• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

So if dimension of swirling lights is the supposed boundary between dimensions then why is everything A-ok when it gets destroyed? Really curious on that one.
I don’t think it’s the boundary between dimensions generally, and rather that they fought in the boundary of the DoSL specifically. Also, if it is the general boundary, for all dimensions, it’s likely to be (or at least coincidentally matches the description of), the overarching dimension where all the Subspaces are located/contained within that was mentioned in Chozenshuu.

Edit: From what I understand, at least the TL given on by Herms and on FanVerse, the reason this even happens is “the energy exceeded what the Universe could hold/take” so “they were sent somewhere else.”

“Energy containing the might of a different dimension collides between the two. A flash of light surges as a silent explosion expanded.
The next instant, Gogeta and Broly found themselves within a dimension of swirling strange lights. The boundary of the dimension could not withstand the energy released by them and got torn apart.” - Fanverse.

Herms.

So presumably there’s just a limit reality can take.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s the boundary between dimensions generally, and rather that they fought in the boundary of the DoSL specifically. Also, if it is the general boundary, for all dimensions, it’s likely to be the overarching dimension where all the Subspaces are located/contained within mentioned in Chozenshuu.
My current issue now that is assuming that boundaries between dimensions = spatio-temporal boundary when it could just be defaulted to just a spatial boundary and considering it's outside of entirety of universe 7 it wouldn't really mean anything cosmology wise. If cosmology gets uncomposited I'm currently looking at Low 2-C macrocosms and possibly still 2-C depending on how you interpret the HTC statement.

I don’t think it’s the boundary between dimensions generally, and rather that they fought in the boundary of the DoSL specifically. Also, if it is the general boundary, for all dimensions, it’s likely to be (or at least coincidentally matches the description of), the overarching dimension where all the Subspaces are located/contained within that was mentioned in Chozenshuu.
Unfortunately no, this dimension is confirmed to exist outside of reality, so it wouldn't be on the same plane as the Universes i think.

There's also this about Broly and Gogeta's feat of destroying destruction on a Universal scale

Before the release of "Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO", the new film in the "Dragon Ball" series, which is based on the mega-hit manga series by legendary manga artist Akira Toriyama, on April 22 as a Golden Week of the film, we will explain some highlights of the film here. The "Super" series is a manga anime series that began in 2015 and covers the 10-year gap between Majin Buu's defeat and the final chapter of the original story. The last film in the series, "Dragon Ball Super: Broly", released in 2018, was a huge success, grossing more than a billion yen at the box office, thanks to the incredible visuals of the battles between the Saiyans. Just like in the last film, in "SUPER HERO", Akira Toriyama, the author of the original work, will be responsible for the script and character design. According to Akio Lyoku, head of Shueisha's Dragon Ball Room Rights Division, the story outline for this film was completed during the production of Broly. "As Akira Toriyama accepted a new challenge with 'Broly, he was quite excited about the final product and said 'Let's start working on the next one!' In 2013, he wrote the story and script for the first film in 17 years, 'Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods", and it seemed to me that his desire to take these characters to the next level was very high. But he didn't want to force it. 'Broly' was the story of a final battle, so he wanted to do something a little different , and that's how this work began." (Mr. Tyoku)

The main points were "introducing characters from the past and returning to the roots, the "Earth is in danger" stage, but as time passed, Goku and Vegeta became stronger, and the scale of the battles increased, and the last film took the form of a Universal Scale Battle. "We wanted to write other characters besides Goku and Vegeta. This time, Gohan and Piccolo play a very active role, and as we think about the story, we feel it's important to consider what the fans want. Of course, Gohan and Piccolo are popular characters, so we wanted them to play an active role in the film.

Iyoku says Toriyama started on the Super Hero script before the release of DBS: Broly. It's a change of pace from the universal scale battles like the Broly movie and whatnot, with the story focusing on a threat to Earth and Gohan + Piccolo rather than Goku + Vegeta.

Unfortunately no, this dimension is confirmed to exist outside of reality, so it wouldn't be on the same plane as the Universes i think.
This doesn’t mean much. The Hyperbolic Time Chamber exists within the Macrocosm and within the Subspace of reality, but was considered “Outside of the Universe” for Toronbo’s Wish parameters. If anything, it strengthens the idea it’s apart of the Dimensional Timey Wimey stuff, since it’s “Outside Reality” description is similar to those parameters.

This doesn’t mean much. The Hyperbolic Time Chamber exists within the Macrocosm and within the Subspace of reality, but was considered “Outside of the Universe” for Toronbo’s Wish parameters. If anything, it strengthens the idea it’s apart of the Dimensional Timey Wimey stuff, since it’s “Outside Reality” description is similar to those parameters.
Yea but we have an actual reference point for HTC

I know, but it's kind of said that it's outside of reality, it's kind of strange that it's in the same space-time as Universe 7

Is this blog currently accepted?

I need to figure out how I'm going to convince my audience Gohan is stronger than Cell without Super Saiyan 2 for this upgrade to work.
Maybe Goku will find that Gohan can defeat Cell? Despite not being aware of an SSJ2.

