• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super: Episode 131 Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPin0422

Derp Idol
Joke Battles
Retired
1. In the final episode of Dragon Ball Super, Android 17's wish is to restore all of the universes that were erased in the Tournament of Power, and it delivers.

Clearly this makes Super Shenron qualified for a 2-C rating.

2. Whis also resurrects Frieza. This likely scales to the other Angels.

3. It's been proposed by Aeyu that Frieza and #17 be upgraded to High 3-A. Reasons are that they've been shown to consistently fight and keep up with Low 2-C characters, 17 being able to defeat Jiren's attack and survive, and Freeza being able to overpower a severely weakened Jiren who had powered up yet again with Goku's help, alongside being equal to post-MUI SSJ Goku.

I fully agree with this. I also think that High 3-A Frieza and 17 are both justified as well as even a weakened Jiren should still be Low 2-C.

What do you mean "What?" It's exactly what I said. No one else would scale to High 3-A but Freeza and 17. They've already shown being able to fight Low 2-C's several times over, and 17 being able to defeat Jiren's attack and survive as well as Freeza and Goku being able to overpower a once-again powered up Jiren = High 3-A no matter how you cut it, unless we want to keep shouting "outlier, outlier!" over and over again.

Additionally, I agree with Resurrection being added to all Angel characters.

Can we not start this again, at the very least make another thread about it.

This thread is about 2-C Super Shenron and nothing else.

I don't see why we need to make two separate threads about DB upgrades. The topic can, of course also be changed.

Keep in mind SS brought back beings that weren't just killed, that were erased from existence. Does that count towards anything?

Vegan Gains said:
A base Goku and Frieza defeated Jiren, I don't think he was low-2c during that bout.
Jiren did power up even further after being weakened, and Goku still needed SSJ to finish him off, so I would think that Frieza being High 3-A is reasonable.

Jiren massively powered up right before this attack. Not to mention that you can't have your cake and eat it too when saying Low 2-C is infinitely above 3-A. If that's the case, even the most miniscule portion of that is High 3-A, which still supports the argument as even SSJB Goku before MUI was Low 2-C. And this isn't an outlier like Anilaza or questionable like Kefla, we've seen evidence for this time and time again, and only now does it really seem permissible. Keep in mind that I was one of the biggest opponents for High 3-A Freeza and 17 for some time.

I think we all know Super is wonky in the way they present how powerful their characters are, so it's difficult pinpointing how powerful these characters can be sometimes. Jiren wasn't even flinching when he was attacked by SSJ/2 Goku and only used a finger to defend himself against SSG Goku, but felt the need to block a Vegeta who was heavily depleted on ki, and could barely stand up, Take that as you will.

Apples and oranges, because if you want to go there, I can use the defense that Vegeta had previously broken his limits, something shown time and time again to cause a permanent increase in power to whoever does so.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Keep in mind SS brought back beings that weren't just killed, that were erased from existence. Does that count towards anything?
Well, it just probably counted as a potent reality warp. Nothing more.

Speaking of resurrection, shouldn't goku have it on his list of abilities since he brought himself back to life after he killed him?

Also I don't see why Super Shenron can't be just straight 2-C. Calling it "At least 3-B" based on size alone seems redundant when it possesses the power to kill gods and affect the existential structure of bubble universes. It's like calling Goku at least Wall level because his size and ability to survive being hit by a laser while taken off guard, except with even less basis. Keep in mind Black only destroyed the Super Dragon Balls and not the dragon itself.

I disagree with High 3-A Freeza and 17, I am sorry. Neither were High 3-A before or in the beginning of the Tournament, and making them so now makes no logical sense. They had no transformation boosts or Zenkais.

@Vegan Gains

There's literally no reason to assume that being outlierish when Goku got smacked by Hit in SSJB KKx10, then could beat him in SSJB only a little while later, and could contend with enemies at his level in SSJG in the ToP.

@Matt

Be that as it may, is it not disingenuous to keep calling every feat of them contending with Low 2-C characters competently again and again outlierish?

90% of those feats are taken out of context and exaggerated. If the character is gravely injured, or not wielding their full power, than it isn't a 4D feat.

@Aeyu, uhhh no, The timespan between the Universe 6 arc and Future Trunks arc was a year and a half later I think. Vegeta would have to get 50-100x stronger in 48 minutes, actually only in like 10 minutes, which is completely ridiculous.

About Super Shenron, he needs a note that his 2-C key is useless in combat since, well, Shenron can't use 2-C power without someone else wishing for it.

Kepekley23 said:
High 3-A is based on pick and choosing.
This. It picks their feats against suppressed / wounded & tired Jiren and ignore everything else.

Hell, 3-A 18 is based on pick and choosing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back