• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 74: Broly Hype is unstoppable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also this would be a downgrade Base Broly and initial Wrath Broly.

Base Broly is now only above Post-2nd UIS SS1 which means his win against Future Trunks Saga Vegito should now be removed since he would get AP stomped.

Wrath Broly is now initially a lower end of Low 2-C for being comparable to Post-UI SS1 Goku who is much stronger than his Base form which was shown to be able to hold his own against Wrath Broly somewhat better than SSG Vegeta did. After he adapts to Post-UI SSG Goku Wrath Broly will be slightly weaker than Post-UI SSB Goku.

Warren Valion said:
Makes sense considering that Vegeta is probably spending most of his time raising Bra.
Meh, even after his final atonement, Bulma made clear he barely pass any time with them, i don't see why he would change after Bra's birth.

Dragomer said:
Warren Valion said:
Makes sense considering that Vegeta is probably spending most of his time raising Bra.
Meh, even after his final atonement, Bulma made clear he barely pass any time with them, i don't see why he would change after Bra's birth.
He actively denied training to get stronger to be there for Bra's birth.

He's taking parenting very seriously now.

Warren Valion said:
Dragomer said:
Warren Valion said:
He actively denied training to get stronger to be there for Bra's birth.
He's taking parenting very seriously now.
What he denied was going to the tournament since his wife was about to give birth, if his final atonement didn't make him pass that much time with his family, i doubt Bra being born would change anything, hell, Bulma clearly is still the one taking care of Bra since she is the one who ask Beerus to babysit her.

Him showing he is willing to do the bar minimum (being there for the birth) doesn't mean he is taking parenting seriously enough to let Goku pass him in power, especialy when we saw Goku pass more time with Goten in time of piece than we saw Vegeta with Trunks, unless Vegeta really favorise Bra as all hell.

To think that Dragon Ball Evolution had a budget of $30 million and Broly, $8.5 million. That settles it. Animes shouldn't be adapted to live action. 2D animation needs to make a comeback in mainstream. Take notes Alita.

Peter1129 said:
So after going to the previous thread and looking at the light novel scans I decided to google translate them. And there seems to be some important powerscaling stuff in it. So I'll just post two lines that I think are important to the scaling.

ÒüØÒéîÒéÆÒü¥ÒüƒÒâÖÒé©Òâ╝Òé┐ÒüîÒüïÒéÅÒüùÒÇüõ╗èÕ║ªÒü»Õ¥îÚá¡Úâ¿ÒéüÒüîÒüæÒüªÞ╣┤ÒéèÒéÆÕàÑÒéîÒéïÒÇéÒâûÒâ¡Òâ¬Òâ╝Òü«õ©èÕìèÞ║½ÒüîÒéÅÒüÜÒüïÒü½ÕëìÒü«ÒéüÒéèÒü½Òü¬ÒéïÒüîÒÇüÒüØÒéîÒüáÒüæÒüáÒüúÒüƒÒÇé

Vegeta again dodges it, this time kick in the back of the head. The upper body of the bowlies is slightly forward swaying, but that was it.

µ┐ÇÒüùÒüäµö╗Úÿ▓ÒüîÒüéÒüúÒüƒÒâÖÒé©Òâ╝Òé┐Òü¿Òü«µêªÒüäÒüºÒü»ÒÇüÒâûÒâ¡Òâ¬Òâ╝Òü»õ¢ôÕèøÒü½ÒééÒü«ÒéÆÞ¿ÇÒéÅÒüøÒÇüµö╗µÆâÒéÆÒüïÒéÅÒüòÒüÜÕ╝ÀÕ╝òÒü½ÕÅìµÆâÒüùÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒüîÒÇüµéƒþ®║Òü½Õ»¥ÒüùÒüªÒü»Òü╗Òü╝Õ»¥þ¡ëÒü«µëôÒüíÕÉêÒüäÒéÆÒüÅÒéèÒü▓ÒéìÒüÆÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒÇé

In the battle with Vegeta where there was a fierce battle, Brolly had been striking strongly instead of attacking, letting physical strength tell one thing, but he had been striking nearly equal battle against Goku.

So SSG Vegeta was only able to make Wrath Broly's body somewhat sway forward but that was it. While SS1 Goku was having a nearly equal match with Wrath Broly.
Well I'll be damned. I was right.

I'll make the thread about this sometime in the future. For now I suggest we wait a bit. I still need to make some other threads to fix some of the DBS characters AP description and tiering.

Pretty sure the ToP had Goku stating that SSJG isn't as strong as it originally was, now focusing on speed or something.

In the ToP when he saved Hit. Whis said SSG is faster than super Saiyan and consumes less stamina than blue. But it's pretty clear that SSG is also far more powerful than his non god forms. As he managed to make casual Jiren use a finger to block his attacks when his SS2 form can only slightly tilt his head.

Yeah the current gap between SS1 Goku and SSG Vegeta is huge. Heck even Base Goku was shown to have performed slightly better than SSG Vegeta did against Wrath Broly.

I mean Base Goku actually traded blows with Wrath Broly head on and made him block some of his attacks. He also tanked a few punches from Wrath Broly without guarding. And in both the movie and the light novel SSG Vegeta had to dodge and block Wrath Broly's. And he only attacks when Wrath Broly left himself wide open. Although in the end even an off guard attack didn't do a thing to Wrath Broly.

