• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I think, right now, the only majorly relevant databooks I'm missing in their native language in regards to the original series are the Daizenshuu 2 (which is readily available in SD), Landmark/Forever, and the Chōzenshū 1. I'll probably download the El Manga Legendario in the future.

I think, right now, the only majorly relevant databooks I'm missing in their native language in regards to the original series are the Daizenshuu 2 (which is readily available in SD), Landmark/Forever, and the Chōzenshū 1. I'll probably download the El Manga Legendario in the future.
Did you find anything interesting? I imagine you at least skimmed/glanced at a good few of the guides, knowing you.

uh.

I was primarily perusing through the books looking for any information about the Ultra Divine Water & Goku's Great Ape power and how much more powerful King Piccolo became after returning to his former power, and I didn't really find much of anything useful.

Interestingly, though, the Extreme Battle Collection: Round 2 claims that Gohan was "on par" with Goku at the time of the fight with Dabura, which is... ???????

A slight upgrade from 0.744 Tons of TNT (Building level) to 1.45710394 Tons of TNT (Building level+).
Funnily enough, the latter is almost twice as high as the former.
Should we remove the "At least "and "possibly higher" in his 21st Budokai section? other profiles should also be updated I think

Saiyans are just Kryptonians with better hair
It’s actually this very thing I pointed out in the Hybrid thread. Kryptonians being hyper sensitive to all energies and radiations (as well as their ability to store them), combined with a Saiyan’s physiological response to Blutz Waves mean that, unlike an ordinary Saiyan, they should mean that the Hybrid gets to turn Oozaru whenever they want, or maintain it perpetually. And because their cells are supercharged/enhanced to be more efficient and bring out more power (hell, the Sun literally amplifies basic physical processes of Kryptonians at a cellular level, making tasks like basic thinking turn into supercomputer capacity), their forms would be superior to that of an ordinary Saiyan. So, for example, SSJ might be a 100x/SSJ2 level jump for them instead of 50x.

That combined with Saiyan strength growing in response to radiation means they’ll be constantly growing in strength from the Sun and Moon.

It’s actually this very thing I pointed out in the Hybrid thread. Kryptonians being hyper sensitive to all energies and radiations (as well as their ability to store them), combined with a Saiyan’s physiological response to Blutz Waves mean that, unlike an ordinary Saiyan, they should mean that the Hybrid gets to turn Oozaru whenever they want, or maintain it perpetually. And because their cells are supercharged/enhanced to be more efficient and bring out more power (hell, the Sun literally amplifies basic physical processes of Kryptonians at a cellular level, making tasks like basic thinking turn into supercomputer capacity), their forms would be superior to that of an ordinary Saiyan. So, for example, SSJ might be a 100x/SSJ2 level jump for them instead of 50x.

That combined with Saiyan strength growing in response to radiation means they’ll be constantly growing in strength from the Sun and Moon.
The only remaining difference would be that Saiyans have better workout playlists

Why “Varies”? Shouldn’t he just directly scale up by 50x, 100x and then unquantifiable amounts (KHH & F-S KHH)?
Holding back.

At the lowest, SSJ Gohan upscales from Babidi Saga SSJ Gohan, which Cell then upscales from.
Super Perfect Cell is even stronger than Powerweighted (Third Grade SSJ) Cell.
SSJ2 Gohan defeated Super Perfect Cell with less than half of his strength remaining.
At full power, SSJ Gohan is hypothetically (min.) Powerweighted Cell-level; Gohan never revealed his true power as a Super Saiyan, though.
Base Gohan downscales by fifty-times; effectively, base Cell Games Saga Gohan >~ Babidi Saga SSJ Gohan.

There is an IGN China interview going around where Furutani implies GT won't be in the base game (he cites that they are 'considering' GT characters due to their role in past Budokai games, so possibly Season 2 DLC) but I have seen some people going around saying the IGN article may have misused the term 'GT' or something.

Don't take that as an ironclad rejection. Just...an interesting interview statement that may or may not mean GT won't be present in the base game or Season 1 DLC.

