• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Gamma Burst Flash for SSB Vegeta (manga-only move), possibly Black Bind for Base Black (Some have said it may be a move he did in the manga against Trunks) and Shenron Aura for God Goku (Presumably the thing he did in the anime against Beerus where his aura turned into a dragon).

So that WASN’T the Electroshock Surprise? I thought it was legit just Goku Black using Goku’s body better than Goku was capable of.

• Dragon Burst is the move Goku used against Rosie.
  • Sonic Blast is the move Goku used against Basil.
  • Cosmic Circle is Vegeta's version of the Hellzone Grenade.
  • "I woke up angry at myself" is funny. Poor Vegeta (Z, Early).
  • Beerus has a "Super Sphere of Destruction".
  • Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Golden Frieza share a "Grudgeless Strike", confirming the move is taken from Episode 95.
  • Super Saiyan 3 Goku, Super Saiyan Future Trunks (Super), and Yamcha share Power Up to the Very Limit. Apparently, Yamcha shares the move with Goku, Ultimate Gohan, Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, and Omega Shenron in the previous Budokai Tenkaichi games. Even funnier.
  • Blueku's Neutral Blast 1 is Kaio-ken. I've only played Budokai Tenkaichi 3 once, emulated, and I played Videl, so I have no idea how the controls actually work.
  • Spirit Breaking Cannon is the melee combo Super Vegeta used against Semi-Perfect Cell, ending with the kick in the stomach.
  • Vegeta (Z, End) has the Infinite Blaster ("Vegeta's technique") across all three forms.

I heard some crazy shit about you being able to change the story of Dragon Ball if you play the campaign in a certain way. Sounds like some Budokai 3 type energy.

So it seems they're respecting Budokai Tenkaichi 3 moveset (even having Super Saiyan 2 Goku downgrade to a regular Kamehameha because he has the Super version as his Ultimate. Albeit doing their own changes like Super Saiyan End Vegeta having something other than a Super explosive Wave as an Ultimate, even if what he got is a downgrade...also I would laugh at Base Super Goku having again Super Spirit Bomb as his Ultimate but it's probably based on the TOP one.

I wonder if Super Saiyan 2 Adult Gohan is as top tier as he was on BT3

I heard that in Sparking Zero the strength of characters is different like in canon contrary to most fighting games. This true?
Yeah, that was stated in a recent interview. I saw it but I'm too lazy to link it. The director basically said that weaker characters will suffer in gameplay.

I heard some crazy shit about you being able to change the story of Dragon Ball if you play the campaign in a certain way. Sounds like some Budokai 3 type energy.
Yes, you get options sometimes in the Story where you can change things.

Yeah, that was stated in a recent interview. I saw it but I'm too lazy to link it. The director basically said that weaker characters will suffer in gameplay.

Yes, you get options sometimes in the Story where you can change things.
That's good. I always thought it was weird playing Raging Blast 2 and Chiaotzu being on par with SSJ3 Goku.

I mean it's a fighting game, it's got to be balanced with all characters being relatively the same.

Plus it's not like the difference is notable unless you fight another player or a Red Potara enemy.

Courtesy of Dragon Ball: Official Materials Archive,
  • Super Exciting Guide (both volumes)
  • GT Perfect Files (both volumes)
  • Battle of Gods Official Movie Guide
  • Dragon Ball Super: Super Start Guide
  • Dragon Ball Volume ‘F’
  • Anime Illustration Collection: The Golden Warrior
  • Chōzenshū (all volumes)
  • Daizenshū (all volumes)
  • Super Dragon Ball Heroes 11th Anniversary Super Guide
  • Dragon Ball Extreme Battle Collection (both volumes)
  • Super Hero Movie Pamphlet
All in glorious HD.

All I was doing, right,—I was browsing the Internet, at this point, just searching up "extreme battle collection round 2" on Google, cuz I really wanted to look into some scans that had lingering in the back of my head for weeks now. And, I find this VK link, right? Just sitting there. Coupla minutes before that, I was on Twitter, talking about how, in a just world, the guidebooks would be readily available, especially digitally. I think, "Hey, these are pretty good scans. That's a nice find."