That is... A massive stretch. Just because Jiren literally blocked with only a finger does not mean that the gap between SSJ2 Goku and SSJG is still huge.

The novel also does state that his power was constantly erupting as he faced Goku.

"As Broly's fight became fixated on Goku, he lets out some deep growls. Rather than that being a sign of his burning fighting spirit, it seemed more like he was in pain due to his power constantly erupting "

It's also shown to be huge during the fight with Kale and Caulifla. As well as in the movie with Vegeta and Broly.

At the time when he was still SS2 he was getting beat up by LSS2 Kale and SS2 Caulifla but the moment he turned SSG he completely no sold a Ki blast from LSS2 Kale and destroyed her Ki blast with a tiny Ki ball of his.

Vegeta also thought it was a bad idea to let Broly adapt so he decided to go straight to SSG so it became impossible for Broly (who has already adapted to SS1 Vegeta) to quickly adapt to Vegeta during their fight because the gap was too big.

@Peter Yeah, that gap still isn't really huge, espically no where near BoG.

@Jobbo, is the novel the original script?

It's still shown to be really big though. And I don't think we have any confirmation on SSG getting weaker after BoG. All we know is that it's much stronger than his normal super saiyan forms.

Not sure if it's the original script but the novel does give more insight on what happened in some parts of the movie.

The original script resulted in a three hour storyboard so presumably lots of things were cut out, therefore the novel should be trimmed down as well.

Anyway, it does state that SSG unlocks a far superior dimension of power when Vegeta transforms.

I never said that though. All I said is that I don't think we have confirmation it got weaker but we know that it's still ridiculously more powerful than his normal super saiyan forms.

Edit: Okay now that I reread my posts yeah I could see why it sounded like that.

Anyways ignore what I said before. I agree that the current SSG form shouldn't be as powerful as it was when it first appeared since he already absorbed the power of SSG into his base form. But it should still be far more powerful than his normal super saiyan forms.

MShadows from Narutoforums translated the Vegeta vs Broly fight. Reading that you can clearly see that SSG Vegeta is inferior to Ikari Broly.

.... Okay then. Why do people think the statement Broly is the strongest in existence by Frieza refers to The Angels and therefore shouldn't be considered ?

Not only is that assuming way too much ( Frieza knows the power of the Angels & GoD, him knowing how to sense God KI when there is no statement indicating such , and implying he's stronger than them period. )

And if SSJ Broly >>> Golden Frieza >>> SSB Goku (Broly Movie) who was stated to be UIO 3rd Level. That would mean he would be at UIO 3rd level bare minimum.

Not accounting Fusion Multipliers ( Gogeta's base would be 50x stronger Ethan SSB Goku and Vegeta combined ) then add in the fact that Super Saiyan is used... There is no way he wouldn't be at least comparable to Jiren.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
.... Okay then. Why do people think the statement Broly is the strongest in existence by Frieza refers to The Angels and therefore shouldn't be considered ?
Not only is that assuming way too much ( Frieza knows the power of the Angels & GoD, him knowing how to sense God KI when there is no statement indicating such , and implying he's stronger than them period. )

And if SSJ Broly >>> Golden Frieza >>> SSB Goku (Broly Movie) who was stated to be UIO 3rd Level. That would mean he would be at UIO 3rd level bare minimum.

Not accounting Fusion Multipliers ( Gogeta's base would be 50x stronger Ethan SSB Goku and Vegeta combined ) then add in the fact that Super Saiyan is used... There is no way he wouldn't be at least comparable to Jiren.
Pretty sure Freezer said 'strongest i'v ever faced' or something like that, all the current translation are iffy at best right now though.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Are people making such a claim?

That's ridiculous

Frieza can't sense God Ki, and he (nor us for that matter) know the true full strength of the any of the angels, nor their hierarchy of Power barring the Grand Priest being superior to all of them. The strongest being that he was able to sense is Jiren.

I see... Makes it far more reasonable since he and 17 were around and I'm 100% certain he could feel his Ki.

I know. I believe I mentioned it. In the second paragraph I said We'd have to assume that Frieza fought them or could sense their KI.... Which neither happened or was implied he could do respectively.

It just says something about SSG unlocking another dimension of power which is just another way to say he's much stronger than before. So no that's not evidence for Low 2-C Post-Limit Break SSG Vegeta.

Post-Limit Break Vegeta scales to Post-2nd UIS Goku who is only Low 2-C with SSB and SSBKK. SSG and below are 3-A. Though I won't deny that Post-2nd UIS SSG could potentially be Low 2-C as well due to them being really far above baseline Low 2-C if we don't low ball specific characters.

Post 2nd-UIS SSB Goku was able to force Jiren to use a hint of his true power and Jiren was already Low 2-C while heavily suppressed. As long as SSG Vegeta isn't colossally inferior to that Goku he should be Low 2-C as well. There's also the fact that Goku and Vegeta are stronger than they were at the tournament.

I know that's basically why Post-2nd UIS SSB Goku is Low 2-C in the first place. He managed to make Jiren use more energy than he did against the First UIS. But SSG doesn't have any proof of being stronger than the First UIS. We know Goku and Vegeta got stronger but we don't know how much stronger they got since we don't have a character from the previous arc like Hit to compare them to. Which is why for now we can only say Broly Saga Vegeta is slightly stronger than Post-2nd UIS Goku. And Broly Saga Goku is vastly above Vegeta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back