As far as I know, that scene where Gohan turns into SSJ2 in the time camera is from the anime, isn't it?

Either Cell has been a Super Saiyan from as far back as the fight with Goku (37.2162956067 Foe) and the increase received by Third Grade is unquantifiable, thus making Super Saiyan Gohan stronger than Cell but not by fifty-times; or Cell was in normal form against Gohan, then entered Third Grade, thus granting a fifty-fold boost (938.25893 Foe), thus making Gohan half as strong as Cell in base form.

I don't think either is going to go over well.

Either Cell has been a Super Saiyan from as far back as the fight with Goku (37.2162956067 Foe) and the increase received by Third Grade is unquantifiable, thus making Super Saiyan Gohan stronger than Cell but not by fifty-times; or Cell was in normal form against Gohan, then entered Third Grade, thus granting a fifty-fold boost (938.25893 Foe), thus making Gohan half as strong as Cell in base form.

I don't think either is going to go over well.
How is Gohan's kamehameha considered?

Because it's late at night and I'm in a hurry to read the manga again, but I saw that the loss of his arm made him lose half of his power, right? He defeated cell with half the power or at that moment he recovered 100% (the justification in the profile doesn't detail it very well and I'm too eager to read the manga at the moment to see this half power thing I read)

If he defeated Super Perfect Cell with half the power in SSJ2, by mathematics, half of SSJ2 would be equal to the full power of SSJ, right? So it would end up that PCell < SPCell < Gohan SSJ/SSJ2 half the power

But that's probably not it.

Epic, actually. This year, before the Anni, I legitimately didn’t care about it and so put my CC into the bait Ultra Summons (Ultra SSB Vegito and Ultra SSR Goku Black) and got both. Then the Anni came around and they revealed Mid-Fight Fusion Duos, and while I was impressed given the game has came a long way, I really didn’t care outside of the fact I have this goal to get at least 6 Goku-Vegeta Duos so I can have a full team of them, so I summoned for both. And I got both. Vegito on First Rotation of Step 3 and Gogeta on First Rotation of Step 4.

Didn’t get Shin or Broly, but those were optional anyway. Outside of that my Summons are going as well as can be expected, really. Mostly copies of Heroes and Extremes, but a decent amount of Sparking copies and the occasional chance new (old) unit.
I’ve also had some really good luck lately. Before the anniversary I caved in and did two rotas of the pick up banner but I managed to pull two copies of MUI and three of Super 17 and still had 7k left.

For the new banners, I got Gogeta on the last step of the first rota along with the tag gammas and two copies of broly. For Vegito though it took four or five rotas I managed to pull two copies of him. I was also able to get transcendent Kamehama Goku and Vegeta and Get old Vegito to 8 stars and Legends Limited Buu saga Vegeta to 7 so now I can zenkai awaken them at least.

Overall, my luck has been really good. Got both headliners for part one along with a lot of legends limited characters

Yeah I really hate to admit it but if the visuals of u6 and 7 were accepted as being accurate, we need to take the 2c ratings into questioning too.
That visuals imply that each universe is either 3-C or they have just one single universal size galaxy, both which are just factually wrong since the existence of multiple galaxies are mention in the Manga and show in Anime.

As well the fact that it also means each respective Otherworld and Kaioshin World are know considered as be outside dimensions no longer part of the universes like Zeno's palace, which is also factually wrong based on the fact that those realms are still considered/show part of the same universe along with the Living World in both Anime and Manga.

Seriously the visuals arguments its just so full of holes in any angle that anyone who had enough common sense would see that it can't work.

HUH.

No more Tier 1?
No idea, all i'm trying is to make us have consistency here, if we accepted the super model model as disproof for infinite universe, then we must also for tier 2 and the likes, altho that would be very later down the line and not in my priority list at all

Pherhaps the dbs manga does have different cosmologies after all

also the map is wrong either way
Dude you have one map which literally lacks part of cosmology and other which is given in canon manga and also supported by author and guides plus shows all realms of the cosmology

It literally is no brainer which one is correct and which one is wrong

canon depictions of cosmology are wrong because they contradict secondary canon guide material.
Its Jaco commenting about there are countless galaxies, that they actually show to be the case in the Anime or the original U7 structure appearing in the Manga secondary guide material?
it was pointed at that some of small bits of light were likely galaxies.
main-qimg-cba587acd78fe9887062efcf009044ec

d86ta1m4-720.jpg

That its just an mere assumption and nothing else suggest those lights are galaxies, those could had been just very distant/rogue stars or star clusters.

Beside it doesn't change the fact that there is no statements within the series, from interviews or guide material that say that those visuals are mean to be fully accurate.

Like the way the Manga show the universes are also inconsistent with how they are show in the Anime, its clear that they shouldn't be taken at face value.

Last edited:
You know what's funny? If we do take these seriously, but assume that galaxy is a just an artistic representation of the other countless galaxies and celestial bodies as someone else said, this literally shows the 12 universes being space-time bubbles that are clearly separated from each other.

In any case, there's no argument for below tier 2 / tier 3.

Back