And then, I click on the original poster's profile.
And then, I see the Mega link—and I knew instantly what I was about to get into.

I mean it's a fighting game, it's got to be balanced with all characters being relatively the same.

Plus it's not like the difference is notable unless you fight another player or a Red Potara enemy.
I think it's fine to make some characters noticeably stronger than others. I don't think anyone is fanboying over the Saibamen and gets upset if it's weaker than everything else by a large margin.

I think it's fine to make some characters noticeably stronger than others. I don't think anyone is fanboying over the Saibamen and gets upset if it's weaker than everything else by a large margin.
SaibaCHADS will dominate online play. Talentless Gogeta mains will be left sobbing in a crater.

SaibaCHADS will dominate online play
You frauds aren't ready for my main
f92fZ0t.png

It is just us who try to nitpicking about canon, people over there in Japan who maintain the verse isn't, to them all are canon

The weakest one is before Shadow Dragon Mission which mostly scale to DBZ Toei and early DBGT which get stomped easily by Super since most of them scale to 1 Macrocosm, Shadow Dragon however jump straight to destroy timelines which is Low 1-C so they stomp Super to hell and back
It should be like this, DBZ stuff has the script by Akira Toriyama, in addition to making filler and some additions, here at fans we consider DBH cosmology existing in the same multiverse and DBH characters are from another timeline.

Courtesy of Dragon Ball: Official Materials Archive,
  • Super Exciting Guide (both volumes)
  • GT Perfect Files (both volumes)
  • Battle of Gods Official Movie Guide
  • Dragon Ball Super: Super Start Guide
  • Dragon Ball Volume ‘F’
  • Anime Illustration Collection: The Golden Warrior
  • Chōzenshū (all volumes)
  • Daizenshū (all volumes)
  • Super Dragon Ball Heroes 11th Anniversary Super Guide
  • Dragon Ball Extreme Battle Collection (both volumes)
  • Super Hero Movie Pamphlet
All in glorious HD.

Holy shit man, good job!

Huh. In Dai.3, for OG Dragon Ball they use the re-animated/original scenes from one of the Dragon Ball movies that goes over the first few Sagas in an abridged/retelling. Cool. Seems even Commander Black’s design was seen as out of date by even that point, decades ago.

There is an IGN China interview going around where Furutani implies GT won't be in the base game (he cites that they are 'considering' GT characters due to their role in past Budokai games, so possibly Season 2 DLC) but I have seen some people going around saying the IGN article may have misused the term 'GT' or something.

Don't take that as an ironclad rejection. Just...an interesting interview statement that may or may not mean GT won't be present in the base game or Season 1 DLC.

EDIT: Here is the Twitter thread on it because there are conflicting translations and interpretations.

There is an IGN China interview going around where Furutani implies GT won't be in the base game (he cites that they are 'considering' GT characters due to their role in past Budokai games, so possibly Season 2 DLC) but I have seen some people going around saying the IGN article may have misused the term 'GT' or something.

Don't take that as an ironclad rejection. Just...an interesting interview statement that may or may not mean GT won't be present in the base game or Season 1 DLC.

EDIT: Here is the Twitter thread on it because there are conflicting translations and interpretations.
I imagine this means the other Toei Canon characters too. Characters like Hirudegarn, Z Broly, etc. It seems they’re focusing on canon (and Z Bardock) for now.

Also, I doubt the conflicting TL is right, because GT is there in untranslated/raw text/English form next to all the JP text.

I imagine this means the other Toei Canon characters too. Characters like Hirudegarn, Z Broly, etc. It seems they’re focusing on canon (and Z Bardock) for now.

Also, I doubt the conflicting TL is right, because GT is there in untranslated/raw text/English form next to all the JP text.
I would think that as well. But there are conflicting translations. Some imply GT is in the base game others imply that GT is only being 'considered' (so probably not base game this far into development). Unfortunately I don't really know Chinese so I can't discern the nuance for myself.

Back