• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I’m the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth with the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you’ve heard of in legends. Pure of heart and awakened by fury, that’s what I am. I am the Super Saiyan! Son Goku!

So.... This quote is cool and all, but doesn´t Goku have any more quotes that we can put on his profile?
Here's one if it works:

And as a result, I was sent to Earth. I'm grateful that I wound up here. Besides, maybe an outcast can surpass an elite if he puts his mind to it.

Off the top of the noggin,
  • Using less than half of his full power, an aged King Piccolo takes Goku's Kamehameha head-on without any damage.
  • During its metamorphosis after absorbing Android 18, Cell tanks a punch from Super Saiyan Trunks. Perfect Cell later withstands Super Vegeta's Lucora Gun and emerges from the resulting dust cloud unscathed.
  • Android 17's Barrier completely nullifies Piccolo's Hellzone Grenade, as does Cell's Barrier with Goku's Continuous Kamehameha.
  • Android 18 blocks Super Saiyan Future Trunks's sword slash with her forearm, nullifying the attack and even damaging the sword's blade. Previously, Future Trunks even nullified King Cold's attempt at downing him with his own sword.

• Using less than half of his full power, an aged King Piccolo takes Goku's Kamehameha head-on without any damage.
  • During its metamorphosis after absorbing Android 18, Cell tanks a punch from Super Saiyan Trunks. Perfect Cell later withstands Super Vegeta's Lucora Gun and emerges from the resulting dust cloud unscathed.
  • Android 17's Barrier completely nullifies Piccolo's Hellzone Grenade, as does Cell's Barrier with Goku's Continuous Kamehameha.
  • Android 18 blocks Super Saiyan Future Trunks's sword slash with her forearm, nullifying the attack and even damaging the sword's blade. Previously, Future Trunks even nullified King Cold's attempt at downing him with his own sword.
Wait, the Ki Blast spam has an actual name?

There's also Cooler absolutely dunking on Kaioken ×20 Goku and even flying straight through his Kamehameha before having all of his attacks bar Supernova no-sold by Super Saiyan Goku. Try to pull from every continuity to make it as consistent as possible.

You could also use the really absurd examples in the Namek Saga of stomps like Vegeta vs Qui, Dodoria, Zarbon and Recoome.

Last edited:
It’s interesting that they made the Gamma Burst Flash orange in Sparking Zero, considering it was yellow in the Manga.
First - Lucky Salamander. GO BRAZIL

Second - Aren't the colored manga made by the publisher itself? There may be differences in interpretation for the color of the thing (I would use JoJo as an example, but Araki never maintained color consistency for the characters when coloring)
=
=
=
I don't know if you saw it, but SSBE vsi is a boost like a kaioken. Interesting.

Screw Xenoverse 2 and its shitty achievements. Who invented that damn hero colosseum conquest thing? It's a screwed up TP farm.

There's also Cooler absolutely dunking on Kaioken ×20 Goku and even flying straight through his Kamehameha before having all of his attacks bar Supernova no-sold by Super Saiyan Goku. Try to pull from every continuity to make it as consistent as possible.
Kind of offtopic but I headcanon Cooler's 5th Form multiplier being around 30-35x. Base Cooler and Base Goku were shown to be pretty even yet 5th Form clearly stomps X20 and SS1 (X50) stomps 5th Form. So it adds up to me.

Uh, apparently, the original Daizenshuu 7/Chōzenshū 4 text excludes physical attacks entirely, despite previous translations suggesting their inclusion.

Does the durability of Dragon Ball characters lower when they are asleep, even though have it on Goku's profile that he killed Gohan Sr. as an Oozaru, we don't see on page how he did it probably making it more likely that Goku stomped Gohan Sr. in his sleep.
Yes it does. Which is why Super Saiyan Goku while relaxing and trying to take a nap got hurt by a rock being lightly tossed at him by Krillin, why Goku in DBS gets near-killed by a regular laser ring and bruised by a bullet. And so on.

Dragon Ball character's DO have naturally superhuman durability though, well some anyways. Goku at the very beginning had no use of Ki but still tanked getting hit by a car and bullets.

Anyways I think it's iffy to scale off-screen events that have vague context. Also I think people underestimate Oozaru. The raw power level increase might be 10x but clearly the actual physical strength is even above that boost. Goku went from wall level to large building level by going Oozaru, that is WAAAAAY more than 10x.

