• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Z (Toei) Upgrade Part 3 - The Meta, Shifting

Agree, we should also make a new blog with these speed ratings
It’s being done but this crt is just for accepting the speed Calc
No, considering how the thing it comes from actually slows you down in exchange for strength so it's just 500x strength/50x speed I'm pretty sure.
It’d be a 10x boost Grade only reason Grade 3 decrease speed is because of the muscles SSJ2 doesn’t have that issue and we know it s a boost in speed so the speed would be proportional to the ki increase hence the note on the page

is someone going to make a speed blog or should I add it to mine?
bruh I told you I’d make a newer version of Vizer’s blog in Zamasu’s server

But I have to ask, should Gogeta from fusion reborn scale to only Janemba or also scale on par with Buu Saga Vegito? Via the jump issue claiming they're comparable

We should also probably upgrade the speed ratings for the dbs anime and manga with the ssj2 multiplier
Planning on that I’ve been working on a Z anime scaling chain for speed and power and a Super scaling chain for speed and power

also can someone call staff to to get this crt accepted?

But I have to ask, should Gogeta from fusion reborn scale to only Janemba or also scale on par with Buu Saga Vegito? Via the jump issue claiming they're comparable
speaking of this, the reasoning for Janemba being 2-C (being stronger than Hirudegarn) is based off of a scan that assumes M12 Goku = M13 Goku. we REALLY need Fusion Reborn taken out of the anime profiles

speaking of this, the reasoning for Janemba being 2-C (being stronger than Hirudegarn) is based off of a scan that assumes M12 Goku = M13 Goku. we REALLY need Fusion Reborn taken out of the anime profiles
honestly........i am not 100% sure why we treat as cannon currently

The heightened ability of Second and Third Grade is derived from the expansion of the muscles, not from amplifying one's Ki. (Imagine that is a screencap from the anime for the time being.)
"Concentrating all of their nerves, the user sends ki throughout their entire body and swells their muscles to increase their power. Both power and speed can be increased dramatically beyond that of a Super Saiyan."

"By expanding their muscles to the maximum, the user is able to draw out tremendous power. However, this sacrifices speed, reduces mobility, and places a heavy burden on the body."

"Concentrating all of their nerves, the user sends ki throughout their entire body and swells their muscles to increase their power. Both power and speed can be increased dramatically beyond that of a Super Saiyan."

"By expanding their muscles to the maximum, the user is able to draw out tremendous power. However, this sacrifices speed, reduces mobility, and places a heavy burden on the body."
Yes.

doesn't this just proves what Null said?

Replaced the manga scan with a clip from the TV anime.
That, and,
見かけは すげえ。 そして パワーも。 だがこんなに膨れ上がった筋肉じゃパワーが でかく上がってもスピードが殺されっちまうんだ。
"[This form] looks amazing. And it has a lot of power. But with such bulging muscles, even though your power increases greatly, your speed will be killed."
Goku even asserts that the "normal Saiyan size" is more optimal, establishing that the abilities of the form are the result of bulking up.

Like, the form exists to increase power. That is the criticism shared by everybody, from Goku, to Cell, to even Trunks; hence why Goku opted to develop Grade Four Super Saiyan, foregoing an increased Power Level in exchange for a balanced, battle-capable body. Hey, is there any chance Gohan surpassed Cell in Super Saiyan?

Ah I was thinking in my head that the statement could still fit with amplifying ki since they’re sending Ki all throughout their body and swelling their muscles like that, but I can see the argument for it being otherwise since you could argue that they’re just swelling up their Ki with muscles. Although, if SSJ2 doesn’t depend on that and just increases your speed and power by powering up your energy unlike grade 3 wouldn’t it be a different case to scale to speed?

Third Grade just doesn't increase speed. Its only purpose, expanding the muscles to their limits, is to draw out strength from the body, foregoing every other optimal attribute.

Third Grade just doesn't increase speed. Its only purpose, expanding the muscles to their limits, is to draw out strength from the body, foregoing every other optimal attribute.
I never said Grade 3 increased speed, I said unlike Grade 3 SSJ2 increases speed and power by amplifying it’s Ki and not its muscle mass. So, wouldn’t SSJ2 have a reason to scale to speed unlike Grade 3 (which I know decreases speed I’m not saying it increases speed).

This rhetoric hinges on the idea that, if size was a non-factor, Third Grade Super Saiyan would multiply everything by 10x, but Third Grade only multiplies strength by 10x. Second Grade only boasted enhanced speed because the form juggled increased muscle mass and strength and balance, but Third Grade ignores that balance.

This rhetoric hinges on the idea that, if size was a non-factor, Third Grade Super Saiyan would multiply everything by 10x, but Third Grade only multiplies strength by 10x. Second Grade only boasted enhanced speed because the form juggled increased muscle mass and strength and balance, but Third Grade ignores that balance.
Yeah but I’m moreso saying that if the amp SSJ2 gives is a > 500x boost than it should also apply to speed since it would just be increasing its power by amplifying Ki. So that Grade 3 being as strong as it is due to its muscle is fine.
Just make a thread for the ssj2 10x speed amp bro
We should probably stop discussing it here since this is just to get a calc accepted, but we were just talking about the future.

Back