EDIT: Here is the Twitter thread on it because there are conflicting translations and interpretations.
No surprises there. Ever since Super came out GT characters being in games became very rare. I think a DLC is likely.

If the Mecha Frieza meta succeeds, base Cell Games Gohan becomes 4-B.
goldblum-quote.jpeg

Does the durability of Dragon Ball characters lower when they are asleep, even though have it on Goku's profile that he killed Gohan Sr. as an Oozaru, we don't see on page how he did it probably making it more likely that Goku stomped Gohan Sr. in his sleep.

Does the durability of Dragon Ball characters lower when they are asleep
Wut

Even though have it on Goku's profile that he killed Gohan Sr. as an Oozaru, we don't see on page how he did it probably making it more likely that Goku stomped Gohan Sr. in his sleep.
The story shows that Kid Goku doesn't remember what happens when he turns into an Oozaru, so he just looked at the moon while he was awake and doesn't remember what happened afterward.

The story shows that Kid Goku doesn't remember what happens when he turns into an Oozaru, so he just looked at the moon while he was awake and doesn't remember what happened afterward.
Let me rephrase what I was saying, even though Kid Goku doesn't remember what happened, might it be most likely that Oozaru Goku crushed Grandpa Gohan while Grandpa Gohan was asleep? And if that's the case does it still count as a High 8-C+ feat?

Let me rephrase what I was saying, even though Kid Goku doesn't remember what happened, might it be most likely that Oozaru Goku crushed Grandpa Gohan while Grandpa Gohan was asleep? And if that's the case does it still count as a High 8-C+ feat?
The manga never really specifies that

I don´t know if this is talked about later, but chapter 21 of the OG manga only mentions that Goku got out of his house on a full moon night and then he killed Gohan, no more specifications are gived

This reminds me. I realized we’ve never indexed how Ultra Instinct seemed to wake Goku up after he was knocked out in the final battle against Gas.

Last edited:
UI is a sate of mind, gokus power in the form literally depends on his mindset as we've seen in the manga

That shit has no multiplier at all

So shouldn't Goku for UI and Vegeta in UE have a "varies from higher to Far Higher with Ultra Instinct/Ultra Ego"?

UI is a sate of mind, gokus power in the form literally depends on his mindset as we've seen in the manga

That shit has no multiplier at all

So shouldn't Goku for UI and Vegeta in UE have a "varies from higher to Far Higher with Ultra Instinct/Ultra Ego"?
I mean, there’s a minimum increase, though. Same with SSJ and SSJ2. Hence why I’m still kind of confused at not giving the flat 50x and 100x first for Teen Gohan, and then having “Varies” after the fact with the range of power stated there.

Last edited:
I mean, there’s a minimum increase, though. Same with SSJ and SSJ2. Hence why I’m still kind of confused at not giving the flat 50x and 100x first for Teen Gohan, and then having “Varies” after the fact with the rage of power states there.
Yeah it's at bare minimum stronger then blue evolved even in sign, but it's power does varies and Ultra Instinct adapts to its opponents strength without limit and Ultra Ego grows stronger without limit the more Vegeta's battle spirt grows

Both of their powers depend on their mindset

While Goku's page is still unlocked, someone should fix the fact that 23rd TB Goku is listed as 59.2 Exatons instead of 118.4 like on Ednaxel's blog. The multiplier is accepted for the anime page too so I'm assuming it's just an oversight.

I’m the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth with the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you’ve heard of in legends. Pure of heart and awakened by fury, that’s what I am. I am the Super Saiyan! Son Goku!

So.... This quote is cool and all, but doesn´t Goku have any more quotes that we can put on his profile?

I’m the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth with the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you’ve heard of in legends. Pure of heart and awakened by fury, that’s what I am. I am the Super Saiyan! Son Goku!

So.... This quote is cool and all, but doesn´t Goku have any more quotes that we can put on his profile?
On a similar note, I think quotes for DBS Anime Goku’s Coat, Super Hero and Super Saiyan images would be nice. Having one quote for an entire profile is boring but it’s still practical and neat, whereas having quotes for only some appearances and not all of them has always looked wrong to me (especially on mobile).

Back