Uh, apparently, the original Daizenshuu 7/Chōzenshū 4 text excludes physical attacks entirely, despite previous translations suggesting their inclusion.
I notice that “Barrier Sorcery,” does note this physical limitation, though. Which means that either, A) (Since they’re catalogued next to each other in the digital document, I presume they are together in the actual Daizenshuu in alphabetical order), the “cut off” for sentences was misread by you, or really in general their proximity caused a mistranslation on your end, or B) Same exact thing, but on the OPPOSITE end/the other guys got it wrong.

Though, I think it’s strange, because they explicitly note “physical attacks like missiles,” which doesn’t just IMPLY it, it’s outright stated. And yet your TL doesn’t include it at all. Implying, if yours is correct, an entire clause/sentence was fabricated?

バリヤー
囫3图知所囚人澎人厭17号、心
湖人17号(部17号)、セル、孫
衝楽、ベジット気で離整を限り、
敵の攻を防く。幼琲系の技や、 ミサイルなどの物理的英撃を肪く
ことができる。また、ベジットは、 魔人ブウ(悪)に喫収されること から逃れることに成功した。しか し、バリヤーを使うには、つねに
知を旅射し続けなければならな
い。糖理院攻撃はともかく、構手
の知珈飛の攻撃を打ち治すために は、根手の知の倍以上の気を旅 しなければならない。永久エネル キー加を持つ17号や、それを引き 離く完全体セルが使用できるのは 当然と言えよう。また、幼のコン トロールから強さまで、宇宙」と いわれているベジットが使用でき
るのも納得できる。だが、自分よ

This seems to be the entirety of the RAWs, if the OCR is working properly. Though, given the possibility it simply isn’t, I’d just default to the scan itself. Either way, curious to see the results.

I notice that “Barrier Sorcery,” does note this physical limitation, though. Which means that either, A) (Since they’re catalogued next to each other in the digital document, I presume they are together in the actual Daizenshuu in alphabetical order), the “cut off” for sentences was misread by you, or really in general their proximity caused a mistranslation on your end, or B) Same exact thing, but on the OPPOSITE end/the other guys got it wrong.

Oh, no, Barrier Sorcery is on the next page over.

By combining all of my initiatives!

Dragon Ball Era​

• Jackie Chun destroys the Moon via MAX Power Kamehameha. >29.6 Exatons (Moon level)
    • Jackie Chun grew even stronger before the 22nd Budokai.
    • Had they continued fighting, Tien Shinhan would have defeated Jackie Chun.
  • Using the Four Witches Technique, Tien doubles his "attack power". >59.2 Exatons
    • Goku can contend with and even defeat the Four Witches Technique.
  • At less than half strength, Old King Piccolo tanks Goku's Kamehameha head-on. >236.8 Exatons (Moon level+)
  • Via the Ultra Divine Water, Goku's hidden power is drawn out. >592 Exatons (Small Planet level)
  • Training under Kami and Mr. Popo, Goku's strength doubled. >~1.184 Zettatons

Frieza Saga​

• First Form Frieza destroyed Planet Vegeta. >14.82449109 Quettatons (Small Star level)
  • After transforming, Frieza's power "more than" doubled. >29.6489822 Quettatons
  • With each transformation, (Third Form) Frieza's power is increased further by many-times. >59.2979644 Quettatons
    • Empowered by rage, Gohan damages Third Form Frieza.
  • Post-Zenkai Goku battles evenly with Frieza for an extended period of time. >118.595929 Quettatons (Small Star level+)
  • The Kaio-ken x20 amplifies Goku's abilities by twenty-fold. >2371.91858 Quettatons (Large Star level)
    • At 50%, Frieza deflects the Kaio-ken x20 Kamehameha with one hand.
      • At 100%, Frieza exchanges blows with Super Saiyan Goku. >4743.83716 Quettatons
  • As a Super Saiyan, Goku's strength is multiplied by fifty-times. >5929.79645 Quettatons

Trunks the Story -The Lone Warrior-/Trunks Saga

• Having trained and fought with the Androids for nearly two decades, Future Gohan is far stronger than his younger self. >59.2979644 Quettatons
  • As a Super Saiyan, Gohan's strength is multiplied by fifty-times. >2964.89822 Quettatons
  • Future Android 17 battled SSJ Future Gohan with less than half of his full power. >5929.79645 Quettatons
  • After mechanizing, Frieza grows further in power again. >9487.67432 Quettatons
    • SSJ Future Trunks defeated Frieza "in seconds".

