the ToP

-You just said they didn't think of Broly at that time and they STILL didn't explain Kale's form, just like how they didn't explain SSJ Rage and SSJ Evaluation. introducing cool things and not explaining it became DBS thing as of late

That being said I am positive they will explain this time around since the movie ties into the Sayian origin and whatnot

I am ending this here because it's dragging and missing the point of my orginal quastion. I just asked why they made kale if they gonna bring back Broly and the answer could posisbily be they didn't think of Broly back then, which is fine again I don't mind two brolys LOL

Broly had a very cool design and concept. His character, personality, motives and backstory were total shit. Hopefully Toriyama can reboot him into something much better with the potential he had.

Honestly I think Broly's backstory would be a lot better if they made him hate Vegeta instead of Goku

Cause having his dad attempt to murder him as a baby is a hell of a lot worse then annoying crying

"Again many reasons and the result is the same. Broly is calm and shy in base and total manic and ****** in his LSSJ form, what his father did to him is irrelevant because this is the fandom image of Broly in General. and yet again I am not arguing by saying Kale is bad character simply because she's Broly rip-off I am just asking Toei motive here, also Broly doesn't need a lot of charismatic really, the fans loved him for what he was and his simplicity is what him popular I think "although his fans are cancer yeah" You are dragging me into here by comparing the two, I was just talking about Marketing and creating of the character, not matter what they did with her she's still Broly rip-off with few touches to change her later on in the ToP

Apparently all homages are rip offs? She wasn't made to rip Broly off, nor did she do so. She was made as a homage to Broly.

"You just said they didn't think of Broly at that time and they STILL didn't explain Kale's form, just like how they didn't explain SSJ Rage and SSJ Evaluation. introducing cool things and not explaining it became DBS thing as of late"

And what pray tell does that have to do with my argument? Just because they didn't do so during the anime due to the countless different writers of Super, doesn't mean they won't during a film that has one main writer and an editor. in fact, this more or less gives them the option of explaining something they did not during the ToP as this is a movie about the Saiyans.

Ryukama said:
Broly had a very cool design and concept. His character, personality, motives and backstory were total shit. Hopefully Toriyama can reboot him into something much better with the potential he had.
Yet he's popular somehow, tbh I also like Broly and I don't know wy lol

Broly is trope on his own~

ZERO7772 said:
LMAO so Kale is the original now and Broly is the rip-off? TRIGGERED
Broly is the original - Kale is the homage and the original in canon - Broly is the canon interpretation of the orginal Broly and is thus the original Broly and the homage to Broly and Kale.....wait a minute............

Golden Void said:
I just hope they don't bring him back to kill him. Hopefully Beerus trains with Broly personally or something.
>implaying Broly doesn't already stomp Beerus~

@Js250476, I agree.

Another thing is that Broly is pretty much the opposite of every other Dragon Ball villain. Most Dragon Ball Villains have ridiculous character designs, but character more than makes up for that. When it comes to main villains, we got, A questionably gendered alien thing, but is a galactic terrorist who talks like a British gentlema, An anthropomorphic Beetle with a scorpion tail, but is a badass gladiator with the DNA and powers of a semi-composite Z fighter, A Demonic Bubble Gum man with a split innocent and chaotic personality disorder who later splits into two entities. Then you have Broly, a character who looks like a Hulking Leviathan with a Badass Punk hairdo, but all he does is rampage and destroy.

We all know Broly will achieve the legendary EL BLANCO super saiyan form

Broly is the original - Kale is the homage and the original in canon - Broly is the canon interpretation of the orginal Broly and is thus the original Broly and the homage to Broly and Kale.....wait a minute............

Well, now my head hurt...

Tbh yeah even among the movie villains Broly was far from the best imo

Cooler,Janemba,Hirudegarn Ect were way cooler and had just as interesting concepts imo

One thing I hated about the Broly movies is that they made Vegeta into a giant, snivelling coward. Making Vegeta terrified of him would be one thing. But reducing him to someone who was so petrified with fear he could barely move and having Piccolo carry him around like a baby is just way too much. The fact that everyone else, even Gohan, had no issue at all continuing to fight Broly just made him look so much worse.

There's having people get worfed or jobbed, but they completely degraded his character entirely for the sake of making this guy look cool. And it didn't even make Broly look cool. It just made Vegeta look pathetic.

It addition is it just me or was how Broly beaten in the first movie kinda BS?

I mean he was manhandling everyone by this point with little effort including Goku and suddenly everyone's Little energy they gave Goku is enough to one shot him ( a lot of them were already low on energy to begin with to IIRC)

On screen, it looked like Broly just exploded after Goku punched him, but some speculate what actually happened was that he was launched from one edge of the universe to the other. Also, I didn't mind Vegeta acting like a coward too much; though, that's probably because I'm a Piccolo fan who liked seeing Piccolo portrayed as the badass serious character he was. How'd he hear from one end of the universe to the other, and how did he get there in the first place?

Js250476 said:
It addition is it just me or was how Broly beaten in the first movie kinda BS?

I mean he was manhandling everyone by this point with little effort including Goku and suddenly everyone's Little energy they gave Goku is enough to one shot him ( a lot of them were already low on energy to begin with to IIRC)
Just like How Trunks pulled Spirit bomb from a dead planet and nearly dead two Saiyans and beat Zamasu with it who not even Vegito could put down? Yeah

I always thought that Broly's expanding power grew to great and the little energy boosted punch made him explode. Broly did say his power was "over-flowing".

Like when you fill up a balloon with air until it pops. The punch is like a needle in such a scenario.

There is a chance that Broly in this movie will be getting that Beerus or Freeza ROF treatment. Meaning, he may be either defeated or there is a draw, but not killed because Akira Toriyama said Goku, Vegeta, and Broly will be uncovering the history of Saiyans and Frieza force.

So, we can expect Broly to live to make an appearance when Dragon Ball Super anime maybe returns or just another movie.

So we know both Broly and Frieza are appearing in this movie. I'd love to see them interract with one another. I wonder how Broly would react meeting the man who destroyed his planet and nearly wiped out his whole race. Inb4 he still doesn't hate Frieza as much as he hates Goku for crying as a baby.

Wew

I can't actually wait for this movie. I always found Broly to be the most interesting DBZ movie villain, not because of his character but the fact that when he's in one the action gets amped twice fold. But I do hope that they give him a better reason to want to kill Goku other than "That ****** woke me up while I was sleeping" ( To be fair, I also get pretty ******* pissed whenever people wake me up. )

Finally we are gonna learn why Vegeta said that Kale's was the saiyan's true/original form.

The Everlasting said:
My guess is they'll just keep Broly's basic backstory of him being the "Super Saiyan of legend that appears every thousand years" business, but not his reason for hating Goku and maybe not even making Paragus canon.

@Matt, basically something I mentioned above.

@Knight, and same here personally. I too am a Night Owl who hates being woken up so early in the morning. Especially if it's from a loud screaming or crying noise.

Back