• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

It occurs to me-Why isn't Episode 43 considered when explaining part of what Goku did in the DBS Anime against Time Skip?

Specifically King Kai's diagnosis. I want the word prediction to be explicitly noted as different from normal predicting mid-combat that Goku was doing in base form or even in Super Saiyan Blue, because they are EXPLICITLY describing what Goku was doing in the middle of Kaioken (and more specifically Goku moving in Time Skip) to help create this Ki Disorder Goku has throughout the Episode. When it comes to his Precog Justification that was removed, I mean. Not any Time Travel or Speed.

SUB

King Kai: "Not only the Kaioken...But I heard you were predicting a few seconds in time at the Martial Arts Match, right?"

Goku: "Y-Yeah..."

King Kai: "Doing risky things like that is bad, you know?! Your mind and your senses drift apart unknowingly, and you won't be able to fight properly. You won't get stronger."

(I've also seen versions say "Reading things earlier" as well.)

DUB

King Kai: "The Kaioken wasn't your only gamble. That fight with Hit, when you were predicting his moves, you weren't just guessing! You were forcing your way into the future to find an advantage, weren't you?!"

Goku: "Yeah, so?"

King Kai: "So you're pushing the very limit of what a Mortal Being can do! If you keep straining yourself, the connections between your mind, body, and energy will unravel and you won't be able to fight at all! You won't get any stronger."

Now, obviously, the Dub's interpretation is a lot more pointed and descriptive-Generally speaking even able to be described as fairly different, but the Sub still can have some information gleaned that leans towards precog. Specifically because of what they're referring to and how they're separating what Goku was doing PRE-Kaioken to POST-Kaioken. Goku is explicitly not predicting in the 'normal way' in both versions, (and whatever he did is what allowed him to match Hit whilst using the Kaioken) they just go about explaining that differently. Though admittedly, the Sub is a lot more vague compared to it's Dub counterpart.

I know this album, but I'm not sure if the scans of this album can be applied to the anime or manga, I know it's licensed by toei but vsbw accepts that kind of stuff as official material? If so, then we could do something with this.
Either the video does not feature a page for credits, or the booklet lacks any credits, which means we don't really know who wrote or produced the material; at least we know Shuiesha had a hand in writing the El Manga Legendario. To that end, this is about as credible as The Anime Adventure Game.

I know this album, but I'm not sure if the scans of this album can be applied to the anime or manga, I know it's licensed by toei but vsbw accepts that kind of stuff as official material? If so, then we could do something with this.
This Toei book only serves as even more proof to add to the DB multiverse, since nothing that is there refutes the work and only confirms it even more, But I'll find out how it's made and stuff

It occurs to me-Why isn't Episode 43 considered when explaining part of what Goku did in the DBS Anime against Time Skip?

Specifically King Kai's diagnosis. I want the word prediction to be explicitly noted as different from normal predicting mid-combat that Goku was doing in base form or even in Super Saiyan Blue, because they are EXPLICITLY describing what Goku was doing in the middle of Kaioken (and more specifically Goku moving in Time Skip) to help create this Ki Disorder Goku has throughout the Episode. When it comes to his Precog Justification that was removed, I mean. Not any Time Travel or Speed.

SUB

King Kai: "Not only the Kaioken...But I heard you were predicting a few seconds in time at the Martial Arts Match, right?"

Goku: "Y-Yeah..."

King Kai: "Doing risky things like that is bad, you know?! Your mind and your senses drift apart unknowingly, and you won't be able to fight properly. You won't get stronger."

(I've also seen versions say "Reading things earlier" as well.)

DUB

King Kai: "The Kaioken wasn't your only gamble. That fight with Hit, when you were predicting his moves, you weren't just guessing! You were forcing your way into the future to find an advantage, weren't you?!"

Goku: "Yeah, so?"

King Kai: "So you're pushing the very limit of what a Mortal Being can do! If you keep straining yourself, the connections between your mind, body, and energy will unravel and you won't be able to fight at all! You won't get any stronger."

Now, obviously, the Dub's interpretation is a lot more pointed and descriptive-Generally speaking even able to be described as fairly different, but the Sub still can have some information gleaned that leans towards precog. Specifically because of what they're referring to and how they're separating what Goku was doing PRE-Kaioken to POST-Kaioken. Goku is explicitly not predicting in the 'normal way' in both versions, (and whatever he did is what allowed him to match Hit whilst using the Kaioken) they just go about explaining that differently. Though admittedly, the Sub is a lot more vague compared to it's Dub counterpart.
the forcing yourself into the future shit was mistranslated

Yet another update for DB

@Vietthai96 and the SDBH crew after finally getting Conceptual Heroes.
renuu-thanos.gif

Ki Manipulation (Can be used defensively and offensively, to strengthen his skin or to fire ki blasts, which can home in on targets, and form defensive barriers)

I copied this from Piccolo's page. Goku's page has the exact same wording, but on Piccolo's page, "strengthen" is linked as "Aura" while on Goku's page, "strengthen" is linked as Statistics Amplification.

Here's the one for Goku's page

Ki Manipulation (Can be used defensively and offensively, to strengthen his skin or to fire ki blasts, which he can control telekinetically to home in on targets, form defensive barriers

For "defensively and offensively", it's marked as Aura. While Piccolo's page only has "offensively" marked as Energy Projection

Because soon someone comes and knocks it down, I know exactly where it's going every time, I won't celebrate, because there was already someone there disagreeing and we saw that.
Nobody disagreed with CM type 1 just 1 disagree with NEP CM Type 1 was unanimously agreed by every staff member and everyone in the crt what are you talking about?

Back