Cell Saga​

• Imperfect Cell is stronger than SSJ Vegeta. >9487.67432 Quettatons
    • Kamicolo is far stronger than Cell.
    • Kamicolo and Android 17 are equal in strength.
    • After absorbing 600,000+ Earthlings, Cell gained power exceeding that of Kamicolo and Android 17.
  • Android 17's Barrier negates Piccolo's Hellzone Grenade. >18975.3486 Quettatons
  • Via Absorption, Cell adds Android 17's power atop its own. >1.19092146 Foe
    • Even as regular Super Saiyans, Post-RoSaT Vegeta and Trunks surpass Semi-Perfect Cell.
      • In their normal forms, Vegeta and Trunks are fifty-times weaker. >569.260458 Quettatons (Star level+)
    • Super Vegeta and Second Grade SSJ Trunks are far stronger than Semi-Perfect Cell.
  • Perfect Cell emerges unscathed after withstanding Super Vegeta's Lucora Gun. >2.38184292 Foe
    • Super Trunks surpasses Cell in strength.
    • The Cell Juniors possess Cell's power.
    • Post-2nd RoSaT SSJ Vegeta and Trunks can fight equally with the Cell Juniors.
      • In their normal forms, Vegeta and Trunks are fifty-times weaker. >1138.52092 Quettatons
    • Post-RoSaT Piccolo can hold off the Cell Juniors.
  • Cell undergoes a Super Saiyan Third Grade-like (同様 dōyō; "identical") transformation. >119.092146 Foe (Solar System level)

Cell Games Saga (Pt. 1)​

• At half strength, SSJ Goku far surpasses the Z-Fighters, including the likes of Trunks. >4.76368584 Foe
    • In his normal form, Goku is fifty-times weaker. >2277.04184 Quettatons

World Tournament Saga​

• The East Supreme Kai, Shin, is "dimensions apart" from Piccolo. >2.38184292 Foe
    • Long story short, Gohan is stronger than Shin.
  • As a Super Saiyan 2, Gohan's strength is increased by a hundred-fold. >238.184292 Foe

Babidi Saga​

• SSJ Gohan exchanges blows "evenly" with Dabura. >119.092146 Foe

Cell Games Saga (Pt. 2)​

• Despite a self-imposed limitation born of a gentle-heartedness, SSJ Gohan is stronger than Babidi Saga SSJ Gohan. >119.092146 Foe
    • Without even powering up further from the fight with Goku, Cell stomps a passive Gohan.
    • At full power, Cell far surpasses anything demonstrated prior, barring the power of a next-level Super Saiyan.
  • Blinded by anger, Cell enters a Third Grade-like form again. >5.9546073 KiloFOE
    • SSJ2 Gohan two-shots Powerweighted Cell.
      • At full power, SSJ Gohan should be half as strong. >2.97730365 KiloFOE
      • In his normal form, Gohan is one-hundred-times weaker. >59.546073 Foe
    • Super Perfect Cell is more powerful than ever.

Majin Buu Saga​

Fusion Saga​

• Despite Piccolo believing they needed Super Saiyan based off of their previous performance, after training in the Room of Spirit and Time, Gotenks grew powerful enough that Piccolo believed he could battle Super Buu normally; ultimately, though, he needed Super Saiyan. >1.19092146 MegaFOE
  • In SSJ, Gotenks is fifty-times stronger than in his normal form. >59.546073 MegaFOE
  • In SSJ3, Gotenks is eight-times stronger than before. >476.368584 MegaFOE
    • Super Buu and SSJ3 Gotenks are equally matched.
    • Buutenks is stronger than Super Buu, but weaker than Ultimate Gohan yet.
    • Ultimate Gohan far surpasses the abilities of Super Saiyan 3. (requires citation)
  • By absorbing Gotenks and then Gohan, Buu gains infinite power. >952.737168 MegaFOE
  • By virtue of a rival boost, the fusion of Goku and Vegeta (Vegito) is more powerful than the fusion of Goku and Gohan. (requires citation) >476.368584 MegaFOE
  • Super Vegito is the greatest known superpower in the universe, eclipsing the likes of Buuhan. >23.8184292 GigaFOE

i think.

Hm.
Then, >11.0779159 Zettatons Post-Ultra Divine Water Goku, perhaps?
That places Tien Shinhan Saga Goku (est.) twenty-times higher than MAX Power Roshi from the Tournament Saga.

The explanation implies the only significant boost Goku received between the King Piccolo Saga and the Raditz Saga was from training with Kami and Mr. Popo, which further suggests he either trained very little/not at all, or that he only engaged in light training between the end of DB and Z, unlike Piccolo.

Future Gohan and 17 scaling doesn’t make sense, IIRC Trunks was only around Future Gohans level before he traveled to the past
If anything F.17 (2x)> F. Gohan ~ F. Trunks > Mecha Freeza.

Before he fought the Androids and was defeated. An unknown period of time passed between then and when he leaves for the past. Furthermore, he is depicted as and explicitly confirmed by supplementary material to possess power comparable to Goku's—Future Gohan was weaker than Goku.
Right, Trunks probably got a Zenkai boost from his ass beating and then probably got a little stronger again from his brief sparring match with Goku due to his Saiyan biology. Honestly I feel like Trunks needs a new key for his History of Trunks self.

Before he fought the Androids and was defeated. An unknown period of time passed between then and when he leaves for the past. Furthermore, he is depicted as and explicitly confirmed by supplementary material to possess power comparable to Goku's—Future Gohan was weaker than Goku.
That would still leave the issue of F.17 scaling below Mecha Freezas level, If Trunks had grown strong enough to casually defeat someone 2x stronger than 17 he’d have no need for time traveling in the first place or alternatively would have beaten them as soon as he returned to the future.

About F. Gohan he was most likely him referring to post yardrat Goku and in the 3 years before he died, not Namek era Goku pre yardrat training.

Also I wouldn’t take guide statements saying F. Trunks and Goku were comparable, in the manga and their sparring it’s made clear Goku has a substantial advantage over Trunks, he was focusing his ki in one finger and didn’t even take fighting stance to block Trunks’ serious two handed swings.

Edit: Super in both versions reinforces the idea of what a sparring between Goku and Trunks that are evenly matched would look like, their android saga encounter is nothing like that further solidifying Goku was > Tunks at that point.

TL;DR
F.17 >/~ Post Yardrat Goku >Trunks > Mecha Freeza ~ /> Gohan ~ Namek Goku.

Last edited:
Trunk was also holding back, although I do agree Future Gohan was referring to Post-Yadrat Goku.

Although it should be noted that even if Trunks was stronger than a single android, he often has to 1v2 them and especially cause they never tire.

Trunk was also holding back, although I do agree Future Gohan was referring to Post-Yadrat Goku.

Although it should be noted that even if Trunks was stronger than a single android, he often has to 1v2 them and especially cause they never tire.
No, Trunks actually says he is going to get serious before they start, and he has a strained expression through all of the panels where he swings at Goku.

Yeah but the basis of this scaling is the 2x raw power = tanking/ nullifying with 0 damage, androids can’t be half as strong as someone Trunks made short work off and prove to be an issue to him afterwards, and even though we don’t see them fighting a lot, on their final encounter both androids were confident 18 alone could kill trunks, meaning that they were either at least on par or outright superior to him individually ( before RoSAT training)

Yeah it's at bare minimum stronger then blue evolved even in sign, but it's power does varies and Ultra Instinct adapts to its opponents strength without limit and Ultra Ego grows stronger without limit the more Vegeta's battle spirt grows

Both of their powers depend on their mindset
What you guys think about listing UI and Vegeta in UE have a "varies from higher to Far Higher with Ultra Instinct/Ultra Ego" ratting for their manga counterparts given their power varies depending on their mindset

Yeah but the basis of this scaling is the 2x raw power = tanking/ nullifying with 0 damage, androids can’t be half as strong as someone Trunks made short work off and prove to be an issue to him afterwards, and even though we don’t see them fighting a lot, on their final encounter both androids were confident 18 alone could kill trunks, meaning that they were either at least on par or outright superior to him individually ( before RoSAT training)
Why did you reply to me twice?

About F. Gohan he was most likely him referring to post yardrat Goku and in the 3 years before he died, not Namek era Goku pre yardrat training.
Ah, right.
I completely forgot about that.
Also I wouldn’t take guide statements saying F. Trunks and Goku were comparable, in the manga and their sparring it’s made clear Goku has a substantial advantage over Trunks, he was focusing his ki in one finger and didn’t even take fighting stance to block Trunks’ serious two handed swings.
Trunks was only testing Goku's ability; nothing implies that they were competing with all of their strength; that, and concentrating Ki towards a smaller, singular point on the body significantly amplifies its power.

If anything, Goku taking up such a defensive stance only confirms how close Trunks is to Goku.
further solidifying Goku was > Tunks at that point.
Goku can be stronger than Future Trunks and Future Trunks still be stronger than Future Gohan by virtue of his proximity to the former.
TL;DR
F.17 >/~ Post Yardrat Goku >Trunks > Mecha Freeza ~ /> Gohan ~ Namek Goku.
That's fine.
All that means is that the scaling chain gets bumped by another two-fold.

Although, I'm not sure about Gohan scaling to Post-Zenkai Goku. We don't really have any evidence to support that, do we?

Back